IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

We had a very simple wedding and this is how we looked. I am also in the blue dress club. It wasn't planned but anything remotely looking like a wedding dress that also had room for a 8.5 month belly was ugly or extremely expensive. I instead bought a normal dress from a plus size department. 

bröllop_10150913665880513_20934127_n.jpg

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/18/2016 at 2:12 PM, 19Kittens said:

Can you wonderful people of FJ start posting your gorgeous ass rings & proposal stories? I'm so curious now, and I'm sure it'd be so much more interesting. 

Here is mine.  Got engaged last year & the wedding is next fall :) Mr. E is sporting a bit of the Jeremy nails lol

12009644_482533185261010_2589084308563795181_n.jpg

On 8/18/2016 at 11:51 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm going to reserve judgment about his nails because my nails are a hot mess. No time/money for manicures + anxiety manifesting itself as skin picking/nail biting + turning in my dissertation this week = gnarly-ass nails.

I am a woman and a finger-chewer and nail-biter. A bad habit I've had on & off for years. So I won't judge fingers of others. 
I'd never have a closeup picture taken of my hand as a result.

These are our rings. The central stone in mine is a sapphire; the other four are CZ.

I'm a terrible nail biter, but fortunately for me my SIL is a beauty therapist so she managed to make my nails look all right for the photos XD

IMG_9550.JPG

On 8/23/2016 at 8:31 AM, Captain Obvious said:

Me too!

I also wore a navy blue dress. It must be an FJ thing. Knew this was an awesome place!

Mark_And_Claires_Wedding_(13)2.jpg

This gown is very lovely too. I just love that color blue.  This year is our 20th Anniversary and we want to renew our vows.  My wedding gown is 3 sizes to big so I think instead of getting it altered I will buy a different gown with the above color.  I love the cut of both blue gowns posted here too. Thanks for sharing your photo's ladies and thank you all for posting your diamond and wedding band pictures here.  My Hubby proposed to me in front of the Main City Police Station on one knee on our way to a hockey game 21 yrs ago. I thought he was nuts until he took out the diamond from his jacket.  The police coming out of the station  and friends who we were going to the game with cheered, hooted and howled while I just laughed.

6 hours ago, caszandra said:

Both blue dresses are gorgeous. I didn't quite have the guts to go full colour but did have a navy corset top with gold embroidery on it with a vanilla coloured skirt. This picture doesn't do my dress justice but it is the best one I've got on my pc at the moment.

DSC_0039.JPG

This is very classy. It reminds me of some of the black and white weddings I have attended in New York City.  Even a navy top with gold embellishments and the style of the gown make the gown. It's beautiful.

5 hours ago, elliha said:

We had a very simple wedding and this is how we looked. I am also in the blue dress club. It wasn't planned but anything remotely looking like a wedding dress that also had room for a 8.5 month belly was ugly or extremely expensive. I instead bought a normal dress from a plus size department. 

bröllop_10150913665880513_20934127_n.jpg

Your dress is very pretty. I love your ( is it lace? ) cap and jacket.  The headpiece looks so dainty.

2 hours ago, Jessie E said:

Here is mine.  Got engaged last year & the wedding is next fall :) Mr. E is sporting a bit of the Jeremy nails lol

12009644_482533185261010_2589084308563795181_n.jpg

I adore your engagement ring.  I have a marquise diamond for the center stone then on the sides I have smaller diamonds down each side.  My hubby bought it at Kay Jewelers. When I went to have it cleaned we had it checked by another jeweler and they switched the diamonds out so we sued them.  They put the original diamonds back in the setting and we got the ring back plus the court awarded us the money we had used to buy the diamond plus a little more to purchase another ring.

1 hour ago, MsSourPickle said:

Your dress is very pretty. I love your ( is it lace? ) cap and jacket.  The headpiece looks so dainty.

It is actually a scarf, what looks like a part of the jacket that is longer on one side is the end of the scarf. It is just tied around my head and pinned with a couple of white hair pins. I often wear scarves on my head so it felt very natural to use one when I got married too. The jacket is lovely. I haven't used it since the wedding but I have saved it to use it again when appropriate. The dress I have used a couple of times during my second pregnancy.

I knew a proposal was coming so I went ring shopping with a friend who later showed my hubs what I liked when he went to buy.

We went to dinner and then to a Christmas light show set to music you can tune your radio to and watched from the car. He kept fumbling with his pocket while he was telling me how he loved me and stuff and I was really distracted by his hand seeming to be stuck in his pocket. Then he finally yanked out the ring box and popped the question. Every year we go back to where he proposed and watch the Christmas light show together.

My engagement is a 3/4 cushion cut center and the wedding band came with it. Then he got me a matching band for the other side for our first anniversary. Everyone kept telling me I should get them welded together, but I like to wear them in different combinations, depending on my activities. :-)

image.jpg

image.jpg

So, little bit ago,  I logged on and read this thread, and then went downstairs to do my laundry. While I was downstairs, I noticed that I was very loudly singing Going to The Chapel. Thanks, folks. I am sure it will be playing in my mind for the remainder of the evening. :56247958af296_32(20):

2 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I knew a proposal was coming so I went ring shopping with a friend who later showed my hubs what I liked when he went to buy.

We went to dinner and then to a Christmas light show set to music you can tune your radio to and watched from the car. He kept fumbling with his pocket while he was telling me how he loved me and stuff and I was really distracted by his hand seeming to be stuck in his pocket. Then he finally yanked out the ring box and popped the question. Every year we go back to where he proposed and watch the Christmas light show together.

My engagement is a 3/4 cushion cut center and the wedding band came with it. Then he got me a matching band for the other side for our first anniversary. Everyone kept telling me I should get them welded together, but I like to wear them in different combinations, depending on my activities. :-)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love your rings and your nails.

I feel like I owe an apology to all of the ladies who are sensitive about their nails since I snarked on Jeremys. I truly did not mean for any of you to be distraught. I just thought his nails were pretty ugly considering he is a preacher and doesn't really do anything. All of you Free Jingerites are my online family and I would never be judgemental of you. :text-imsorry:

I honestly wouldn't snark on "regular people" who don't have nice nails, or if some leghumber had just randomly taken a close-up of Jeremy's hands or something like that. It's just that these people make money off of this, and they had planned a professional photoshoot that would focus on their engagement, so a close-up of their hands was all but guaranteed to be a part of it. Under these cirumstances, I see no reason why anyone would have dirty, unkempt nails like that.

I honestly wouldn't snark on "regular people" who don't have nice nails, or if some leghumber had just randomly taken a close-up of Jeremy's hands or something like that. It's just that these people make money off of this, and they had planned a professional photoshoot that would focus on their engagement, so a close-up of their hands was all but guaranteed to be a part of it. Under these cirumstances, I see no reason why anyone would have dirty, unkempt nails like that.

Or, you know, arrange their hands so you don't see his nails.

I bet they think his hands are "manly", because manicures are "girly".

What i think when i see Jeremy's hands is "pain", not "ugly". I was a nail biter until i had to get braces. Having them that short was very painful for me

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So, little bit ago,  I logged on and read this thread, and then went downstairs to do my laundry. While I was downstairs, I noticed that I was very loudly singing Going to The Chapel. Thanks, folks. I am sure it will be playing in my mind for the remainder of the evening. :56247958af296_32(20):

Last week I was singing and humming it around the house. Later that night my husband and I made a trip to Walmart and as we are checking out that song starts playing through the overhead speakers. My husband looks at me and says "Weird this song has been stuck in my head all day." 

5 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Anyone else find it really annoying how he says Jing? 

I haven't watched it. Does Jing rhyme with "minge" or "fringe," like her name is pronounced, or does it rhyme with "thing" or "ping" the way one would assume from the spelling?

(How could have JB & M spelled Jinger so that people didn't assume it rhymed with "finger?" Jinjer? Jindzhur? Jinjur? That last one reminds me of the Oz character.)

10 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I haven't watched it. Does Jing rhyme with "minge" or "fringe," like her name is pronounced, or does it rhyme with "thing" or "ping" the way one would assume from the spelling?

(How could have JB & M spelled Jinger so that people didn't assume it rhymed with "finger?" Jinjer? Jindzhur? Jinjur? That last one reminds me of the Oz character.)

He says it like her name, just without the r. As in minge, like you said.

47 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

HAHA. This is awesome.  Fringe. 

I always thought it was pronounced as "ringer".. Just never liked the name.

The thing that's always baffled me about poor Jinger's name is she's so early in the lineup and all five of her younger sisters have relatively normal J names.

Then again, I suppose in a way that makes sense. By the time the younger girls came along, especially Hannie on down, there were sister moms to do the work. When Jinger was born her mother was dealing with a 6-year-old, two 4-year-olds, a 3-year-old, and a 13-month-old. She probably opened the spice cabinet, saw the ground ginger, and thought "eh, close enough."

I don't know where the pictures are (which should tell you right there how it all worked out), but I wore a knee-length red satin dress. It was love at first sight. For the dress, I mean. I wasn't looking for it, but boom! There it was. The groom...well, he lasted long enough to give me Baby Bean.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived