IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

I also think they have a date, they've been engaged a month already.  Didn't Jill get her dress in DC?  Wonder if it's the same shop

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speculation: that dress is for Jana.

Alternatively: they haven't set a date, but it's not unreasonable for a Duggar daughter to buy a dress when engaged.

Or it's for Joy.

Or they're lying

1 hour ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

Found the reference that they were there for dress shopping 

image.jpeg

Michelle looks really good here, I dunno what something about this photo is striking to me. 

3 minutes ago, habert said:

Michelle looks really good here, I dunno what something about this photo is striking to me. 

No bug eyes!

It's for Joy and Lawsons surprise wedding we didnt see coming 

18 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

As someone who has gone through 4+ years of infertility and also loss (nothing compared to some), I feel the need to chime in. I think it's important for us to learn not to take everything so personally as if people are talking about us and our stories. Because they aren't. Some people who suffer from infertility can also be very sensitive to pregnancy and baby talk, and there is plenty of that going on.

I am so glad you can distance yourself from your infertility and loss.  Bully for you.

I think it is also important to show compassion to those who are still sensitive about infertility and loss.  Oddly enough compassion has historically been a hallmark of Free Jinger towards its members.  Yes we have had our ups and downs - but it is a defining feature.

We are a community  and some of us are willing to listen and support those in need.  So I very much hope people will continue to share their stories here and receive support.

If you don't want to read their stories - use your ignore feature and desist from telling people not to be so sensitive.  We are not merely a "snark board."  

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

We are not merely a "snark board."

Thanks for this!

I am so glad there is more to this community than just snark :)  Yeah, we can dish it out -  but we also have a community of diverse, amazing people who care about other members.

This is complete speculation, however, I have this feeling that they may have a date set, but it might not be as soon as we think.

Maybe the Duggars / PR People / TLC are telling them to wait it out until the current season of Counting On has occurred.

That way they will definitely get a third season, leg humpers will want to see that wedding.

9 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Purchasing a dress... And yet Jinger says there's no wedding date. Hmmmmmmm........

Speculation train here:
They lied about not having a date and are planning something low key.

The dress wasn't for Jinger.

It's possible. I also bought my dress before we had a date set though. So it's also possible that they were honest about not having a specific date (maybe a year and season.)

But yeah. It's a bit odd considering the family and the show. Anything is possible.

7 hours ago, Purrl said:

Funny that we've seen Jessa, Jana & Michelle in photos but where's Jinger?

praying with Jeremy 24/7 according to the article 

They got Jessa's wedding dress in DC, didn't they? Maybe they were there looking for Jinger's.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

It's possible. I also bought my dress before we had a date set though. So it's also possible that they were honest about not having a specific date (maybe a year and season.)

ITA. I know several people who purchased a dress before setting a date.  I'm not sure buying a dress is a sign of lying. 

45 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

They got Jessa's wedding dress in DC, didn't they? Maybe they were there looking for Jinger's.

Close. They bought Jill's dress somewhere in the DC area - possibly so Anna could attend because they were still living there (the good ol' days before Joshley ruined everything for everyone named Duggar.)

Jessa got her dress at a store in Arkansas I believe.

11 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

Found the reference that they were there for dress shopping 

image.jpeg

Purchasing a dress for their one daughter?  Shouldn't the poster say one of their daughters because they sure as hell have more than one!

22 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Purchasing a dress for their one daughter?  Shouldn't the poster say one of their daughters because they sure as hell have more than one!

I noticed that too. I choose to interpret it as "their one (particular) daughter (who just got engaged)." I've seen "one" used in that way a few times.

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I am so glad you can distance yourself from your infertility and loss.  Bully for you.

I think it is also important to show compassion to those who are still sensitive about infertility and loss.  Oddly enough compassion has historically been a hallmark of Free Jinger towards its members.  Yes we have had our ups and downs - but it is a defining feature.

We are a community  and some of us are willing to listen and support those in need.  So I very much hope people will continue to share their stories here and receive support.

If you don't want to read their stories - use your ignore feature and desist from telling people not to be so sensitive.  We are not merely a "snark board."  

Thank you for saying this more eloquently than I ever could. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Well, it settles the question about Jinger getting her own dress.

On the grammatical question - perhaps the person who posted the photo was confusing Michelle with Cathy Arndt!  The Arndts were on Tee Vee too.  :penguin-wink:

13 hours ago, habert said:

No green shirt!

16 hours ago, mizandry said:

My personal theory is that JD and Jana are both courting folks and are going to have plenty of awkward "The Twins Are Courting!" chats on Counting On.

I'm sure Jim Bob and Michelle would do anything in their power to arrange something as a camera-friendly as that idea. That said, I think the dress is still for Jinger's wedding. I'm guessing Jana is either there for support or to buy her own bridesmaid dress. Plus, every time Jana is photographed doing something courting/wedding-related, there's more spec about her marriage prospects and that's got to drive ratings to some extent. Because at this point, that's what the remaining fans want -- everyone to be nicely married off and starting their own oversized families, because it reaffirms what a lovely family the Duggars are and how their faith got them through difficult times or whatever. :pb_rollseyes:

My ex boyfriend's wife bought her dress when she didn't even have a man on the horizon. 

So, Jinger might or might not have a date set. If she wants to keep things more low-key, I think that's great. Jill and Jessa's weddings were both circuses. It might be nice to have a classier, less Sierra-y occasion.

I know it was totally staged, but there was this episode on 19KaC where they went to a bridal store so Jill could try on dresses even though she and Derick had only been courting for three months and weren't even engaged yet. The store owner/saleslady had a pretty funny look on her face when she found out Jill was not only not yet engaged, but that she'd only been with the guy for three whole months. :D I think Ben and Jessa had been courting for maybe six months at that point and Jessa refused to try on a wedding dress before she was engaged. Anyway, knowing this about the Duggars, I think it's very well within the realm of possibility for them to go dress shopping without setting a date first. Or maybe they've set a date and they just aren't telling us. Who knows.

5 hours ago, halcionne said:

I noticed that too. I choose to interpret it as "their one (particular) daughter (who just got engaged)." I've seen "one" used in that way a few times.

Yeah, this might be a dialect thing. My mom would totally say "Michelle Duggar's one daughter got engaged" and mean that one of her daughters got engaged. I use this phrasing sometimes too. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived