IGNORED

Titanic: Doug Really Likes the Titanic!

twin2

As a Titanic expert, this man makes me SO mad.

Right now I'm really really hoping you are actually Robert Ballard on the other side of the screen. :D

Off and on in my life I've had periods of Titanic obsession. I've been to the Harland and Wolff shipyards in Belfast (you can take Titanic cruises there...ummm, nothx :? ). I'll be in the UK over the 100 anniversary...it's a coincidence, but I'll be in Edinburgh that day instead of Southhampton.

Has anyone seen the April National Geographic? It's a 100 anniversary of Titanic edition. James Cameron is actually still very involved with exploration of the ship and has done a few expeditions to explore the interior. He brought back some amazing photos of the Turkish baths and Isidor Strauss' cabin.

Apparently Cameron hosted a conference with the top Titanic experts to discuss the breaking apart of the ship as it went down and the author brought up a point I'd never given much thought to, but it reinforces the horror experienced by the victims. They said undoubtedly there were still living people trapped in the stern as it went barreling into the depths (air pockets trapped inside nearly imploded the stern). Imagine the horror of being stuck inside the stern, hearing the twisted metal screeching and the pressure building just before you died.

Over a thousand people died in a very horrific manner that night, either from drowning, the cold, or being crushed to death by millions of gallons of water. The survivors were haunted by the screams of those who survived the sinking, only to die in the frigid water.

I'm sorry Dougie, but this is not fun, celebratory stuff. This is as grim as it gets and you are desecrating the dead. If you want a flipping costume party in Edwardian clothes find a way for VF to spin Downton Abbey. Just leave the Titanic alone.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet baby Jesus, Capt. Dougie tweets:

Katy Perry is wrong and the Men of Titanic were right, says Doug Phillips: This local church choir girl turned... http://fb.me/15X2SexfF

Because I know everyone is dying to know why:

Katy Perry is wrong and the Men of Titanic were right, says Doug Phillips: This local church choir girl turned social rebel is now telling the girls of America in her latest video that the women should hit the front lines of combat as marines. The men of the Titanic realized that women are to be protected by men. Come to Titanic 100 and help us to remind the next generation the principle of "women and children first." http://www.visionforumministries.org

ETA: **Doug Phillips is a tool**

Because I know everyone is dying to know why:

What do I need to be protected from? I think I can stand pretty well on my own, mmmkay? Looks like even Beall could stand her own ground, just saying'.

It's amazing how firmly and consistently he proves that he is, indeed, a tool.

Stay the course, Doug! :lol:

It's amazing how firmly and consistently he proves that he is, indeed, a tool.

Stay the course, Doug! :lol:

Captain Dougie defies the laws of physics.He is a perpetual motion machine for toolness.

**Doug Phillips is a tool** :music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

ETA: ZOMG I we have a tool smilie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm sorry Dougie, but this is not fun, celebratory stuff. This is as grim as it gets and you are desecrating the dead. If you want a flipping costume party in Edwardian clothes find a way for VF to spin Downton Abbey. Just leave the Titanic alone."

Ha! I'm sure that Doug sees himself as Lord Grantham!

Don't know if this has been discussed here yet - Dougie has a new entry on his blog, full of his very own "Titanic Numbers Game" stats, and the shocking news that James Cameron's movie "Titanic" "won a ringing endorsement from Jiang Zemin, President of Communist China." Not surprisingly, the post ends with yet another in a seemingly endless series of pleas for more sheeple to pony up the bucks ($149 a pop) to play Dressup With Dougie and Tea With Be-all.

*click* Oh, GROSS.

"While a first class parlor suite was only accessible to the super wealthy at £870 (more than $50,000 in today’s terms), a first class ticket in the berth could be had for as little as £30 — a steep price for the poorest on board, but not unattainable for the more resourceful in the lower classes."

Right like clockwork, there it is: "You only died because you weren't RESOURCEFUL enough!!"

Doug, take your costume closet and piss right off.

How long before Dougie celebrates 9/11?

Heh. I can just imagine it now. It's got all the ingredients.

• Nifty fireman[1] costumes for Dougie and the interns to wear

Dress one of his younger boys up in an oversized fireman's costume so he can be the young kid idolizing his heroic father, saluting even (tears? jerked)

Evil Mooslims did it, because they hate our freedoms - freedoms founded on Biblical law by the original Protestant colonists (cue references to Jamestown 400)

Heroism all OVER the place, dashing up the stairs but knowing it was okay because they trusted Jesus

Sermons about how death can come at any time, better make sure you're saved ("where will you go when you die?")

Possible apocryphal stories of the "last call home" from various victims who indeed talk about how they trusted Jesus at the end

Endless gauzy shots of that cross-shaped beam remaining after the building fell

Endless gauzy shots of flags

I'm sure there's more. Of course child-size versions of the fireman costumes will be for sale in the Vision Forum catalog, showing one of the Phillips sons rescuing a daughter, who has her adoring eyes on her heroic brother.

[1] Yes, firemen. Gurlz emphatically Not Allowed.

Heh. I can just imagine it now. It's got all the ingredients.

• Nifty fireman[1] costumes for Dougie and the interns to wear

Dress one of his younger boys up in an oversized fireman's costume so he can be the young kid idolizing his heroic father, saluting even (tears? jerked)

Evil Mooslims did it, because they hate our freedoms - freedoms founded on Biblical law by the original Protestant colonists (cue references to Jamestown 400)

Heroism all OVER the place, dashing up the stairs but knowing it was okay because they trusted Jesus

Sermons about how death can come at any time, better make sure you're saved ("where will you go when you die?")

Possible apocryphal stories of the "last call home" from various victims who indeed talk about how they trusted Jesus at the end

Endless gauzy shots of that cross-shaped beam remaining after the building fell

Endless gauzy shots of flags

I'm sure there's more. Of course child-size versions of the fireman costumes will be for sale in the Vision Forum catalog, showing one of the Phillips sons rescuing a daughter, who has her adoring eyes on her heroic brother.

[1] Yes, firemen. Gurlz emphatically Not Allowed.

Or a high flying hedge fund manager in a Zegna suit.

So, this may just be influenced by the fact that I visit FJ constantly, but if you type "Doug Phillips is" into google on my machine, it auto-finishes to "Doug Phillips is a tool" :lol: :lol: :lol:

It also includes 4+ threads from Free Jinger, so...keep up the good work!

So, this may just be influenced by the fact that I visit FJ constantly, but if you type "Doug Phillips is" into google on my machine, it auto-finishes to "Doug Phillips is a tool" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the reminder. Doug Phillips is a tool.

Ha Ha Ha mine does too! I'll have to try it from my work computer on Monday, since that has never seen FJ.

Just to help the google[bot] out a bit:

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

Cpt. Dougies latest tweet:

Titanic 100 Poll: Do you believe it is wrong to place women in combat? Yes or no?

Why does Cpt. Dougie spend so much time fixating on women in the military? It is not like he would let any of his children, male or female, serve and WTF does it have to do with the Titanic?

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

I don't think Dougie is a veteran. I asked which branch he served in to see if he'd answer. And assuming he'd say no I'd ask him why not.

That just proves part of his callousness in his "play war". Only part though. I've never served in the military, but unlike Dougie, I'm not ignorant of the sacrifices those in the military make. With grandparents who were in the Korean war and relatives who served in WWII and one first cousin who served in Saudi Arabia in the current war (home now and okay), it's impossible to be ignorant. Dougie lacks awareness and empathy. Anyone who celebrates a tragedy with a dress-up tea party on a boat ride is not right. He's...I can't even think of a word here to describe Dougie and his unawareness.

2z8oye1.jpg

WILD APPLAUSE!!!

doug phillips is a tool

ETA: I'm comforted to know that when you type in Doug Phillips, two of the things that pop up are 'doug phillips cult' and 'doug phillips racist'

I went to the VF Facebook page and Dougie fanbois and fangoils make me sick. It was all I could do to keep myself from writing something like, "Doug, is there a particular reason why you're celebrating death and destruction? Is there a particular reason why you're lying about 'women and children first?'" I clicked the window closed because I was building up a pretty heavy raeg head.

*Doug Phillips is a tool*

Doug couldn't make it in the military, he doesn't have what it takes. Besides, he might have to take orders from the wimmin.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

That Discovery Channel documentary someone posted way upthread was AWESOME.

Doug Phillips, however, is a tool.

Right now I'm really really hoping you are actually Robert Ballard on the other side of the screen. :D

Off and on in my life I've had periods of Titanic obsession. I've been to the Harland and Wolff shipyards in Belfast (you can take Titanic cruises there...ummm, nothx :? ). I'll be in the UK over the 100 anniversary...it's a coincidence, but I'll be in Edinburgh that day instead of Southhampton.

Has anyone seen the April National Geographic? It's a 100 anniversary of Titanic edition. James Cameron is actually still very involved with exploration of the ship and has done a few expeditions to explore the interior. He brought back some amazing photos of the Turkish baths and Isidor Strauss' cabin.

Apparently Cameron hosted a conference with the top Titanic experts to discuss the breaking apart of the ship as it went down and the author brought up a point I'd never given much thought to, but it reinforces the horror experienced by the victims. They said undoubtedly there were still living people trapped in the stern as it went barreling into the depths (air pockets trapped inside nearly imploded the stern). Imagine the horror of being stuck inside the stern, hearing the twisted metal screeching and the pressure building just before you died.

Over a thousand people died in a very horrific manner that night, either from drowning, the cold, or being crushed to death by millions of gallons of water. The survivors were haunted by the screams of those who survived the sinking, only to die in the frigid water.

I'm sorry Dougie, but this is not fun, celebratory stuff. This is as grim as it gets and you are desecrating the dead. If you want a flipping costume party in Edwardian clothes find a way for VF to spin Downton Abbey. Just leave the Titanic alone.

Sorry, no Ballard here! Unless Robert Ballard dreams of riding purple cactuses and was married to his dog for 6 months.

Yes, Cameron still is VERY active in Titanic research, and has gotten some pretty amazing stuff captured down there. The fact of people being alive asit went down is news to me, I suppose I always assumed that the water would have drowned everyone under by then...

That sounds horrible, and I must agree with everyone when I say that Doug Zphillips is a freakin tool.

fly0ls.jpg

Also, Doug Phillips is a tool.

Which of Doug Phillips is tool daughters is this?

Oh and Doug Phillips is a closeted tool.

Oh and Doug Phillips is a closeted tool.

The tool closet at Chez Phillips must truly be something to behold...

Can I just state bluntly that what Doug is doing here is sick and twisted?

The Titanic tragedy is not to be celebrated with rah-rah celebrations of the mens and tea parties for the wimmins. It's a time for remembering how human hubris led to a terrible disaster.

*Doug Phillips is a tool.*

Archived