IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

As someone who has gone through 4+ years of infertility and also loss (nothing compared to some), I feel the need to chime in. I think it's important for us to learn not to take everything so personally as if people are talking about us and our stories. Because they aren't. Some people who suffer from infertility can also be very sensitive to pregnancy and baby talk, and there is plenty of that going on.

People are speculating about the occupancy of Jessa's uterus on a snark board. Jessa, who has frequently made reference to using no birth control. So really, she could be pregnant any time. No one is body shaming her if we notice her face is fuller, as if the fullness is a bad thing (I happen to think she looked most beautiful when she was pregnant with Spurge). It's fair game.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also thought she looked great while pregnant with Spurgeon.  That's also a nice picture of her and Jana.  If she is pregnant I just hope this delivery is easier than Spurgeon's and she either goes to the hospital or gets a real midwife  

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

As someone who has gone through 4+ years of infertility and also loss (nothing compared to some), I feel the need to chime in. I think it's important for us to learn not to take everything so personally as if people are talking about us and our stories. Because they aren't. Some people who suffer from infertility can also be very sensitive to pregnancy and baby talk, and there is plenty of that going on.

<snip>

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story, and offer interweb hugs if you'd like them :hug:

I know others have mentioned this, but I think Jessa does things semi-intentionally. When she was pregnant with the Spurge we got a couple of tummy-blocking shots and loose clothes before the announcement. I can see her wearing clothes to hide her tummy just because she gets off a bit on the speculation and messing with the fans/haters. 

10 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Definitely in the Georgetown area!

Old Alexandria, Virginia has those brick sidewalks, as well.  I had a spectacular fall running down those sidewalks more than 10 years ago.  I landed in the middle of a side street.

12 hours ago, Purrl said:

No comment except that they look lovely in this photo. Does anyone know what city this is? 

All three look lovely. The scenery looks downright stunning though! I can only imagine how gorgeous that area must be in the fall. 

image.png

Courtesy of Bin's Instagram. Not sure whether I should be impressed he's still studying while juggling family and whatever job he has or concerned that none of those books are exclusively about public speaking.

Apparently Bryan Chapell's book tells pastors that every sermon needs a "Fallen Condition Focus," that is, it should point out how any given scripture passage shows us that we are eeeevil and unworthy, and then follow up with a But Jesus. So basically the same thing Bin already does in his "sermons".

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, MayMay1123 said:

I taught my husband, after a mistaken comment, you never ask if someone is pregnant, or worse, ask when she is due, unless you see a baby coming out of her vagina!  

I did one of those "mistaken comments" too.  But then there is the other side of this, where people are just begging you to make a comment.  One time on a plane I sat next to a pg woman, who the whole time was just rubbing her stomach over and over with this big smile.  Then a bunch of times she'd get up and go, excuse me, I have to use the restroom again.  You know how it is.  (again with the knowing smile.)   I didn't say anything because I didn't really want to talk to her, I was trying without success at the time and didn't want to deal with her attitude which seemed kind of smug. But she was dying for me to ask, I could tell.

On 8/20/2016 at 10:45 AM, Bad Wolf said:

Boring On. I like that. As for Jessa being pregnant, I'm hopeless at telling. I need the t shirt with the arrow and BABY on it to be sure.

Same. An acquaintance of mine had been pregnant for almost eight months and I was seeing her on a several-times-weekly basis, but I was still surprised when my friend told me the acquaintance was pregnant. Of course I noticed she'd thickened around the middle, but I figured she'd just been doing some stress eating and I didn't want to be judgy. ;)

16 hours ago, Purrl said:

No comment except that they look lovely in this photo. Does anyone know what city this is? 

This picture and an earlier comment (sorry I don't remember who made it) underlines Jessa's change in clothing choices. She usually wears tight tops, which makes me wonder what she's trying to hide under all of these loose clothes. :think: Last pregnancy, she was coy in her speech and dress until she announced, then she went back to wearing her close-fitting tshirts--a non-maternity pink football jersey comes to mind.

brb digging for old ig pics

16 hours ago, Purrl said:

It could be DC, it could be parts of Baltimore (Fells Point, especially), it could even be Gettysburg, but it reminds me of Philly. A lot of this area has that historic feel. 

15 hours ago, season of life said:

Jim Bob and Michelle, IIRC, were not seen a lot on Counting On. Now it's obvious TLC doesn't care about the backlash they get because JB and Michelle will make multiple appearances in regards to Jinger's courtship. This is 19 Kids and Counting all over again. Grr.

The shame of that (one of them,) is considering whether the younger kids are better off without the exposure, or potentially somewhat more normal because of the increased opportunities that come with it.

To me, each and every new pregnancy among the extreme fundies talked about on FJ is sad. Second generations are being propagated without any movement away from their toxic beliefs and organizations. I am not hopeful that there will not be third, fourth, and subsequent generations firmly entrenched in IBLP and other hateful churches and groups. Sorry to be such a debbie downer.

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

To me, each and every new pregnancy among the extreme fundies talked about on FJ is sad. Second generations are being propagated without any movement away from their toxic beliefs and organizations. I am not hopeful that there will not be third, fourth, and subsequent generations firmly entrenched in IBLP and other hateful churches and groups. Sorry to be such a debbie downer.

you aren't a debbie downer at all - you are truth telling 

I think they are only continuing on their toxic beliefs because they are truly scared not too. 

the vast amount jessa spends at TTH is just telling. 
Derick and Jill are a whole other story. 

not to mention they are selling their children like they were being sold. - and already Jessa has Spud playing for the camera 

One can hope the show truly ends by the time Josie gives birth 

5 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Apparently Bryan Chapell's book tells pastors that every sermon needs a "Fallen Condition Focus," that is, it should point out how any given scripture passage shows us that we are eeeevil and unworthy, and then follow up with a But Jesus. So basically the same thing Bin already does in his "sermons".

Well, we are evil and unworthy...

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Generations take money- they end when the easy, quick, large amounts of money dry up. Had Gil still been a tree cutter and JB a {fake State Rep.}, well whatever JB actually did before TLC came "courting", the next generation would have waited a lot longer to come to frutition.

Without media money, these folks could not afford to breed like rabbits.

They were in Fredricksburg, VA going to the bridal shop Jill went to. The original poster mentions it and other posts say why they were there 

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, nst said:

you aren't a debbie downer at all - you are truth telling 

I think they are only continuing on their toxic beliefs because they are truly scared not too. 

the vast amount jessa spends at TTH is just telling. 
Derick and Jill are a whole other story. 

not to mention they are selling their children like they were being sold. - and already Jessa has Spud playing for the camera 

One can hope the show truly ends by the time Josie gives birth 

This actually makes a lot of sense. I'm leaving for college at the end of the week and I'm terrified. I'm not leaving my lifestyle- only going 3 hours away. Even though I'm leaving my family, I'll still get to skype them and see them occassionally on weekends and holidays. 

To leave a lifestyle like a lot of people want the Duggars and other fundies to do- it'd be wayyyy scarier than just moving away. Honestly, if I was them I probably wouldn't want to either. 

Purchasing a dress... And yet Jinger says there's no wedding date. Hmmmmmmm........

Speculation train here:
They lied about not having a date and are planning something low key.

The dress wasn't for Jinger.

5 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Purchasing a dress... And yet Jinger says there's no wedding date. Hmmmmmmm........

Speculation train here:

something I read in the article leads me to believe -jeremy is all about control - and they are above and beyond more into God than Ben is. 

bridesmades dresses ? 

who was the dress for then ? 

there is a wedding date - they are just cagey and like to lie and build up suspension 

10 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Speculation train here:

My personal theory is that JD and Jana are both courting folks and are going to have plenty of awkward "The Twins Are Courting!" chats on Counting On. But maybe that's more JillRod's style, idk. I just hope there isn't a double wedding; I wouldn't put it past Jim Bob to entertain the idea. "Buy one save the difference," or whatever

I like your where you're going w/ your speculation, but I think it's for Jinger. Doesn't mean she has to buy one, I could see them milking the experience and then having to "pray on" a dress choice. Surprised they couldn't do this at a dress shop closer to home though.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived