IGNORED

Lesbian Grows Hair Out and Marries a Guy-Emily Thomes

DomWackTroll

On 2/11/2018 at 3:50 AM, eveandadam said:

She really needs someone to talk to who is not part of the "show". Some neutral outside person. But with a new baby, I fear, she won't have time to think about anything but the baby in the next couple of months/years.

Judging by her most recent posts about the evils of birth control, I think the "inside" might be more complex and dangerous than just gay conversion stuff. I imagine Emily got roped with how she felt about her sexuality, but she's now adopting the more extreme ideologies in an effort to mold herself after the people she's leaning on and looking up to. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else picks out her clothes (I mean...look at her).

But in all seriousness, I'm really terrified for her; regarding the baby, I'm not worried that motherhood will be the only thing she can focus on, but that her lack of spiritual, mental, and even physical independence will impede her ability to properly care for her child. I really hope I'm wrong, but her mentality is going to lead her to second-guess her every parenting move and that she could potentially leave Dorothy's fate to whatever her creepy church friends think is best.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

But @Stormy what do you mean by saying: 

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else picks out her clothes (I mean...look at her).

:D She looks perfectly normal to me. Some of her clothes look like hand-me-downs, but maybe she's just not that into fashion. I think she looks okay. Some of the dresses she wears are really cute. Too bad that she cut her hair though, The short hair makes her younger. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2018 at 4:54 AM, L1o2u3 said:

But @Stormy what do you mean by saying: 

:D She looks perfectly normal to me. Some of her clothes look like hand-me-downs, but maybe she's just not that into fashion. I think she looks okay. Some of the dresses she wears are really cute. Too bad that she cut her hair though, The short hair makes her younger. 

I didn't mean to say she didn't look normal! :( Technically, she looks fine; her current style is just quite a bit different than how she used to dress before her big conversion. That's what makes me think someone dressed her (or at least influenced her style). It looks like she's trying to fit in with and impress her new church friends.

Also: has anyone here seen that selfie that Emily just posted of her and her mom before they became more Christian-y Christians? Apparently, she and her mom went on that journey together; she has also mentioned before that her grandma did so too in the years before she died, and that Dorothy is named after her.

Did one of them start changing and then influenced the other two? It makes sense for Emily and the conflicted feelings she had about her sexuality, but what could have prompted the mom and grandma to adopt such a rigid, self-punishing version of their faith?

• Upvote 3

Okay, I get you @Stormy:) I thought you meant that the way she dressed looked odd or that it isn't appropriate for her age and too old fashioned so that's why I asked :) 

Idk, maybe her mom was like, "what did I do wrong to get an LGBT child?" and felt like she had failed her child and had some guilt on her own that she hoped would go away then? Or, I don't know, have we ever heard about her dad? Emily's maiden name was Satterfield I think and also her brother's name is Satterfield, but the mom is Mitchell now and her husband as well. So she could be divorced and remarried or maybe wasn't married to Emily's dad and that's why she felt guilt. Pure speculation though. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2018 at 1:22 PM, eveandadam said:

any news on her lately?

Nothing too riveting, aside from an uptick in anti-abortion posts. Dorothy seems to be keeping her busy. I will say that the trend in her feed is more relaxed than usual (for her).

• Love 2

• 4 months later...

https://resistingthewinds.com/2018/12/03/john-the-baptist-on-the-ellen-degeneres-show/?fbclid=IwAR1G_QpbAJuMkvHeZqOR7oJvDy-l1b0K5qKiHy-2gA0tY2aWKaQfQeN1hQI

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1528830076#!/sharer.php?fs=0&sid=10217349884448955&_ft_=mf_story_key.10217349884488956%3Atop_level_post_id.10217349884488956%3Atl_objid.10217349884488956%3Acontent_owner_id_new.1528830076%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10217349884488956%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_attachment_style.share%3Athid.1528830076%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1546329599%3A-7880491877856373255&__tn__=J%2AW-R

Emily posted this article a while back about Lauren Daigle on the Ellen show.

It includes a quote from a sermon by Douglas wilson, which I'll try to screenshot and share. Is this the same Doug Wilson from VF? If so, not exactly the person who should be quoted on sexual immorality according to the bible.

It constantly amazes me that evangelicals and secularists have completely different definitions of what constitutes a living action. Emily's feed is full of references to scrubbing at sin, calling out sin, and have it letting others 'live in sin'. What an exhausting lifestyle.

"The world will not be content with us until we join the crowd outside of Lot's house. It doesn't matter how compromised we are inside Lot's house, as long as we're in the house, they will demand what they demand." -Douglas Wilson

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Don't confuse Doug Wilson (Christ Church,  Moscow, Idaho) with Doug Phillips, Esq. of the late Vision Forum.  They were fellow travelers at one time, but Doug Wilson is a viciously horrible, very influential, truly Machiavellian, misogynist patriarchal ass who has accomplished horrible things, created horrible institutions and is actively ruining people's lives as I write. 

I know, I know, I should tell you how I really feel, but truly, he is awful and has damaged a lot of people with his ideas. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

I know, I know, I should tell you how I really feel, but truly, he is awful and has damaged a lot of people with his ideas. 

Yeah, Doug Wilson is absolutely, steadfastly opposed to "sexual immorality" when the gays are doing it, but someone close to him molests a child and he'll defend them with his dying breath.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

Don't confuse Doug Wilson (Christ Church,  Moscow, Idaho) with Doug Phillips, Esq. of the late Vision Forum.  They were fellow travelers at one time, but Doug Wilson is a viciously horrible, very influential, truly Machiavellian, misogynist patriarchal ass who has accomplished horrible things, created horrible institutions and is actively ruining people's lives as I write. 

Thank you for the correction. I'm going to look him up when I have time.
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

So Emily has made most of her Facebook private. But no fear...she has a website including a blog. 

Enjoy: 

http://emilythomes.com/

The transcript of her talk at a conference recently is interesting. She was punished for her homosexuality by her father and step-mother and basically kicked out of their home. She also was only a few months from a break up with a woman she thought she would marry and spend the rest of her life with when her great conversion happened. I feel like those two facts shed a lot of light on her situation. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 8

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

So Emily has made most of her Facebook private. But no fear...she has a website including a blog. 

Enjoy: 

http://emilythomes.com/

The transcript of her talk at a conference recently is interesting. She was punished for her homosexuality by her father and step-mother and basically kicked out of their home. She also was only a few months from a break up with a woman she thought she would marry and spend the rest of her life with when her great conversion happened. I feel like those two facts shed a lot of light on her situation. 

McAfee said it was a suspicious site!   ?.

• Haha 2

Moved the thread in Quiver full of Snark, hoping it will help people to locate it more easily.

• Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I saw on Twitter she did a catty post about RHE's death and I think she went private after the blow back. What a jerk.

• I Agree 6

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

IMG_1040.JPG

She tagged RHE.  So her family could read that mess when she had just passed.  Miss Emily locked down her Twitter.  Because precious sweet sweet Emily can't take the persecution.  ??

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 9

Does anyone know why she locked down her Facebook and defriended heaps of people? From reading between the lines it sounds like someone brought her daughter into it?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s just throwing logs onto the fire and it’s not true, and yes I know I’m way too nosy.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, adidas said:

Does anyone know why she locked down her Facebook and defriended heaps of people? From reading between the lines it sounds like someone brought her daughter into it?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s just throwing logs onto the fire and it’s not true, and yes I know I’m way too nosy.

I think it was the massive pushback about her RHE post. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, EowynW said:

She's in training to be a "biblical counselor" now. 

? That will end well.  It is all online training. Gee that motivates me to go to a "biblical counselor ". Not 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1