IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

31 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm not Christian so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it like a principle of life to do good on to others and not request something in return. Like all those soup kitchens and nun charities. Maybe I'm missing something with all these missionaries. Doctors Without Borders don't ask for anything in return. The church in my neighborhood always has some bake sale or another. Come to think of it the 12 Step Program is religion based, forgiveness, charity, clarity of the mind. Jill and Derick if they were a little smarter would and should be embarrassed. 

You are correct!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

In some countries (Israel, for instance)  it's illegal to proselytize anyone under the age of 18.  When his kid is older, I wonder how Derick would react if someone tried to convert him to Islam or Scientology and whisk him away to go to services.

Because Islam is cult? Sorry that struck a nerve. Muslims don't go about actively recruiting people to change religions, bribing children with personal hygiene products, and whisking them off to mosque on Friday. 

23 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

Because Islam is cult? Sorry that struck a nerve. Muslims don't go about actively recruiting people to change religions, bribing children with personal hygiene products, and whisking them off to mosque on Friday. 

Many forms of islam (in many countries) not only recruit but force conversions:

https://goo.gl/pKwsMp

So...new Insta post shows Jill holding a newborn Hispanic baby while Israel (in Fundie Hippie Jesus Derick's arms) looks at the (very cute) newborn with a big "WTF" look. Please let her just be posing with the product of a birth she attended and didn't cock up. On the bright side, she's looking much better (much less strained, much happier looking smile), and the Fundie Hippie Jesus look, once he commits to it, kinda suits Derick in a weird way.

Just now, nastyhobbitses said:

Fundie Hippie Jesus Derick

Thanks for the new nickname. LOL!

I agree with just about everything that has already been said. Did anybody notice that he made sure to include that his mom sent them down some outlet covers? At least Cathy is looking out for Israel.

Maybe Derrick requested them b/c they didn't have them down there. Why do people assume they are not looking after Izzy? That's just wrong to spread that.

Maybe Jill was pregnant and miscarried? That was my first thought.

Could explain the sudden fly-in from her parents, if she needed their support.

Maybe the nail painting photo was posted in excitement that she was pregnant and then maybe she lost their baby? :/ awful.

Hope JB and M brought some soap, shampoo and a pair of nail clippers.

Jill's hands look filthy- there's dirt visible under her nails.

If they expect to be famous, and to earn easy money for merely existing, celebs, even Z listers, need to present better.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So...new Insta post shows Jill holding a newborn Hispanic baby while Israel (in Fundie Hippie Jesus Derick's arms) looks at the (very cute) newborn with a big "WTF" look. Please let her just be posing with the product of a birth she attended and didn't cock up. On the bright side, she's looking much better (much less strained, much happier looking smile), and the Fundie Hippie Jesus look, once he commits to it, kinda suits Derick in a weird way.

I read their blog update. I don't see anything in there about taking in a baby. Maybe Jill "helped deliver it" or something? Or they wanted to drum up traffic to their blog, which they most likely did with that stunt. They did, however, state that they're there with SOS and mentioned SOS about a million times. And, they talked about how they're converting people who are already christian.

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Hope JB and M brought some soap, shampoo and a pair of nail clippers.

Jill's hands look filthy- there's dirt visible under her nails.

If they expect to be famous, and to earn easy money for merely existing, celebs, even Z listers, need to present better.

From my own experience, that may be easier said than done. I can cut my nails all the way back, completely clean my hand, and have dirt under the nails within 5 minutes, even if I haven't moved. I think it spawns under my nails.

ETA: if they're worried about their public appearance, they should start with Derick. Man looks like he's been living on the streets for the last 5 months.

41 minutes ago, Kate11 said:

I agree with just about everything that has already been said. Did anybody notice that he made sure to include that his mom sent them down some outlet covers? At least Cathy is looking out for Israel.

Yep. That was a nice bit of spin.

How long does it take to shower? They live in a modern apartment, not in a mud floor shack. If they have internet access I'm guessing they have hot water. I saw once that Jill likes the scruffy look, not a surprise given the Ken doll look sported by JB. Derrick's look has devolved from a little scruffy to I don't give a shit. If someone looking like him showed up at my door wanting to talk to me about Christianity, I wouldn't answer.

3 minutes ago, jcanglin991 said:

How long does it take to shower? They live in a modern apartment, not in a mud floor shack. If they have internet access I'm guessing they have hot water. I saw once that Jill likes the scruffy look, not a surprise given the Ken doll look sported by JB. Derrick's look has devolved from a little scruffy to I don't give a shit. If someone looking like him showed up at my door wanting to talk to me about Christianity, I wouldn't answer.

You don't even want to know how often I showered when my twins were infants. Not often. Young baby, or two, and the 10 minutes I could have showered I usually chose to eat or sit instead. Even less time to shower when they went from 2 naps a day to 1 nap a day. One day when they were Israel's age I chose to shower while they were awake and sitting in bouncy seats. I faced them toward each other so they could see each other and "talk" back and forth. Got all soapy, then one projectile vomited across onto his brother. Showering is just not worth it sometimes with a baby! lol 

I know how hard it can be to get in a shower with babies, and when people asked me in the early days if they could do anything for me, I wasn't ashamed to say can you hold the baby while I shower. I can't even imagine having two babies at the same time.  I had great family and friends and a lot of support. In Jill and Derrick's case though, they had his mother there for several weeks, Jill's family was there on a mission trip, and they are two adults with only one child and maybe half a job between them. If Derrick has time to paint her nails he has time to shower and groom himself. No offense to you, like I said, I can't even imagine the effort that goes into caring for twins.

Leg humpers are congratulating them on their adoption on Jillys Instagram. 

They can't adopt a baby that fast right? Hopefully cute baby is just one that Jill helped deliver and they decided to take a picture with to stir up rumors

Derek looks so awful in those new pictures. He was tall and skinny before, but now it's just super gaunt and scary-looking. That unkempt beard is only making matters worse, not covering things up.

Why would they adopt, except to show their godliness. Jill can't handle one baby as it is. She seems to need Derrick there at all times. The only way Jill could handle multiple children is if they go back to Arkansas and one of her sisters moves in to help, meaning that sister will have no life of her own, like poor Jana now. Jill seems to be headed the way of her mother, with the mindset of having kids just to have them, not to raise them. I hate the idea that there will be another generation raised the way Jill was.

12 minutes ago, fannomore said:

They can't adopt a baby that fast right? Hopefully cute baby is just one that Jill helped deliver and they decided to take a picture with to stir up rumors

I don't think they're allowed to adopt from the country they're in. I think it's actually illegal. I could be wrong.

I hate the thought of a baby being wrenched away from his culture, and growing up Duggar. Besides, Izzy is still a baby. Enjoy him while you can.

11 minutes ago, fannomore said:

Yeah, that wouldn't be possible. Americans can't currently adopt from Guatemala, and if they've moved to El Salvador as rumored, the adoption time frame is typically 2-3 years and they would not meet the requirements due to lack of a stable income.

I think the baby in the picture is someone else's.

21 minutes ago, fannomore said:

Oh FFS....can't these leghumpers be a little discerning? Putting a baby in Jill's arms and they jump to adoption? Look at the pictures of some of the local folks holding Izzy. Did they adopt Izzy? Of course not.  Jill was simply holding someone's baby. Leghumpers, take a lesson in critical thinking and reality!

5 hours ago, jcanglin991 said:

Exactly,  why not visit the bedridden mother and find out what she needs, then bring it. Why can't Jill go there and sit with her so her son can go out for awhile and get a break. Derrick says the fifteen year old doesn't get out, make it possible. Oh, wait, that would require caring about someone and  making a difference in another person's life. If the boy goes to church to get supplies he is touted as a possible convert. Can't have anybody thinking they are there for unselfish reasons.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head.  I realized that I could never imagine Jill doing something like that.  The Duggars have always practiced a weird sort of Christianity-- it is more focused on being judgmental and making up rules than it is about being Christ-like.  Have we ever seen anyone in this family go out of their way to do something for someone else?  I can imagine them picketing abortion clinics.  I can imagine them handing out anti LGBT tracts.  What I cannot imagine is Michelle or Jill or JB doing something thoughtful and helpful like staying with a bedridden woman so her son can go out for awhile..or maybe they would do it if the cameras were rolling.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived