IGNORED

If the Duggars were on the Titanic...

homeschoolmomma1

They would have found some organization to send them first class. Smuggar would be hauling ass toward the first lifeboat, along with his male child, leaving Anna to struggle with Mackynzie and all of the crap he swears they need to bring. J'Chelle would be in a lifeboat preaching to every other woman there. Jim Boob would finally pick up a few kids and use them to get onto a lifeboat. Several of the J'slaves would pull a Rose, and quietly hide amongst the survivors. The not-so-manly and the more "spirited" children would be left behind, to be mourned in public, thus giving attention to J'Chelle's famewhoring side, and fulfilling a mighty purpose.

If they were on the Titanic they all would be dead. Duggar time puts them 30 minutes late for everything, including loading of the lifeboats.

Josh would be busy instagraming everything, leaving Anna to manage Mack & Mikey by herself. I can totally see JB with one of his "Guys, listen up!" speeches. He'd be telling the girls to hold hands with their buddies, and how to get in the lifeboats (like when he was telling them how to get on the subway). Meanwhile, the unwashed masses would pour past them onto the lifeboats and they'd be confused why people were so rude as to go past them, and not save seats for the oh-so-godly Duggars. Michelle would walk past all of them, with her cup of coffee in her hand, and climb into the last spot. She'd wave cheerfully as the lifeboat was lowered into the water. The howlers would have fun sliding around on the tilting deck, and the girls would keep sweet til the bitter end.

Josh would be busy instagraming everything, leaving Anna to manage Mack & Mikey by herself. I can totally see JB with one of his "Guys, listen up!" speeches. He'd be telling the girls to hold hands with their buddies, and how to get in the lifeboats (like when he was telling them how to get on the subway). Meanwhile, the unwashed masses would pour past them onto the lifeboats and they'd be confused why people were so rude as to go past them, and not save seats for the oh-so-godly Duggars. Michelle would walk past all of them, with her cup of coffee in her hand, and climb into the last spot. She'd wave cheerfully as the lifeboat was lowered into the water. The howlers would have fun sliding around on the tilting deck, and the girls would keep sweet til the bitter end.

All true. Boob would have bought his way on to a boat (asking for a discount from the officer he was paying off because the seats should be cheaper by the dozen), Josh would have stolen a shawl off a woman to disguise his gender, and Michelle would be cheerfully waving goodbye to JD, Joe, and Josiah as they stood at the rail and watched the last lifeboat get lowered.

Guest Anonymous

Michelle, Jessa and Jinger would blithely step on to a lifeboat, brandishing their Starbucks cups and unseen by their family. They would wave obliviously to their family as the lifeboat pulled away.

JB would corral the Howlers into an impromptu broomball game and almost all would drown after failing to notice the lifeboats filling up and leaving. The sole survivor in this group would be Jason, who would flip his mother the bird after boarding another lifeboat.

Jill would drown while wringing her hands and trying to call JB and the Howlers to order.

Josh would elbow his way onto a lifeboat, possibly with Michael in tow, while covering his face to disguise his gender and identity.

Anna would be left to wrestle herself and Kynzie onto a lifeboat. They would make it, just barely, and Anna would file for divorce on grounds of abandonment when they reached shore.

Jana, Joy, Josiah, Jed, Jer, Hannie and Jackson would escape, then pull a Kate Winslet and blend into the crowd by assuming the surnames of deceased passengers.

Jenny, Josie and Jordyn would be rescued by kind strangers, who would then adopt them all after it became apparent that they could only identify themselves by their first, not last name.

Jim Bob first.

Others second.

Yourself dead.

Just kidding. But I do think JB and Michelle would be chilling in the first lifeboat, no Precious Josie in sight, while the J'slaves rounded up all their little buddies/died.

If they were lucky enough to be on the side of the boat that let men onto the lifeboats, I'm sure JB would happily shove his sons (especially poor Josiah) aside to get his place, and Josh would too, if he hadn't pulled off some other disguise by then. The littles would be left to wander, I'm sure -- I can just visualize poor Jordyn lost in the chaos, though in my vision she is happily scooped up by strangers and ferried to safety. I'm sure Joy would pull a Kate Winslet without a second thought -- possibly Hannie, too, dragging Jackson along with her. Michelle would be on one of the first lifeboats, smiling beatifically, and then would spend the rest of her life writing about the tragedy of losing all of her children and how she was such a godly mother to them to the very last minute, until she was practically forced to get onto the last lifeboat without them. Well, someone has to teach the world how to grieve a naval tragedy. Other survivors would point out the lie, and Edwardians would buy all her books for the rubbernecking "Crazy Lady of the Titanic" factor, and she (and possibly JB) would be featured in a deleted scene in the movie in which they are made to look even more awful than they really were.

(Unfortunately, any of the boys that survived then had WWI to look forward to. On the bright side, some of the girls would probably grow up to be liberated flappers and suffragettes.)

Guest Anonymous
If they were lucky enough to be on the side of the boat that let men onto the lifeboats, I'm sure JB would happily shove his sons (especially poor Josiah) aside to get his place, and Josh would too, if he hadn't pulled off some other disguise by then. The littles would be left to wander, I'm sure -- I can just visualize poor Jordyn lost in the chaos, though in my vision she is happily scooped up by strangers and ferried to safety. I'm sure Joy would pull a Kate Winslet without a second thought -- possibly Hannie, too, dragging Jackson along with her. Michelle would be on one of the first lifeboats, smiling beatifically, and then would spend the rest of her life writing about the tragedy of losing all of her children and how she was such a godly mother to them to the very last minute, until she was practically forced to get onto the last lifeboat without them. Well, someone has to teach the world how to grieve a naval tragedy. Other survivors would point out the lie, and Edwardians would buy all her books for the rubbernecking "Crazy Lady of the Titanic" factor, and she (and possibly JB) would be featured in a deleted scene in the movie in which they are made to look even more awful than they really were.

(Unfortunately, any of the boys that survived then had WWI to look forward to. On the bright side, some of the girls would probably grow up to be liberated flappers and suffragettes.)

And in the interest of historical accurary, she could always look to Doug Phillips for technical advice.

John David's the trained firefighter, right? I would hope his first responder training would overrule the natural instinct to save oneself and he'd be on deck helping people evacuate and would end up drowning after the last lifeboat is gone.

ETA: not wishing him dead, but first responders usually put the rescue ahead of personal safety, and in a Titanic situation, that's a death sentence.

Not nessecRilly true. look at Lightoller, Pitman, Boxhall and Lowe, who all survived and yet they still put others safety ahead of their own.

Josh would push and shove his way onto a lifeboat (without Anna and the kids), but the other people on the lifeboat would throw him overboard because he'd be dead weight, refusing to row, sinking the boat.

Princess Michelle would ask for a "private lifeboat" because she would be pregnant and therefore entitled to it. Jim Bob would join her on the private lifeboat and row as she ate crackers and dehydrated cheese from the provisions box.

The rest of the kids would be instructed by JB + M to get on two lifeboats: one for the boys, one for the girls (just like their bedrooms). JD would help everyone else get on the boats and die in the process. Jessa would charm a rich passenger and get onto his boat.

Jill would encourage the kids to take out their violins and join the orchestra in its rendition of "Nearer My God to Thee" before boarding the boats. The screeching from the Duggars' instruments would be so bad that several of the orchestra players would jump ship.

I love this thread so much. I passed it by several times before it dawned on me that this would be AWESOME to imagine.

The J'Slaves could, if they had the guts, do what Kate Winslet's character did, and melt into the crowd by assuming the surname of a deceased passenger.

Did Rose really do that? I haven't seen the movie for years, but I don't remember that at all.

I love this thread so much. I passed it by several times before it dawned on me that this would be AWESOME to imagine.

Did Rose really do that? I haven't seen the movie for years, but I don't remember that at all.

Sort of, she didn't assume the name of a deceased passenger, she gave her name as Rose Dawson, which was Jack's last name. The false name enabled her to go out and do what she wanted to do, and Rose DeWitt Bukater (her real name) was listed as dead when the Titanic sunk.*

I like the idea that some of the kids would use the confusion of the disaster to escape their Duggar lives and live on as other people.

*Please don't label me a Titanic freak, I had to use imdb to get some of the names. Didn't care for the love story, but enjoyed the real Titanic footage and the sinking re-enactment.

Okay, I'm inspired now.

Jim Bob would try to say that God would watch over them, but in the end be one of the men tossing random children into lifeboats. He will assume the kids are his own, but they aren't. he just can't keep track. He would meet his doom in the water.

Michelle would worm her way into the first lifeboat with shouts of "I'm pregnant!".

josh would Pull a Joughin (AKA Stupid Genius) Act, but with all the stupid and none of the genius. He would guzzle a lot of sea water, cause it tastes like Fries to him, and pass out from the salty to drown.

Jana would be like, Fuck this, I'm out. She would jump into the nearest lifeboat, dragging Princess Josie behind her, and never tell anyone her true identity.

John David and Joseph would go down with the ship while working to save as many people as possible. Joseph would freeze while JD would balance on Collapsible B under 2nd officer Lightoller's command until morning.

Jill would start to cry until JJ Astor would help her into one of the boats, She would live with Jana until she feels ready to move out on her own.

Jessa would reenact Cameron's love story, the first class man she fell in love with dying while she is pulled out of the water heartbroken.

Jinger would try to help her family until she just gives up, diving into a lifeboat to become a suffragist.

Josiah and Joy would jump off the ship hand in hand and swim to the nearest lifeboat.

Jed and Jer would get into one of Murdochs boats, along with Justin and James. They would all be drafted and become war heros.

Jason would do a backflip off the ship and land in one of the boats, to later become a major Scientist and cure cancer.

Jackson and Johannah would stay together and get into the Collapsible C. Hannie would become and actress and Jackson would become a director, both to work among some of the greatest film stars in the world.

Jennifer would be lost in the crowd, picked up by a good Samaritan and placed in the boat! To be sent to an orphanage and later adopted by a kindly family.

Jordyn would Have become friends with the Laroche and Navratil children, as in my mind the Duggars were 2nd class, and be loaded into a boat to be claimed by a young woman as her own.

Anna would have been lost without Smuggly and Mack and Mike would have been thrown into a boat while her fat oaf of a husband kills himself and hereby her by stuffing his raccoon- hit- by-truck like face with seawater.

THE END

I hate to kill people.

Jana, Joy, Josiah, Jed, Jer, Hannie and Jackson would escape, then pull a Kate Winslet and blend into the crowd by assuming the surnames of deceased passengers.

Jenny, Josie and Jordyn would be rescued by kind strangers, who would then adopt them all after it became apparent that they could only identify themselves by their first, not last name.

Minor corrections here. :D No way would Jill leave Jenny to be rescued by kind strangers. She is a much better mother than that. She'd have Jenny in her arms and she'd find a spot for her in a lifeboat and would sacrifice herself to do so. And Jana would save Josie-I don't know her official buddy, but Jana is the de facto buddy.

The most important fact we need to have before answering the question of what if the Duggars were on the Titanic is: Is there a film crew accompanying the family? That is a game changer!

Smugs would definitely be mowing down women and children left and right in his quest for a lifeboat. J'chelle would leave it to the J'Slaves to see themselves and the children to a boat.

I'd like to imagine that Boob would meet the fate of "propeller guy" from James Cameron's Titanic. :whistle:

QFT.

Boob and J'Chelle would totally say, "OK, everyone, make sure you have your buddies!" Then J'Chelle would turn to Boob and say in her baby voice "And we're each other's buddy!" and together the two of them would swan off to their lifeboat, where Boob would smarm his way on board, whilst the JSlaves (Jana and Jill) would still be wrangling howlers on deck.

Josh would definitely take Michael and then whine that he's all Michael has, whilst Anna and Kynzie meanwhile get on a lifeboat on the other side of the ship.

JD and Joseph would nobly go down with the ship, but Joy would lend 'Siah some of her clothes to get him onto a lifeboat. At the other end of the ordeal, they would assume new names and start a new life in New York.

Pot luck as to which of the JSlaves and their respective buddies get into the lifeboats.

Boob and J'Chelle would totally say, "OK, everyone, make sure you have your buddies!" Then J'Chelle would turn to Boob and say in her baby voice "And we're each other's buddy!" and together the two of them would swan off to their lifeboat, where Boob would smarm his way on board, whilst the JSlaves (Jana and Jill) would still be wrangling howlers on deck.

Yes!

This thread is the best. I'm going through it and reading everything, and some of it had me laughing out loud (Josh drinking the salt water because it tastes like fries...)

I wonder if the Duggars can even watch Titanic- I mean there is that sex scene and the boobs- nevermind I answered my own thought haha

I can picture Josh standing in a lifeboat, serenading the ppl left on the sinking ship with 'Amazing Grace" or something similarly inspirational.

I can picture Josh standing in a lifeboat, serenading the ppl left on the sinking ship with 'Amazing Grace" or something similarly inspirational.

Or throwing audio Bible gadgets their way, because that's what'll really save them.

I went to the movie today and thought of the Duggars haha. I still think they would have tried to get on First or second class.

Archived