IGNORED

Would you buy a used car from this man?

snickerz

I swear to Ceiling Cat that if I ever run into Josh Duggar around NW Arkansas, I am going to call him Mr. Smuggar to his face and pretend I totally thought it was his name.

Rent from Jim Bob? I hate real estate agents - many bad experiences. I don't like who Jim Bob is or what he stands for but I do think I would get much better treatment with Jim Bob as a landlord/agent than any other I have had.

A tow from JD? Yes. I don't mind JD. He seems to keep his mouth shut and just get on with things - exactly what you want from someone towing your car. He seems to have a fair idea of what he is doing. Unlike the rest of the Duggars, he isn't on the road all the time either. (Remember he stayed in Tontitown to look after the house and run the business when the rest moved to Little Rock with Josie.)

Bates Tree Service? Yes. I might not agree with their beliefs but I do think there is a basic honesty there that means they would do the best job they could and charge me a fair rate. (Of course, if I ever needed a tree service I would ask around and see who my friends and colleagues recommended.)

Lawson? Yes and for the same reason I would get a tow from JD. Lawson, unlike his brothers, seems able to keep his mouth shut and get on with his job.

Erin Bates? Never. The green hair comment? Crying on her mothers lap in the hotel foyer during the tornadoes? This girl is not old enough to look after herself. I am leaving her responsible for teaching my children. (My son has blue hair so she probably couldn't sit next to him anyway, lol.) I would employ Michaela as a babysitter.

Chris Maxwell? Never. A wedding is a religious event and the last thing I want is a fundy judging my beliefs on such as special day.

(I am a pianist).

No to Erin teaching piano, beyond extreme beginners. I don't think she is that good, and she has some specific bad habits that I wouldn't want taught.

Maybe OK for extreme beginners, if they quickly were transitioned to a better teacher as soon as they pass the beginning stages. At early stages, the interpersonal skills and understanding of children's development and willingness to work with kids and encourage (yes, I used that word) them is more important than excellent skills in the teacher.

Obviously, once the child advances some, skills in the teacher become extremely important. Nothing to be gained from passing on bad habits.

Guest Anonymous

Rent from Jim Bob? Hell no! He'd probably levy a pet deposit for every roach I found.

I wouldn't need Gil Bates either. I live in an apartment, so any trees would be the managing company's problem.

Buy a used car from Josh? I'm SO going to overpay for an overmileaged clunker just so I can say I got my car from a wannabe celebrity.

I wouldn't hire Erin Bates as a piano teacher. I'm allergic to bitchface.

I would accept a tow from JD if he was the one sent out by my insurers. Otherwise, no.

If I had a lawn, I would hire Lawson Bates. The clusterfuck he was born to was not of his making.

If Chris Maxwell is too good for any event that I would want filmed, then my filthy lucre is too good for him.

(I am a pianist).

No to Erin teaching piano, beyond extreme beginners. I don't think she is that good, and she has some specific bad habits that I wouldn't want taught.

Yep -- the prospect of hiring her bothers me as much as anything else on the list, since that happens to be my area of expertise, as well.

Not for beginners, not for anyone.

Maybe Lawson. He seems like a hard worker who would do a great job (and he has so many mouths to feed!). I don't hold his parents' beliefs against him... yet. He's still young and could escape (he's what, 19?). No one else on that list though, unless my insurance company sent JD to tow my car (no change of that, since I'm across the country :D ).

I'd potentially be OK with hiring a young woman from a fundie family (not Erin though, yuck!) to teach my children a musical instrument (if she was really good at both playing and teaching). I'd like to encourage fundie daughters to work outside the home and develop a career. If she started preaching to my children, though, she'd be out.

I usually try to avoid giving money to companies or individuals who stand for things I am completely opposed to, but as I said above, I don't hold the beliefs of their parents against these very young adults (again, yet...), and I would consider hiring them if they were hard workers and good at their jobs. How are they ever going to get out if they are not exposed to other ways of life??

I don't like Erin's fingering and she is a bit sloppy on the piano. I hate to brag, but I was classically trained on the piano. Every time I see her play (on youtube or on the Duggar show), I cringe. Her piano playing sounds nice, but her technique could use some work. I think, if she had gone to the university instead of her father being selfish and stupid by turning down a full scholarship, she may have been a great pianist. But now, we'll never know, because people won't criticize her and she probably thinks she's all that, because she has a cd out already.

I would hire Lawson, but as someone else posted, only if he spends the money on himself, instead of giving it all to his daddy (and doing his daddy's job of providing for his family).

I'd hire JD, because he seems like a hard-working young man, but only if he promises to use some of that money to get a pilot's license.

I'd never ever buy a car from Josh. He is way too conceited and full of himself (look at the new sign he has for his business). Plus, Springdale is close to Fayetteville and I'm sure there are big dealerships that would not expect 50% down and crazy financing.

Whatever Josiah ends up doing, that is Jim Boob/Gothard approved, I'd hire Josiah, mainly because he seems to march to his own drummer, and I see him not staying in the Jim Bob/Gothard domain very long after he hits adulthood.

OT, but I'd love to hear more on Erin's piano skills. I haven't played the piano since I was six, so all I can judge from her videos is that she seems to have a level of technical skill down pat, and she loves her some flourishes. Is her posture wrong? Does she move her wrists incorrectly?

OT, but I'd love to hear more on Erin's piano skills. I haven't played the piano since I was six, so all I can judge from her videos is that she seems to have a level of technical skill down pat, and she loves her some flourishes. Is her posture wrong? Does she move her wrists incorrectly?

It's her technique, like her over-embellishment on the flourishes. She is pretty good, but could be so much better, if someone pushed her in the right way and she played technically difficult pieces that are out of her comfort zone. Her posture and wrist movement are fine.

Archived