IGNORED

Another sneak peak..Duggars say goodbye.

sassyNoz47

The National Enquirer is not as bad as it used to be. They got sued pretty good by a few celebreties, so they do more reputable stuff now. Just off the top of my head, they broke the Scott Peterson/Amber Frey affair, OJ Simpson's Bruno Magli (sp?) shoes, John Edward's affair to Rielle Hunter.... just to name a few.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I found the chocolate petition people have mentioned (can't remember if it's on this thread or an earlier FJ thread from google). According to the zip codes, Sharon and Evelyn live about 2 km apart. Which places them in the same town, but not living together (at least at the time of the petition). Still, it's clear from Michelle's father's obituary that Evelyn isn't married. So I'm considering it highly plausible that Michelle has a gay sister.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I understand where you're coming from. I definitely don't support suggesting that any Duggar child (or young adult, if they are still living with JB and Jchelle) falls anywhere on the 'gay' spectrum.

ps. with respect, being gay is not a "preference". it's just who one is. my racial preference isn't white- i am white.

Sorry, I meant a different sexual preference than what their parents demand of them. I should know better by now than to take my tylenol pm and then hop on the computer. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Ok, I understand where you're coming from. I definitely don't support suggesting that any Duggar child (or young adult, if they are still living with JB and Jchelle) falls anywhere on the 'gay' spectrum.

ps. with respect, being gay is not a "preference". it's just who one is. my racial preference isn't white- i am white.

In any case, I was not trying to turn this into a debate about that. I was talking about searching for a thread somewhere along the lines of "Michelle's gay Sister". I just figured there would be one on here. I think it's inflammatory to suggest I "run away."

In any case, I was not trying to turn this into a debate about that. I was talking about searching for a thread somewhere along the lines of "Michelle's gay Sister". I just figured there would be one on here. I think it's inflammatory to suggest I "run away."

I meant run away if you were attempting to debate whether a duggar child is gay. It's been done and it never turns out pretty for whoever suggests it. How in the world is that inflamatory? I was trying to spare you the ass ripping you were about to receive.

I remember seeing this particular sister when they had the family reunion in Ohio. She pinged my gaydar before I heard anything about her; I live in an area with one of the one of the largest lesbian communities in the country, so it's not like I'm saying this out of left field. She's on the dyke-y side, but living in rural Ohio, I can see why her look would be more ambiguous, and her status possibly closeted.

[edited to remove the name]

Guest Anonymous

The National Enquirer is not as bad as it used to be. They got sued pretty good by a few celebreties, so they do more reputable stuff now. Just off the top of my head, they broke the Scott Peterson/Amber Frey affair, OJ Simpson's Bruno Magli (sp?) shoes, John Edward's affair to Rielle Hunter.... just to name a few.

I enjoy people who think the National Enquirer is real journalism. :doh:

I remember seeing Michelle's sister Evelyn when they had the family reunion in Ohio. She pinged my gaydar before I heard anything about her; I live in an area with one of the one of the largest lesbian communities in the country, so it's not like I'm saying this out of left field. She's on the dyke-y side, but living in rural Ohio, I can see why her look would be more ambiguous, and her status possibly closeted.

Its got to be tough for her being a sister of the #1 telefundy in the US and still living her circumspect life. Not at all the Ruby Fruit Jungle.

I enjoy people who think the National Enquirer is real journalism. :doh:

As opposed to what? Fox News? The Wall Street Journal? They have broken stories (granted, they usually concern celebreties) that other publications haven't/won't. Wasn't a reward offered by the NE and that's how Bill Cosby's son's killer was caught?

I consider myself knowledge about 19 Kids and Counting, I knew Michelle was the youngest but knew nothing else about her siblings.

If Michelle's sister is openly gay, they why would the Duggars have a problem with JC Penney and Ellen Degeneres? Why the thing about no homosexuals on the TLC crew?

Is it possible that Michelle's sister is gay, but the Duggars just pretend otherwise? That way, they can preach teh ebil gay to their kids without cutting them off from an aunt?

I meant run away if you were attempting to debate whether a duggar child is gay. It's been done and it never turns out pretty for whoever suggests it. How in the world is that inflamatory? I was trying to spare you the ass ripping you were about to receive.

I thought it was your way of telling me to STFU, but I guess that is not the case, so all's well that ends well?

It still doesn't tell us whether Michelle's sister is gay tho. I had read about it on NLQ, but ofc it's from NE. I would be more interested to hear an interview from the sister. If she is, at least Michelle is not on an active crusade (that I know of) against the gays the way she is against abortion rights.

I seriously doubt the kids know about the sister's orientation (and I'm pretty convinced she's gay). However, as both experiencedd and I have pointed out, living where she does, with the sister she has does, and given her age, she probably does not want to fight it out. Michelle has all the power in that family; it's just best for the sister to quietly live her life and decline interviews.

About all I've heard from Boob/Mullet re: LGBTQ society is the canned "love the sinner..." line. Dick Cheney had that relationship with his daughter for YEARS before softening his stance on gay marriage to at least support civil unions. Liz Cheney and other gay Republicans confuse me...total oxymoron. I can't imagine what the Duggars would do if the sister forced the issue. Would the kids start holding signs at rallies like the Westboro bunch?

Let's just keep the gay off of the Duggars' radar. Granted, Mullet probably never lived with, or was close to, this sister, but it's probably best not to remind Smuggar or Famy that she exists.

edited to remove any trace of the sister's identity to uphold the integrity of my own post. :doh:

Digger, if your not up the duggars asses like we are :lol: :roll: then why is your picture of baby Jordyn? :whistle:

The only things you ever like to talk about are the Duggars.

I still think Michelle's sister (the gay one) is so lovely and young looking. She looks like a real sweetheart and I hope the kids get to have her in their lives. I know looks can be decieving as my late grandmother looked like the perfect sweetheart grandmother until you spent 2 minutes with her and found out she was a 2 faced back stabbing bitch who was out to hurt you every way she could. But being that gay sister ( to keep the name under wraps) is 7 years older than Michelle, she looks 10-15 years younger than Michelle.

The sister is older than that. I think Michelle's closest sibling is a brother (the one who stayed in AR, hence the "other" cousins they've had on the show on occasion) is at least 8 years older than she. The sister in question looked to be in her late 50's/early 60's - no way she was in her early 50's - and we already know that Michelle's oldest sibling is 22 years older than she. That sister is the one who had her first baby around the time Michelle was born and was featured with her husband visiting the Duggars in either a very early episode, before the reunion, or one of the specials.

I suspect Michelle has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regards to her sister and her lifestyle.

She was the youngest, and was mothered/spoiled/doted on by her older sisters, which partially explains why she has no problem pawning off her babies on her own daughters. If she had been the oldest, she'd probably have a very different attitude.

All right guys, sorry to derail the thread, but I'm going to teach our good old friend Digger how to get to and use Google!

All right Digger, you ready? First, go to that bar that's on the top of the screen. Click it. It should highlight. Don't worry, that's perfectly normal. Now, hit backspace. It should be above the forward slash key. Now, type in www.google.com. You still with me, Digger? Now, I know this may take you a while, but I can wait. After that's done, you should be at the Google homepage. Click the search bar. You have to use your mouse again, Digger. You know where that is, don't you? Now, once you hit the search bar, type in 'Michelle Duggar's Gay Sister'. The apostrophes are not needed. You following along? Now, you should come up with a page that has blue links. Click one.

Congratulations, Digger! You now know how to use Google!

I suspect Michelle has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regards to her sister and her lifestyle.

She was the youngest, and was mothered/spoiled/doted on by her older sisters, which partially explains why she has no problem pawning off her babies on her own daughters. If she had been the oldest, she'd probably have a very different attitude.

As Michelle herself has said, she only lived with the one brother for most of her childhood. She and her brother were obviously the "oops!" babies; the others had already moved out or were close to it when she was born. Some of the older ones never lived in AR at all and I think the sister in question is one of the older ones who was on her own (or close to it) by the time Michelle came around. IIRC, a couple of the older ones in HS chose to stay in Ohio with relatives to finish high school in familiar surroundings since they were so close to graduating, so while she was the youngest and coddled when she saw these siblings, it wasn't a regular thing.

I think this is why Michelle is so COLD with her kids. We never hear about her mother, who died when Michelle was what, 15 and we only saw her father when he was quite deep into Alzheimer's, so the only word we have about their relationship comes from Michelle, and we know how she can distort things to suit her worldview (see: gestation, Jubilee). All we know is that she wasn't raised in a religious home, so I can personally surmise that her father was probably mortified when the babies started coming without an end in sight. Grandbabies? Wonderful, but the reasoning behind WHY there were so many had to be troubling to a man who wasn't religious. To be honest, I don't buy that Boob's dad was all that religious either...there are plenty of happy marriages in which one spouse is fairly religious and the other not. I see Jimmy Lee in that light.

...we know is that she wasn't raised in a religious home, so I can personally surmise that her father was probably mortified when the babies started coming without an end in sight. Grandbabies? Wonderful, but the reasoning behind WHY there were so many had to be troubling to a man who wasn't religious. To be honest, I don't buy that Boob's dad was all that religious either...there are plenty of happy marriages in which one spouse is fairly religious and the other not. I see Jimmy Lee in that light.

There was an episode, before the birth of Jordyn, where Grandpa Duggar said right to the camera that he and "Michelle's daddy" had discussed the constant arrival of children went on to say that both he and Michelle's father thought it was not right and a terrible strain on Michelle's body. He also stated to the camera that he hoped that the current pregnancy [Jordyn] would be the last. He mentioned that he and grandma Duggar had only had 2 children because that was all they could handle. I'm sorry I don't remember the episode # or name, only that it was part of the "17 Kids and Counting" cycle. I remember being shocked at the time that they actually aired a close family member's disapproval, with evidence that another family member also disapproved. Maybe JB did not have as much editorial control at the time. I remember really liking Grandpa Duggar for telling the truth and shaming the devil on that one.

As Michelle herself has said, she only lived with the one brother for most of her childhood. She and her brother were obviously the "oops!" babies; the others had already moved out or were close to it when she was born. Some of the older ones never lived in AR at all and I think the sister in question is one of the older ones who was on her own (or close to it) by the time Michelle came around. IIRC, a couple of the older ones in HS chose to stay in Ohio with relatives to finish high school in familiar surroundings since they were so close to graduating, so while she was the youngest and coddled when she saw these siblings, it wasn't a regular thing.

I think this is why Michelle is so COLD with her kids. We never hear about her mother, who died when Michelle was what, 15 and we only saw her father when he was quite deep into Alzheimer's, so the only word we have about their relationship comes from Michelle, and we know how she can distort things to suit her worldview (see: gestation, Jubilee). All we know is that she wasn't raised in a religious home, so I can personally surmise that her father was probably mortified when the babies started coming without an end in sight. Grandbabies? Wonderful, but the reasoning behind WHY there were so many had to be troubling to a man who wasn't religious. To be honest, I don't buy that Boob's dad was all that religious either...there are plenty of happy marriages in which one spouse is fairly religious and the other not. I see Jimmy Lee in that light.

So her mother died when she was 15? It is difficult at any age for any child to lose a mother. But at 15, I can see Michelle changing completely from a bubbly outgoing teenager into an introverted angry teenager for losing her mother. If she showed emotion or cared for someone, maybe she thought the person would die or disappear on her.

Perhaps what she needed was no Jim Bob but rather grief counseling when she was a teenager. Perhaps Michelle's father saw Jim Bob for the tool that he was, and that is why Jim Bob had to beg her father to let him marry her. But maybe Michelle's father acquiesced when he saw that she was happy for the first time since her mother passed.

So her mother died when she was 15? It is difficult at any age for any child to lose a mother. But at 15, I can see Michelle changing completely from a bubbly outgoing teenager into an introverted angry teenager for losing her mother. If she showed emotion or cared for someone, maybe she thought the person would die or disappear on her.

Perhaps what she needed was no Jim Bob but rather grief counseling when she was a teenager. Perhaps Michelle's father saw Jim Bob for the tool that he was, and that is why Jim Bob had to beg her father to let him marry her. But maybe Michelle's father acquiesced when he saw that she was happy for the first time since her mother passed.

Isn't that right around the time that she slept over at a friend's house and got saved? (That explains a lot.) I keep telling rabidly-atheist ex-Mr. Spragger that he is not going to have complete control over what mini-Spragger will choose to do. She could go sleep over to stay with a friend and come back on the road to being the next Michelle Duggar! It freaks me the fuck out, but what can you do?

Well,not quite.Ethel Ruark passed away when Michelle was in her 30's and already had 4 kids.I believe the story is Michelle became infatuated with Jim Bob (and his propaganda) she determined to marry him and being only a month or two from being 18 they just let her do it.

Well,not quite.Ethel Ruark passed away when Michelle was in her 30's and already had 4 kids.I believe the story is Michelle became infatuated with Jim Bob (and his propaganda) she determined to marry him and being only a month or two from being 18 they just let her do it.

Hey tabitha2, thanks for clearing that up.

Caught up on the last two episodes. The one was a total waste--a joint commercial for Arby's (Is j-b buying a franchise or something?) and for Ft Rock Camp.. Want to stuff both parents somewhere for going on and on about Joy becoming a young woman (and the unspoken words "at last). All girls don't like FLOWERS nimrod--some like dirt bikes and deer hunting. Live with it.

On the "Good Bye" Episode....Just WRONG. Parts, like telling the kids about the death, seemed totally phony and staged. Do I think JB/M sincerely grieved--yes, they ARE human. I think a few of the older girls took it hard too. Sad though, overwhelmingly sad, to see that tiny coffin (looked like a cufflink box) and tiny vault.

I can't believe there will be MORE episodes! Unless this event put a damper on some bigger, happier one like an courtship for John or Jana or something.

There was an episode, before the birth of Jordyn, where Grandpa Duggar said right to the camera that he and "Michelle's daddy" had discussed the constant arrival of children went on to say that both he and Michelle's father thought it was not right and a terrible strain on Michelle's body. He also stated to the camera that he hoped that the current pregnancy [Jordyn] would be the last. He mentioned that he and grandma Duggar had only had 2 children because that was all they could handle. I'm sorry I don't remember the episode # or name, only that it was part of the "17 Kids and Counting" cycle. I remember being shocked at the time that they actually aired a close family member's disapproval, with evidence that another family member also disapproved. Maybe JB did not have as much editorial control at the time. I remember really liking Grandpa Duggar for telling the truth and shaming the devil on that one.

It was in season 1, one of the episodes where the Bates came over. It was Jim Bob's dad, and I can't remember whether he was speaking for him or for Michelle's dad as well. But he definitely had such an outburst in season one.

Archived