IGNORED

Josh Duggar's Instagram (Part 2)

Alecto

I thought most people did know that?! I knew very little about the family before I came here (and the show is not on tv where I live, so never seen it) but all the articles I read mentioned it was Boob's car lot and Josh (who was unmarried at the time) helped out. Is it a secret or something?

People seem to think that Josh started the car lot, even though people who live in the area will tell them that the lot has been there for years. They point to it as an example of his success because he's so young and he started a business. Yeah, he's a regular entrepreneur... :roll:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought most people did know that?! I knew very little about the family before I came here (and the show is not on tv where I live, so never seen it) but all the articles I read mentioned it was Boob's car lot and Josh (who was unmarried at the time) helped out. Is it a secret or something?

It's not a "secret". JB&M have made it seem like Josh owns and runs the car lot when he really doesn't (as the records have shown). Michelle made a huge deal out of Josh being on his own once he got married and that hasn't been the case. He's been handed everything in life and he and his wife and two children would be on the streets without TLC and his family stepping in.

People seem to think that Josh started the car lot, even though people who live in the area will tell them that the lot has been there for years. They point to it as an example of his success because he's so young and he started a business. Yeah, he's a regular entrepreneur... :roll:

During that 20 years, 20 duggars episode Michelle said that Josh was the child who was a strong worker and had initiative. I have yet to see this (except when food is involved).

30b2d676951611e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

Smugs has made it to the mayor's prayer breakfast. I gotta say... looks like a fine bunch a folks. Very upskayle in that hotel ballroom with people wearing t shirts and all...

[ @ ] joshduggar Mayor's Prayer Breakfast #early 2h

[ @ ] mackenziegarner15 National Day of Prayer 2h

These are the comments on his other posting of the psalm.

[ @ ] joshduggar Reading Psalm 85 at prayer breakfast 2h

[ @ ] abbyrose0204 Hey, Josh. I am a big fan of 19 kids and counting. :) It has been my dream to meet your big family. I would love to talk to you or Anna anytime! Do you have a kik? You can kik me at AbbyRose0204. Thank you! 21min

[ @ ] abbyrose0204 I would simply be VERY HAPPY if you or Anna could talk to me :) 20min

AH, another leg humper... Really? Someone needs to remind smugly that it aint nice to post pics in "church."

It's not a "secret". JB&M have made it seem like Josh owns and runs the car lot when he really doesn't (as the records have shown). Michelle made a huge deal out of Josh being on his own once he got married and that hasn't been the case. He's been handed everything in life and he and his wife and two children would be on the streets without TLC and his family stepping in.

Josh will have to face reality once TLC is out of the picture. A lot of the leg humpers think that the Duggars will always have extreme wealth from the show. There was a leg humper on another message board that I use to post on, who once said that the "Duggars will make long term profits from the show and their books." I laughed at her. The DVD sales for the show are probably low.. The book sales numbers were decent, but those books will be not long term sellers. I can see them being out of print in a few years. The Duggars probably didn't do well with audio book sales. A lot of people will not pay to hear Mullet's baby voice. The Duggars have gained wealth from the show, but it hasn't been extreme wealth. I think Boob and Mullet will be ok once TLC is out of the picture. They probably have been socking away some of the TLC money. With Josh and Anna, it seems they are spending a lot of money.

The only thing that the Boob and Mullet have been honest about is that Josh lives in Mary's rental house. But there are some leg humpers that believe he owns the house.

Josh will have to face reality once TLC is out of the picture. A lot of the leg humpers think that the Duggars will always have extreme wealth from the show. There was a leg humper on another message board that I use to post on, who once said that the "Duggars will make long term profits from the show and their books." I laughed at her. The DVD sales for the show are probably low.. The book sales numbers were decent, but those books will be not long term sellers. I can see them being out of print in a few years. The Duggars probably didn't do well with audio book sales. A lot of people will not pay to hear Mullet's baby voice. The Duggars have gained wealth from the show, but it hasn't been extreme wealth. I think Boob and Mullet will be ok once TLC is out of the picture. They probably have been socking away some of the TLC money. With Josh and Anna, it seems they are spending a lot of money.

The only thing that the Boob and Mullet have been honest about is that Josh lives in Mary's rental house. But there are some leg humpers that believe he owns the house.

I just don's get why they aren't honest about it. I am in my 20s, almost done with college, and I still depend on my parents for a lot. I think the viewer would be able to connect with the family more if they openly admitted that they help their kids out like most parents do. I just feel sorry for Smuggar's two kids. I've made it a goal to bring my future children into a home where both parents are educated with well-paying jobs so that whatever need they have I can fulfill it (nice home, medical care, good schools). What is Smuggar going to do if his business folds? He has nothing to fall back on.

I just don's get why they aren't honest about it. I am in my 20s, almost done with college, and I still depend on my parents for a lot. I think the viewer would be able to connect with the family more if they openly admitted that they help their kids out like most parents do. I just feel sorry for Smuggar's two kids. I've made it a goal to bring my future children into a home where both parents are educated with well-paying jobs so that whatever need they have I can fulfill it (nice home, medical care, good schools). What is Smuggar going to do if his business folds? He has nothing to fall back on.

I remember on the wedding episode or one close to it that Michelle said that the kids were on their own financially after they moved out of the house. I think this says it all. They have to paint a picture that their eldest child is financially responsible in order to further their no debt agenda.

osh will have to face reality once TLC is out of the picture. A lot of the leg humpers think that the Duggars will always have extreme wealth from the show. There was a leg humper on another message board that I use to post on, who once said that the "Duggars will make long term profits from the show and their books." I laughed at her. The DVD sales for the show are probably low.. The book sales numbers were decent, but those books will be not long term sellers. I can see them being out of print in a few years. The Duggars probably didn't do well with audio book sales. A lot of people will not pay to hear Mullet's baby voice. The Duggars have gained wealth from the show, but it hasn't been extreme wealth. I think Boob and Mullet will be ok once TLC is out of the picture. They probably have been socking away some of the TLC money. With Josh and Anna, it seems they are spending a lot of money.

In ten years no one will know the Duggars even exist. They'll still be suck with a shitload of kids and no education to speak of. What a life.

I remember on the wedding episode or one close to it that Michelle said that the kids were on their own financially after they moved out of the house. I think this says it all. They have to paint a picture that their eldest child is financially responsible in order to further their no debt agenda.

Don't forget all the people who have young or teenage children and are barely keeping afloat financially. I'm sure it's very attractive to see a lifestyle that supposedly allows adult children to be completely financially independent, so those people wouldn't have to worry about not having the money to help out their own kids when they're grown.

Basically, QF (and especially the Duggars) is all about propaganda. Convincing vulnerable and unhappy people that if they just convert and follow XY and Z beliefs, their lives will be as idyllic as the Duggar parents' lives appear to be.

I agree, viewers would connect more with them if they were honest about helping Josh. I think most viewers would understand the situation, because a lot of parents help out their 20 something kids with college and career. But I think the Duggars have giant egos and they probably enjoy deceiving people into believing that Josh is completely supporting his family without their help. Anna also has nothing to fall back on. I believe it has been mentioned that her college degree came from an unaccredited Christian college. I don't think she has any work experience outside of helping out at the car lot. if Josh was to become disabled or unable to make any type of income, Anna would probably be asking for help from her in-laws and her own family.

30b2d676951611e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

Very high percentage of obese in that picture. Wonder if that's specific to that region of the country? A perception that others gain weight could be encouraging Smuggar and SmugAnna to be lax with their diet.

A lot of the leg humpers think that the Duggars will always have extreme wealth from the show. There was a leg humper on another message board that I use to post on, who once said that the "Duggars will make long term profits from the show and their books." I laughed at her. The DVD sales for the show are probably low.. The book sales numbers were decent, but those books will be not long term sellers. I can see them being out of print in a few years. The Duggars probably didn't do well with audio book sales. A lot of people will not pay to hear Mullet's baby voice. The Duggars have gained wealth from the show, but it hasn't been extreme wealth. I think Boob and Mullet will be ok once TLC is out of the picture. They probably have been socking away some of the TLC money. With Josh and Anna, it seems they are spending a lot of money.

Eating out as often as they do must cost a small fortune. Granted their rent is probably low and they have money from the show, but that will be ending sooner rather than later and it appears he's done little to ensure the car lot will be a long-term success. Residuals from the show in the future will be nominal at best and the overall interest in the family will disappear once most of the kids are in their teens and 20's. Jason is about 12 now, so that time is coming up fast. Josh should be working hard and saving and investing, not wasting time and money fiddling all day with the latest gadgets and eating at every restaurant that lands in his path.

Boob and Michelle no doubt have money and property socked away, but assuming one or both live another 40 years, unless they are extremely lucky in their investing, there is likely not going to be much left for each individual Duggar child. Even an estate worth 5 million bucks split 19 or 20 ways only comes to 250k for each kid. A nice supplement towards your retirement if have your own successful career and home, but hardly a fortune.

My own guess is that many of these kids will end up in poverty someday. No education, no professional vocational training and very limited life experiences add up to a tough existence, especially in an increasingly global economy. Some of the girls may end up okay if they marry guys who have their shit together, but I suspect most of the Duggar boys are in for a rough time.

Josh should be working hard and saving and investing, not wasting time and money fiddling all day with the latest gadgets and eating at every restaurant that lands in his path.

Exactly. What 24 year old father of two can afford to take a whole month off? Anyone who has their own business will tell you that you do not own a business- the business owns you. He has stated more than once that business is slow, so instead of working harder, he traipses around the country following Santorum, goes to a homeschool conference, and takes a month off ? Yeah, tell us you aren't being subsidized. The shiny new building and "fancy" lounge area aren't worth squat if you aren't selling vehicles. The whole thing is probably just a tax write-off for Jim Bob anyhow.

Ah, the leg-humpers. What a sorry bunch they are. He has over 1000 photos posted, and they feel compelled to ooh and aah over every one.

I've heard TLC reality shows don't have residuals in the contract. I don't think TLC has a big history of showing a lot of episodes of shows they've canceled either.

Reruns of TLC shows do occasionally on sister network channels. Discovery Fit&Health for awhile aired reruns of Little People, Big World and Little Parents Big Charlie. DFH also shows the older seasons of the Duggar show.

Does Joshie have a stalker? Some crazy broad keeps commenting that she wants to talk to Smugs and Anna.

During that 20 years, 20 duggars episode Michelle said that Josh was the child who was a strong worker and had initiative. I have yet to see this (except when food is involved).

If by "initiative", she meant "smugness", then OK. Are they going to set up a car lot for every boy? That's a lot of used car lots for a relatively small town.

Are they going to set up a car lot for every boy? That's a lot of used car lots for a relatively small town.

Towing for JD, Mechanic for Joe, Car Wash for Josiah, etc....then come the political careers.

Towing for JD, Mechanic for Joe, Car Wash for Josiah, etc....then come the political careers.

Vote for me. I own a car wash and have no real education, but I used to be on a reality show as a kid.

Wouldn't be likely to get you much further than Town Meeting rep in my neck of the woods, but maybe things are different there. I think they're delusional if they think the show is going to springboard any of them into major political careers. I mean, you have to at least be able to fake that you know the basics, and Josh has proven time and again how poorly educated they are. And most of them don't strike me as being particularly bright enough to catch up on their own.

Josiah is one of the Duggar kids I feel the most sorry for. He doesn't seem like the hard labor type (like his older brothers) and would probably be happier getting a degree and working at a mentally stimulating job (for him, everyone's idea of mental stimulation is different).

Vote for me. I own a car wash and have no real education, but I used to be on a reality show as a kid.

Wouldn't be likely to get you much further than Town Meeting rep in my neck of the woods, but maybe things are different there. I think they're delusional if they think the show is going to springboard any of them into major political careers. I mean, you have to at least be able to fake that you know the basics, and Josh has proven time and again how poorly educated they are. And most of them don't strike me as being particularly bright enough to catch up on their own.

Agreed. All they have been taught is that abortion is bad and science is evil despite the fact that science is what saved Josie and the laws gave Michelle the choice to deliver Josie early rather than be forced to die carrying her.

Does Joshie have a stalker? Some crazy broad keeps commenting that she wants to talk to Smugs and Anna.

I saw that too. I clicked on her profile, and she's just a kid. Funny how some parents don't monitor their kids' internet activity. Instagram for a minor, even posting seemingly innocent photos, is a very big no for me.

That turbine is being driven solely by your hot air, Joshie.

Oh yeah, not all windmills are funded by government subsidy/tac breaks, douche. We're gonna need them after Duggar Generation Three burns the last drop of gasoline in their fleet of stink buses.

I hope he's alone in the car when the inevitable accident happens. Please save Anna and those babies from harm!

That turbine is being driven solely by your hot air, Joshie.

Oh yeah, not all windmills are funded by government subsidy/tac breaks, douche. We're gonna need them after Duggar Generation Three burns the last drop of gasoline in their fleet of stink buses.

8b430038954911e1a39b1231381b7ba1_6.jpg

[ @ ] joshduggar Tax dollars at work #windpower 2h

[ @ ] abbyrose0204 Hi Josh 2h

[ @ ] abbyrose0204 I would really like to talk to you or Anna :) It would make my day 2h

Again, something WORKING, that isnt josh!

Archived