IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Because Australian kids MUST be afraid of snakes and spiders, in order to protect their lives. You can find mortal spiders easily in some places and a kid with no fear it's a recipe for disaster.

No I get it. Sorry. I read this before my first coffee.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On January 6, 2017 at 3:23 PM, HereticHick said:

Whitney has been posting pictures in pants for a while. Its been discussed.

I'm irritated by the whole purity ring thing.  The episode last night showed Katie getting one on her sixteenth birthday.  She is eighteen now, so I'm curious when that episode was filmed.

Why don't the boys get purity rings?  They are supposed to be virgins when they get married too. I'm sick of the Bates' hypocrisy, chauvinism, and sexism.  

Excuse the quote I posted.  It obviously has nothing to do with my post. 

52 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

I'm irritated by the whole purity ring thing.  The episode last night showed Katie getting one on her sixteenth birthday.  She is eighteen now, so I'm curious when that episode was filmed.

Why don't the boys get purity rings?  They are supposed to be virgins when they get married too. I'm sick of the Bates' hypocrisy, chauvinism, and sexism.  

Excuse the quote I posted.  It obviously has nothing to do with my post. 

Katie was born October of 2000. She's 16, not 18. Carlin is 18 and turns 19 this spring, with Josie hitting 18 in August.

(Google was my friend today. Lol!)

And the boys don't get them because Jesus. It probably makes sense if you don't think about it or question it. 

The purity rings and the way they present them make me sick. Their obsession with keeping their daughter's pure is disgusting and the way they disguise it to make the girls feel "special" grosses me out. 

Like-  "i know we've never really been parents to you because you have to share our attention with a million kids and you have to grow up and be a mom to a sibling before you complete puberty. I know that you are desperate for any attention from us. So here is a steak dinner and a WHOLE night of our undivided attention. Feel grateful. Accept our ring and the fact that your body is not your own but your father's until he picks you out a man"

Purity rings honestly seem like a way to throw your alleged godliness in the public's face. If you want to have sex only when you get married, you would never need a piece of jewelry to remind you of that vow.

lol this whole thing reminds me of when the Jonas Brothers and Miley had purity rings. My my my, how things change. 

The idea of purity in general is disgusting. 

On 20.1.2017 at 4:08 PM, VelociRapture said:

Katie was born October of 2000. She's 16, not 18. Carlin is 18 and turns 19 this spring, with Josie hitting 18 in August.

(Google was my friend today. Lol!)

And the boys don't get them because Jesus. It probably makes sense if you don't think about it or question it. 

And because PENIS. Like a magic wand that keeps you away from lust and having unpure thoughts. Yes. It is totally logic!!!!11!1!!!

17 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

lol this whole thing reminds me of when the Jonas Brothers and Miley had purity rings. My my my, how things change. 

The idea of purity in general is disgusting. 

One of the brothers admitted he had premarital sex and they only did it because of their father. Purity rings mean squat!

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

They posted a pic of them in New Zealand. Were they speaking there too?

Probably. IBLP has a training center there too. 

Amusing how they too have gone with alternative facts by pretending people have just invited them to speak. No, they are high ranking, paid members of the cult so this is their job. 

Just an interesting tidbit - the Roberts kids all locked their instagrams down in the last few weeks. Only one did not  - and it shows that they were hanging with the Bates family again. Wonder if a courtship finally sprung from all the pretty, similar aged children?

56 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Just an interesting tidbit - the Roberts kids all locked their instagrams down in the last few weeks. Only one did not  - and it shows that they were hanging with the Bates family again. Wonder if a courtship finally sprung from all the pretty, similar aged children?

I can still see Norma and Daisy's instagram. Who else has an account?

Ok I see where the guys are private and one sister named Marty.

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I just checked and they're private.  Were you following them before they went private?

A few years back a fan blog said they could see Trace and Daisy together but Trace doesn't look like he's ready to settle down yet.

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well, a couple weeks ago, I noticed that some of the Bateses are following Campbell on IG. I checked her accound, and I could see her pictures back then, but today, it's private.

On 1/22/2017 at 6:05 AM, ophelia said:

And because PENIS. Like a magic wand that keeps you away from lust and having unpure thoughts. Yes. It is totally logic!!!!11!1!!!

Ha!! that made me think, maybe they do have a purity ring...just not one we can see :)! Yes, i have a 13 yr old mind some times.

Girls only get purity rings because they have to make sure they're not handing off damaged goods to their future husband. Boys are incapable of controlling their urges because of sinful, slutty girls who don't wear them. 

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

It's Trace and Campbell, there was a post on her facebook.

Do tell. Is this official or are they just special friends?  Like I said before, Trace doesn't seem ready but its not like I know him personally.

I did not see this one coming. Out of all of the Bates of courting age, Trace was the last one I would have expected.

Are the Roberts IBLP royalty or at least popular with IBLP?

1 minute ago, RosyDaisy said:

I did not see this one coming. Out of all of the Bates of courting age, Trace was the last one I would have expected.

Are the Roberts IBLP royalty or at least popular with IBLP?

I didn't see this coming either, but I know how good Kelly is about marrying off her kids. It looks like she might have Tori pre courting or courting (pick your semantics, she and Bobby have been an item for awhile), and there's some speculation that Carlin might be getting to know someone- no name yet, just speculation, so now it's time for the boys to get cracking! Lawson is…. well Lawson, and Nathan may still be nursing his broken heart. 

If Trace is courting, I wonder if this one will take and he'll break the Bates' boys streak- 2 boys courted, 2 broken courtships.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought it would be Trace. I wonder what that will do to his fledgling rodeo career.

On another note, UpTv is having a "Bates-cation" sweepstakes, where the "winner" gets to spend time at a vacation destination with the Bates. Oh, the snarking that could ensue. Unfortunately, I won't do any of the things you have to do to "win".  I wonder what the destination might be. It's probably somewhere like Orlando, but if it were Big Sandy, the chance to snark on TFDW in person would almost be worth having to be around the Bateseseseseeseses

Campbell must have done some photography for the Mortons and Campanas. Alyssa gave her a 5-star review. So did Micah Beasley (hasn't he and/or his family been discussed here?).

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived