IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm guessing you don't like solitaire rings? I love them, oddly enough I don't have one, they looked funny on me.  I have VERY big hands for a girl (and a man too honestly) so I needed something a little more and no way could we 1 afford a 2 or 3 carrot ring and if we could no way in hell we would have spent the money.  

IMG_2957.JPG

I like how Art Deco yours is! It reminds me of the Chrysler Building for some reason.

I'll just be over here, dying alone and drooling over everyone's pretty rocks!

Oooh, I love sharing rings! My first was a heart shaped CZ, then I got a teensy diamond for the wedding. Mr. D eventually bought me a pearl in white gold so I wore that until the pearl got a flat side on it. I replaced it with this alexandrite. He got me the infinity for our 15th and it has both our birthstones peridot and alexandrite. 

20160521_132104.jpg

8 hours ago, season of life said:

I like looking at women's engagement rings, but I can't wrap my head around owning one. I rarely wear jewelry and I'm too lazy to make more of an effort. I think I would rather receive food. I could get a Ring Pop!

I used to jokingly propose to my husband with Ring Pops. He always took the candy, but turned me down. Jerk. :pb_lol:

And I was the same way about engagement rings to be honest. It was important to my husband though, so we looked at rings together. He made the final call on his own, but he picked the one we both loved best. Now I wear it everyday - I remove it for certain things (like cooking and cleaning), but pretty much wear it at all times other than that. 

(Also, if you ever receive engagement food instead of a ring - you need to post it on here. So I can drool over it. Please?!)

9 hours ago, season of life said:

could get a Ring Pop!

My future DIL asked her friends to be bridesmaids with ring pops!

She bought little gift boxes, wrote on the inside top of the box lid, "He asked me, now I am asking you. Will you be my bridesmaid?"

And in the box was a ring pop. It was all beautifully wrapped and very elegant looking, then you get a ring pop...lol. Too cute.

My fiance proposed to me this past New Year's Eve. We were going to his parents' house for dinner and just before we got there, he had me cover my eyes (something about another Christmas gift). He led me up towards the door and uncovered my eyes (I had a scarf)  and he was on one knee and he had decorated the whole back porch with white lights and balloons. His whole family was waiting inside to celebrate. I found out later that he had visited my mom to ask for her permission a few months before the actual proposal and called my dad the day before. 

I have no pictures of the ring but it was my fiance's great grandmother's ring first, then his grandmother's, who gave it to my fiance. It is an amethyst surrounded by little pearls (similar to the style of Princess Kate's ring). 

@samurai_sarah, your dress is beautiful, so glad to see you decide to get it in the end. I hope you and Mr.Samurai had a great day.

@Kak, thank you for your lovely words about my rings, it is a pain in the bum to get them to line up as my wedding ring is a Russian ring and isn't set in position, it takes ages to get both rings into position like it shows in the picture. I used to be a nail tech, only reason my nails are nice!

8 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

Thank you!

I chose the blue dress because as you can see from my photo I'm a bit gothy/punky and covered in tattoos, I just looked weird when I tried white dresses on. I also wore New Rock boots to get married in, which wouldn't have suited a white dress.

Guh, I've been coveting New Rocks for EVER but never bought a pair. I'd probably dress very goth (I feel most myself dressed that way)  if I had the energy and time to put in the effort but 90% of the time it's jeans and whatever t-shirt was clean enough to wear. I do tend to put in the effort if I go to a Con, on Halloween, and occasionally Sunday mornings for church (toned down slightly). I have always said that if I ever got married I'd be wearing a pair of white 20-hole Doc Martens under a big white princessy dress. New Rocks would be better though, I think.

Your blue dress was gorgeous! I love wedding dresses with color, or at least touches of color with the white.

My ring is very similar in style to my mom's engagement ring. I always loved hers, so Mr. Pop used that as a starting point. 

For Mr. Pop's and I's 3 year dating anniversary, I gave him a bunch of Popsicle sticks with things on them like "Movie date" or "wash your car" or "Dunkin Donuts veto" (I'm addicted). One stick said, "whatever you'd like, within reason" 

We went to dinner at a place on the water. From our seats we could see ducks. Mr. pop said we should go feed them after dinner (I love ducks). So we went down to the pier and walked out and he handed me the Popsicle stick that said "whatever you'd like, within reason." "I want you to dance with me," he said. He started playing "I love how you love me" by Camera Obscura on his phone and we slow danced on the pier. And at the end of the song he got down on one knee! 

image.jpeg

32 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

My ring is very similar in style to my mom's engagement ring. I always loved hers, so Mr. Pop used that as a starting point. 

For Mr. Pop's and I's 3 year dating anniversary, I gave him a bunch of Popsicle sticks with things on them like "Movie date" or "wash your car" or "Dunkin Donuts veto" (I'm addicted). One stick said, "whatever you'd like, within reason" 

We went to dinner at a place on the water. From our seats we could see ducks. Mr. pop said we should go feed them after dinner (I love ducks). So we went down to the pier and walked out and he handed me the Popsicle stick that said "whatever you'd like, within reason." "I want you to dance with me," he said. He started playing "I love how you love me" by Camera Obscura on his phone and we slow danced on the pier. And at the end of the song he got down on one knee! 

image.jpeg

That's one of the sweetest proposals EVER! :D

Loving all of the proposal stories! My fiancé and I are from different provinces and have been together for 4 years, he proposed just before last Christmas on December 23. 

We alternate between my parent's house and his parents farm each year for Christmas. This year was his parents turn for us, so we were making the 10 hour drive to the farm. He pulled over at the rest stop exactly between our provinces and made an excuse about needing to let the dog out and give her water... This annoyed the shit out of me as we had just done exactly that 20 minutes earlier.

My fiancé spent about 5 minutes convincing me to get out of the car in the -20 degree weather and I finally obliged and started playing with our dog. I didn't notice my poor fiancé down on one knee for a solid 5 minutes before he was said "Sparky!! Will you  bloody turn around and look at me?". When I saw him on one knee, I was so surprised that I replied with "Are you f*cking kidding me?". We are getting hitched on September 17 of this year.

image.jpeg

My husband proposed at Disneyland, in front of the castle. He tipped off the photographers so we even have a picture. It turned out that a Chicago morning show was filming at that moment and we were in the background. They called us over and interviewed us but I don't even remember what we said!

i love pink, and the hubs came through. We celebrated our tenth anniversary this summer. 

image.jpeg

This might be a weird question, but is annyone here planning to send a wedding gift to Jinger? maybe even in the name of freejinger?

I am not a leghumper. I just thought about it, maybe to send her a "serious" gift? would that be creepy?

14 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

would that be creepy?

sorry  but yes it would be. I do believe that freejinger doesn't permit (appreciate?) gifts sent in their name.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

This might be a weird question, but is annyone here planning to send a wedding gift to Jinger? maybe even in the name of freejinger?

I am not a leghumper. I just thought about it, maybe to send her a "serious" gift? would that be creepy?

1. No, I'm not considering it. They have too much shit already and enough money to buy what they want or need.

2. The site specifically requests that NO gifts be sent in their name. 

3. If you send a gift then you need to do so in your name only. No mention of the site is ok.

:pb_smile:

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

you really don't want to do that 

I can mime it 

Contacting people off Free Jinger is always at the discretion of the reader and on their own initiative.  Please remember this activity is not connected with Free Jinger and not to reference Free Jinger in those contacts. 

Do NOT send gifts, card, etc. in the name of FJ.  Thank you! 

Anyone who wants to send Jinger a gift from FJ needs to read up on the Erin gift debacle. There is a reason we don't do that,

I do not understand why anyone would want to send a wedding gift to someone that they don't know--AND whose lifestyle  and beliefs they don't approve of. Why validate their choices with a gift? Why feed their need for attention?

There are hundreds--or thousands-- of charities, interest groups and political candidates more worthy of the time and money.

On 20/8/2016 at 10:27 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I'll just be over here, dying alone and drooling over everyone's pretty rocks!

Me and you both. Feeling like a spinsterrrr:pb_lol: #NSAHD

What everyone else said about leave FJ out of any contact with ...anyone ever. 

But a word on sending gifts to celebrities...I saw an interview with Bette Midler ages ago where she spoke about how many gifts fans sent her when she had her daughter.  Her words were that she appreciated the thoughts but wished people would donate to those in need because so many people would benefit and her daughter was going to be provided for, regardless.  And she said she donated 100% of fan gifts to charitable orgs.  

As she was saying she appreciated the thought her words were very PR but her facial expression screamed "why do people do this?"

Seriously, there are so many people in a bad place who could really use some help sending stuff to celebrities is so pointless.  At least Bette Midler donated all the gifts ...but Jinger Duggar?  I just don't get it.

43 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I do not understand why anyone would want to send a wedding gift to someone that they don't know--AND whose lifestyle  and beliefs they don't approve of. Why validate their choices with a gift? Why feed their need for attention?

There are hundreds--or thousands-- of charities, interest groups and political candidates more worthy of the time and money.

Not everyone here disapproves of their lifestyle and many are here not because it's not a Duggar fan site, but in spite of that and they are fans of the family.  

Oh , don't worry, I won't send a gift in the name of freejinger or even mention I am on freejinger. I wasn't around when Erin got married, what happened?

And yes to the poster that said that not all people on freejinger disapprove of their lifestyle. I'm kind of neutral and for me it's a completely different culture, so very interesting. I don't want to judge (But I do know the reasons why people disapprove with that lifestyle)

9 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I'm kind of neutral and for me it's a completely different culture, so very interesting. I don't want to judge (But I do know the reasons why people disapprove with that lifestyle)

Can I ask why you don't want to judge a lifestyle that is so abusive? I was raised IBLP/ATI and it isn't just a different culture, it is a very, very dangerous cult that is riddled with horrific abuse. It teaches people to blame four year olds for being molested. That is what you are saying you don't want to judge and are neutral about. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived