IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

My niece has 2 boys, 16 months apart and I recently saw them. Let's put it this way, she recently went back to work FT and was happy about it.  Chasing one, while nursing the other one....it's literally like a circus act. They are going to be really busy. Laziness will not work. Those poor J-Slaves had better find something better to do.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Yaoichan12 said:

Now that they've announced, wonder how long it will be until her baby bump 'blank weeks along' selfies start 

two days from now 

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My niece has 2 boys, 16 months apart and I recently saw them. Let's put it this way, she recently went back to work FT and was happy about it.  Chasing one, while nursing the other one....it's literally like a circus act. They are going to be really busy. Laziness will not work. Those poor J-Slaves had better find something better to do.

Jana and Joy better run off and get married quick, or they will be suck tending to Queen Jessa.  I wonder if Jill is seething in jealousy or thinking, NO FREAKING WAY.  Though if she did get pregnant now, they babies would be 2 years apart, that isn't unreasonable, my kids are 27 months apart and that was plenty close, my sisters were 18 months and she had a hell of a time.  

How do I always manage to forget that Spurgey looks like a mini JB? Every single time I see the kid he terrifies me.

I don't think it's twins.  If it was actually twins I bet they'd announce it and suck up every bit of attention possible for the whole pregnancy. I've seen "Doubling the love" several times for a second child. Likely trying to tease people with the possible twins though along with the "baby (or babies!!)" nonsense.

Sigh....why do second gen. fundies call consecutive pregnancies "surprises"? It's not a surprise when you don't use any form of birth control. I feel like it's their PR way of saying...."Oh no, we are pregnant again. Such a surprise! We promise we aren't REALLY trying to have 80 million children like our mother's did." :pb_rollseyes:

Well that was the most obvious thing ever, it was so visible on those recent pictures...

Now I really wonder how Ben will deal with two babies ? He already seems less than thrilled with the responsibilities of parenting one child.

Also I don't understand how they can keep harping on about adoption. Jessa obviously has her mother's fertility. She must know that it could be quite a few years before she has a 9 month old baby and isn't pregnant !

After Michelle stopped birth control, it took her until Josiah, and she got pregnant with him when Joseph was about 10 months. The next one after that was Jennifer, and Michelle seems to have got pregnant with her when Johannah was about 12-13 months old. Those were the only children she conceived when the previous child was more than 9 months old.

And the adoption process takes a while, several months, if not a year or more. It happens that families start the process, only to find that they are pregnant a few months in, and depending on where they are adopting from, that can push the adoption process back a whole year or more. Jessa would simply keep getting pregnant in the middle of the process, even if she is less fertile than her mother.

Either Jessa is lying, or she will have to wait until menopause (that's a long time to consider adoption and renew your home study...). Otherwise she is incredibly naive, and will eventually have to turn to abstinence (like that will happen in their cult), hardcore NFP, or birth control. If she sticks to her current philosophy adoption will simply never be an option for her.

Since Ben is a stay at home dad, and there are plenty of J slaves, I don't think Jessa will have the same laundry room breakdown as her mother. Josie is old enough to take care of herself, and Jenni can be a full time unpaid nanny.

Ben should have fun trying to study with two  crying Infants. I think this means they won't be following Jinger to Laredo for a while.

26 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

The whole doubling the love sign makes me think it is twins. They would know by now it its one or two babies if she is between 12-16 weeks along. Unless they don't know their homeschooling left out what doubling means than it could be just one baby. :) 

I mean, if they are being mathematically correct, they are currently a family of 3 so if they "double" the love, they're having triplets. I'd die, that'd be hilarious to watch.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Well, this will be the first Duggar  Spawn in 3 generations to have a Feb b-day!

have you been researching :D

ha I wonder who's more annoyed - jill, bc she clearly wants that second baby, or jessa, bc (personally) i don't think she wanted the second baby

WHAT?!? Having unprotected sex can lead to a baby?!?  

Seriously though, I think smuggar and zack and Whitney are the only ones to never claim one of their pregnancies was a surprise. Though I can (unfortunately) imagine m kid 5 to be a "surprise."

I think I finally figured out what Ben does for a living.

His job is to impregnate his wife. One, it proves he's a 'man'. Two, it provides income because TLC and People eat that shit up. Three, it keeps his in-laws happy because they know they made the right choice when they chose a dimwitted teenager as husband for their daughter; he definitely does what they need him to do.

Just now, Seren Ann said:

Dear god, please no more twin-baiting. I don't know why it irritates me so much, but it does.

I think their weird fetishization of twins is annoying, but I do think it would be funny to watch one of them deal with twins. It's a lot of work, lol, and I cannot even imagine it with a 14 month old toddler in addition!!!!

Wonder if they will name a girl Susannah after Charles  Spurgeons Wife. Or a boy Thomas after his son who was also a famous preacher.

@Seren AnnI think it's probably a bit too early to tell whether she has her mother's fertility or not. Jessa and Ben are both still relatively young - it could just be age or pure dumb luck to be honest. If they keep popping them out like this then that could indicate something because it would allude to a pattern.

@nstI'm due in mid-January and we conceived sometime around April 23. So they likely conceived between May and June. Since they waited until around 12 weeks to announce last time, I would assume she would be around 12 weeks now too. Count forward 28 weeks and you get a due date range of  February 14 through March 21.

(I calculated that based off full term being 37 weeks and giving them a full 42 weeks to get the kid out. 40 weeks exactly would put the due date around March 7, so I assume she's closer to 14 weeks along at this point.)

@allthegoodnamesrgone @picklepizzasWho knows how Jill feels right now. She could be jealous or upset or she could be legitimately happy for her sister or there could be a mix of emotions going on. Any of those could be pretty understandable to a certain extent. So long as she's nice about it in public and to her family that's what counts.

------

As for the news of Spurgeon the Second - for the love of God please let them decide to have a hospital birth this time. Jessa is a smug asshole at times, but she clearly loves her son and he deserves to have a healthy and happy mommy in his life. Last thing I want to see is something horrible happen due to preventable complications or a repeat of what she experienced last time.

Other than that, I just hope the baby is born healthy.

10 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

ha I wonder who's more annoyed - jill, bc she clearly wants that second baby, or jessa, bc (personally) i don't think she wanted the second baby

I'm not so sure.  I kind of get a vibe, at least from Derrick that he wants to keep the babies to a minimum. I can see them having 3 or 4 kids but not more than that.  What 4 kids is a big family it isn't out of the realm of normal. 

I see Ben being like MEchelle in 20 years just completely checked out of reality, Not sure if it is the loss of that last baby or the loss of her fertility but her vacant eyes have gone completely dead since the girls were getting married. 

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Wonder if they will name a girl Susannah after Charles  Spurgeons Wife. Or a boy Thomas after his son who was also a famous preacher.

As long as they don't name a girl Mrs. Spurgeon, I'm not sure what would be worse. But I'm sure they will figure something out to make us go, UGH! 

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I see Ben being like MEchelle in 20 years just completely checked out of reality

Did Ben start checked in to reality though??

1 minute ago, nst said:

so tonight when Jessa spouts about adoption 

everyone take a shot 

we will be drunk by the time it's over 

Shit, I got to go buy more booze, I only have 1 bottle of wine at home. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived