IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

Did Josie have speech therapy? Her speech sounded so much better last night.  Correct me if I'm wrong but is Jill's new home the one Vanessa lived in?  Is it located close to the TTH?

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the whole thing was Weird - Jessa is downright rude and crabby.  Glad Jana won the arugument 

the last bit when jess was telling the family about the number 2 - Michelle said now you need a bigger house and  Jessa said not yet 

19 hours ago, nst said:

and do you all believe the first one she told - probably to rub it in 

Well Jana is cinderJana I would imagine Jessa just drops Spud off and if she is that prig she most likely isn't nursing so yah I feel that every woman in this family would be tell the difference between formula and great milk. But CinderJana had to know how to care for her nephew. O it is so sad to watch her. It is so naive to think that Jana is actually smart and calculating not getting married = not the possibility of so many babies, buying property = financially independent but I want to. I have always liked Jana and though she was really the catch of the lot. One could argue Jessa is the prettier one but one can't argue who is the sweeter one. I thought she would, be snapped up and Jill would have been left to care as sister mother. It is not going the way I thought but it seems to be the case in a lot of fundie families oldest daughters are not marrying or marrying later. I wonder how many suitors have filled out "questionnaires" (hahahaha) about them selves in regard to pursuing Janna?  

19 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Jessa already sporting the messy mom bun...pregnant, with a kid on the move, probably doing that "I'm gonna chop it all off" convo in her head. 

The argument between Jana and Jessa about the pictures was great...maybe a glimpse of real life? Not all rainbows and flowers. 

The comment about Jana being an interior decorator or having a decor shop was somehow hopeful...like not all the kids automatically think she has to get married and have kids...like she could have a normal life.  I think most of the kids, especially the boys, look up to her and respect her.  I think she is really running the household, not Michelle. 

In the first special Michelle said Jana could run a household as well if not better than she and she was what 14? So yah I believe it. Once again why hasn't she been grabbed up by some Fundie Royalty? 

So weird.  Jill really is wearing the bridesmaid's dress from Jessa's wedding... WHY?  Who wears wedding attire to an informal family get together?  And she has another flower on her headband.  

Maybe Jessa doesn't want a bigger house because she wants to control how much of her family comes by.  A smaller house does make it easier to send people home.  Remember our first Duggar special, when Jessa shoved one of the boys off a seat to get in front of the camera?  It might have been when they were reciting the nonsense they were trying to pass off as a family set of rules ("never raise a hand to hit," etc).  Maybe her true personality is finally emerging, bitchy as it is.

FTR, bitches get things done, so I'm often okay with them.  But the Duggars never DO anything, so instead her bitchiness seems to get directed toward her husband or other family members, which is a damn shame.  Her energies could have much better results if they were channeled elsewhere, but it seems she's just settling into life as a brood mare.  The only bright side to her fertility is that perhaps this will help ward off any future potential adoptions...hopefully.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Did anyone catch what Boob said to Bin after the baby announcement?  I couldn't catch it but I assume it was something icky.  They both grinned and laughed. 

"Maybe your swimmers are faster than mine?" 

Jk, I have no idea honestly but I do know what your talking about. The thing I found so weird was Jill wearing her Bridesmaid dress from Jessa Blessa's wedding.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well, those bridesmaid's  dresses were pretty casual...

And maybe that odd slanted ruffle over the boobs makes it modest, so I guess in Duggarland, that works.  :roll:

19 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

It was super obvious how much happier Jill and Derick are in the USA. I wish they'd stay here, for their sanity. 

I noticed that their US segments made me feel less uncomfortable than other segments in general. I actually can tolerate Derrick and Jill much more than Bin and Jessa so I was questioning weather they are happier at home which I think they are but I think their scenes were just more tolerable altogether? At least with them it won't be the Jessa and Bin show with Jinger squealing Jeremeeeeee on Face Time (remember the 15-20 minutes spent on the o my goodness will we have service during their strange wilderness experience.) I am quite committed to seeing this strange family play out. But This who season should have been cut to 4 episodes.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

Well Jana is cinderJana I would imagine Jessa just drops Spud off and if she is that prig she most likely isn't nursing so yah I feel that every woman in this family would be tell the difference between formula and great milk. But CinderJana had to know how to care for her nephew. O it is so sad to watch her. It is so naive to think that Jana is actually smart and calculating not getting married = not the possibility of so many babies, buying property = financially independent but I want to. I have always liked Jana and though she was really the catch of the lot. One could argue Jessa is the prettier one but one can't argue who is the sweeter one. I thought she would, be snapped up and Jill would have been left to care as sister mother. It is not going the way I thought but it seems to be the case in a lot of fundie families oldest daughters are not marrying or marrying later. I wonder how many suitors have filled out "questionnaires" (hahahaha) about them selves in regard to pursuing Janna?  

In the first special Michelle said Jana could run a household as well if not better than she and she was what 14? So yah I believe it. Once again why hasn't she been grabbed up by some Fundie Royalty? 

I think I'm a minority but I find Jessa to be one the lesser attractive girls. IMO Joy is ht prettiest and Jana is very close behind, Jinger Jessa and Jill of the older 5 maybe it is because I cannot stand Jessa and I usually find Jill & Jinger to be dolts. 

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think I'm a minority but I find Jessa to be one the lesser attractive girls. IMO Joy is ht prettiest and Jana is very close behind, Jinger Jessa and Jill of the older 5 maybe it is because I cannot stand Jessa and I usually find Jill & Jinger to be dolts. 

I think that Joy and Jana are very pretty. I think that Jessa is not ugly but her personality and smugness make her not as attractive as she could be. Jill's holier than thou attitude has always driven me nuts and I can't get past the way that she dresses sometimes, so again not ugly but not super pretty. I don't think any of us know what Jinger's real face looks like...

I can't really say how pretty Jill is, because of her constantly vapid expression. Blank look equals nothing going on upstairs equals no thanks, to me.

Jessa? Quirky attractive. She's made enough faces in her lifetime to have an interesting countenance.

I've always thought Joy and Jana were beautiful.

Jinger? I can't get past those buggy eyes. If I saw her at my hospital I'd suggest the doc test her thyroid.

26 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Jinger? I can't get past those buggy eyes. If I saw her at my hospital I'd suggest the doc test her thyroid.

Yeah she has the perfect eyes for crazy eyes. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I've never understood why everyone thinks Jessa is so pretty either.  She is an average looking woman with barely average intelligence and a smug, annoying personality.  Joy and Jana are lovely.  Jinger's overuse of eyeliner and spray tan as well as her frozen smile do not make her attractive at all.   Jill is average looking too, and Derrick is looking awful with his man bun.

1 hour ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

One could argue Jessa is the prettier one but one can't argue who is the sweeter one.

I don't think she is even remotely pretty.  She reminds me a lot of McDonald's Mack the knife from the late 80's.  Moon face.  I know.  I'm petty and mean.  I think Jana and Joy are the prettiest.  I just realized that Josie looks just like Joy.  I don't see her preemie features anymore.  She still looks tiny to me, though.  But someone upthread mentioned that her speech is better.  I noticed that too.  With the way Mechelle talks to those kids, I'm surprised any of them speak as clearly as they do.  That's not really saying much, but....and so, yeah!

Re: The "cat fight" between Jessa and Jana was kind of refreshing. I agree if showed the personality of Jessa to be unpleasant...however, it was the most real thing I've ever seen from the Duggars. It was kind of nice to not see those stupid fake grin's plastered on their faces 24/7. Sisters fight. I wish we could see more real moments from everyone.

Also- another poster wrote that Jill's tummy looked bigger in next week's preview. I didn't notice the first time through, so I looked again. She definitely looks pregnant (I paused it and her stomach looks almost as pronounced as Jessa's belly), but the picture that was posted of her with Dan's fiances bridesmaids...she didn't look pregnant. So colored me confused. Maybe it was just the top she was wearing.

7 hours ago, Bazinga said:

How is next week's "the older kids sit on set and reflect back on season highlights" show a finale? This show has to be over right???? (at least that is what I'm hoping)

I was watching after the "Ice Cream Social" and they were being interviewed by the bald headed guy. When Jill was crying and Derick was hugging her I thought she looked pretty big pregnant in the scene just before she was crying. Did anyone else see that?  I am also beginning to think something pretty serious happened to her in Central America, possibly some sort of attack or some kind of scare. Early on, she went places along with Izzy but by the end it seemed she remained locked in nice and tight. They might have stayed on to keep what happened a secret. She made me think of being shell shocked. I have never lived in the back woods of anywhere and especially Central America so I won't make light of how they were living. I again am not a fan of their lifestyles but I hope they stay put this time or go somewhere a tad bit more advanced culturally and safer. I would love for them to go somewhere that Jill might blossom away from her looney tunes parents.

7 minutes ago, sansan said:

I was watching after the "Ice Cream Social" and they were being interviewed by the bald headed guy. When Jill was crying and Derick was hugging her I thought she looked pretty big pregnant in the scene just before she was crying. Did anyone else see that?  I am also beginning to think something pretty serious happened to her in Central America, possibly some sort of attack or some kind of scare. Early on, she went places along with Izzy but by the end it seemed she remained locked in nice and tight. They might have stayed on to keep what happened a secret. She made me think of being shell shocked. I have never lived in the back woods of anywhere and especially Central America so I won't make light of how they were living. I again am not a fan of their lifestyles but I hope they stay put this time or go somewhere a tad bit more advanced culturally and safer. I would love for them to go somewhere that Jill might blossom away from her looney tunes parents.

I noticed the change in Jill too.  I certainly hope nothing happened to her!  But she did come across as scared to leave her house this season.  

8 minutes ago, sansan said:

I am also in the camp that I think something serious happened. I'm going with someone entered their house uninvited (possibly when Jill was alone) and it freaked them out. I think this only because they constantly refer to locks on the doors, checking security locks, having the keep the door closed, etc. Hopefully she wasn't assaulted in anyway. But I agree, her behavior is much more different then it was at the beginning of their trip.

They are living in El Salvador, and that is a very dangerous country.  I remember Anna blurting out the name of the country on Season 1 of Counting On.  Jill seems traumatized, and I wonder if she was attacked.  

I wonder if Derick is the one really pushing to go back. Jill did say she wanted to kiss the ground. I didn't really notice a change in her, but what is the point of all of it if they are in any danger. 

Also, I read an article today about the babies who have microcephaly as a result of Zika who are now turning one. They are just foolhardy to return to an area if zika is prevalent if she just plans to get pregnant any time Jesus wants it. 

The moment I literally couldn't stand Jill was on that 'Asking the girls' thing and Jinger said "No, no country area. City please." When asked if she would like to live in the country or the city with her guy. Then here comes Ms. Perfect Jill spouting about how if Jinge is miserable in the country its Gawds will for her to learn something. 

I wanted to punch her so badly. For some reason she reminds me of Gretchen from Recess if she was even more of a goody-goody.

I agree with the person up thread who said they are turning this show back into 19kc.

I think Jana and Joy are the most naturally pretty. Jessa, when she was younger and had softer features, was gorgeous, but her sharper features now combined with her Joker smile are much less attractive. I'd put Jinger and Jill at the bottom. Jinger needs to lose the raccoon eye makeup, and something about her teeth, they look like dentures to me.

Jill being assaulted sounds very plausible to me. Having been a rape victim, I know the paranoia. She seems quite traumatized by something, even if she was only threatened with violence. That just makes Derick seem like a selfish douche. I have zero respect if he drags his young wife and toddler back there. 

2 hours ago, sansan said:

That line in there is actually pretty offensive.  There is an "advanced culture" in El Salvador.  

That's not to say that there isn't a lot of violence going on, and the US is actually pretty connected to that.  We deported a number of Salvadorean gang members there, and MS-13 and Barrio 18 were able to expand in the vacuum left from our earlier interference there.  If they were really out to help people with their religion, dealing with problems which are associated with their own country isn't a bad way to set about trying to make the world a better place.  This isn't too long and covers the basics of the gangs born in the US but sent abroad a couple decades ago. TW: Please note there are some violent images in here: http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/10/05/445382231/how-el-salvador-fell-into-a-web-of-gang-violence

I also wonder if we should slow down on the "Jill was attacked" narrative; the ISB is going pretty fast here.  There's enough violence that she also could have seen some things that shocked her and made her want to stay inside.  And FWIW, there's also a lot of violence in some areas of the US, so she could have also gotten out of her bubble here and seen more things, had she chosen to do so.  She does seem to have gained a bit of awareness about how other people live, but it seems that awareness is now channeled into loving the luxuries she's used to, like air conditioning and hot, regularly running water -- not a burning desire to continue to serve others on the mission field.  

I don't recall hearing of anything else Derick was doing except his twice weekly sermons. Anyone else know more?

The more it is looked at, the crazier it is. They are converting people I guess already have a religious affiliation. Who are spiritually dead because they are not fundies. 

It boggles my mind. If they have a child with microcephaly, it will be beyond reason as they do not have to be there at this time in their marriage, i.e., the reproductive years. Unbelievable. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived