IGNORED

If the Duggars were on the Titanic...

homeschoolmomma1

Okay so I love the history of the Titanic. I was just thinking what would the Duggars do if they were on the Titanic?

I can bet the Boob would try to use his charm to get on a lifeboat

Well the girls would.. No, I just can't. don't tarnish the name of the great ship with such.... People.

They would never have made it before the shipped pulled out of port.

If somehow they did board it and since their was no TLC to foot the bill back then they would have been 3rd class passengers. And as 3rd class passengers they statistically wouldn't have made it.

They would have been second class presumably if they were using their own money.

Jim Bob, Josh, JD, Joseph and possibly Josiah Probably would not make to be honest.The grown female Duggars and kids most likely would get in a boat,but with so many little kids one or more is bound to be lost in chaos or freeze in the life boats,so some would be lost anyhow.

Cheerful.

I can imagine Smuggar knocking down women and children in his panic to get to a lifeboat and leaving Anna to fend for the kids and herself.

Cost of a ticket (one way)

First Class (parlor suite) £870/$4,350 ($83,200 today)

First Class (berth) £30/$150 ($2975 today)

Second Class £12/$60 ($1200 today)

Third Class £3 to £8/$40 ($298 to $793 today)

Or

First Class (parlor suite) £870/$4,350 ($69,600 today)

First Class (berth) £30/$150 ($2400 today)

Second Class £12/$60 ($960 today)

Third Class £3 to £8/$40 ($172 to $640 today)

I guess no websites can do the math and i am not going to look it up in any of my Titanic books because it is lat at night haha

I'm picturing Jim Bob on the intercom, trying to get the kids to come to the lounge to tell them about Jubilee - how long did that take? Do we think it would be any quicker trying to assemble them to evacuate a sinking ship? Sorry guys, the boats have all left.

Guest Anonymous
I can imagine Smuggar knocking down women and children in his panic to get to a lifeboat and leaving Anna to fend for the kids and herself.

AND he'd wear a dress in order to board (if he could find one that fit him).

Michelle would probably bowl over at least two dozen people in her haste to reach a lifeboat, braying "I'm pregnant" while JimBob hollered "But, we're Duggars!

Smugs would definitely be mowing down women and children left and right in his quest for a lifeboat. J'chelle would leave it to the J'Slaves to see themselves and the children to a boat.

I'd like to imagine that Boob would meet the fate of "propeller guy" from James Cameron's Titanic. :whistle:

I can also imagine that Smuggar would push people out of the way to get to a lifeboat, leaving Anna and the kids on their own. It's possible that the parents and older J'slaves might make it to a lifeboat, but it's possible that at least one Howler would get separated in the chaos and might not have survived. I could see Jackson being Propeller Boy myself, as we've seen what happens when nobody's looking. :eusa-whistle:

half the kids would have been dead and Michelle too from all of the problem births.. jimboob would have been looking for a new helpmeet.

Josh would have been able to walk on the water, since he is the Golden Child, after all. Hopefully he would be carrying Michael, at least, as the heir to the throne. Anna would drown trying to wrangle Mackynzie and all their luggage.

The Duggars would be praying, convinced that 'god' would not let them die nor the ship sink. Denial all the way. Jill would become hysterical, Jana would stay stoic, Jessa and Jinger can't be bothered with little kids, JD has disappeared, Josh and Anna are deep in denial - 3rd class deep, locked behind the gates, Joy is not acting like a lady and actually gets a spot on a boat (later is saved and never tells anyone she is a 'duggar'). The howlers are lost in chaos, some are probably rescued by other passengers, those that make it have no idea what their name is, the little girls are lost, Ma and Pa go down with the ship, praying all the way.

Because no one was every taught how to survive, how to write, how to communicate with the outside world those children who were rescued were unable to identify themselves and we really don't know which ones made it. (or maybe they have more brains then given credit for and they all pull a 'Joy' and consciously disappear)

Smugger would be the first one in the lifeboats.

Even though the Titanic was a great tragedy, all of you crack me up with your hypothetical Duggar Titanic stories!!! :lol:

I hate to say this but Smuggar and Boob would get on lifeboats and probably John David wouldn't get on one and he would end up dying.

Smuggar would be on the second lifeboat. He'd need time to raid the pantry at the Cafe Parisian (no fast food back then :( ) and stuff his pockets with anything he could get his hands on.

Oh I agree. great tragedy the sinking of the Titanic but all are very funny.

I do wonder if through the confusion it would have been easy for a J'Slave to walk away get on a boat and never look back.

So true about Josh- He would have enjoyed the menu!

They'd all be dead because JB wouldn't pay more than the steerage rate and none of the steerage passengers survivied......

Guest Anonymous
Oh I agree. great tragedy the sinking of the Titanic but all are very funny.

I do wonder if through the confusion it would have been easy for a J'Slave to walk away get on a boat and never look back.

So true about Josh- He would have enjoyed the menu!

The J'Slaves could, if they had the guts, do what Kate Winslet's character did, and melt into the crowd by assuming the surname of a deceased passenger.

Since it was 1912 Michelle probably would have died when she had pre-eclampsia the first time with the twins so it would have just been Josh with his family and Jimbob on the ship. Josh would have been raiding food for the boat trip since he might get peckish while Jimbob tried to talk his way on board a lifeboat. Anna would sadly be waiting for Josh because he told her to wait. I guess I might be being too morbid but the entire clan would have died.

I think even if they were in third class-I don't think they would have been because they would not have wanted the children, esp the girls to mix with immigrants, rougher sorts, etc. that much-in a family of 20 or so at least a few of the women and the children they would have been carrying would have made it up on deck.

John David's the trained firefighter, right? I would hope his first responder training would overrule the natural instinct to save oneself and he'd be on deck helping people evacuate and would end up drowning after the last lifeboat is gone.

ETA: not wishing him dead, but first responders usually put the rescue ahead of personal safety, and in a Titanic situation, that's a death sentence.

Archived