IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

Do Alyssa and John not have their own thread here on FJ?

She might not have had a home birth. If Lexi was born late at night on the 26th , she could have left the hospital on the 27th and taken the pics when they got home. She doesn't seem like the home birth type but you never know. 

There is something to be said about having babies in your early 20s I guess. I looked like hell for days after the birth...

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gill and Kelly met Lexie Mae. 

46 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

She might not have had a home birth. If Lexi was born late at night on the 26th , she could have left the hospital on the 27th and taken the pics when they got home. She doesn't seem like the home birth type but you never know. 

There is something to be said about having babies in your early 20s I guess. I looked like hell for days after the birth...

They probably did have their own thread but Alyssa was gone off instagram for a while. So there wasn't a lot from her. 

1 hour ago, coffeebean7 said:

IIRC, she had Allie at a birthing center and it was a good experience.  So I expect she did the same with Lexie.

1 hour ago, coffeebean7 said:

I had my babies at ages 21 and 25 and I still looked like hell afterwards. 

I'm with Gil, why do they need to waste money on new lights when the existing lights are perfectly fine? Why don't they go help some folks with that money instead of spending it on stuff that isn't needed? 

I wonder if Kelly and Gil are feeling antsy with no (known) pregnancies at the moment. That quiver ain't gonna fill itself! 

They may have announcements from Zach/Whitney, Erin/Chad, and maybe Michael/Brandon before spring (sheer speculation).

I could see Zach and Whitney having another one soon but I doubt that Erin and Chad are going to. Chad seems like he was super overwhelmed with having two children and a puppy so they may wait a while. But that's just my opinion.

8 hours ago, Pasta said:

I could see Zach and Whitney having another one soon but I doubt that Erin and Chad are going to. Chad seems like he was super overwhelmed with having two children and a puppy so they may wait a while. But that's just my opinion.

If they've found a method of prevention that works, then yes. They might wait a bit.

But if they haven't - or they think all preventive methods are sinful - there isn't much to stop another announcement from coming soon. I really hope their Doctor is as good as another poster said he is and that he made it clear that waiting is ok.

The 2 more extreme fundie sisters, Erin&Michael are having fertility issues and It seems that both of them need doctors, not prayers, to get a baby.

The 2 slighty fundie lite couples, Zach&Alyssa are having kids in a natural healthy way and getting pregnant easily.

Michael could think about it instead of sitting and praying and hoping yo be rewarded because her godly behaviour.

Ben Seewald also seemed very overwhelmed with Spurgeon but look what happened there - Jessa got knocked up before Spurgeon's first birthday. They don't believe in preventing pregnancy, and no pregnancy was prevented!

No one will ever know if any of the couples actively prevent pregnancy unless they come out and say so, which they aren't obliged to do.

It's a hard position, because I want to believe that Chad and Erin value their family they already have enough to avoid the risk of another pregnancy, but one of the big beliefs of their religion is to not limit your blessings from God in any way, so that includes children.

I doubt they are feeling antsy because it's only a matter of time. Erin and Whitney both gave birth this past summer, Alyssa just a few days ago, Michael is a possibility in the future. Tori is courting, Trace is possibility courting, Carlin is at prime courting age, Josie and Katie (?) are getting there, add in Nathan's broken courtship and Lawson's long term courtship with country music; Kelly's busy. 

Erin is the most fertile so far (in terms of ease in conceiving and number of pregnancies) and I see no indication that she would do anything to prevent pregnancy.  She got pregnant 6 months after having Carson. She could easily announce this spring.  She may not but that still doesn't mean they do anything to prevent conception until they say they do. Same for all of them. In my book they will continue to welcome all the blessings god gives them until they come out and declare otherwise.  

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 1:44 PM, coffeebean7 said:

I had my LO at a birthing center last November , it's very typical to be released within 4 to 6 hrs if everything went smoothly. I had my daughter at around 7am and was snuggled in my own bed by 12.30 pm and the center is about an hour from my house. No complaints at all! 

Per the Bates family Instagram post above:   "Praying that god will use you mightily to share his love as you grow up."  

A bit of a contrast to my parents, who wished for my kids to have healthy, happy lives when they were born, not to be tools for their cult.

I will not make snarky comments about the newborn headband, I will not make snarky comments about the newborn headband...

Instead I will be sad that Lexi Mae's grandparents' hope is that God will use her mightily to spread His love. Dream big!

12 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I will not make snarky comments about the newborn headband, I will not make snarky comments about the newborn headband...

Instead I will be sad that Lexi Mae's grandparents' hope is that God will use her mightily to spread His love. Dream big!

I on the other hand, will.

ENOUGH WITH THE HEADBAAAAAANDS!!! 

The baby looks like Allie Jane.

Allie Jane does not seem very thrilled about the baby. I know she's little and serious, so maybe she only needs a bit more time to get used to the new situation. But this said, she has right to not to enjoy being a big sister. And I doubt she's allowed to show her real feelings or she'll be trained to keep sweet.

I think it's refreshing to see a different personality. Bradley and Carson seem soooo perfect big brothers, specially Bradley who is the poster Bates grandchild. So I like Allie looks different, less perfect, more real but still lovely.

To be fair to Allie, she's always been one of those kids who looks grumpy in photos.  She may be delighted in private, but the kid saying that a kid who has always looked over it (since her own birth) looks over it with her new sibling, means absolutely nothing.

In my professional opinion, LM looks jaundiced- Hope she's well hydrated.

Congrats to the Webster family.

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In my professional opinion, LM looks jaundiced- Hope she's well hydrated.

Someone commented that on the photo, and Alyssa replied saying it's the filter she used. Hopefully that's the case, or at least that they're aware it could be a concern and have checked it out.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Allie Jane does not look amused. I love it! :D 

There's also a lot of flash going on in this picture, so I'm not surprised she doesn't look happy. Who want's a bright flash in their face? 

Allie looks so much like a little Callie Bates. Weird. Genetics are so fascinating that I kind of love big families like the Duggars and Bates just the see the inheritance patterns. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnqcLKysvx0xlTJldUgdGCallieinhay.jpg

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived