IGNORED

Michael Pearl On Homosexuality

debrand

Michael says that the first homosexual act won't cause god to turn away from the person but eventually, being sinful will cause god to harden the individual's heart. I wonder why he makes the distinction about the first homosexual act?

He says Christians should be compassionate to homosexuals but they shouldn't fellowship with them.

He talks about a hardcore dyke(his words) who changes because of Pearl's words. The woman is cured and is still married with kids :roll:

Interesting... 1 act is forgiven. Skeleton in the Pearl closet? I think so!

*not that there's anything werong with being homosexual imo, but fundies would consider it a skeleton in the closet

Michael says that the first homosexual act won't cause god to turn away from the person but eventually, being sinful will cause god to harden the individual's heart. I wonder why he makes the distinction about the first homosexual act?

He says Christians should be compassionate to homosexuals but they shouldn't fellowship with them.

He talks about a hardcore dyke(his words) who changes because of Pearl's words. The woman is cured and is still married with kids :roll:

OK, so obviously everyone here (or at least I hope everyone!!) knows that homosexuality is NOT a choice, it's something that a person cannot change. However, I'm going to use fundie logic for a moment and say that it's a choice. People like MIcheal Pearl are supposed to want to help people become Christians and stop sinning and whatnot. How can they not fellowship with gays, and at the same time evangelize them?

OK, so obviously everyone here (or at least I hope everyone!!) knows that homosexuality is NOT a choice, it's something that a person cannot change. However, I'm going to use fundie logic for a moment and say that it's a choice. People like MIcheal Pearl are supposed to want to help people become Christians and stop sinning and whatnot. How can they not fellowship with gays, and at the same time evangelize them?

Ok, so I'm bisexual, so technically I have a choice, and I choose it A LOT b/c it's awesome. :banana-rainbow:

Ok, so I'm bisexual, so technically I have a choice, and I choose it A LOT b/c it's awesome. :banana-rainbow:

DIfferent kind of choice LOL :)

You much evangelize teh geyz from a distance of at least 500 feet, lest you catch the Homosecksus Verinea and are infected with Teh Geyz yourself. If you do get exposed you must be scrubbed down and quarantined. The first sign of infection is wanting long hair (for boys) or wearing pants (for girls) and warrants institutionalization. If caught early the Homosecksus Verinea infection can usually be treated effectively and the individual will have a full recovery. If treatment fails, the person is to remain in isolation for the remainder of their life so as to not infect other God Fearing Christians.

You much evangelize teh geyz from a distance of at least 500 feet, lest you catch the Homosecksus Verinea and are infected with Teh Geyz yourself. If you do get exposed you must be scrubbed down and quarantined. The first sign of infection is wanting long hair (for boys) or wearing pants (for girls) and warrants institutionalization. If caught early the Homosecksus Verinea infection can usually be treated effectively and the individual will have a full recovery. If treatment fails, the person is to remain in isolation for the remainder of their life so as to not infect other God Fearing Christians.

Also, no sex for 42 days.

DIfferent kind of choice LOL :)

Maybe, but if it were 100% a choice, say everybody hits 13 and they choose from a list, I would totally choose at least a part gay option. And if I had only the choice between 100% gay or 100% straight, I would choose 100% gay. Truthfully, I can't really say whether or not I was "born" bisexual, or if it just developed over time.

I mean, it's not like we are just all over here in our own country saying, well, we'd like to immigrate to Straightville, USA (somewhere in TN, I imagine), but we were born in Gaytown (This is in Canada)! If only we weren't born in Gaytown, Canada! *sigh*

And now I will get off my soapbox b/c I know it was not your point and I am not arguing or fighting, but I just can't help myself!!!

Maybe, but if it were 100% a choice, say everybody hits 13 and they choose from a list, I would totally choose at least a part gay option. And if I had only the choice between 100% gay or 100% straight, I would choose 100% gay. Truthfully, I can't really say whether or not I was "born" bisexual, or if it just developed over time.

I mean, it's not like we are just all over here in our own country saying, well, we'd like to immigrate to Straightville, USA (somewhere in TN, I imagine), but we were born in Gaytown (This is in Canada)! If only we weren't born in Gaytown, Canada! *sigh*

And now I will get off my soapbox b/c I know it was not your point and I am not arguing or fighting, but I just can't help myself!!!

I think of sexual attraction in terms of a spectrum. Some people are just naturally just attracted to the opposite gender. Some are just attracted to people of the same gender. Most people lie somewhere in between these two extremes.

Sunni, can I ask you a question? Homosexuality is a sin in Islam too. How do you reconcile that in your mind? Do you think that gay Muslims should abstain from a sexual relationship?

My guess on the whole "first act" thing is that well, it might just be a one-time kind of deal, maybe you won't do it again, because you were "experimenting."

Also, I always understood that Satan "hardens hearts," not God. Why would God harden someone's heart against him? That doesn't make any sense at all.

As for expecting to convert gays back to straightness but not "fellowshipping" (not a word!) with them... that's bullshit. Not very loving or Christian at all. What would Jesus do? He'd "fellowship" (which is NOT a verb) with them anyway. What? He did the same with tax collectors and prostitutes, who are much more of a problem for society than gay people.

That explains everything! I had too may gay guy friends in college! No wonder I'm bi!!! :lol:

I wonder why he makes the distinction about the first homosexual act?

Obviously, because he's had one.

But just one! :naughty:

That explains everything! I had too may gay guy friends in college! No wonder I'm bi!!! :lol:

Most of my adult friends who live in Utah are gay guy furries. I tent to lean more towards strait so I do not blame your gay friends for you being bi.

Sunni, can I ask you a question? Homosexuality is a sin in Islam too. How do you reconcile that in your mind? Do you think that gay Muslims should abstain from a sexual relationship?

Honestly, I don't think it's my business what people do in their bedrooms, so I have't thought about it too much.

Honestly, I don't think it's my business what people do in their bedrooms, so I have't thought about it too much.

:text-yeahthat: LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Now, if only we could get the rest of america to do this.

What I would like to know is how these fundies know what God wants, know His opinion on any given subject, and how they think God has time to be involved in their petty personal problems? Why did God bless us with a brain if we weren't to use it? It makes me see red that they pick and choose parts of the Bible, and their own translation of that part, to justify their outrageous beliefs and behavior. That is truly the height of ego/meglomania.

What I would like to know is how these fundies know what God wants, know His opinion on any given subject, and how they think God has time to be involved in their petty personal problems? Why did God bless us with a brain if we weren't to use it? It makes me see red that they pick and choose parts of the Bible, and their own translation of that part, to justify their outrageous beliefs and behavior. That is truly the height of ego/meglomania.

They also choose to take the bible verbatim until you get to the wine part. According to them, it was grape juice not wine :doh: .

Archived