IGNORED

Titanic: Doug Really Likes the Titanic!

twin2

Captain Dougie issued a press release about VF's celebration of the sinking of the Titanic (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/). As is Dougie's MO, it is full of fail. I'll hit the lowhighlights.

As the world pauses this April to remember the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, one group will gather to celebrate the sacrifice of the men and boys on board the ship who gave their lives so women and children might live.

Hai World, ur doin itz wrongz. Signed: Dougie

Titanic 100: An International Centennial Event will be held on April 13-15 in Branson, Missouri, and is unique as an anniversary commemoration in focusing on the Christian doctrine of “women and children firstâ€

Hey biblical scholars help a tired girlfriend out here, where in the Bible does it talk about women and children first?

Sponsored by Vision Forum Ministries and the Christian Boy’s and Men’s Titanic Society, Titanic 100 will feature living history presentations, dramatic performances, live music of the 1912 era, stirring messages, costume events, an anniversary banquet riverboat cruise

Let me put this through my Dougie translator.........Output: "Yippee!!! Me and the interns get to play dress up and act like heros!!"

Next to Noah’s Ark, no other ship in history has captured the imagination of more people than the R.M.S. Titanic,

No, Dougie, no one needs to imagine the Titanic, it really existed.

“Yet most people today ‘miss the boat’ when it comes to understanding the most important legacy from Titanic: the heroic examples of manly sacrifice displayed during the ship’s demise, as men and boys stepped aside to let women and children board the ship’s handful of lifeboats.

Oh Dougie who do you think your kidding? We all know you would have been the first one in the lifeboat.

“Regrettably, popular books and films such as James Cameron’s box-office smash have portrayed a false image of Marxist class-warfare as Titanic foundered, with the rich seeking to bribe their way to freedom, the poor deliberately prevented from reaching safety, and the nobility of Christian sacrifice minimized and ridiculed,

Oh, Dougie Fuck off.

Titanic 100 is an international event designed to set the record straight by celebrating the true legacy of the men of Titanic who gave their lives for women and children.â€

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, do they only have one boy?

Doug Phillips is a tool

Damn, where's my LIKE button?????

What gets me is the whole "let's celebrate a tragedy" attitude. Titanic today, holocaust tomorrow.

I am honestly surprised they haven't gone there yet. "Let's celebrate the brave Christians who helped hide the Jews." But not any that may have hidden homosexuals, cause, you know.

Dumbass. Sacrifice is not limited to men or Christians and he does not know what Marxism means. Quit making stupid jokes about the Titanic. And quit celebrating it.

Fucking tool.

Despite that percentage wise more first class men survived then third class children.

Edited to add the word percentage

What gets me is the whole "let's celebrate a tragedy" attitude. Titanic today, holocaust tomorrow.

I don't think so. First rule of VF, never celebrate anything that doesn't allow Capt. Dougie and to dress-up in a faboulous costume. My best guess, the explosion of the challenger (we will just ignore that woman who was on board, obviously that is just Marxist feminism).

Edited to add **Doug Phillips is a tool**

Let's see 144 first class women, 97% survival. 165 third class, 46% survival.

175 first class men, 33% survival. 462 third class, 16% survival

6 children first class, 83% survival. 79 third class, 34% survival

Yup, nothing at all is indicated by those numbers. Not saying Cameron had it historically accurate, but those were the times, women and children first only went so far.

He's ignoring some very important stats.

First, as a percentage of representation on board, more first class men survived (34%) than did third class children (only 31% survived). And out of 32 first and second class children on board, only one was lost. Contrast this with the fact that 55 of the 80 third class children perished.

63% of all first class passengers survived while only 25% of third class passengers made it.

So much for his bullshit about that "false image of Marxist class-warfare as Titanic foundered."

I don't think so. First rule of VF, never celebrate anything that doesn't allow Capt. Dougie and to dress-up in a faboulous costume. My best guess, the explosion of the challenger (we will just ignore that woman who was on board, obviously that is just Marxist feminism).

Edited to add **Doug Phillips is a tool**

Have they already celebrated Teddy Roosevelt and his rough riders in Cuba?

“Regrettably, popular books and films such as James Cameron’s box-office smash have portrayed a false image of Marxist class-warfare as Titanic foundered, with the rich seeking to bribe their way to freedom, the poor deliberately prevented from reaching safety, and the nobility of Christian sacrifice minimized and ridiculed,

James Cameron as a proponent of Marxist class warfare. Now I've seen everything.

The only reason the Titanic is well known (as opposed to all the many other ships that sank) is because an Astor, the Strauses, and other very rich people died that day. For example, 1800 US soldiers died when the USS Sultana exploded, but Sultana is nowhere near the household name Titanic is.

The surviving men from the first class were needed in the life boats to protect the women,of course. Manly men had to be there as leaders and to provide inspiration to everyone else to row hard, and quickly, away from the sinking ships.

Oh, do they only have one boy?

Doug Phillips is a tool

OT: Flora, every time I see your avatar I want to exclaim, "Oh Charles! I don't think an embryo parson should have a plane!" But no one in my vicinity would understand.

Have they already celebrated Teddy Roosevelt and his rough riders in Cuba?

Dougie dressing up in a fabulous costume--check

Lots of interns dressing up in fabulous costumes--check

Travel to an awesome place--check

Dougie riding astride a horse, with a sword, and a fake mustache--BONUS!!

Way to put a Christian spin on it--YES WE CAN!!

I think we have a winner here!!

OT: Flora, every time I see your avatar I want to exclaim, "Oh Charles! I don't think an embryo parson should have a plane!" But no one in my vicinity would understand.

:lol: That's why they invented Free Jinger!

I'm glad you like the new avatar. I was a bit regretful about letting Hugh Laurie in drag go, but I felt it was time for a change.

:lol: That's why they invented Free Jinger!

I'm glad you like the new avatar. I was a bit regretful about letting Hugh Laurie in drag go, but I felt it was time for a change.

Me three about your new avatar! I was so happy to see the movie version do that brilliant novel justice.

Does anyone think it's weird that he says men and BOYS saved women and CHILDREN? I mean, aren't boys.....children?

I understand that more first class passengers were saved than those in steerage and lower classes. However, I thought it was because the first class passengers were closer to the lifeboats and realized what was going on first due to their proximity to the crew and the open air? I don't think the loss of the Titanic had anything to do with the women and children first doctrine, nor did it have to do with any class warfare, it was a tragedy caused by poor emergency procedures and an ill prepared crew. People weren't trying to block the lower classes from coming up, but it was chaos and those below were forgotten. I dunno, I think the Titanic tragedy has been used for many purposes. Some see class warfare. Others see a bygone era where men were men and women were women. I see it as a tragedy that could have been prevented.

My understanding is the biggest tragedy with the Titanic was that so many of the first life boats were lowered and were not even half full, well, that and the big-assed iceberg.

Titanic is also a kids ride:

partyusa.com/titanic.htm

Titanic Adventure Slide

This event celebrates the epic movie that was almost never completed...the James Cameron classic...TITANIC! The highest grossing cinematic release ever. Measuring 33 feet in height and 50 feet in length, this awesome slide captures the feeling of the real giant. Adding to the realism of this ride are the famed triple screw propellers and rudder. One could almost believe the ship is sinking! Who will survive the slide down? This dual slide captures all the excitement of the famed ocean liner on itÕs maiden voyage

(there's a character instead of an apostrophe, but there's not supposed to be an apostrophe there)

There are many stories from third class survivors about gates being locked and passages being closed off by crew members so they could not reach the boat deck before most of the boats had launched. So yes, they were the furthest away from the deck, but there were alo very deliberate attempts made to keep them there.

The Titanic was a big clusterfuck because of a bunch of MEN making mistakes. The "women and children first" doctrine got a lot of people killed because one of the men in charge of life boats interpreted that as ONLY women and children, thus sent the boats down with lots of empty spots if there weren't any women near the boats. Dumbasses.

Archived