emesbe

Taxonomy is not an SDORT subject. It's a pity. When my Father first introduced me to taxonomy I was fascinated, Carl Linnaeus was one of the science heroes of my youth. (Aha moment here, I think I just found my new facebook moniker!)

I first learned about taxonomy in 7th grade at my evil public school and I fell in love with science. It's all really fascinating, but especially the microscopic organisms that you would never think about otherwise. Diatoms are like tiny works of art.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teri is a college graduate. She should know better.

I believe they are referring to the Muncks Quiver blog. There is some pretty sloppy writing on their blog. I think perfectionist Teri is pretty good about editing her writing.

OK, I am woefully behind on my fundie watching in general, but since the Maxwells are my bete noir, I have spent the greater part of the last 15 minutes going through muncksquiver. I hate to write it, but this girl is doomed. And not just because she is marrying a reversal Maxwell.

For God's sake, her parents actually refer to their family as their quiver. This pre dates any possibility of a Maxwell courtship. Their title post about the engagement is about one of their arrows launching. :angry-banghead:The koolaid had been ingested way before this deal was on the table. The mother cannot spell or construct a sentence and has been in charge of the education of 11 children. She talks about Sarah Palin keeping her Down Syndrome baby as if it is understood that Democrats want to erase people with DS from the face of the earth. The meaning of life came to them after instituting "family Bible time". I don't care if they have a broader color palette than the Maxwells and brothers and sisters swim together, they are creeps of the first order. I hope I am wrong, and if I am I will GLADLY eat shit. I'm going to do a deeper dive into this site, but after six so I can justify the gin and tonic.

I love everything about this post, but the bolded part is just killing me.

Everytime I see quiver, I think quivering member.

I can't stop wondering whether there is a more interesting story behind this one, than will be shared on the blog. This isn't an ideal Maxwell match, the Munck family are not in deep enough to match Steve's standards, and the fact that they run a frivolous blog seems a bit risky for the man who has such a high need for control. I think there must be a skeleton in the cupboard that makes a marriage like this more acceptable than the alternative, whatever that might be... Rebellion or premarital fumbling or something else not quite right...

I'm pretty sure this is an arranged marriage, worked out between the two patriarchs. Perhaps Steve caught Joseph spanking the monkey and decided it was time to set him up with a wife.

Until June 9 the three oldest daughters had a blog (muncksisters.blogspot) and there's no mention ever of a "love interest". Apparently the sisters stopped this month blogging in the name of "family unity", which I read as Steve's influence. None of the girls seem to write entries in the "family blog".

I would fucking kill my mother in law if she were Teri Maxwell. Not only memorizing, but keeping track?

I can't imagine being stuck in the hospital with only the Maxwells for company. I'd scratch my eyeballs out and then order the nurses not to let anyone in the room but my husband and my own parents.

I'd like to think it is her choice NOT to marry, but look at her eyes. They are so sad. She is a woman who was raised that the only acceptable "career" for a woman is marriage and having children.

Is it possible that Sarah wants to have a husband and life of her own, but knows that if she does, she'll just be a baby machine and therefore chooses not to marry?

Is it possible that Sarah wants to have a husband and life of her own, but knows that if she does, she'll just be a baby machine and therefore chooses not to marry?

I would have to ask if she has an awareness of options? I think we've all be around on this one before.

I don't think it was with Anna, it was with Melanie. I believe it was when Melanie was in labor at the hospital with Abigail. The hospital rooms have TVs but because the Maxwells don't watch TV, Teri kept Melanie company by memorizing scripture verses together during the long hours/days Melanie spent in the hospital (I don't remember why she was in the hospital so long -- I think maybe her water had broken and they were trying to wait as long as possible to deliver because she was several weeks early).

Anyone else remember the details?

I wouldn't be surprised if Teri was there precisely to make sure that Melanie didn't watch the TV. I am willing to bet that when Melanie was in the hospital, she was never alone. Someone had to "protect" her.

I really don't think the Muncks are that different at their core from the Maxwells. Christian Contemporary Music, slightly more extravagant birthday parties... these are just cosmetic. I mean, look at what Elizabeth wrote on her blog not that long ago:

"Sadly Christians are controlling their own womb. They say to God here's my life...well except this area God I can take care of it...no if you will just take care of that I will take care of this.

And yet the song thousands of them have sang goes like this..."All to Jesus I surrender; All to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live."

In 2002 the "Southern baptist council on the family" did a survey on young adults who have grown up in the Church with a profession of faith and call themselves born again evangelicals. 88% of them drop out of church by the end of their freshmen year in college.

The birth rate in America is 1.8 per couple...are culture is dying! The birthrate of Muslims is 6 children per couple."

'Are culture is dying'? Oh dear.

Good thing they will be only a mile away from the compound. When it comes time for homeschooling, that girl is going to need some help.

The Maxwells aren't much better. They were talking about putting 'tracks' into baskets recently to save souls.

Until June 9 the three oldest daughters had a blog (muncksisters.blogspot) and there's no mention ever of a "love interest". Apparently the sisters stopped this month blogging in the name of "family unity", which I read as Steve's influence. None of the girls seem to write entries in the "family blog".

One can only hope that they've actually done what a lot of modern kids do when their parents find their blogs - started up a new one with a new URL and no links from the old one.

Though probably that's wishful thinking on my part...

Anyone out there got a list of dates when the Maxwells are mentioned? I started reading the family blog from the beginning a bit this morning and saw the initial entry from Feburary 7, 2008 where the parents mention seeing the Maxwell Show in California, but haven't had time to really go through the whole thing. Another early post mentions that Elizabeth (bride to be) went to public school (!!!) until third grade.

One can only hope that they've actually done what a lot of modern kids do when their parents find their blogs - started up a new one with a new URL and no links from the old one.

It is. When I was reading them a while back, they had a picture of the three oldest girls with a link to their blog on the main Muncks Quiver blog. It wasn't a scandalous blog or anything either. Very boring stuff. The parents obviously approved what they wrote before posting it.

Anyone out there got a list of dates when the Maxwells are mentioned? I started reading the family blog from the beginning a bit this morning and saw the initial entry from Feburary 7, 2008 where the parents mention seeing the Maxwell Show in California, but haven't had time to really go through the whole thing. Another early post mentions that Elizabeth (bride to be) went to public school (!!!) until third grade.

Via the blog's search function:

February 7, 2008: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2008/02/california-trip.html

September 19, 2008: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2008/09/on-road-again.html

October 7, 2009: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2009/10/wordless-wednesday4-weeks-old-today.html

May 25, 2010: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2010/05/few-pictures-from-our-week-end.html

February 1, 2011: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2011/02/putting-new-year-into-perspective.html

April 20, 2012: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2012/04/beginning-of-balance-on-fulcrum-and.html

I first learned about taxonomy in 7th grade at my evil public school and I fell in love with science. It's all really fascinating, but especially the microscopic organisms that you would never think about otherwise. Diatoms are like tiny works of art.

Thanks, bananacat! See, I attended Ebil Public Schools (from kindergarten through grad school), so, when someone teaches me something new, I say, "Gee, thanks for the info! I LIKE to become smarter and better informed!" I don't assume that my education ended back in 1976, the last time I attended class.

Via the blog's search function:

February 7, 2008: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2008/02/california-trip.html

September 19, 2008: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2008/09/on-road-again.html

October 7, 2009: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2009/10/wordless-wednesday4-weeks-old-today.html

May 25, 2010: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2010/05/few-pictures-from-our-week-end.html

February 1, 2011: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2011/02/putting-new-year-into-perspective.html

April 20, 2012: muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2012/04/beginning-of-balance-on-fulcrum-and.html

w00t. The fulcrum post is full of other Maxwell fans in the comments (unfortunately one of them has music playing in the blog - I HATE THAT).

But yeah hardly any mention of the budding relationship and/or any courtship or anything. Even most of those hit posts the Maxwell mention is mainly in the comments. Interesting.

The birth rate in America is 1.8 per couple...are culture is dying! The birthrate of Muslims is 6 children per couple.

:doh: Aside from the are/our thing, why is she even talking about the birth rate of Americans vs. Muslims? It's like comparing apples to refrigerators. News flash, fundie maiden: THERE ARE AMERICAN MUSLIMS, which means that they are part of the American culture. I also have no idea where she's getting her numbers. The figures I looked at after a quick google search did show that muslims had a higher birth rate than any other religious group in the US, but it was nowhere near 6.

I have read the Muncks blog on and off. The kids are in activities and sports. Joseph and Elizabeth are not going to be on the same page when it comes to raising children, and it is going to cause arguments. Either that or Joseph is rebelling. It's hard to tell if he is because Steve would never admit it. His whole business centers on their way to raise godly children who don't rebel.

Doubt it.They have both been raised since birth to believe the man makes the important decisions and the wife must submit.She may be verging on normal in some areas but even the the most liberal of fundie families don't deviate from this one.

Doubt it.They have both been raised since birth to believe the man makes the important decisions and the wife must submit.She may be verging on normal in some areas but even the the most liberal of fundie families don't deviate from this one.

Evangelical Christians who attend church regularly have a 38% divorce rate, according to the stats in this article: http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2 ... ians_N.htm. This is lower than the national average, but still pretty high. Not that I would wish a divorce on anyone. But it happens.

Could that family have their noses any further into Stevie's ass?

I find it disgusting when whole families decide to change their lives because of other people. People they choose to idolize and worship in place of their god.

It's a match made in heaven, this marriage. Stevie gets a whole family of new cult members who have spent a few years proving their worth and the family gets their 'in' with their chosen idol.

It would be interesting to create a timeline of their descent into madness, culminating with their marriage and interbreeding with the Maxwells.

It would be interesting to create a timeline of their descent into madness, culminating with their marriage and interbreeding with the Maxwells.

I'm not remotely qualified but I can say as a lazy person who read some of the early days of their blog this morning and then a few late days this evening (no time to read anything seriously in the middle) I noticed that their language had changed.

Easter vs. Resurrection Sunday for mere starters.

Archived