IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

4 hours ago, imokit said:

To be fair to Allie, she's always been one of those kids who looks grumpy in photos.  She may be delighted in private, but the kid saying that a kid who has always looked over it (since her own birth) looks over it with her new sibling, means absolutely nothing.

Exactly! She reminds me of Davia Waller for having the most unimpressed face on most pictures that are taken of her. It says nothing about how she is in person. She is probably a lovely little girl but I get the impression, she isn't a fan of that camera. Which there is nothing wrong with. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Allie's over it and bored reactions. Kids like that can be fun to hang out with because they have reactions different then other kids.

Allie's faces make me laugh. She reminds me of my nephew. He was such a serious baby, he never cracked a smile. Then once he hit 3 he became a really cuddly, happy kid. 

I am curious to see if Lexi is the same way, or if Alyssa will share more photos of her if she's smiley. 

I know I'm super late to the party on this but my head is exploding at the bates-smorton connection. First the maxwells are presenting at the iblp conference, now this?! What's next, a sahd selfie featuring Addie, Jana and Sarah maxwell?  

I have to go fall down this SMorton rabbit hole because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :pb_lol: 

In my own experience, probably Allie is thinking "who the fuck is this baby? Why is she coming home with us? I like her. Wait, mommy, is the baby actually going to stay with us?"

I have to go fall down this SMorton rabbit hole because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :pb_lol: 

Not much to know. Speculation is that Trace is courting Campbell Roberts. Campbell is a photographer who had Mortons and Campanas.

On 29.01.2017 at 6:33 AM, Pasta said:

I could see Zach and Whitney having another one soon but I doubt that Erin and Chad are going to. Chad seems like he was super overwhelmed with having two children and a puppy so they may wait a while. But that's just my opinion.

This. And I also have a feeling he is exhausted. Every time I see him he seems super tired. 2 small kids, a puppy, a horde of little sisters- and brothers-in-law and of course a ton of Bates projects which as we know are always finished by Chad. The Bates are good at talking and smiling only. At least they are decent enough to praise Chad for his work. I really hope he has some time to find a time for himself and his hobby.

1 hour ago, fish_ca said:

This. And I also have a feeling he is exhausted. Every time I see him he seems super tired. 2 small kids, a puppy, a horde of little sisters- and brothers-in-law and of course a ton of Bates projects which as we know are always finished by Chad. The Bates are good at talking and smiling only. At least they are decent enough to praise Chad for his work. I really hope he has some time to find a time for himself and his hobby.

He always looks tired to me too. When he come home to find his brother-in-law there or sisters-in-law I swear for a second he looks disappointed. Like maybe he's hoping for once they won't be there. I can't imagine coming home to find  your sisters and brothers-in-law there all the time. Erin probably thinks its normal but what about Chad? Or Whitney? Do they ever get tired of having them over all the time? Tired that your father and mother-in-law can't be bother to raise their own kids?

20 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

He always looks tired to me too. When he come home to find his brother-in-law there or sisters-in-law I swear for a second he looks disappointed. Like maybe he's hoping for once they won't be there. I can't imagine coming home to find  your sisters and brothers-in-law there all the time. Erin probably thinks its normal but what about Chad? Or Whitney? Do they ever get tired of having them over all the time? Tired that your father and mother-in-law can't be bother to raise their own kids?

And let's we don't forget he helps Erin around the house.

I'm wondering if there is another kid they will move closer to his family. He has grown-up sisters to help with kids and his brothers are older than Erin siblings. Just to take a breath after living in Batesland.

@HarleyQuinn as a SMorton lover I always recommend that rabbit hole.  It's a deep one though.  To understand the love you need to read the abandoned Morton blog.  Addie has a way with words and pictures.  Then layer in super fecundity, multiple intermarriages with the Smiths, patriarchal dominionism and a horrifying pedophile scandal and you can't stop looking. 

ETA: How could I forget Cap'n Brett's music videos??!

Allie has a ballet shirt on that says "little dancer." However fundie Alyssa still is, there's no way Kelly would let one of her daughters wear that shirt.

Personally I don't see the puppy lasting long with them. If they get pregnant again, the puppy will go.

14 hours ago, 16strong said:

Allie has a ballet shirt on that says "little dancer." However fundie Alyssa still is, there's no way Kelly would let one of her daughters wear that shirt.

She may very well let one of the little ones wear it.

Bates were against TV and cartoons since some years ago, but now their youngest kids watch Paw Patrol and have a lot of TV brand toys. I'm sure their views about dancing, sports and entertainment have also relaxed. It doesn't make them less fundie, just a bit more normal. Some people say it's because they're on TV but I'm not sure if it's because TV or because older kids are doing different things and it's contagious. It's extremelly difficult to keep adult children living exactly as parents do. And a house full of fundie teenagers must be a battle about modern clothes. Of course a lot of fundies are hard enough to not to change a bit, but I understand Kelly saying "Ok, I'm not fighting about you showing your knees, if you keep these knees closed when you're courting" or letting a little kid wear a ballet dress. I have the feeling that Kelly is absolutely disconnected of her 10 youngers, so she hasn't energy or attitude to raise them in the absolut discipline she raised the older ones.

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Personally I don't see the puppy lasting long with them. If they get pregnant again, the puppy will go.

By the time #3 would be born, the puppy won't be a puppy, but an adult dog. And considering they live in the country and the dog has freedom to walk, it's not so much work.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

By the time #3 would be born, the puppy won't be a puppy, but an adult dog. And considering they live in the country and the dog has freedom to walk, it's not so much work.

That's if  they put in the work to properly train him while he was still a puppy. If not, he will be quite a lot of work, actually. And somehow I doubt that they did train him properly, since they had a young toddler and a newborn in the house.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Hopefully he doesn't wind up like their skinny horses then. 

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

That's if  they put in the work to properly train him while he was still a puppy. If not, he will be quite a lot of work, actually. And somehow I doubt that they did train him properly, since they had a young toddler and a newborn in the house.

Also Erin mentioned, either in the episode or in their FB Live stream video about how when Carson wakes up he calls for Max, and sometimes Max gets his way inside. I'm assuming he's sleeping outside and spending most of his time outside as opposed to a typical house pet.

Do we know the kids actually watch paw patrol?  They could have just bought the clothes because they thought they were cute. 

I agree though that rule relaxing might come from lack of energy. And not having michael(la) around to help. Though they do seem to ship Judson and Jeb off to her every chance they get. 

On 26.1.2017 at 7:31 PM, JMO said:

:omg: If I got to see a wedding/wedding pics with the Duggars/Bates AND the SMortons I'd about fall over.  The Duggars brought me to FJ but the SMortons are my fave fundie obsession.  

Same here. My head is going to explode!!!

On 31.1.2017 at 2:16 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

You really should.

18 hours ago, JMO said:

@HarleyQuinn as a SMorton lover I always recommend that rabbit hole.  It's a deep one though.  To understand the love you need to read the abandoned Morton blog.  Addie has a way with words and pictures.  Then layer in super fecundity, multiple intermarriages with the Smiths, patriarchal dominionism and a horrifying pedophile scandal and you can't stop looking. 

ETA: How could I forget Cap'n Brett's music videos??!

I've tried to get into the SMorton rabbit hole but there's just too many family members. I can't tell who's who 

12 minutes ago, colors_outside15 said:

Day 7 = the start of flower headbands

lexi.png

Alyssa is the worst bow offender IMO. I've only ever seen a handful of photos of Allie without one.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived