NurseNell

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess they pre-chose the name then... I'm going with something obscurely Biblical - how about Ezekiel?

What is the Grandpa's name? Perhaps they'll name the baby after him.

I think the world is only big enough for one Steve Maxwell. I don't see Steve-o wanting to share his name with anyone.... even a grandchild.

I'm going with Henry or Jacob.

I think the world is only big enough for one Steve Maxwell. I don't see Steve-o wanting to share his name with anyone.... even a grandchild.

I'm going with Henry or Jacob.

I think Markie meant Gigi's husband ;) But I agree, there will be no Steven/Stephen/Steve.

I did mean Gigi's husband. I can't remember his name. I honestly hope Chris and Anna go for a name they both like.

I think Markie meant Gigi's husband ;) But I agree, there will be no Steven/Stephen/Steve.

Clearly, I need to get my eyes checked.... I totally didn't read it correctly. :?

I can't even pretend to be happy about this, not even the minimal "oh, that's nice" when someone I don't know has a baby. This little boy is going to grow up stilted, isolated, and emotionally abused, and if he follows his family's path, he'll grow up to be the same way. The best he can hope for is for the cult to fall apart when he's relatively young, so he can have a shot at catching up to reality and freedom.

I did mean Gigi's husband. I can't remember his name. I honestly hope Chris and Anna go for a name they both like.

Have they ever addressed him in their blog as anything other than Grandad?

I can't even pretend to be happy about this, not even the minimal "oh, that's nice" when someone I don't know has a baby. This little boy is going to grow up stilted, isolated, and emotionally abused, and if he follows his family's path, he'll grow up to be the same way. The best he can hope for is for the cult to fall apart when he's relatively young, so he can have a shot at catching up to reality and freedom.

This.

Does anyone else think they had a home birth?..... Clearly today is not my day. I just read the blog and they did have a homebirth. I need a nap and I should schedule an appointment with the eye doctor Monday.

Just about to post the name then noticed someone beat me to it :)

A homebirth like some predicted on another discussion about them. Well I don't think congratulations are in order for the little Joshua because he is born into a crazy family, at least there were no complications (that are being reported) from being born at home.

Does anyone else think they had a home birth?

I think they did based on the picture of Anna and the baby. My prediction is that tomorrow there will be more pictures put of of the rest of the family holding the baby. We will probably get a picture of Sarah having sad eyes holding the baby.

Our prayer is that Joshua will be a firstborn son whose life is a testimony of his salvation as he embraces the truth of God’s Word, courageously proclaims Christ, and humbly ministers to the needs of those around him.

...no chance at a childhood, I suppose.

:( This makes me so sad.

Does anyone else think they had a home birth?..... Clearly today is not my day. I just read the blog and they did have a homebirth. I need a nap and I should schedule an appointment with the eye doctor Monday.

I think so since they wrote

Joshua was born at 5:53 a.m. and weighed 9 pounds, 4 ounces (he’ll be measured later).

Our hearts are full of gratitude to the Lord that He allowed for a wonderful delivery in our home: both Mommy and baby are doing great!

It was a home birth.

Our hearts are full of gratitude to the Lord that He allowed for a wonderful delivery in our home: both Mommy and baby are doing great!

ETA: Bookworm beat me to it.

I would hate to have to deliver my baby with a bunch of Maxwells hovering about.

...no chance at a childhood, I suppose.

:( This makes me so sad.

Geez, the kid isn't even 24 hours old and they've got his future all mapped out for him.

Guest Anonymous

Well, the old testament Joshua was one of the spies that Moses sent to check out Canaan, and who became leader following his death.

Maybe the name is what some might call a sign that Christopher plans to get his son the hell out of the Maxwell compound and out into the land flowing with milk and honey....

Our prayer is that Joshua will be a firstborn son whose life is a testimony of his salvation as he embraces the truth of God’s Word, courageously proclaims Christ, and humbly ministers to the needs of those around him.

Translation=He will grow up to be a poorly educated member of a cult of personality and a man who thinks he has dominion over his spouse and will never consider her or any female an equal.

Did I get the translation right?

The only things good I can say is Congratulations to the new mom, and best of luck to baby Joshua.

At least Anna's finally got a genuine smile on.

It's a nice name, no Courage Defender God-Hates-Heathens, but a nice name.

I have to say that Anna looks really happy (I never looked happy after, I was usually projectile vomiting on some poor nurse, I freaking hate morphine!). I hope that she finds motherhood to be a joy.

Welcome little Joshua, I hope that your life turns out to surprise us all!

Archived