IGNORED

Donald Trump wants bans on Muslims entering US

47of74

I understand he's concerned about terrorism but honestly, Donald, if all Muslims were terrorists we'd already be all dead by now.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I wonder if he actually does want to be elected. I don't think he is a stupid man, but the things spewing forth from his mouth say otherwise. 

He has to be aware of how ignorant he sounds. I wonder if he threw his hat into the ring as kind of a lark, to shake things up and gain the press he enjoys so much. His ideas are so farfetched and ludicrous that he might be surprised to find they have legs. 

Perhaps he's getting nervous since it appears he could go the distance, and all of this crap is his way of using that old business adage: Never say "NO" to the customer; make the customer say no to you. The problem--people aren't saying no, despite the garbage he keeps spilling.

He doesn't want to be elected; he'll pull out soon. I tell myself this so I can sleep at night. I have so much anxiety right now, as evidenced by the fact I am typing this at 3 a.m. 

I don't want a Republican candidate who feels what I do with my body is his busines, but Lord, I don't want Donald either.

I can only hope that if the unthinkable happens and President Trump is a thing, that a majority of Congress and other people in charge have enough balls to overthrow him. (It won't happen, but makes for great speculative fiction)

I pray every day that Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton is elected as our next President.

I hope he won't get elected. This guy is a serious joke, i've read a lot of french articles about him and it appears that nothing is good about him or his ideas. And between us, terrorists aren't muslim. They belong to a cult, a dangerous organization, not a religion. This is so stupid and dangerous to confound Islam and terrorism.

8 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

As a Muslim, every time I hear him say something asinine like this, I wonder when we're going to see the first mass attack on a mosque. I'm expecting any Jummah now to see something horrific...and I'm terrified at what the public reaction will be.

This kind of crazy is dangerous and scary.

He was in my city last Friday, within two or three miles of the Islamic Center and a significant Muslim (and "easily associated" Hindu and Sikh) population. I was so worried that enough of his audience would get riled up and start something. :/

As a Muslim, every time I hear him say something asinine like this, I wonder when we're going to see the first mass attack on a mosque. I'm expecting any Jummah now to see something horrific...and I'm terrified at what the public reaction will be.

Please stay safe, Imagine! I'm sending prayers your way.

9 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I live in an area with a lot of Muslims. Everytime I see a woman wearing a hijab, I hope that she is not being harassed by racist idiots. Please stay safe.

I initially thought that Trump was in this just for the attention and that he really had no designs on the presidency. I was sure that  he'd find some excuse to drop out and consider it ego-boosting mission accomplished or that people would finally see through him. Now? I'm not so sure. Each new outrageous statement only boosts his poll numbers and he keeps getting worse and worse. He's absolutely drunk with power and practically pissing himself with excitement. I live in absolute fear that he might take this all the way AND that he will incite followers who are already on the fringes of sanity to do unspeakable things. What the fuck is going on in this country?

14 hours ago, nausicaa25 said:

Apparently he said this includes Muslims with U.S. citizenship who are currently out of the country for whatever reason.

Also, statements like this really make me wonder, how do you determine if someone is Muslim? I'm not asking this to be glib. Religion is not like nationality or criminal background where a quantitative measure can be created. Do Sufis count as Muslims? People raised Muslim who are pretty much agnostic but still practice many of the cultural aspects of Islam like Eid and avoiding pork? Do the Baha'i? I really want to know how he would answer that question.

If he's anything like Hitler, then one drop of Muslim blood makes you a Muslim. I can't help but wonder if Trump got some of his ideas from him (like wanting to make Muslims register and wear ID badges...)

13 hours ago, salex said:

Today over lunch, a cross section of fundie on my fake book account explained to me that the USA needed to deport all non citizen muslims, destroy all mosques and put all muslims citizens into interment camps-- he says he realizes we did this with native americans and with the japanese in wwii, however, we can apologize later if it turns out we are in the wrong to do this.   

I suggested this would be the fastest way possible to radicalize young muslim people.  

Another guy chimed in and said if they were muslims they were already radicalized.....

I asked (again, same question, different people) if they were planning  Kristallnacht soon, and they ignored that.  

I guess they don't see that this has all been done before and didn't really go that well....

What the actual fuck. That's terrifying.

My heavens. Did anyone hear Trump's interview this morning on CNN? Uggghhhhh! It took everything in me not to throw my iPad across the room. This guy is nothing but a racist. Look at the people he is always going after. They are minorities. 

Funny how Trump hates the Muslims that reside or want to settle in the U. S., but he has no issue taking their money. His business was built on the dealings with countries and people that are Muslim. Hypocrite, much?

You know Donald Trump is bad when the Speaker of the House that is very conservative comes out and says Trump is out of control. 

I highly recommend reading the book It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis.  It's a 1935 novel about what would happen if fascists took over America.  It was going to be made into a TV miniseries in the 1980s--until the producers basically said to the writer, "Star Wars is popular.  Can you make this about aliens?"  And that's the origin of the miniseries V.  Anyway, Trumps comments have been making me think about both works.

7 hours ago, Jingerbread said:

If hell freezes over and he's elected, my family is leaving the US.  This isn't just a joke.  We are scared to death of what he'd do to this country.  

Yeah I'm seriously considering it too. 

33 minutes ago, Mecca said:

My heavens. Did anyone hear Trump's interview this morning on CNN? Uggghhhhh! It took everything in me not to throw my iPad across the room. This guy is nothing but a racist. Look at the people he is always going after. They are minorities. 

Funny how Trump hates the Muslims that reside or want to settle in the U. S., but he has no issue taking their money. His business was built on the dealings with countries and people that are Muslim. Hypocrite, much?

You know Donald Trump is bad when the Speaker of the House that is very conservative comes out and says Trump is out of control. 

I was watching a clip of him on CBS This Morning and he was asked what his plan was for keeping all Muslims in this country under surveillance. His answer was "Use your imagination." *smirk* NO, asshole. TELL ME. You're running for president, you keep throwing out these outrageous statements about building walls, deporting and spying on people so tell me. HOW? How to you plan to subvert the Constitution? How will you handle the protests and resistance from the reasonable citizens of this country? TELL ME. I simply can't understand why people are falling all over this egotistical gasbag.

Does anyone remember this incredibly cheesy "so-bad-it's-good" movie from the 60s called "Wild in the Streets," where a rock star becomes president by rallying the country's youth to demand the vote (14 or Fight)? At one point they round up everyone over 30 into detention camps and it's the kind of thing I can imagine Trump doing. The movie (despite some MAJOR talent) was unintentionally funny. Trump, unfortunately, is  not.

Well, screw your Paul Ryan. What was the point of that speech about Trump if you are going to go ahead and back Trump if he wins the nomination? 

Jesus H. Christ..... The GOP is just nothing but a gigantic shit show of epic proportions. 

I would like to know how he plans to do it.

Will there be a Bacon Sandwich test at customs?

Wait no that would weed out all the vegans and others so no that wouldn't work..

Will it just be something that is asked?

Hmm because if I was coming to blow shit up its not like I would lie

So no that would just keep out the honest people so again that would not work either..

In 1917 these folks were to be kept out

"idiots, imbeciles, epileptics, alcoholics, poor, criminals, beggars, any person suffering attacks of insanity, those with tuberculosis, and those who have any form of dangerous contagious disease, aliens who have a physical disability that will restrict them from earning a living in the United States..., polygamists and anarchists, those who were against the organized government or those who advocated the unlawful destruction of property and those who advocated the unlawful assault of killing of any officer." 

If that were still true Donald would be on his way out based on the no IDIOTS clause...

26 minutes ago, sparkles said:

I was watching a clip of him on CBS This Morning and he was asked what his plan was for keeping all Muslims in this country under surveillance. His answer was "Use your imagination." *smirk* NO, asshole. TELL ME. You're running for president, you keep throwing out these outrageous statements about building walls, deporting and spying on people so tell me. HOW? How to you plan to subvert the Constitution? How will you handle the protests and resistance from the reasonable citizens of this country? TELL ME. I simply can't understand why people are falling all over this egotistical gasbag.

I was watching "man on the street" type of interviews this morning with Trump supporters waiting outside of Trump's rally in North Carolina. Sweet Zeus, was that some scary stuff. They were all on board with his plan and a few went so far to say on camera that ALL Muslims living in the U.S. need to be rounded up and deported. 

Sunday my husband and I went out to lunch. Sitting next to us was a older man reading a book and sitting to himself. It appeared he knew the manager of the place because he called the manager over by name and they started chatting. The older man went on this tirade about Muslims and said he was voting for Trump. He then said he was going to a gun show to buy guns to protect himself from the Muslims. Yep, this woman spoke up. I told the man to get a grip and stop being manipulated by Trump's demagoguery. He did not like that, but whatever. I can't deal with that type of stupidity. 

And... There is officially a petition circulating to ban one of our leading presidential candidates from the UK.  I know anyone can start a petition, but seriously - GO MURICA.

2 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I was watching "man on the street" type of interviews this morning with Trump supporters waiting outside of Trump's rally in North Carolina. Sweet Zeus, was that some scary stuff. They were all on board with his plan and a few went so far to say on camera that ALL Muslims living in the U.S. need to be rounded up and deported. <snip>

But this is the thing that gets me. HE HAS NO PLAN. He's making all of these outrageous and inflammatory statements about what he'll do but doesn't say Word One about how he actually plans to do it. Let's here the specifics, Donald. Let's hear how you plan to force Mexico to pay for that wall. Let's hear how you plan to spy on every resident Muslim in this country. What programs will you cut to pay for it? Or will you raise taxes, not on the 1% of course, but on the middle class? Will you be uprooting people from their homes and putting them in camps like we did with the Japanese?  What about other people who he deems to be troublesome? TELL ME?

The cockeyed optimist in me would like to think (hope) that once people started hearing about how Trump actually planned to accomplish all of these things, it would be a wake-up call. Unfortunately, my inner pessimist tells me it's probably a pipe dream. Trump is obviously appealing to a LOT of people and that scares me more than he does.

2 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Trump is obviously appealing to a LOT of people and that scares me more than he does.

ITA, and I'm seeing this sentiment from many others as well. The president doesn't have the power to do what Trump is saying he wants to do, but that's only so reassuring when you know so many of your fellow citizens are totally on board with it either way. I feel like I'm living in a madhouse and it's terrifying.

And count me among those who would be looking at options abroad if he were to be elected.

58 minutes ago, sparkles said:

I was watching a clip of him on CBS This Morning and he was asked what his plan was for keeping all Muslims in this country under surveillance. His answer was "Use your imagination." *smirk* NO, asshole. TELL ME.

I feel like that's his way of saying he'll be using Mein Kampf  as a guideline of sorts.

And there's this: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/donald-trump-japanese-internment_5666ce77e4b079b2818ff063

3 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

ITA, and I'm seeing this sentiment from many others as well. The president doesn't have the power to do what Trump is saying he wants to do, but that's only so reassuring when you know so many of your fellow citizens are totally on board with it either way. I feel like I'm living in a madhouse and it's terrifying.

And count me among those who would be looking at options abroad if he were to be elected.

I wonder if he knows that he's running for President, not fascist Dictator.

Archived