IGNORED

"RadicalFemininity," a treasure trove of fundie cliches

Rachel333

10 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I think the reason they were so "surprised" by the singleton is because they more-so had a "spiritual" belief they were having twins, due to the prayers of her husband.

Sounds like the woman in the thread I just made today about unassisted home births. Her husband believed god spoke to him and told him ha wife would have the baby the next day and it was a boy. They went out and celebrated that night because they fully believed it. 

She had the baby two weeks later and it was a boy. Dad was delusional and mom believed it. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve been pregnant twice and I’m sorry but I could FEEL that I only had one baby in there. I could feel the head, butt, and feet position. I would have known if there was an extra head or butt. She’s fucking delusional.

She didn't get any prenatal care as far as i know. It's possible she didn't know what she was feeling because no one was able to tell her. I have never been pregnant so I wouldn't know, but having never been pregnant I also wouldn't assume something about how I feel since I would have nothing to compare it to.

19 minutes ago, artdecades said:

She didn't get any prenatal care as far as i know. It's possible she didn't know what she was feeling because no one was able to tell her. I have never been pregnant so I wouldn't know, but having never been pregnant I also wouldn't assume something about how I feel since I would have nothing to compare it to.

I went to look for the Facebook post talking about doing no ultrasounds and prenatal testing but I can’t find it. She may have deleted it because she got some push back. I though in that post she mentioned a midwife using a Doppler. If that’s true, she would have picked up a second heart beat in a different place on her belly. Hannah also says she has a fetoscope that she bought to listen to the heart beat. So she was doing the twin thing for attention or she’s just delusional. 

Hannah said in a comment back on RadicalFemininity (which I notice is now gone) that ultrasounds are unbiblical.

I’m not sure how you define prenatal care! Yes, she had plenty of care. If you’re referring to an ultrasound, then no – they chose not to do that based on how dangerous they are for the baby and also out of respect for the fact that babies are formed in secret (Psalm 139) and a preference to leave it that way.

It should never be terrifying to have faith in the Heavenly Father. Exciting, yes … often even uncertain. But there’s no reason to be terrified when we know that we can trust Him and He wants the best for us and has the best plan!

Forgive me if this has been talked discussed already, I just can’t believe how rude and ignorant this girl is. It got worse and worse. It’s very hypocritical for Hannah to call out this woman on “blanket statements”, everything Hannah preaches is an ill-informed blanket statement.

749DC1ED-9547-47CA-A228-92114668D330.png

27F4EA4C-B37A-4219-9C0B-3BFA5619597C.png

And Hannah - the reason that Dr mistakenly insisted your grandmother’s pregnancy was one baby is because there were NO SUCH THINGS AS ULTRASOUNDS BACK THEN. 

I just noticed Ruth Washburn has a post on facebook from about a week ago about going to an abortion clinic. Someone in the comments points out that not every woman there is having an abortion and, well...

4NfKCwE.jpg?1

Does Tom seriously not believe that a "dnc" (:pb_lol:) can be required for spontaneous abortions too?

Ruth also goes into the whole "how can they kill their babies when there are so many people who want to adopt?" argument. I HATE this argument; it's sad that there are people who have no children and want them, but they are not entitled to anyone else's children and women are in no way obligated to complete a pregnancy just so someone else can have a child.

Also yes, Ruth, you are being disrespectful. And I find some of your beliefs hard to comprehend as well.

zsxbPtB.jpg?1

2 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Forgive me if this has been talked discussed already, I just can’t believe how rude and ignorant this girl is. It got worse and worse. It’s very hypocritical for Hannah to call out this woman on “blanket statements”, everything Hannah preaches is an ill-informed blanket statement.

Hannah is a complete know it all. She’s always come across that way. She’s smug as hell too. Along with her husband. They are better than everyone. I would hate to be pregnant with her like Abigail. I’m sure she tells Abigail what she thinks is right and what’s wrong during pregnancy. 

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I just noticed Ruth Washburn has a post on facebook from about a week ago about going to an abortion clinic. Someone in the comments points out that not every woman there is having an abortion and, well...

4NfKCwE.jpg?1

Does Tom seriously not believe that a "dnc" (:pb_lol:) can be required for spontaneous abortions too?

Ruth also goes into the whole "how can they kill their babies when there are so many people who want to adopt?" argument. I HATE this argument; it's sad that there are people who have no children and want them, but they are not entitled to anyone else's children and women are in no way obligated to complete a pregnancy just so someone else can have a child.

Also yes, Ruth, you are being disrespectful. And I find some of your beliefs hard to comprehend as well.

zsxbPtB.jpg?1

Why is she making fun of prayer flags when she believes her prayers go directly to an invisible man in the sky? She has ZERO room to laugh. She’s doing almost the exact same thing on a regular basis. They are all so closed minded and smug. I can’t imagine being friends with such people.

That post on prayer flags makes me want to throw my laptop across the room. WTF? Would she take issue with lighting a candle for someone? How is one form of prayer any less valid than another? I take great issue with their appropriation of Jewish culture and traditions but I'm not going to "teach" them why it's fucked up. 

The lack of prenatal care is idiotic. My sister had twins and all three would have died if it weren't for Drs and modern medicine. Including ultrasounds. Fuck, 5/6 kids in my family (my generation that is) wouldn't have made it if it weren't for the solid prenatal care we and our mothers received. 

My eldest would be permanently deaf if we didn't get him regular check ups with a real doctor. 

Let's be real: their family would be absolutely fine with women dying of septicemia if it meant they could prevent abortion services. They don't give a shit 

17 minutes ago, mswhatsit said:

Would she take issue with lighting a candle for someone?

Yes, probably. That's for Catholics. :roll:

A lot of people like her really cannot comprehend that their own beliefs are as odd to other people as others' beliefs are to them.

I have a friend who had surprise twins. Truly one of those mind blowing stories. She had an early-ish ultrasound that showed one baby, but because they would have to pay out of pocket for a second ultrasound they didn't do it. Her first baby (who was only 11m old when the trend were born) had been 9+ lbs, so they just expected a big baby. Then she went into labor early and was put on best. She actually had an ultrasound while in labor and no one noticed the twin. The nurse said she thought the baby was breach, she thought she felt a head at the top, but the ultrasound confirmed a head down low. The first baby was born and was very, very small for the big baby they were expecting (4lbs). And then the placenta didn't come, and contractions didnt stop. The second baby was breech and was born by c-section. 

I don't understand her disbelief over the prayer flags.  Do you think she has a mezuzah on her house? 

12 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

A lot of people like her really cannot comprehend that their own beliefs are as odd to other people as others' beliefs are to them.

Surely they have some awareness that they themselves are pretty out there? They spend plenty of time arguing with people online, and they've got to know that people like us are reading their blogs just to go "they think what??? :wtsf:"

Prayer flags are a pretty tame idea, compared to cosplaying Judaism and avoiding basic medical care. If you're gonna follow a "radical" belief system, why not own it? Instead of acting like you're the only one with common sense and everyone else is crazy.

21 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

That's absolutely true. I forget that not everyone was raised by crazy Christian parents who taught us to embrace ecumenism and inter-faith dialogue. I'm not Catholic but I shamelessly light candles for people as part of my prayer practice. I love prayer flags and the concept behind them but at this point, it feels appropriative for me to use them. 

35 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I think mswhatsit was referring to Jewish candle lighting traditions which they probably appropriate like yahrtzeit candles or Shabbat candles. 

21 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I have a friend who had surprise twins. Truly one of those mind blowing stories. She had an early-ish ultrasound that showed one baby, but because they would have to pay out of pocket for a second ultrasound they didn't do it. Her first baby (who was only 11m old when the trend were born) had been 9+ lbs, so they just expected a big baby. Then she went into labor early and was put on best. She actually had an ultrasound while in labor and no one noticed the twin. The nurse said she thought the baby was breach, she thought she felt a head at the top, but the ultrasound confirmed a head down low. The first baby was born and was very, very small for the big baby they were expecting (4lbs). And then the placenta didn't come, and contractions didnt stop. The second baby was breech and was born by c-section. 

I don't understand her disbelief over the prayer flags.  Do you think she has a mezuzah on her house? 

It’s funny because a Doula actually told her on her Facebook page that she was way to small to have twins. Yet she still clung to her delusion...

19 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Surely they have some awareness that they themselves are pretty out there? They spend plenty of time arguing with people online, and they've got to know that people like us are reading their blogs just to go "they think what??? :wtsf:"

Prayer flags are a pretty tame idea, compared to cosplaying Judaism and avoiding basic medical care. If you're gonna follow a "radical" belief system, why not own it? Instead of acting like you're the only one with common sense and everyone else is crazy.

James has a catholic family so I assume he grew up catholic or around many Catholics. He’s the only one that made this radical conversion. I’ve said it before but his family must shake their heads at him. 

1 hour ago, dripcurl said:

And Hannah - the reason that Dr mistakenly insisted your grandmother’s pregnancy was one baby is because there were NO SUCH THINGS AS ULTRASOUNDS BACK THEN. 

Wow, her comment illustrates some serious critical thinking and logic fails. OF COURSE she's heard of more complications in singleton pregnancies because there are far more singleton pregnancies than twin pregnancies. But if one looks at the data for twin pregnancies, which includes thousands of mothers and babies, there's a higher risk of complications. Yeesh. 

5 minutes ago, artdecades said:

I think mswhatsit was referring to Jewish candle lighting traditions which they probably appropriate like yahrtzeit candles or Shabbat candles. 

I was talking very broadly since so many religions use candles but now that you've pointed that out the  Shabbat candles I'm even more annoyed at Ruth. WTF. 

I googled “Yael” and apparently it’s a very popular name in Israel. Pronounced “yah-elle” apparently. 

Thank God Hannah and the baby are healthy and there were no complications... yet at the same time this will just provide fuel to her arguments with naysayers about unassisted homebirths being totally safe. She might not be so lucky in the future. 

5 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I googled “Yael” and apparently it’s a very popular name in Israel. Pronounced “yah-elle” apparently. 

Thank God Hannah and the baby are healthy and there were no complications... yet at the same time this will just provide fuel to her arguments with naysayers about unassisted homebirths being totally safe. She might not be so lucky in the future. 

I knew she would pick a name popular in Israel. Did you see her wedding? It was over the top. It was just Jewish cosplay to the extreme. 

Her husband is the one who was running for office then abruptly dropped out to join their weird fringe religion, correct? I'm guessing there's going to be some serious issues down the road once he gets restless and wants to do another personality shift. If age doesn't reduce Hannah's smugness (and her dad doesn't appear to have grown humble or loving with time), I suspect life in general will be taking her down a peg or ten.

16 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

Her husband is the one who was running for office then abruptly dropped out to join their weird fringe religion, correct? I'm guessing there's going to be some serious issues down the road once he gets restless and wants to do another personality shift. If age doesn't reduce Hannah's smugness (and her dad doesn't appear to have grown humble or loving with time), I suspect life in general will be taking her down a peg or ten.

Hannah’s parents pulled a James Mandarino when Hannah was young so I bet she assumes James will stick with it. But not everyone does. IIRC James lost the election. Or maybe he just dropped out at the last minute when he knew he would lose. Either way he lost. And then moved a few states away to get to know a girl he met on JDate. That was only a little over a year ago. Now he’s married with a kid. That’s way too sudden and I wouldn’t be surprised if he made some other sudden life change a few years down the road. Will Hannah miserably stand by her man in that situation? Hard to say. 

Did not see the wedding but followed the snark here. 

Making decisions on a whim is never a good thing. Perhaps they can be sometimes, but marriage and having children are pretty much the two biggest things a person can do. They are not to be entered lightly. 

Abigail had her baby a couple hours ago, Dakota Rose. She has a ton of hair and is really cute. There are pictures on Hannah’s facebook page. 

This is my first post, so hi everyone! :)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived