NurseNell

JC is definitely saying, "NOOOOO -- my grandfather is Steve 'No fun' Maxwell!?" in the first photo.

In the second, he's just told NRAnna, "Get Dad and follow me outta here. There's gotta be more to life than this, see?!"

NR Anna is beautiful and when she's not holding her head in a submissive position one can really see that.

Any way, glad mom & babe are well. Hope they all can quit the nonsense sooner than later.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor kid. His life is over before he's 12 hours old. I agree 100% with those who can't find anything in this to be happy about. There is nothing good about it.

Let's hope that Christopher and Anna have time to enjoy this baby before having another one. My worry is they are going to announce another pregnancy in 4 or 5 months.

He's a beautiful newborn and she looks fantastic. She does not look at all like she just gave birth naturally to a 9 pounder!

I'm glad everyone came through healthy and happy.

I wish them all the best.

Let's hope that Christopher and Anna have time to enjoy this baby before having another one. My worry is they are going to announce another pregnancy in 4 or 5 months.

Babies are not to be enjoyed. It is a duty to fill ones quiver and build an army for the lord.

Babies are not to be enjoyed. It is a duty to fill ones quiver and build an army for the lord.

Yep, and their announcement indicates that is exactly how they see this child. No talk of the joy of raising a son, a new human being with his own personality. Every single thing the Maxwells do is about their lord, or Steve. They can't even announce a birth without bible quotes and their interpretation of what life is about according to their god.

They suck the joy and life out of everything, even the new life they claim to love.

I am usually overjoyed to see pictures of little ones, especially from a successful home birth, but the Maxwells cast such a pall over the whole thing that all I feel is a small amount of hope that this child could have enough iron in his blood to grow to see the cult for what it is and find his way out. It is not a joyful kind of hope.

Does he look a little over-cooked to anyone else? Meconium stained fingernails, no vernix, etc. I'm glad he's okay.

NR Anna is beautiful and when she's not holding her head in a submissive position one can really see that.

I don't know if it's being submissive or if she is embarrassed of her height or maybe she is shy and it is a way to "hide". If you scroll down a little there is a pic of all of the Maxwell women, Anna looks like she has bad posture and juts her head out and down. I do that naturally, but also with my shoulders back (I think it might be from my scoliosis, I feel less out of alignment doing it), I've been working on holding my head more "normally".

It took them quite awhile to get pregnant the first time so I think it will be awhile before number 2.

I am usually overjoyed to see pictures of little ones, especially from a successful home birth, but the Maxwells cast such a pall over the whole thing that all I feel is a small amount of hope that this child could have enough iron in his blood to grow to see the cult for what it is and find his way out. It is not a joyful kind of hope.

Does he look a little over-cooked to anyone else? Meconium stained fingernails, no vernix, etc. I'm glad he's okay.

On the 26th Sarah said that Anna was 41 weeks, that was 7 days ago, so she went at least 42 weeks (I don't think it was 41 to the day, I think that they did that post because Mel hit 37 weeks "officially"), so between 42 and 43 weeks, yup he was a little over cooked, but not much.

He's a beautiful newborn and she looks fantastic. She does not look at all like she just gave birth naturally to a 9 pounder! *snip*

Alright so I am in a bad mood because of the fate of this poor baby, but really, what exactly do you expect a woman to look like after giving birth "naturally" to a "9 pounder"?

"Wow, I'm really surprised you look okay after going through a completely normal process to have to a normal sized baby!" Do you expect that she should have bruises all over her face and be crying and have half of her hair torn out, or what?

-_-

Alright so I am in a bad mood because of the fate of this poor baby, but really, what exactly do you expect a woman to look like after giving birth "naturally" to a "9 pounder"?

"Wow, I'm really surprised you look okay after going through a completely normal process to have to a normal sized baby!" Do you expect that she should have bruises all over her face and be crying and have half of her hair torn out, or what?

-_-

I've seen women look far worse after smaller babies. And 9# is a big baby, I know, 3 of my 4 younger siblings weighed 9 pounds. Those kids didn't fit into newborn clothes.

I've seen women look far worse after smaller babies. And 9# is a big baby, I know, 3 of my 4 younger siblings weighed 9 pounds. Those kids didn't fit into newborn clothes.

Look, don't even get me started. That baby is within the normal range. Head circumference and positioning is what makes a birth easier or more difficult, poundage doesn't really matter.

Some women have a hard go of it and it will show. Some have a very normal birth and come out looking radiant and joyful. Some have a hard time and are overjoyed anyway. Some women have a hard time and force a radiant and joyful expression because they think that somehow makes them better mothers.

Looking good after a birth is not praiseworthy, nor should it be surprising.

Statements like, "wow you look good for what you just went through" would be completely benign if there was no pressure on mothers to act a certain way, but there is. Nor if there wasn't so much negativity associated with the birth process in our culture, but there is. In this case it is magnified a hundredfold because she's supposed to be a paragon of biblical motherhood. The whole thing makes me so mad!!!!

...!!!

-_-

I had 3 children naturally, none of whom were 9 pounds but 2 were close. I can guarantee you I did not look anything nearly half as good as Anna does in this photo. I've seen plenty of photos of woman who have just finished giving birth. In my opinion she looks great. Sorry if for some reason you find that so offensive.

I had 3 children naturally, none of whom were 9 pounds but 2 were close. I can guarantee you I did not look anything nearly half as good as Anna does in this photo. I've seen plenty of photos of woman who have just finished giving birth. In my opinion she looks great. Sorry if for some reason you find that so offensive.

Yeah don't take it personally, it just pushes my buttons.

Look, don't even get me started. That baby is within the normal range. Head circumference and positioning is what makes a birth easier or more difficult, poundage doesn't really matter.

Some women have a hard go of it and it will show. Some have a very normal birth and come out looking radiant and joyful. Some have a hard time and are overjoyed anyway. Some women have a hard time and force a radiant and joyful expression anyway because they think that somehow makes them better mothers.

Looking good after a birth is not praiseworthy, nor should it be surprising.

Statements like, "wow you look good for what you just went through" would be completely benign if there was no pressure on mothers to act a certain way, but there is. In this case it is magnified a hundredfold because she's supposed to be a paragon of biblical motherhood. The whole thing makes me so mad!!!!

...!!!

Seriously? My mom had 6 kids, 6#, 6#2 (me), 11#, then 3 kids that all weighed mid 9's, sorry I don't remember exacts on them. My mom said that there is a world of difference between birthing 6# babies and 9# babies and don't even get her started on an 11 pound baby. We were all natural.

Yes, 9# is within a normal range, so is 6 pounds, but people still call that small. I'm super happy that Anna apears to have had an easy time of it. Some women are naturals, some aren't. To someone who has never had a 9# baby (or even a vaginal birth- mine were c-sections) that sounds pretty damn big!

I can only be happy that everyone is safe. The kid doesn't look like Christopher either which is a good thing too!

My point has been missed.

I probably sucked at making it, though.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Guest Anonymous
My point has been missed.

I probably sucked at making it, though.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Quit being so damned snippy (on matters of birth and breastfeeding) and you might get your points across better.

Quit being so damned snippy (on matters of birth and breastfeeding) and you might get your points across better.

I reserve my right to be pissed off about things that piss me off. I also reserve my right to be snippy about things that bother me.

Maybe one day I'll be more level headed about these issues and then I'll make some really awesome clear points, but that day is not today.

That woman is now under an incredible amount of pressure to be the perfect biblical self-sacrificing no-bad-feelings all-rainbows mother, and they've set her up for it in the worst way. Congratulating her for pulling it off is not a good thing from where I'm sitting. Yeah it makes me mad and yeah I'm snippy and kind of incoherent about it.

Congrats to the new Mother and Father and what a cute baby :). I hope Anna has lots of after birth support, not just physically but emotionally as well. We all know how PND is treated in that family. I hope her Mother comes and stays for a few weeks to give her lots of TLC.

I reserve my right to be pissed off about things that piss me off. I also reserve my right to be snippy about things that bother me.

Maybe one day I'll be more level headed about these issues and then I'll make some really awesome clear points, but that day is not today.

That woman is now under an incredible amount of pressure to be the perfect biblical self-sacrificing no-bad-feelings all-rainbows mother, and they've set her up for it in the worst way. Congratulating her for pulling it off is not a good thing from where I'm sitting. Yeah it makes me mad and yeah I'm snippy and kind of incoherent about it.

I congratulate Anna for looking good considering she's just been through labour, which is hard work no matter how big your baby is. She really does look radiant. I would say the same about a woman who looked that glowing after say, running a marathon. Complimenting someone for x reason does not mean one is putting someone else down for y reason.

I wonder if her family will come to the compound now that there is a grandchild to see. Wanna bet we'll see someone cleaning and sprucing? I wonder if they will hold a dedication ceremony where Stevie will tell us that now that he's born, he's on his way to hell unless he gets saved?

With regards to them always using the Bible, to what else do they have reference? It's not like Christopher or Nathan will say, we've got us a tackle on the family football team now. Fun is sin. Too bad. Baby boys are a riot to raise.

I had epidurals and drugs with my first 3 babies and my last baby was my biggest (9 lbs 3 oz) and I had her naturally. I looked and felt the best after having her. I remember being amazed that I could get up and walk around easily right after she was born. I felt absolutely fantastic and was probably high on adrenalin! It was totally different when I had my others (2 were 8# and the other was 7#.).

I like the name Joshua Christopher.

I think Anna looks great because she looks relieved, glowing, smiling, healthy, and radiant. I think this is different from commenting that someone "looks good" after birth al la crazy Janis - going home from the hospital looking hot wearing a miniskirt and heels. One is superficial, one is not.

Archived