IGNORED

Donald Trump wants bans on Muslims entering US

47of74

The latest idiocy from The Donald;

(CNN)Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday for barring all Muslims from entering the United States.

Trump, who has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S., made his latest controversial call in a news release. His message comes in the wake of a deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, by suspected ISIS sympathizers and the day after President Barack Obama asked the country not to "turn against one another" out of fear.

Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told CNN on Monday that the ban would apply not just to Muslim foreigners looking to immigrate to the U.S., but also to Muslims looking to visit the U.S. as tourists.

"Everyone," Lewandowski said when asked if the ban would also apply to Muslim tourists.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

Jeez, what's next Donald? 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet, Saudi Arabia remains a beloved ally of the US, even though the 9/11 attackers were mostly Saudis, the Wahabi Muslims in Saudi Arabia are the fundiest of fundies, and it's pretty well documented that the Saudis, including the royal family, are funding Daesh. I guess all that sweet, sweet crude oil is enough to make us look the other way, even as we vilify the victims of al Qaeda and Daesh.

8 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

And yet, Saudi Arabia remains a beloved ally of the US, even though the 9/11 attackers were mostly Saudis, the Wahabi Muslims in Saudi Arabia are the fundiest of fundies, and it's pretty well documented that the Saudis, including the royal family, are funding Daesh. I guess all that sweet, sweet crude oil is enough to make us look the other way, even as we vilify the victims of al Qaeda and Daesh.

And given the chance he who gold plates his shits (as I refer to Trump) would probably push more and more Muslims over to the Saudi's side through his extremist behavior.

1 minute ago, 47of74 said:

And given the chance he who gold plates his shits (as I refer to Trump) would probably push more and more Muslims over to the Saudi's side through his extremist behavior.

Yes, exactly this. It's as though they can't figure out the concept of cause and effect.

He is a MORON plain and simple, I am terrified of living in America if he gets elected.  

When political figures start leaning towards the end of the spectrum on issues like this, I just cringe.  Think what you want, Donald, but keep it to yourself.  It's not realistic, it's scary as hell and racist.

What's even scarier is that there are a LOT of people who support his view.

Gun sales are up, people are on edge and he is a really, really bad cheerleader of flawed ideas.

That is all.

The most frightening thing about all this mess is the more Trump spews his extreme ideology,  his poll numbers go up. Donald is inciting fear, and people are buying the shit he is selling.  

I really am not comfortable with the direction the United States is going in. It seems everyone is on edge. We now have more and more people buying firearms. Firearms and fear is not a good combination. 

I kind of wonder if he's just pandering a lot of the time. I mean really, who are the people most likely to vote for him based solely on the outrageous crap that spews from his mouth? The legion of the ignorant living in fear, that's who. "He wants to close mosques! Let's vote for that guy!" (Regardless of the fact that it's unrealistic and illegal.) Basically, he's often speaking directly to the people who are so terrified of everything that is different than them, and ignorant enough to be unaware that Trump can't wave a magic wand and make it all go away. That's my take on him anyway. And it really upsets me that he is basically exploiting those people, regardless of how much they irritate me.

Apparently he said this includes Muslims with U.S. citizenship who are currently out of the country for whatever reason.

Also, statements like this really make me wonder, how do you determine if someone is Muslim? I'm not asking this to be glib. Religion is not like nationality or criminal background where a quantitative measure can be created. Do Sufis count as Muslims? People raised Muslim who are pretty much agnostic but still practice many of the cultural aspects of Islam like Eid and avoiding pork? Do the Baha'i? I really want to know how he would answer that question.

15 minutes ago, Mecca said:

The most frightening thing about all this mess is the more Trump spews his extreme ideology,  his poll numbers go up. Donald is inciting fear, and people are buying the shit he is selling.  

I really am not comfortable with the direction the United States is going in. It seems everyone is on edge. We now have more and more people buying firearms. Firearms and fear is not a good combination. 

I do hope that most people (who are buying firearms, but otherwise as well) are not living in complete fear. However, I think firearm sales are going up due to a mix of things, wanting to protect oneself AGAINST gun violence, people fearing more laws on guns, people fearing guns being taken away, currently holiday sales and then things like terrorism/ISIS. Still...I do hope people are not living in complete fear. I do think that we can say that since we know there are so many firearms out there, that MOST people are not behaving badly with them and hopefully that continues to be the case. America has a different history than other nations and gun ownership and protecting are kind of ingrained in many mindsets.  I often think real gun education would help...at least a little. I don't know the answer to be honest.

29 minutes ago, nausicaa25 said:

Apparently he said this includes Muslims with U.S. citizenship who are currently out of the country for whatever reason.

Also, statements like this really make me wonder, how do you determine if someone is Muslim? I'm not asking this to be glib. Religion is not like nationality or criminal background where a quantitative measure can be created. Do Sufis count as Muslims? People raised Muslim who are pretty much agnostic but still practice many of the cultural aspects of Islam like Eid and avoiding pork? Do the Baha'i? I really want to know how he would answer that question.

Here is the thing....Americans have a right to be here. They have freedom of religion and that is essentially that.

That being said, when coming into our country, or asking to live in our country, they don't have a "right" but are being allowed. Automatically saying "no" to all Muslims seems like a pretty absurd idea, but saying "no" to someone who has ideologies that don't fit with American Values? Is it so bad to ask questions? 

Trump is running on shock value and it is working. So, he says extreme things...people respond because it is different, and some, because it is what they actually believe. I think it reflects how poorly people view the current status of our country and administration more than how they view Trump. 

30 minutes ago, nausicaa25 said:

Today over lunch, a cross section of fundie on my fake book account explained to me that the USA needed to deport all non citizen muslims, destroy all mosques and put all muslims citizens into interment camps-- he says he realizes we did this with native americans and with the japanese in wwii, however, we can apologize later if it turns out we are in the wrong to do this.   

I suggested this would be the fastest way possible to radicalize young muslim people.  

Another guy chimed in and said if they were muslims they were already radicalized.....

I asked (again, same question, different people) if they were planning  Kristallnacht soon, and they ignored that.  

I guess they don't see that this has all been done before and didn't really go that well....

1 hour ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

He is a MORON plain and simple, I am terrified of living in America if he gets elected.  

Me too. I am worried that he is doing so well in the polls.

29 minutes ago, salex said:

Today over lunch, a cross section of fundie on my fake book account explained to me that the USA needed to deport all non citizen muslims, destroy all mosques and put all muslims citizens into interment camps-- he says he realizes we did this with native americans and with the japanese in wwii, however, we can apologize later if it turns out we are in the wrong to do this.   

I suggested this would be the fastest way possible to radicalize young muslim people.  

Another guy chimed in and said if they were muslims they were already radicalized.....

I asked (again, same question, different people) if they were planning  Kristallnacht soon, and they ignored that.  

I guess they don't see that this has all been done before and didn't really go that well....

The current political atmosphere in this country really makes me fear for the future. We keep repeating the mistakes of the past, and don't even realize that they were mistakes.

29 minutes ago, salex said:

I thought of the Japanese internment camps also... extermination/elimination of a group (any group) for the acts of a few seems... a bit drastic.  (I hope the quote thingy worked right)

On 12/7/2015 at 9:19 PM, salex said:
I asked (again, same question, different people) if they were planning  Kristallnacht soon

God knows some of the reichies would love to reenact Kristallnacht against anyone they don't like.

Sorry but as a Canadian, more specifically a Torontonian I am relieved that you have Donald Trump. he make the whole Rob Ford years we dealt with seem so much more harmless...

Seriously though, I really cant see this moron getting elected, sure he says crazy shit and riles up the far right, but when it is all over and the dust has settled I can see no way that this racist doofus will ever be sitting in the White House, I am sure that by the time the real election happens he will have insulted enough people that no one in their right mind will actually vote for him.

He has insulted Mexicans, Muslims, Women and the handicapped, give him time let him babble on he will sink his own ship

thRLUJIRCI.jpg

26 minutes ago, Catey said:

Sorry but as a Canadian, more specifically a Torontonian I am relieved that you have Donald Trump. he make the whole Rob Ford years we dealt with seem so much more harmless...

Seriously though, I really cant see this moron getting elected, sure he says crazy shit and riles up the far right, but when it is all over and the dust has settled I can see no way that this racist doofus will ever be sitting in the White House, I am sure that by the time the real election happens he will have insulted enough people that no one in their right mind will actually vote for him.

He has insulted Mexicans, Muslims, Women and the handicapped, give him time let him babble on he will sink his own ship

thRLUJIRCI.jpg

I like to think that there is no way Trump could be elected, but the fact is the South will vote as a block for whoever the GOP candidate is, regardless of who it turns out to be. That's already a good chunk of the electoral votes. There's been talk about demographic changes in Virginia and Georgia possibly turning those states purple or even blue, but I'm not optimistic. Remember, a lot of people thought George W. Bush would be a one-term president. The truth is that a lot of people are not only accustomed to societal and political dysfunction, but think it's the best of all possible worlds.

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I like to think that there is no way Trump could be elected, but the fact is the South will vote as a block for whoever the GOP candidate is, regardless of who it turns out to be. That's already a good chunk of the electoral votes. There's been talk about demographic changes in Virginia and Georgia possibly turning those states purple or even blue, but I'm not optimistic. Remember, a lot of people thought George W. Bush would be a one-term president. The truth is that a lot of people are not only accustomed to societal and political dysfunction, but think it's the best of all possible worlds.

Again, this is fault of having a two party system.  People want change, but cannot seem to do it outside of dem and GOP ideologies...and everyone seems to get more and more extreme as time goes on.

Which has resulted in the possibility of Bernie vs Trump...I don't know that either are actually good gor America, but people want change. Interestingly, neither are traditionally republican or democrat 

St. Petersburg, Florida Mayor Rick Kriseman had a perfect response to The Donald;

"Tweet of the year," declared several of the thousand-plus Twitter users who shared St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman's tongue-in-cheek post Monday night.

"I am hereby barring Donald Trump from entering St. Petersburg until we fully understand the dangerous threat posed by all Trumps," Kriseman tweeted.

About two hours after he posted it, more than 2,000 people had already retweeted it.

"You make a ridiculous statement, so you answer with a ridiculous statement," Kriseman said. "There are some people who thought I was seriously going to ban Donald Trump from St. Petersburg, and that's obviously not something I would try to do. But his statement was kind of ridiculous, so I thought that it deserved an equal response."

Here's the original Tweet;

I am hereby barring Donald Trump from entering St. Petersburg until we fully understand the dangerous threat posed by all Trumps.
6:01 PM - 7 Dec 2015

So now we've got the "mainstream" republicans coming out of the woodwork - Bush, Rubio, Christie, Cruz (although not so much) and the rest of the leadership - condemning or at least trying to soften Trump's stance.  Apparently, the republican leadership is a touch frightened of a general election with Trump in it (can't imagine why...)

All I want to say to them is - You idiots may not have created Trump, but you sure as hell created an environment in which someone like him could flourish! What did they really see happening?  Who exactly was their dream candidate? Did they think someone sane was going to jump onto their "war on everything, let's go back to the 1950s" train?

As a Muslim, every time I hear him say something asinine like this, I wonder when we're going to see the first mass attack on a mosque. I'm expecting any Jummah now to see something horrific...and I'm terrified at what the public reaction will be.

This kind of crazy is dangerous and scary.

4 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

When political figures start leaning towards the end of the spectrum on issues like this, I just cringe.  Think what you want, Donald, but keep it to yourself.  It's not realistic, it's scary as hell and racist.

What's even scarier is that there are a LOT of people who support his view.

Gun sales are up, people are on edge and he is a really, really bad cheerleader of flawed ideas.

That is all.

That's what's scariest, that he has a lot of people who agree with him, and someone might just act on his comments and murder innocent people, and I'm not talking about just innocent Muslims, but anyone with brown skin.

If hell freezes over and he's elected, my family is leaving the US.  This isn't just a joke.  We are scared to death of what he'd do to this country.  

Archived