IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

Jessa and Bin should name their second child

Selah (You know Jessa would do this). StonerDad. (Bin is always high). Snarky. SeeWePrayedAboutAdoption

She'll announce the pregnancy right around JinJer's wedding 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2016 at 11:46 AM, VelociRapture said:

You are correct. It's not polite to imply someone looks pregnant.

I really don't think the normal rules of pregnancy etiquette apply when someone is exploiting their childbearing for fame and money. Especially when the person is question was deliberately trying to start speculation with pregnancy # 1 (I'm referring to the heart over the stomach photo shoot Jessa did from February of last year.) 

This is a case of reaping what you sow. If the Duggars don't like the speculation then maybe they'll learn a lesson about pregnancy/fertility famewhoring. But who are we kidding, they love the speculation. 

7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Purchasing a dress for their one daughter?  Shouldn't the poster say one of their daughters because they sure as hell have more than one!

Someone asked where Jinger was. Well, she's in this one. Mechelle and Jessa are in the same outfits we saw them in  shots previously IDed as Fredricksburg. Jessa may not look the same, but the pic looks pretty over-exposed, making the shirt color (and her hair) look lighter. The timing also jives with other sightings of the family staying in DC last week (including pics from Derick). Not sure why the entire family had to go on a dress-buying expedition. Leave the guys at home, ffs! But, but but....TLC! 

13962736_10209567335117628_3987563416145449710_n.jpg

21 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I really don't think the normal rules of pregnancy etiquette apply when someone is exploiting their childbearing for fame and money. Especially when the person is question was deliberately trying to start speculation with pregnancy # 1 (I'm referring to the heart over the stomach photo shoot Jessa did from February of last year.) 

This is a case of reaping what you sow. If the Duggars don't like the speculation then maybe they'll learn a lesson about pregnancy/fertility famewhoring. But who are we kidding, they love the speculation. 

As I said in a follow up comment -

Speculating about potential pregnancy comes with the territory and they certainly make themselves easy targets. I fully get that and I'm not arguing against speculation in general (I don't really understand the need to speculate on this since they'll announce when they feel like it - but I'm not looking to have it banned or anything either.) 

But there is a very fine line between speculation and body shaming. Same with speculation regarding potential fertility issues or general medical conditions. All I'm saying is that posters simply need to proceed with caution. 

ETA: There are a lot of comments in this thread, so it's easy enough to miss follow up posts. Sorry if that first part seemed a bit brisk or rude!

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

But there is a very fine line between speculation and body shaming. Same with speculation regarding potential fertility issues or general medical conditions. All I'm saying is that posters simply need to proceed with caution. 

ETA: There are a lot of comments in this thread, so it's easy enough to miss follow up posts. Sorry if that first part seemed a bit brisk or rude!

No worries, I don't find your comment brisk or rude. 

I just disagree with it. There's no body shaming going on here. No one is saying Jessa looks fat. No one is saying she looks bad in any way. I think she looks fantastic. Fantastic and pregnant. 

Not to mention, she was almost in pre-baby shape when she and Ben did that ill-fated "workout" video, what 6-8 weeks ago? And pre-baby, it was strongly suggested that she had lost a few too many pounds before the wedding. Her jaw had never looked more prominent. In the workout video, she looked great. Now I see small changes: I see a fuller face and looser clothing being worn by someone who is extremely body-con. That makes me suspect she's hiding a pregnancy that TLC/People won't allow her to announce yet. 

That's not body shaming. I am positing a very real scenario based on the evidence given. 

All pictures gleaned from Dickles.  The dates are the day she uploaded them to her Facebook page, not the actual dates they were taken (some could be from two years ago for all I know).

May 4th 2016:

jessamay4th.png

June 19th 2016:

jessajune19th.jpg

June 29th 2016:

jessajune29th.jpg

July 27th 2016 (this picture was taken in NYC and appeared a day after Jinger's fudged engagement People photo shoot, a photo shoot that included that picture where Jessa's facial features really got the speculation train rolling)

jessajuly27th.jpg

August 18th 2016:

jessaaugust18th.jpg

August 20th 2016:

jessaaugust20th.jpg

She probably just has to take a massive dump ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

45 minutes ago, Ursula said:

All pictures gleaned from Dickles.  The dates are the day she uploaded them to her Facebook page, not the actual dates they were taken (some could be from two years ago for all I know).

(Snipped pictures by Destiny)

She probably just has to take a massive dump ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just the way the burgundy shirt is clinging to her undershirt......really makes me wonder.

28 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Not to mention, she was almost in pre-baby shape when she and Ben did that ill-fated "workout" video, what 6-8 weeks ago? And pre-baby, it was strongly suggested that she had lost a few too many pounds before the wedding. Her jaw had never looked more prominent. In the workout video, she looked great. Now I see small changes: I see a fuller face and looser clothing being worn by someone who is extremely body-con. That makes me suspect she's hiding a pregnancy that TLC/People won't allow her to announce yet. 

That's not body shaming. I am positing a very real scenario based on the evidence given. 

not to mention the fact the DF facebook is pushing Jinger endlessly because it's going to be HER season 

it's getting nauseating for people who don't like Jinger

I am on the bandwagon Jeremy proposed on a soundstage and sticking to it 

8 minutes ago, nst said:

I am on the bandwagon Jeremy proposed on a soundstage and sticking to it 

That's the first thing i thought - looks like a set.

Who ever got a dress it looked like one heck of a production. Side note, I didn't watch Jills but were two photographers, a caterer, nail salon, florist, and even planner involved?? Looking at all the vendors tagged etc. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reminder to everyone: please remember to do some snipping when quoting long, picture heavy posts. Our friends on mobile will greatly appreciate not having to scroll through pictures they've already seen for commentary. THANKS! :)

I hate pictures of engagement rings arranged on/near things - sitting on top of a flower, with the stem of a flower going through it, arranged in the middle of the bouquet. It's right up there with stupid newborn photos of a baby wrapped in cheesecloth. 

1 hour ago, Ursula said:

jessajune29th.jpg

Totally off topic, but I wore almost that exact outfit to work today.  :)  

What weird work out clothes...

On August 21, 2016 at 10:17 PM, eyerollsforjesus said:

Found the reference that they were there for dress shopping 

image.jpeg

OMG Jchelle has the blouse in blue instead of green!

Someone explain to me why the went to Virginia to look for a wedding dress. Don't they have nice dresses in Arkansas? I can see (kind of) if they did another episode of going to Kleinfeld's, because that is an iconic and famous place and it would be a filmed episode, but WTF go to Virginia to shop for a wedding dress when you live in Arkansas?

road trip, TLC adventure, boring dress shop for boring Jinger - endless nostalgia for Jill - which means FLASHBACKS 

the list goes on and on 

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

OMG Jchelle has the blouse in blue instead of green!

Someone explain to me why the went to Virginia to look for a wedding dress. Don't they have nice dresses in Arkansas? I can see (kind of) if they did another episode of going to Kleinfeld's, because that is an iconic and famous place and it would be a filmed episode, but WTF go to Virginia to shop for a wedding dress when you live in Arkansas?

I'm wondering the same thing. I have no idea what the VA connection is, but I suspect they're there for multiple reasons, and that the dress shopping is just one of those errands.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, because I very vaguely recall this -- but haven't they taken multiple trips out there the past year or so for non-JinJer related reasons? Could've sworn I'd heard that mentioned somewhere around FJ pre-engagement, but I tend to get details like that mixed up.

I think they're going to the one in VA because it's the shop where Jill got her dress. Which tells me that Jinger is going to get a Whore Dress and do some Frankenstein-style alterations to make it a Not-Whore Dress so we can see how godly the Duggar girls are, even though they could go to any number of bridal shops that cater to LDS, Pentecostal, Apostolic, Orthodox Jewish, and *le gasp* Muslim brides.

8 hours ago, patsymae said:

Don't Jeremy's family live in MD? Maybe where they live in MD is close to the VA bridal shop and Jeremy's mom came along on the dress shopping trip.

There it is, the Blessed Announcement.  Sigh.

Spurgie is only 9 months old... that is a really quick repeat, IMHO.  Thank goodness she has buddies to help... littles are a LOT of work.

Edited to add I hope she has real prenatal care and a real degreed medical professional at her birth....

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived