IGNORED

Lesbian Grows Hair Out and Marries a Guy-Emily Thomes

DomWackTroll

3 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Emily stated a while ago that she's taking a social media break "for a season". I think that may be a good thing. (Has anyone mentioned yet that she's Facebook friends with Ben Seewald?)

She "and her baby" are taking a break, which is hilarious.

• Upvote 6

On 6.9.2017 at 6:34 PM, Stormy said:

Emily stated a while ago that she's taking a social media break "for a season". I think that may be a good thing. (Has anyone mentioned yet that she's Facebook friends with Ben Seewald?)

good find!!!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Emily's latest pregnancy update is that she's having a girl, named for her Nene (grandmother?) who was "saved" in the same manner just a few years before her death.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I really wonder what's going to happen to her with a baby in the picture. She made such a sudden and dramatic lifestyle change, seems to have rushed into marriage and family just to prove that she was a perfect convert. But I'm not sure she has the energy to keep up with this hardcore fire-and-brimstone act. What happens if she starts rethinking her choices? Or will a baby keep her tied to the path she's on now?

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I really wonder what's going to happen to her with a baby in the picture. She made such a sudden and dramatic lifestyle change, seems to have rushed into marriage and family just to prove that she was a perfect convert. But I'm not sure she has the energy to keep up with this hardcore fire-and-brimstone act. What happens if she starts rethinking her choices? Or will a baby keep her tied to the path she's on now?

She is the over the top convert. To use evangelical speak, she is "on fire". Trouble is that no one can maintain that energy level/emotional state forever. Something will bring her down and things might unravel then. And I agree that the lifestyle change of a baby may be too much. The hormonal changes with pregnancy and birth could do a number on her and she has shown that she lacks patience and perseverance with the whole dog training thing. If you don't have the patience to train a dog, I'm not sure how you're going to parent. Plus, you can't just go on Facebook and find a new home for the baby. Throw in that he is all of 21 years old...I've thought since I first saw her story that this has the potential to all end very badly. 

I really hope that no one gets hurt too badly when she unravels. Especially not the baby girl. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

Does anybody have a proper timeline of Emily's 'transformation'? From what I can gather from Facebook, she and her husband had been dating/engaged for less than a year before they tied the knot, and the only reason her daughter's come a whole year-and-a-half later is because of Emily's previous miscarriage.

It looks to me that Emily latched onto wherever she could find support, because she clearly wasn't getting it as a lesbian. I wish we knew more about her husband to know if he's at least a good guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

Does anybody have a proper timeline of Emily's 'transformation'? From what I can gather from Facebook, she and her husband had been dating/engaged for less than a year before they tied the knot, and the only reason her daughter's come a whole year-and-a-half later is because of Emily's previous miscarriage.

It looks to me that Emily latched onto wherever she could find support, because she clearly wasn't getting it as a lesbian. I wish we knew more about her husband to know if he's at least a good guy.

From what I've seen on her Facebook, he's kind of an idiot. He is also very young--younger than her and barely 20 when they got married. (No issue with the man being younger--my husband is more years younger than me than this kid is younger than Emily, but he wasn't barely 20 when we got married). There was a charming post from their honeymoon of the letter he left for the housekeeping staff in the hotel which told them all about how they are going to hell and need Jesus--so he's the type that makes assumptions about people he's never laid eyes on. 

She dated someone else after her conversion and prior to meeting him as well. So she was definitely looking for a man right away--maybe as proof of her complete transformation, I don't know. And they had been married several months (I want to say 7-8) when she put up a post all about how it was the one year anniversary of their first date/meeting each other. So it was definitely a very quick deal. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, louisa05 said:

There was a charming post from their honeymoon of the letter he left for the housekeeping staff in the hotel which told them all about how they are going to hell and need Jesus--so he's the type that makes assumptions about people he's never laid eyes on. 

Wait, what?  This is such a horrible thing to do, who even thinks it's a good idea???

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 3

14 hours ago, louisa05 said:

From what I've seen on her Facebook, he's kind of an idiot. He is also very young--younger than her and barely 20 when they got married. (No issue with the man being younger--my husband is more years younger than me than this kid is younger than Emily, but he wasn't barely 20 when we got married). There was a charming post from their honeymoon of the letter he left for the housekeeping staff in the hotel which told them all about how they are going to hell and need Jesus--so he's the type that makes assumptions about people he's never laid eyes on. 

I've done a stint cleaning motel rooms before.  I've never had anyone leave a note like that for me, but if they had, all I'd have done was show it to the rest of the staff and then cleaned the room as required.  I wouldn't have been troubled with thoughts of my afterlife or sought out the letterwriter for further information on the state of my eternal soul.  I'd have thought "What a putz" and gone on with my life, especially if the putz in question was a whole 20 years old, because we all know that all 20 year olds know much more about life and (apparently) the afterlife than anyone else.

Now if you want to get yourself the subject of curiosity and attention, leave your sex toys out for the housekeeping staff to see.

When I was housekeeping, I missed the two women who left the second queen sized bed in their room covered with carefully laid out sex toys.  Apparently the first housekeeper to enter took a good look and asked another housekeeper to 'help' her do the room.  They had a good time trying to figure out what some of the items were.  (As the bed in question hadn't been slept in and the items on it were obviously the personal property of the guests, the staff couldn't touch them, but that didn't stop them from looking at them.)  For the next 20 minutes, housekeepers from all over the building were dropping in to see if 'help' was needed.  I hear the talk at lunch time was spirited as the staff discussed all the toys and clued each other in on how they were intended to be used.

My youngest spent a summer in high school cleaning rooms and said that there was one man who was a permanent guest.  She always hoped she'd get tasked to clean his room, as the man liked role playing and often the costumes and props he and his partners used were left lying about the room.  Sadly, the only time she got to clean that room, the most interesting thing she saw was a half eaten pizza and a couple of cans of beer.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

Another thing with Emily's "testimony" about living the "sinful, lesbian lifestyle" that bothers me is how she and many others like to pretend only gay people go clubbing, do drugs or drink too much alcohol. The straight people I know party just as hard! Yes, we (the gay/queer people) do have a higher percent of alcoholism and addiction because of the shit we have to put up with from society, but there's still not one, single "gay lifestyle" (except dating people of your own gender ;)). Some of us party hard, some of us don't. Some will have kids, some won't. I'm a college student and everywhere I look I see wasted people of all sexualities :P I'm acctually living a pretty "lame" life myself compared to them, I don't drink much alcohol, has never done drugs, don't have the energy to party more than once a month or every two months. I live in a long-term relationship and prefer staying at home watching Netflix over going out and socializing xD

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/leah.johnson.121

I think there was a subject about her before, but I can't find it. I know we talked about her a little. Good heavens, I don't think I've ever disliked someone so much while also feeling so intensely sorry for them. She's clearly absolutely miserable, but she's also aggressively unpleasant at like every second.

It seems she's faced a lot of racism from people in her faith and she's very hurt and upset about that, and rightfully so. But instead of recognizing that as a problem that is inherent to her incredibly restrictive, bigoted, and isolating faith, she just adds that to her long, long list of things to lecture about. Which likely just isolates her even more from many other white members of her faith (as wrong as that obviously is).

I've been following her off and on for quite a while now. I think I first found her on the FB page of that "ex-gay" woman, Emily Thomas. If she posted the horrible, mean things she constantly posts, but interspersed with shots of a supposedly happy life with her spouse and kids like so many fundies do, I just wouldn't be able to stand her. The thing is, she has no spouse or kids even though it's clear she desperately wants them, and I don't think she has a lot of prospects or close relatives or friends either, so she really just makes me sad. She took a long break from social media until pretty recently and alluded to some serious mental health issues, but not getting any real treatment for them. She looks really unhappy even in the couple "smiling" pictures she posts. I know major depression from personal experience, and this woman just makes me sad. But she'd also snatch away from us many of the rights we hold sacred in a second, with an unconvincing-but-taunting smile, if she had the chance (although she doesn't think she SHOULD have the chance anyway, because women shouldn't have any power, of course...).

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's on youtube too and got nearly 20000 views which is a lot for these type of videos!

She sounds like she is struggling every day still, why?

Also, the thumbnail and intro look like she turned around again when she did not! This is weird and effed up

• Upvote 2

On 1/19/2018 at 2:03 AM, eveandadam said:

It's on youtube too and got nearly 20000 views which is a lot for these type of videos!

She sounds like she is struggling every day still, why?

Also, the thumbnail and intro look like she turned around again when she did not! This is weird and effed up

Probably done on purpose as a bait and switch so people looking for LGBT positive coming out stories will instead be exposed to an ex-gay testimonial.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know you can't really draw an accurate picture of someone's life just judging their social media, but Emily seems isolated. She's surrounded herself with people whom she feels she has to prove something to; most of her friends seem to fill more of a mentor or motherly role than as an "equal", so to speak, even the ones close to her age. I know Emily is partly to blame since her vigilant proselytizing has alienated some people she was once close to, but the fact that she's mostly (only?) associating with people who are reinforcing her self-loathing can't be helping (including her own mother, if a recent post is anything to go by).

She apparently just had her baby shower (her daughter, Dorothy, is due in late March), accompanied by a few weird pictures of her looking mildly uncomfortable with her mom and a friend. I'm probably looking too much into it, but something's even more "of"f than usual. I'd imagine she'd be posing with her gift haul and holding up pink baby clothes or something; I know not everyone's social media behavior is the same (and she was actually just tagged in those photos, IIRC) and that she's had a difficult pregnancy, but you'd think someone who's trying to perpetuate that she's so happy and fulfilled would at least get into it a little. Going back to the fact that Emily puts too much energy into her persona, I honestly think she didn't have any left to even get excited for her baby.

• Upvote 4

I know you can't really draw an accurate picture of someone's life just judging their social media, but Emily seems isolated. She's surrounded herself with people whom she feels she has to prove something to; most of her friends seem to fill more of a mentor or motherly role than as an "equal", so to speak, even the ones close to her age. I know Emily is partly to blame since her vigilant proselytizing has alienated some people she was once close to, but the fact that she's mostly (only?) associating with people who are reinforcing her self-loathing can't be helping (including her own mother, if a recent post is anything to go by).
She apparently just had her baby shower (her daughter, Dorothy, is due in late March), accompanied by a few weird pictures of her looking mildly uncomfortable with her mom and a friend. I'm probably looking too much into it, but something's even more "of"f than usual. I'd imagine she'd be posing with her gift haul and holding up pink baby clothes or something; I know not everyone's social media behavior is the same (and she was actually just tagged in those photos, IIRC) and that she's had a difficult pregnancy, but you'd think someone who's trying to perpetuate that she's so happy and fulfilled would at least get into it a little. Going back to the fact that Emily puts too much energy into her persona, I honestly think she didn't have any left to even get excited for her baby.

The baby is just more proof of her real conversion.

I wonder how pregnancy hormones are affecting her?

The thing I see about her is that she has found the perfect out I’m reformed theology. Basking in your own “sinfulness “ is part of the deal. Self loathing proves your holiness. So it maybe harder for her to ever break away from it.
  • Upvote 6

I'd usually say that you can't tell too much about a person from one photo... but this is the woman who became famous because one time she didn't smile in a photo, thus proving that lesbianism is a satanic cult.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I'd usually say that you can't tell too much about a person from one photo... but this is the woman who became famous because one time she didn't smile in a photo, thus proving that lesbianism is a satanic cult.

Not smiling in a photo makes you Satanic?

Then I'm pretty sure Hell no longer has its SuperSatan because I've been doing everything but not smiling in photos since existing! (Forced smiles don't count.)

• Upvote 3

I'm not a prophet, but this facade will fall down sooner than later. I just hope it happens in a way Josh Weed's mixed sexuality marriage ended and nothing dramatic or tragic happens. 
Meanwhile - I'm sorry for every queer person having to deal with her being hold up as some sort of example to follow. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I'm not a prophet, but this facade will fall down sooner than later. I just hope it happens in a way Josh Weed's mixed sexuality marriage ended and nothing dramatic or tragic happens. 
Meanwhile - I'm sorry for every queer person having to deal with her being hold up as some sort of example to follow. 

She really needs someone to talk to who is not part of the "show". Some neutral outside person. But with a new baby, I fear, she won't have time to think about anything but the baby in the next couple of months/years.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11 February 2018 at 6:36 PM, AlwaysExcited said:

I remember reading about Josh Weed (this may have been early 2000's) when he publicly announced to everyone that he was gay but he was going to marry a woman and not act on his urges. This coincided with me being in university, exploring an environment that was much more diverse and sometimes scarier than the Catholic school I was taught in, where I was finally able to fully be myself, rather than just affix a label to my school uniform and have girls recoil. There were times where I felt unsafe and others where I felt literally like a giant. I still was awkward around women but I also got to date women who thought that was more cute than annoying.

Josh Weed didn't get to do that. There was no exploration of his sexuality or happy moments when he kissed someone he found cute or sweet. His religion told him that there was something wrong with him and then went one step further by encouraging him to marry a woman in an effort to mask his feelings. Everyone seemed happy to encourage this, to waste two adult lives that could have otherwise been fulfilled by other people, to bring four children into the world who have parents that love them but are living a lie ... At the time I couldn't make sense of this. Teachers at my school would have said that it was Josh's choice to live as he wanted to, and that I wasn't in any position to judge, and as long as the person making the choice was happy ... but this didn't seem right. At university I had became obsessed with religious ex-gay groups like Exodus and read through pages of testimonials; people like the Paulks falling over themselves trying to explain that being gay was something they could shuck off like their clothes. Confusing sexuality with rigid gender identity. Blaming sexual assault, bullying, mum and dad, literally anything on why they had thoughts and desires for same sex people. Reading these, then reading Josh's story, it felt like he was trying to heavily control a narrative. Whether it was for the Church or for his sake, I don't know. Josh wanted his marriage to be an example to other Mormons who were LGBTQ+ and that disturbed me beyond belief. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and I wondered whether he would stay happy. Turns out not so much. I honestly wish things could have been different for them all and while I appreciate that Josh has apologised for providing the wrong kind of role model for what is a vulnerable group, the damage has been done, for his family and others.

Thinking about it now, did Josh make the decision to come out fully after the Mormon church made the ruling on children of gay parents not being able to be full members? The elders would have known about Josh and his family situation and this seems the height of cruelty to me. Would they have considered Josh still gay even if he was married with children if he still had those sexual feelings for the same sex? I've talked to friends who were previously in the church and they see this ruling as evil and polarising.

Anyway, please excuse the essay - I wasn't lying when I said I was obsessed (slightly). Religious organisations have a lot to answer for.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

17 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

Anyway, please excuse the essay - I wasn't lying when I said I was obsessed (slightly). Religious organisations have a lot to answer for.

I understand. I'm a bisexual who managed to develop a religious-related anxiety without being involved in any religion (my family attended church till I was five or six, but that doesn't really count). For some reason I never had a problem with other people being queer (I have always considered myself an ally), but myself... Well, that got to a point where I couldn't physically enter a church building without getting a panic attack. 
I guess I was lucky that I never met an "ex-gay" in my teen years and that my family wasn't part of any church, because religious leaders of my country are outspoken homophobes and used to be respected even by non-religious people (not so much anymore; they have fucked up a lot in past few years). It was already hard enough and I want nothing to do with their churches.
But I still watch them and their activities, not obsessively, but frequently. It's like I can't look away. I need to know what they are up to. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3