IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

He's probably all for a quick engagement/wedding to get to the stuff he's used to.

Meanwhile Jana during all of this...

Spoiler

tumblr_o4vfguPt8J1uh0b88o2_250.gif

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Purrl said:

This looks like a full on frontal hug with Jinger struggling to get away before Michelle sees. It must be so hard for Jeremy not to be able to show her physical affection if he really does love her. In the photos we see a lot of awkward side hugs, an almost kiss on the head and in the one where he is looking down at her and she is looking up it would seem only natural that a kiss would follow.

369B30C600000578-3708737-Getting_close_I

I think she's technically turned to the side, but he pulled her in. Definitely not quite the chaste side hug we've seen demonstrated, but still certainly vastly less contact than one would expect a non-fundie engaged couple to have.

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I am too. Derick and Ben look fairly derpy. Jeremy not only looks controlling but looks like he'd probably rag doll this poor girl. (Blunt and crude, I know)  He just freaks me out in a way that Ben and Derick didn't. I hope I'm completly off about all this.

Exactly! Derrick just comes off as extremely passive, easy going.  Ben comes off as not that bright and Jessa is wearing the pants.  But Jeremy...the age differences raises flags for me in this situation.  Also, how he keeps using the word 'meek' when describing JInger.  It all worries me.  I hope Jinger doesn't end up like Esther.  

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It is really quite easy to fit in with the FJ culture.  No-one needs to pick up their toys and leave.  FJ is very forgiving.  And so am I.

Just a PSA for those who rarely wander away from the morass of the Duggar threads.

- Focus on the evils of Fundamentalist belief systems not the individual person (or victim) of that belief system.  Avoid BEC.  (Harping on Jinger's love for self-tanning is BEC.  So is the recent pregnancy obsession and belief that all pregnancies are totally show and TLC driven. )

- Be prepared to be called an asshole.  Even an ultimate one.  On FJ we do not pull our punches.  Deal with that.

- Minding your manners = abiding by Moderators (helpmeets and admins) input (official or not).  If you violently disagree with the mods then argue your disagreements out in the Community Discussion Forum.  It is here for those who have not found it yet: 

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/219-community-discussion/

I guess I'll never fit in. Calling people assholes really isn't my thing. 

there was a counting on promo yesterday - and they showed Jeremy asking her to court - 

now the timeline is off because we know he asked in December 2015 

they were already filming episodes then - are they going to gloss over stuff we have already seen like the SCA trip or are they going to recreate the scene and everything and just pretend we are all stupid 

now this will bug me 

I hope Jeremy isn't abusive or controlling but what person would marry a Duggar gal. A fame whore or controlling idiot just like the Duggars. The Bates suck people in the Duggar do too with their lifestyle. Ben married to fame. Derrick married for fame and because he probably likes the fundie lifetsyle. People know what Josh did and what Jimchelle hid. Why would they marry into this is beyond me

Maybe because he loves her? People put up with shitty extended families every day because they love their spouses.

also in the promo Derick says to Jill - we will have a baby before the year is out 

or he might have said we will get pregnant before the year is out 

you should have seen her face

I cannot put into words how excited I truly am to see what Michelle will be wearing to the wedding.

1 hour ago, Purrl said:

This looks like a full on frontal hug with Jinger struggling to get away before Michelle sees. It must be so hard for Jeremy not to be able to show her physical affection if he really does love her. In the photos we see a lot of awkward side hugs, an almost kiss on the head and in the one where he is looking down at her and she is looking up it would seem only natural that a kiss would follow.

369B30C600000578-3708737-Getting_close_I

Ain't it nice :D proper spontaneous affection.

As more of them 'court' the (ridiculous) standards drop every so slightly as Ma and Pa realise how totally unrealistic (and unenforceable) they are.

I see side hugs disappearing in the next 5 years ;) 

I sincerely hope that the Jock isn't also a controlling Jerk.

Jinger has clearly guzzled down that KoolAid, but after everything she was subject to at the TTH, I genuinely hope she is happy and he treats her with kindness and respect. 

As much as I hate this family's horrible beliefs, I can't help but root for the J'Slaves/Joy quite a lot. No one deserves to be forced to raised their younger siblings, denied a social circle and proper educations/vocational training and to be abused in their own home by a family member and then victim blamed for it by their own parents. No matter how annoying they can be on social media, no one deserves that. 

So I hope he is a good guy and she's genuinely happy. She deserves a happy adult life after the shit that was her childhood/teen years. 

20 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I think they're just generally popular right now...... back when I was young (when the world was black and white and we still had halfpennies ;) ) a row of three (normally 2 diamonds and a coloured gemstone) were all the rage

Somehow I got derailed when I saw halfpennies...I started remembering my early music classes in grade school and I remembered something in a song about ha'penny and THEN I got sidetracked to Hey Ho Nobody Home which we learned to perform in the traditional round and I just got all warm and fuzzy. :my_biggrin:

38 minutes ago, nst said:

there was a counting on promo yesterday - and they showed Jeremy asking her to court - 

now the timeline is off because we know he asked in December 2015 

they were already filming episodes then - are they going to gloss over stuff we have already seen like the SCA trip or are they going to recreate the scene and everything and just pretend we are all stupid 

now this will bug me 

The Duggars arent going to blow their wad in a single season.  Jinger is "worth" two seasons in Boob's eyes, especially a free wedding.  This season will be the courtship, too many fucking episodes of dress shopping and Jessa/Jinger having "girl talk" over coffee about manly men and wifely duties (that dont involve discussing sex).  It will end with the engagement and tease a VSE for the wedding.  We'll be treated to no less than 1/3 of the show being flashbacks to preparing for Jill/Jessa's weddings. Anna may give Jinger a gift of some sort, but she'll be pretty absent from any "preparing for marriage" discussions.

One episode will be a trip to CA where Jeremy will play soccer with the brown people, likely involving bible quotes in soccer drills.

It will be like watching paint dry, as always.

Found some interesting info on Tumblr:

Dan Dillard (Derick's brother) is also engaged!

August 23rd @8pm on TLC is the premiere of Counting On Season 2!!!!!!!

I had a suspicion that they were already engaged when Jinger posted that recent photo stating that she "loved getting to know this man of God"... It's funny - they posted they were courting when they had just got engaged and waited a month before announcing their engagement - Jill and Derick did the same thing!

You also have to get the whole series of Jana Gifs:

Spoiler

tumblr_o4vfguPt8J1uh0b88o3_250.gif

tumblr_o4vfguPt8J1uh0b88o1_250.gif

tumblr_o4vfguPt8J1uh0b88o4_250.gif

Free CinderJana!!

http://countingon.tumblr.com/

21 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Jessa looks pregnant in those pictures with Jeremy's family. 

I said the same thing.   Like 3 or 4 months pregnant at that.   First thing I noticed.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Meanwhile Jana during all of this...

Hide contents

I'm still desperately hoping Jana will mosey on to a non-fundie life. It's like she can see through all the bullshit, but something is keeping her chained to the cult. Maybe it's responsibility and concern for younger siblings?  Whatever it is, I hope she breaks free.

Just now, MyMilkshake said:

I'm still desperately hoping Jana will mosey on to a non-fundie life. It's like she can see through all the bullshit, but something is keeping her chained to the cult. Maybe it's responsibility and concern for younger siblings?  Whatever it is, I hope she breaks free.

Wasnt there a reality show where women competed to marry a farmer?  Maybe boob will do a reverse, bring in some eligible farmers and make them mud wrestle/fix cars/clean out houses for him to flip etc in order to win the prize.

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Wasnt there a reality show where women competed to marry a farmer?  Maybe boob will do a reverse, bring in some eligible farmers and make them mud wrestle/fix cars/clean out houses for him to flip etc in order to win the prize.

That, is faboulos i'm almost scare they collo decide to really do! I will watching it 

15 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Maybe she means "to know" in the Biblical sense. ;) 

When she says, "I love getting to know this man of God " maybe that is fundie code for,

"I love the idea that I am  getting to know [to go to bed with] this man soon.":giggle:

I think Jeremy looks like he wants to "get to know her" in that sense. He looks a little horny in some of the pictures.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If a network was willing to pay them, I imagine JBoob would raffle off his kids in all manner of ways. :my_dodgy:

11 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Also is a forehead kiss forbidden? It seems so unsexual to me. Just sweet. Not likely to stir up desires that can't be righteously fulfilled.

Of course it's forbidden.  His lips will be within 3 feet of hers!  They will have thoughts that aren't supposed to occur until legally bound in a covenant wedding!  They are practically getting it on in front of everyone! 

Any news on the insta account? I'm non so good in there things 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess I'll never fit in. Calling people assholes really isn't my thing. 

It's not my thing either. You don't have to call people assholes to fit in, you just have to not act shocked when other people do.

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

It's not my thing either. You don't have to call people assholes to fit in, you just have to not act shocked when other people do.

I'm not allowed to be surprised by being called an asshole? I'm not hurt or anything. I haven't been around FJ long so I guess I didn't realize that name calling other posters was ok. Now I know. From now on I won't be surprised when posters name call one another. 

1 hour ago, MyMilkshake said:

I forget she's still only 26........ relatively young for marriage in the non fundie world. Considering JD is showing no signs of settling down anytime soon either it's quite funny/sad that the we're almost fixated on Jana's circumstances. (I know there's more to it, I know the boys have more options etc and I know it says more about her upbringing than about us being sexist but it's still sad).

#FreeCinderJana

3 hours ago, Jessie E said:

Exactly! Derrick just comes off as extremely passive, easy going.  Ben comes off as not that bright and Jessa is wearing the pants.  But Jeremy...the age differences raises flags for me in this situation.  Also, how he keeps using the word 'meek' when describing JInger.  It all worries me.  I hope Jinger doesn't end up like Esther.  

She's 22 and he's 28. I was born in 1965 and have never heard of this as a problematic age difference before now. It sounds quite sensible to me, personally, all else aside.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived