IGNORED

"RadicalFemininity," a treasure trove of fundie cliches

Rachel333

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

God she's a moron if she thinks her fetus was playing with daddy. Why are fundies so damn ignorant? Educate yourself! 

While I agree with you, that phenomenon is definitely horseshoe shaped. I have to keep a straight face when my college educated, super liberal, atheist hippy friend earnestly informs me their 2 month old is speaking words. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

While I agree with you, that phenomenon is definitely horseshoe shaped. I have to keep a straight face when my college educated, super liberal, atheist hippy friend earnestly informs me their 2 month old is speaking words. 

I admit I've seen it mostly from the prolife crowd. I think their ignorance fans their prolife flames. It's easy to be prolife when you believe a thinking, playing, feeling tiny baby is formed the minute a sperm meets an egg. 

5 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Girl, if you talked about a school shooting like that in front of me, I'd kick you too.

Her husband is a major ass as well. I would kick him too. Poor kid.

14 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

How far along is she?

They got married in October, announced in December, and are due in July. So half way? 

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her husband is a major ass as well. I would kick him too. Poor kid.

They got married in October, announced in December, and are due in July. So half way? 

Aren't people typically further along when they're feeling kicks that clearly? I know that feeling movement is earlier, like 16 weeks? 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Aren't people typically further along when they're feeling kicks that clearly? I know that feeling movement is earlier, like 16 weeks? 

Yeah she said her husband normally can't feel it but she could. My husband couldn't feel kicks until I was past 20 weeks. I think it was closer to 24 weeks and it was faint. 

I think I was around 4 months or thereabouts when I first felt movement? It took a lot longer before my husband was able to feel movement, unless the baby had hiccups and then he could feel it. If she is very slender, she might have felt movement early.

I could feel all mine moving on the outside by 20wks. It just depends on how you carry, your build, etc. My second I could see moving at 17wks. My 3rd had an anterior placenta and it was later for her. 

I’m 34 weeks pregnant, and I’ve honestly never stopped to ponder which states I can still get an abortion in. I’m just trying to find the energy to work on the nursery.

And, I know it’s an old post, but does the talk about Hannah circling her husband at the wedding make anyone else think about dogs?

Oh yeah @LilaFowler sounds like she did. I also thought she was pregnant at Hannah's wedding, so I think she lost it around that time (and then got pregnant again right away). 

Apparently this happens to a lot of first time moms, that the first pregnancy is a miscarriage? At least I heard that from somebody commenting on Haley Ramm's miscarriage. 

@99bottlesofPlexus Abigail did the weird circling thing too 

In that same comment section about Abigail's first pregnancy (and from her comment, it seems like the first one was a wedding night baby), Hannah also says that they have been praying for twins and they think she might have some, but they don't want to do an ultrasound... Let's hope that it does end well for both mom and the baby(s)! She can also tell the gender of one of the babies by her dreams :confused2:

Let's see if I can answer all the questions in one comment lol! 
- I'm almost 4.5 months along!
- we don't plan to find out what it is, since we've decided not to do ultrasounds, so we're looking forward to being surprised! However ...
- re the twins question, we don't know for certain but James was praying for months before we got married that we would have twins, a boy and a girl, and based on movement that I've felt this past week, I'm pretty convinced that's the case! Besides, I've had multiple dreams that my firstborn was a son so I'm pretty sure there is a boy ... we'll just have to wait and see if there's a girl too!
- and I've been feeling really good, besides just being more tired than usual!

Here are also the bump pictures:

I really hope Hannah is wrong and only has one in there. No ultrasounds? These fundies are idiots. If there's an issue they will have no clue. They won't be prepared at all and that could affect the baby. I hope Abigail isn't as moronic as her sister and gets at least one ultrasound.

But if the baby(s) end up sick, they can still pray the sickness away :my_angel: and if that doesn't work, go to the hospital and start a fund raiser *see no evil* :irony:

5 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

But if the baby(s) end up sick, they can still pray the sickness away :my_angel: and if that doesn't work, go to the hospital and start a fund raiser *see no evil* :irony:

I'm sure this is what they will do. 

How can you be extremely prolife yet you are refusing prenatal care that could help your child tremendously? If she thinks the fetus is already "playing" and understanding her then she is basically thinking of it as an already born baby. Would she take an already born baby to the doctor? Or is she going to medically neglect it after it is born as well?

@JermajestyDuggar I wish they would have learned from the surprise twins their friend had + 2 trips to the hospital. I read back on that blog post again today. The fundraiser only covered 1/3 of the hospital costs back then... And I also read the one by Mama Washburn on how the Lord can totally heal you spontanely and that hospitals and doctors are evil. :( 

God, it is so dumb not to do ultrasounds. If it is twins (and prayer + feeling movements doesn't have me convinced) and they don't find out about it and attempt a home birth then things could go horribly wrong.

The stupid. It burns.

Let’s just hope it turns out OK, as I don’t wish ill health on anyone, no matter who they are.

I wish someone would flip the whataboutism back around at her so she could see how ridiculous her logic is. Who cares about the aborted fetuses when 17 innocent lives were taken in an act of pure violence which could have been prevented by common sense gun laws.

What a moron. Her husband prayed for boy and girl twins so thats what it is. I hope her stupidness doesn't lead to something bad like Carri. Her fetus/es doesn't deserve that.

ETA: this is her first pregnancy. She has no idea what a twin pregnancy feels like vs a single pregnancy. How can she be so sure.

I hope she's completely wrong about the twin pregnancy. Actually I hope she's wrong about a lot of things but not at the expense of her future children. I would love to see her eat crow but I hate the idea of her children suffering due to extreme ignorance. And I'm afraid that will eventually happen. 

On 2/19/2018 at 6:15 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope Hannah is wrong and only has one in there. No ultrasounds? These fundies are idiots. If there's an issue they will have no clue. They won't be prepared at all and that could affect the baby. I hope Abigail isn't as moronic as her sister and gets at least one ultrasound.

Ultrasounds are not dangerous, they really need to have one. They don't have to have it to look for reasons to abort, which I have heard is a fundie idea of why anyone would have a ultrasound. They are tools to check on the baby's development and see if there are potential issues that they need to be prepared for.

10 hours ago, Briefly said:

Ultrasounds are not dangerous, they really need to have one. They don't have to have it to look for reasons to abort, which I have heard is a fundie idea of why anyone would have a ultrasound. They are tools to check on the baby's development and see if there are potential issues that they need to be prepared for.

I agree. I can think of a few conditions that if detected, can be prepared for. And in turn, it would give the baby the greatest chance of survival. If she has a homebirth completely unprepared for any possible issues that could kill her child, then she isn't prolife.

IIRC, they believe we shouldn't use ultrasounds because of a verse saying the unborn are knit together in the womb unseen and going against that is not trusting god. I hope they do their births in a hospital setting so doctors are on hand if anything is wrong. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived