IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

anyone else dreading the future jinger and jessa photoshoots inside that damn taco shop ft baby bumps pressed together and smug smiles 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing "John David, Joseph, and Josiah think about courting." (Or whatever it said, paraphrasing) seems like Kim Jong Boob is having TLC put more pressure on them. 

4 hours ago, PecanThief said:

anyone else dreading the future jinger and jessa photoshoots inside that damn taco shop ft baby bumps pressed together and smug smiles 

Honestly, I'm waiting for Jinger and Jessa to move to texas and open up a thrift/second hand store with a "purpose" for Jill and Ben's missions.  It will be affiliated with jeremy's church which conveniently has Ben's recording studio in the basement.  Josh will do the printing and shitty web design on the DL from his carefully monitored bunker in Arkansas.

4 hours ago, PecanThief said:

That freaking taco shop. I really want hipsterish fundies to start opening more watered-down-for-white-people foreign cuisine restaurants whose main customer base is 2nd-gen fundie women who want to take group photos and pretend they're being healthy because they're not eating Chik-Fil-A. Maybe Jill and Derick can open an Americanized Nepalese restaurant.

Though actually, tangent from my last point, a friend of mine from Texas spent a long time doing sociological research in India, and said that if he weren't going into academia, he'd go spend some more time in India, and then go to culinary school to develop a restaurant that served Indian food with a Texan twist, since he felt that the spice profiles could be very similar, and both cultures love a good barbecue (imagine Tandoori chicken with that Texas BBQ smokey flavor).

I like tacos, but I see too many photos of fundies at that restaurant that I feel sick of the word "taco".

Ugh. We may see double dates between JinJer and Benessa, and insufferable talk about marriage and Jesus and babies. Even worse, given Anna's kids' spacing, Anna may be pregnant in 2017 as I predict Jinger will be.

59 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Seeing "John David, Joseph, and Josiah think about courting." (Or whatever it said, paraphrasing) seems like Kim Jong Boob is having TLC put more pressure on them. 

Boob has to marry off a couple of boys, he's got 3 men of marring age and 2 more coming up this year, for the next 8 years he's only got 2 girls to marry off and he needs them at home to raise those younger kids.  I predict Joe and Si will marry next year, I know Boob wants JD to marry badly and be the prodigal son, but I think that role has been filled by Jessa.  He will wait before marrying of Joy, unless she gets too antsy and tries to get to "independent" with no sisters around within 8 years of her age.

I just realized when Jinger moves out they will almost have enough big girl beds for all 5 girls in that dorm. 

52 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Honestly, I'm waiting for Jinger and Jessa to move to texas and open up a thrift/second hand store with a "purpose" for Jill and Ben's missions.  It will be affiliated with jeremy's church which conveniently has Ben's recording studio in the basement.  Josh will do the printing and shitty web design on the DL from his carefully monitored bunker in Arkansas.

As long as they're not spamming social media with Plexus advertisements, that doesn't sound horrible.

On 26 July 2016 at 0:36 PM, karen77 said:

Well, after this, it's a boys turn, why are so many boys still at home????

The women are incredibly desirable. Sexy, hard working, skilled at all the boring jobs like cooking and cleaning, plus required to have sex whenever, wherever. Most men would jump at the chance, and those that wouldn't could peobably convince themselves that the women are secretly  intelligent and opinionated and then jump at the chance.

The boys, on the other hand are useless man-babies. What sane woman would choose to saddle herself with a man who can't even do his laundry, let alone feed himself? And, correct me if I'm wrong, none of them even have real professions or jobs? 

Since they love their tacos so much, methinks these fundies should be introduced to the concept of a proper Taco Tuesday! ;)

23 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

It's not my thing either. You don't have to call people assholes to fit in, you just have to not act shocked when other people do.

Exactly.  And for the record, I very rarely use the term to describe a fellow member.  I don't call anyone an asshole unless they behave like one.  Then all bets are off. :)

59 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Since they love their tacos so much, methinks these fundies should be introduced to the concept of a proper Taco Tuesday! ;)

Now that I know what I want for lunch, I can't wait.  But Instead of going to Taco John's I shall be hitting up Taco Truck.  Its couple of food trucks in our metro area that are run by real Mexican's from Mexico.  The one I go too the lady likes to pick on me for my hobbled Spanish. But she gives me extra hot sauce so I let her. :)

Question here on setting up the rules of engagement:  (And courting too) 

If the couple is constantly chaperoned and all conversations are held within hearing of the chaperone(s) and texts are also sent to the egg and/or sperm donor (come on - you really can't call them parents!)  then HOW CAN THEY COME UP WITH THEIR OWN RULES FOR WHAT THEY WANT without someone saying, No, consider the show and our product that we are selling  - your absolute purity? 

I think Binessa probably made their decision to not kiss at the alter when they had their meeting with the minister who was performing the ceremony because I believe that was the only chance they had to talk without another Duggar with them. 

18 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Question here on setting up the rules of engagement:  (And courting too) 

If the couple is constantly chaperoned and all conversations are held within hearing of the chaperone(s) and texts are also sent to the egg and/or sperm donor (come on - you really can't call them parents!)  then HOW CAN THEY COME UP WITH THEIR OWN RULES FOR WHAT THEY WANT without someone saying, No, consider the show and our product that we are selling  - your absolute purity? 

I think Binessa probably made their decision to not kiss at the alter when they had their meeting with the minister who was performing the ceremony because I believe that was the only chance they had to talk without another Duggar with them. 

Benessa has stated they had private phone conversations at some point during their courtship. They could very well have decided the no public kiss at that point too.

And silly @MoonFace! The whole point of chaperones is to prevent the courting couple from asserting independence by making their own rules - because independence obviously leads to temptation, which leads to ducking for Jesus (which is only ok if you're married.) The Duggars and Bateses claim they let the kids choose their own rules, but I doubt that very much. If anything, they likely give them very limited options to pick from - that way they aren't technically lying when they say the courting couple picks their own rules.

2 hours ago, August said:

The women are incredibly desirable. Sexy, barely know what hard work is (so husbands can just coast through life), barely passable at all the boring jobs like cooking and cleaning, plus required to have sex whenever, wherever. Some sad suckers would jump at the chance, and those that wouldn't would run in the opposite fucking direction because men aren't all fucking idiots who want undereducated bigot brides.

The boys, on the other hand, we really can't judge because we see even less of them than Boob and J'Chelle do. Which is saying something because they  barely pay any attention to any of those kids. But of them, some seem to be hardworking and some seem to have some skills as well. Still not a great catch for the average, modern thinking woman - but probably could make some poor, naive Fundie daughter happy enough for a bit of time.

Fixed some of that for you! :pb_lol:

10 hours ago, anne.stults said:

Sorry but I think Jana and John David will go down as the "old maids" of the group.  They have each other and for them that is enough.  I could be wrong.  Won't be my first time.  Just my opinion.

I also don't think they'll marry anytime soon, but I don't think it has anything to do with their closeness. I think it's more to do with having to raise their siblings and being old enough to remember the times before TV where they were skint, didn't have enough food to go around and Michelle was having her laundry meltdown.

To both of them marriage = babies and I see them both putting that off for as long as possible.

Did anyone else see the congratulations video from Jeremy's parents?  It gave me some hope that Jinger might actually be on her way to a more normal, happy life.

14 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I also don't think they'll marry anytime soon, but I don't think it has anything to do with their closeness. I think it's more to do with having to raise their siblings and being old enough to remember the times before TV where they were skint, didn't have enough food to go around and Michelle was having her laundry meltdown.

To both of them marriage = babies and I see them both putting that off for as long as possible.

Agreed. I don't think Jana and John are close at all. I think their parent's made sure of that.

I think you're right about raising siblings re: JD. It's not talked about as much as Jana, but JD was really expected to be a family handyman pretty young (and Joe was his little assistant as soon as he could be). Since that kind of work luckily seems to be something he enjoys, he probably never questioned it much, but even in the earlier episodes of "And Counting" he was expected to do a lot of work that Josh never was, because Josh was the "Golden Boy" so JD got to be the laborer.

Cleaning old houses and construction and plumbing and mechanics is hard labor. There's still a gender divide between Jana and JD since childcare is constant, and again JD seems to enjoy that type of work, but I truly think he was expected to be a "father figure" in the sense of all the "male" labor JB never wanted to do. And since JB and Josh are two peas in the pod, Josh got to be the Golden Boy righteous mouthpiece figure, and since JD's personality didn't suit that he was basically handed a hammer and told to build a house for his siblings.  

13 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

Did anyone else see the congratulations video from Jeremy's parents?  It gave me some hope that Jinger might actually be on her way to a more normal, happy life.

I thought Jill would have that, then Cathy turned out to be an anti choice leg humper. 

yeah Chuck Vuolo is not great

here's his sermons on Biblical masculinity and femininity from 2004 (when Jeremy would have been 16/17)

including titles as Biblical Masculinity Biologically Confirmed, and  Raising Masculine Boys, and Jesus Christ as our Example of Biblical Masculinity

Oh, and my favorite, his only one about woman after his intro sermon: Biblical Femininity Perverted by the Fall

He is a misogynist, his son is one too I have no doubt. Just like JB, just like Josh, just like everyone. It is a tenet of  these cults.

27 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

Got a link?

Boob has to marry off a couple of boys, he's got 3 men of marring age and 2 more coming up this year, for the next 8 years he's only got 2 girls to marry off and he needs them at home to raise those younger kids.  I predict Joe and Si will marry next year, I know Boob wants JD to marry badly and be the prodigal son, but I think that role has been filled by Jessa.  He will wait before marrying of Joy, unless she gets too antsy and tries to get to "independent" with no sisters around within 8 years of her age.

I just realized when Jinger moves out they will almost have enough big girl beds for all 5 girls in that dorm. 

I totally agree he has to start marrying off the boys soon - I think having that many adult men at home is going to start looking bad for the brand, plus nearly all of the boys are either at or past puberty age, right? That dorm room has to be shrinking quickly and probably smells like shit.

But I don't think JB really has to worry about keeping girls around to raise the younger ones anymore. The lost girls are old enough to be doing workbooks and computer learning, in addition to laundry of course. They're even old enough to be farmed out to their younger sisters/Sierra. Jana couldn't have been much older than Josie (almost 7) when she became a buddy. JB and Michelle are home free at this point.

If one kid gets married each year for the next 16 years starting with Jinger this year, Josie could be the last at 22.

Here's a video from March 2016 of a Chuck sermon where he mentions Jeremy has become a pastor. He uses this as a spring board to to start talking about the 6 things a congregation has a responsibility towards their pastor.

As you can imagine, it's long and tedious, but around 24 minutes is where you get to the good part about paying your pastor :)

He's been given God Devine Ego

5 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

I totally agree he has to start marrying off the boys soon - I think having that many adult men at home is going to start looking bad for the brand, plus nearly all of the boys are either at or past puberty age, right? That dorm room has to be shrinking quickly and probably smells like shit.

But I don't think JB really has to worry about keeping girls around to raise the younger ones anymore. The lost girls are old enough to be doing workbooks and computer learning, in addition to laundry of course. They're even old enough to be farmed out to their younger sisters/Sierra. Jana couldn't have been much older than Josie (almost 7) when she became a buddy. JB and Michelle are home free at this point.

If one kid gets married each year for the next 16 years starting with Jinger this year, Josie could be the last at 22.

The twins turn 18 in December. It'll be less than six years (about 5 years 5 months) when Jackson also turns 18 in May 2022. So yeah, JB's got a ton of sons about to "age out" soon :popcorn:

11 hours ago, anne.stults said:

Sorry but I think Jana and John David will go down as the "old maids" of the group.  They have each other and for them that is enough.  I could be wrong.  Won't be my first time.  Just my opinion.

I just had a flash from "The African Queen." Maybe Jana will find her Boogie someday? Yet again wishful thinking. O and I don't want anyone to die so John David just got separated in this case.

57 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

Just saw it.   Jeremy's mother wears PANTS!     

Oh, was I supposed to listen?    I was too busy oogling her legs in PANTS

30 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Got a link?

Here:

I actually had hope for Diana, but after watching this, she appears to be another Cathy Dillard Byrum: educated, acccomplished, pants-wearing, but in the end, oh so fundie. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived