NR-Anna might be in labor!

kpmom

Read all about it;

titus2.com/blog/

Which will it be, FJers? Girl or boy?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict a boy, and they will name it Steve. If it is a girl, I'm going with Rachel.

No predictions but I hope it is a boy. No more girls need to be subjected to life as a Maxwell daughter.

No predictions but I hope it is a boy. No more girls need to be subjected to life as a Maxwell daughter.

Either way, it will be a very stunted life.

Look at the Maxwell males, they are emotionally stunted just like the girls are. None of them are comfortable in their own skin. At the moment Melanie's girls look OK, give them another ten years and they will be as emotionally and socially stunted as the rest of them.

Either way, it will be a very stunted life.

Look at the Maxwell males, they are emotionally stunted just like the girls are. None of them are comfortable in their own skin. At the moment Melanie's girls look OK, give them another ten years and they will be as emotionally and socially stunted as the rest of them.

100% agree.

The boys have had just as shit an upbringing as the girls and face almost as dreary a future.

I am hoping both baby Maxes will be boys and I hope neither will be named Steve. As far as fundies go, the Maxwells, both generations, have normal names. I like Jesse and Nathan and Bethany best.

Doesn't really matter what they are named. As previous posters have stated, those kiddos (boys or girls) are in for a rough time. The Maxwells are the Unltimate Fun-Suckers!!!

Not exactly sure why they're calling it "Early Labour" when NR Anna is at week 41 or 42?

Yeah, the boy's lives suck too. But at least - at the very least - they have the opportunity, once they marry - to go their own way. Of course, the two that have married have not done so, but they have the option. The girls are screwed for life. Married off if they're lucky, stuck under daddy if they follow in the footsteps of their aunts.

Taking the opportunity is not the same thing as having it. Even now, the married boys at least can do what they want. They just don't want to. The girls don't and won't ever have any kind of option to even deny.

The boys also get exposed to the real world, even if under daddy's watchful eye. The girls are stuck and can't even talk to a person who isn't a relative or potential customer at a sales pitch, er, conference.

I agree just by being born a Maxwell, no matter gender, you're in for a lifetime of total suckage. A boy, at least, might possibly maybe have a chance as an adult. A girl, not a chance in hell.

I am hoping both baby Maxes will be boys and I hope neither will be named Steve. As far as fundies go, the Maxwells, both generations, have normal names. I like Jesse and Nathan and Bethany best.

Doesn't really matter what they are named. As previous posters have stated, those kiddos (boys or girls) are in for a rough time. The Maxwells are the Unltimate Fun-Suckers!!!

Not exactly sure why they're calling it "Early Labour" when NR Anna is at week 41 or 42?

She will be 42 weeks tomorrow. I think they are calling it "early" because the contractions are not consistant yet. She could easily stop for a few day, or contract off/on for several days.

Ok, who suggested "Jubilee" (after the Queen)?!?! Brilliant!

I saw that and laughed. too

The Maxwells probably couldn't tell you who the Queen is, anyway. I'm sure that wasn't part of their education.

I'm on the fence here. I kind of hope it's a girl, to piss off Steve, and I think Christopher seems softer than Steve and would be wrapped around his little girl's finger, maybe even allow her a little more freedom than he and his sisters had. Though a boy would probably fare better in that family. All in All, I hope Christopher isn't as much of a jerk as Steve, who doesn't seem to love anybody but himself.

Maybe they'll do it George Foreman style: Steve, Steven, Stephen, Stevenia, Stevette, Stevie Joe and Stevie Joy

:puke-front:

That's actually accurate medical terminology. The first stage of labor is divided up into 3 phases: early, active, and transition labor.

I fear that if Melanie has another girl they will see it as some sort of sign of sin in the camp that there is no boy yet. After all, doesn't the quiverfull verse say "sons" (depending on the translation)? I am sure when parents are young like the Duggars were and have a bunch of girls then it is seen as a positive because they can raise all their younger siblings. However, it is pretty clear that Nathan and Melanie may have one or two more but, given how long it took them to get pregnant the first time and the tragedy they suffered with Susanna and numerous miscarriages, they will not have a very full quiver. In that case, girls may be seen as a burden if there aren't boys around to potentially support (forcibly) dependent sisters. I worry that they might see it as a result of them meeting Melanie at *gasp* an actual church and thus convince Stevie that he needs to be even more strict in his selection of potential spouses for his kids thus making it even more certain that Sarah will never get married.

I am also annoyed that they keep talking about how calm and patient NR-Anna is. Like if she was anxious and nervous it would be a sign of weakness or lack of faith. I mean, I hate to sound crude but a year ago the poor woman probably never even knew what her nether regions were for and now she will be pushing a live human out of there any day now!

I pity all of these people except Steve and maybe Nathan (who had a slightly more normal upbringing and has had enough contact with the world to know how how effed up his family is).

Anyway, I certainly hope the babies are healthy and that the moms are too but sadly to say that we hope nothing bad happens to the kids is a moot point given that they are being born Maxwell.

I am also annoyed that they keep talking about how calm and patient NR-Anna is. Like if she was anxious and nervous it would be a sign of weakness or lack of faith. I mean, I hate to sound crude but a year ago the poor woman probably never even knew what her nether regions were for and now she will be pushing a live human out of there any day now!

I don't like that either. It's as if she's not allowed normal human emotions, but has to be an example to blog readers.

It was even worse when Nathan and Melanie lost little Susannah, and he kept writing how their goal was to honor God.

What if poor Melanie just wanted to grieve and be sad and angry for a while, and not worry about God or honoring him?

Archived