IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

44 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

If I were Ben I would get a secret Vasectomy. Those don't take long to heal right?

Ha! I'm watching my 4yr old niece, tonight for my brother who just had this done today. It is really simple. I watched DH's years ago. It was quite funny. Dr. Dick (I'm not making that up that is  his name), let me watch  dh dropped his pants hopped up on the table and got to put his feet in stirrups for a change while I was fully clothed, and giggling at his discomfort.  Anyway, the whole think from ball shaving to jock strop being placed on took 12 minutes. I stick, a little tugging and 8 minutes in the position and he'l soon be shooting blanks.  Hardly seems a fair. In the grand scheme of things. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't announce anything yet.

On the last episode Jessa said, that week after she found out she is pregnant, her sister Jill guessed correctly that new Seewald is on the way. 

I was suprised when Jana said she was first to know about new baby.  I always think that they are not so close.

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

is jill pregnant , too?

no when Jessa told Jill a week later - I have a theory - they share period dates and when Jessa didn't get hers and Jill asked her if she got  her period - and Jessa said no - and Jill figured she was pregnant and Jessa agreed. 

They are their mother's daughters - apparently nothing is off limits 

But my sister and I talk about everything...she is one of my best friends.

Same with my actual best friend, her and her sister are just as close.

1 hour ago, ChairmanMeow said:

The only people I talk about it with are my Doctor and husband. I'm just a private person when it comes to my body and health. But I agree with you. It's completely normal for women to talk about and share that type of stuff. Who better to vent your frustration or pain over difficulty conceiving or PMS or any number of things than your sister or best friend?

I have never thought Jill and Jessa seemed particularly close. I think the show makes it seems as if they are close so it can be BFF sisters being pregnant at the same time. Jinger is the one we know is close to Jessa but without being married and pregnant, she doesn't fit into the storyline as well. TLC makes it seems as though married siblings automatically have a closer bond to each other than with those still under the thumb of JIm Bob.  TLC never played up Jill and Jessa as close until needed. 

2 hours ago, ChairmanMeow said:

Chances are that you and your sister aren't involved in competitive childbirth, though. I get the feeling that pregnancy and childbirth are the only things Jill and Jessa have to talk about, aside from the Bible or some other religious topic.

I suspect Jessa's milk dried up when she got pregnant.  I don't think Jill was pregnant when Jessa announced.  That was 2 months ago and she'd be in her 2nd trimester by now. I think she wore the bridesmaids dress since she probably left it in the States and she wanted you dress up for once. For all we know she and Derrick did a real date night that night as well and the producers didn't include it in the storyline since the grocery date was more interesting/different. I also hate that Jessa didn't hear the heart beat yet at 14 weeks. I know they aren't big on prenatal care but it pisses me off how cavalier they are about pregnancy.  

I don't have a sister but I have a best friend who is like a sister and we do share when it is that time or the month or when Aunt Flo is visiting. 

But as stated we aren't competing in who can have the most children as both of us have fur babies and no human babies. :P I also don't believe that Jessa and Jill are that close. Jessa and Jinger, yes. Jill and Jana maybe; they just want to make it seem like they are super close and can talk because marriage and babies. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

The only people I talk about it with are my Doctor and husband. I'm just a private person when it comes to my body and health. But I agree with you. It's completely normal for women to talk about and share that type of stuff. Who better to vent your frustration or pain over difficulty conceiving or PMS or any number of things than your sister or best friend?

I lived with my sister after I left Dumb Ass, and we did not track each others periods. We also did not discuss our schedule. I don't need to know.

4 hours ago, JMO said:

I suspect Jessa's milk dried up when she got pregnant.  I don't think Jill was pregnant when Jessa announced.  That was 2 months ago and she'd be in her 2nd trimester by now. I think she wore the bridesmaids dress since she probably left it in the States and she wanted you dress up for once. For all we know she and Derrick did a real date night that night as well and the producers didn't include it in the storyline since the grocery date was more interesting/different. I also hate that Jessa didn't hear the heart beat yet at 14 weeks. I know they aren't big on prenatal care but it pisses me off how cavalier they are about pregnancy.  

I am now in the camp that she was trying to get pregnant and if so - are you allowed to breastfeed and be pregnant at the same time? 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't have a sister but I have a best friend who is like a sister and we do share when it is that time or the month or when Aunt Flo is visiting. 

But as stated we aren't competing in who can have the most children as both of us have fur babies and no human babies. :P I also don't believe that Jessa and Jill are that close. Jessa and Jinger, yes. Jill and Jana maybe; they just want to make it seem like they are super close and can talk because marriage and babies. 

see my best friend in the world - the one with the four kids - we don't discuss our periods re when we get them ( and I have known  her since we were 10) - if I am messaging her and I Have it - i say flow is here....and again we don't compete because hello she has 4 kids had her first at 17  and she is 43 now....so there you go....i was the first one she told when she decided to leave her husband because he was a lazy ass bastard who gave her an STD when she was pregnant with the last one. 

I don't believe for a second Jessa is close to Jill or Jana or even Jinge for that matter... Jinge was a hangeron because of her personality...and Jana well they hate each other imo. 

Yes, @nst, you can be pregnant and breastfeed at the same time.  The taste of the milk changes a bit though,  which prompts some babies to self wean.  Others keep feeding and the mother will go on to tandem feed both newborn and toddler.  

16 minutes ago, Karma said:

Yes, @nst, you can be pregnant and breastfeed at the same time.  The taste of the milk changes a bit though,  which prompts some babies to self wean.  Others keep feeding and the mother will go on to tandem feed both newborn and toddler.  

Yes, I watched my daughter-in-law do this.  She had to explain to the older one that she would have to wait because she could eat other things, but the new baby could only take breast milk.  

Finally caught up on the thread - just wanted to add that I actually laughed a little when off-screen Joy mentioned that Jessa and Jana should get their boxing gloves out during their tiff in the guest room. My bets on Jana.

Just now caught up. I hate to say it, but I don't hate Jill and Derrick.... Jill used to be my least favorite duggar (well, besides Josh but that's obvious), but she seems to have matured a lot since being away from her family. Her and Derrick are very natural with each other and they seem to have a non forced, non over the top chemistry. I think their relationship has blossomed since getting out from under her daddy's thumb, and they seem to be enjoying life in a much more authentic way than the rest of them. In addition, I'd bet money on Jill and Derrick using some kind of birth control. I think they might have wised up to Zika concerns, but probably would go back to no contraception when in the states.

Jessa obviously hates her husband and her life. I think she's definitely wishing she waited for a real man to come along. Do we know if Bin actually works/brings in sustainable income?

I am so tired of every episode covertly being a dating ad for the unmarried duggars. So annoying. Everything is about what a good, solid man JD is, and what a good wife Jana would be, and what kind of girl Joseph would like. They must be struggling for suitors which is surprising to me.  

Has anyone noticed Blessa's pulled up hair during the Korean BBQ episode? She has always been known for her luscious Lion's Mane and hair is everything to her.

She has a very visible and large bald spot, which can be signals of stress or a hormonal imbalance. The hairline just doesn't seen normal.

I can say this as I went through this and I can spot this stuff a mile away.  I'm ok with treatment, but I couldn't help notice on my mother of all TV screen.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I wasn't surprised at all that Jessa told Jana and Jill that she was pregnant.

I think that Jessa is a competitive ass.  I can imagine her glee in telling Jana that she was pregnant (haha, I'm doing the nasty with my boy-toy and you have no idea!--you might win the decorating argument, but I'm getting another pregnancy story arc).

Same with Jill, who beat her to the altar, I'm pregnant--ooops, guess I don't need to adopt.  What's new with your cycle?  (Interesting thought that Jill is still breastfeeding her toddler---broke from the Michelle 6 month rule. I do wonder if she wasn't using some natural planning while they were in CA.

I'm sure she can't wait to be the pregnant maid of honor at Jinger's wedding....it can't all be about JinJer, when Jessa gets have morning sickness while helping to pick our dresses, or whatever.

24 minutes ago, Percy said:

What sort of treatment did you use for your hair loss? Others would benefit from your knowledge.

Percy, i had a series of cortisone treatments . I saw a reputable dermatologist and it comprised of tiny needles shot into my hairline and skull.

It took about 5 minutes and about 15 needles that were relatively painless. They were every 3 months for a year. As much as I like to snark about the Dugs, I feel for Benessa, but I wonder what health care they have.

My health care provider said the earlier it's caught, the better the cortisone treatment for hair growing back. My hair grew back . I hope Benessa realizes she might want to check into it. It wasn't just one shot from the show, but her bald hairline was clearly visible in many views.

17 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Chances are that you and your sister aren't involved in competitive childbirth, though. I get the feeling that pregnancy and childbirth are the only things Jill and Jessa have to talk about, aside from the Bible or some other religious topic.

Good point. We don't compete over anything. We would be friends even if we weren't sisters because we have common interests, etc.

My other two best friends both lost hair around their hairline (although nowhere near as bad as Jessa) a few months after having their babies. It grew back though.

7 hours ago, buggers said:

They must be struggling for suitors which is surprising to me.  

Yes, absolutelty.

At least for Jana and Joy there must be a ton of men trying to talk to JB.

And I still cannot believe JD is not courting. In the fundie world he is a true catch. He is a police officer and a pilot, and seems to be kind hearted (not very intelligent though), and not manipulative or sneeky in any way.

There has to be another poor fundie girl (like Anna used to be) for him, too, come on.

Has it been discussed anywhere the fact that Jeremy's siblings have been mentioned like 0.0 times on the show? I know there were some comments on FJ somewhere from someone who knows his brother & how he thinks the whole thing is weird. It just seems surprising to not at least have them mentioned or be in the background meeting Jinger with the talking heads or something. Even Derick's stepdad, who clearly doesn't want to be a part of the show, at least is shown in the background for things? It just comes across to me like his brother and sister REALLY don't want to be messed up in this whole thing. I mean I wouldn't want to either, of course...it just suggests to me they may have much stronger opinions on it than I would have initially thought...

On 10/21/2016 at 6:37 PM, sansan said:

If I owned the house and was not a "guest" of theirs it would be a hoot! Me wearing shorts all the time and the husband out washing cars in shorts and nothing else. That would only be the first of it. Beer cans and wine bottles in the recycle or garbage cans. Our neon beer signs shining in the garage and our Kinky Friedman political poster, oh the fun!  

I absolutely lurve Kinky Friedman! :)

1 minute ago, snickers34 said:

Has it been discussed anywhere the fact that Jeremy's siblings have been mentioned like 0.0 times on the show? I know there were some comments on FJ somewhere from someone who knows his brother & how he thinks the whole thing is weird. It just seems surprising to not at least have them mentioned or be in the background meeting Jinger with the talking heads or something. Even Derick's stepdad, who clearly doesn't want to be a part of the show, at least is shown in the background for things? It just comes across to me like his brother and sister REALLY don't want to be messed up in this whole thing. I mean I wouldn't want to either, of course...it just suggests to me they may have much stronger opinions on it than I would have initially thought...

They probably do think it's crazy and I don't blame them. The show hasn't really mentioned Jeremy's siblings and that's odd. Even Dan who wasn't thinking fundie when Derek married Jill was showed. I'm guessing that Jeremy's siblings are banning being on cameras. I wonder what that will mean for the wedding. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived