IGNORED

Sermon from my minister that FJ will love

Guest geniebelle

geniebelle, you said you believed your minister gave this sermon because the church leadership is wary of patriarchy. But isn't your church just as guilty by not allowing women in leadership roles? And you and I both know the elders, deacons, and minister are the church leaders, and not those women's ministries you mentioned. Those positions are separate, yes, but equal, no.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geniebelle, you said you believed your minister gave this sermon because the church leadership is wary of patriarchy. But isn't your church just as guilty by not allowing women in leadership roles? And you and I both know the elders, deacons, and minister are the church leaders, and not those women's ministries you mentioned.

pa·tri·arch·y/ˈpÄtrēˌärkÄ“/Noun: A system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it.

Especially if they were an asshole today?

:lol:

No, it's not comparing apples to oranges. Not at all. There are some fundamentalists who see women as unequal but they wrap it up as separate but equal. These people don't feel that women should vote, that they should submit to men, that they cannot lead, that they should not be educated and they should never, ever have control over their own bodies. It's discrimination against women wrapped up in biblical wrapping paper and these same people were the ones who used that same book to discriminate against blacks 50 years ago.

A lot of them are even more full of shit than "separate but equal." The words "honored," "cherished," and "protected" remind us that women should be put up on a pedestal to be valued for the very special role God gave them. It's almost like these beautiful Madonnas are even better than men (as long as they don't have any authority).

Then the men pat themselves on the back for loving their women so much.

Guest Anonymous

Especially if they were an asshole today?

Right back at you! So pucker up and kiss mine! :obscene-buttsway:

I didn't seek or desire any praise. Sorry, if you didn't get the point of this topic. I should have known better than to have started it in the first place, for apologizing, and for my poor attempt at explaining. But I will never, ever apologize for my views. I don't give a rat's ass how offensive you think they are, just like FJ doesn't give a rat's ass who they offend (Maxwells, Mortons, Botkins, Duggars, Bates, Andersons, Kellers, Pearls, ThatWife, Seven Sisters, other FJ members-who obviously deserve the snark,etc. with all of the snarky posts). And if it makes you feel any better I am a big goddamned mother-fucking offensive asshole. There I've admitted it! I'm here now, and plan to keep posting here unless kicked out.

@ geniebell: We mock and snark Quiverfull parents because they want to force their values on the rest of the American population by making their values law. I thought that you would have figured it out by now. They claim that they want freedom of speech but when people display their opinions in public, they better expect others to not always agree with them. Unfortunately, sometimes people have to be not so nice and tell them bluntly how oppresive their opinions are because if others try and tell those people (Quiverfull parents) nicely why their opinions can be opressive to others, it'll fly right over their heads. Deal with it.

I didn't seek or desire any praise. Sorry, if you didn't get the point of this topic. I should have known better than to have started it in the first place, for apologizing, and for my poor attempt at explaining. But I will never, ever apologize for my views. I don't give a rat's ass how offensive you think they are, just like FJ doesn't give a rat's ass who they offend (Maxwells, Mortons, Botkins, Duggars, Bates, Andersons, Kellers, Pearls, ThatWife, Seven Sisters, other FJ members-who obviously deserve the snark,etc. with all of the snarky posts). And if it makes you feel any better I am a big goddamned mother-fucking offensive asshole. There I've admitted it! I'm here now, and plan to keep posting here unless kicked out.

lol lol lol

"I don't want praise, I just started a topic devoted to how cool us conservative christians are because we oppress women and will sometimes give charity to BLACK PEOPLE! I don't care if that's offensive, you offend me by...YOU OFFEND ME! So ban me, even though you've never banned anyone just for being ignorant!"

'kay.

Maybe you should go sit over by reds in the children's section. It's the only place that's tantrum-proofed.

Settle down, Sparky.

Your views don't offend me so much as the attempts to have them legislated down all our throats. Believe what you want to believe. I don't have any agenda regarding your mind or the minds of your peers, but don't expect people to stand by when our own freedom to believe otherwise is at risk. The question for me is, "Are we going to be the Christian version of Saudi Arabia in 50 years," and I'm pissed as hell that it's even remotely conceivable to me that we could be.

I would like to be a snob and suggest that FJ start banning people who make repeated grammatical errors that the average third grader would be able to correct.

I nominate Taryn and genieballs to be the first to go.

I would like to be a snob and suggest that FJ start banning people who make repeated grammatical errors that the average third grader would be able to correct.

We need to blanket train our newbies better.

You're the exact type of Christian that made me leave the church. You're a disgusting human being.

We need to blanket train our newbies better.

Brilliant!! :clap: :dance: :clap:

First of all, as I stated it wasn't my intention to come across as all awesome. It was meant as a statement that conservative Christians are coming around if only by a little. And when asked about female leadership in my church I just wanted to point out that what we do is just as important as the church leadership because I anticipated a simple "no" would lead to further pointless debate, and apparently that backfired. From there, the whole thing just snowballed. I issued an apology and I sincerely meant it.

Second, I'm really not here to make friends so to speak. I'm just as disgusted by the patriarchal/quiverfull movement as others are and wanted to join in on the snark as I feel both movements are dangerous and are more than worthy of snarking about. Yes, I am conservative and pro-life, so my feet are firmly planted on that side of the fence. The "buts" are my way of saying that while I may be conservative, mostly Republican, pro-life I don't lack compassion or de-mean anybody who doesn't share my beliefs. Maybe that's hard for some people to understand, but I certainly don't call it having one foot on each side of the fence. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, I have seen other FJs point out that they are conservative and pro-life. As for the purity ball comment, I was trying to imply how icky and sexist they are. So, apparently I'm not doing a good job expressing myself, and I need to work on it.

If anything I write is coming across as ignorant and offensive, then all I can say is right back at you. A lot of things I read here sound that way. But I know this is a snark board and that's what they are by nature. I fully knew that before I registered. I also fully expected to be eaten alive when my posts and replies were disagreed with, which has happened many times already. And guess what? I'm still here, and I don't plan on going away unless the moderator chooses to ban me. So snark away and pick apart everything I post.

Hey that movement you are disgusted with? You are part of it. When when aren't equal in all ways, that is patriarchy. When you think men have more of a right to tell me about my pregnancy and what I want to do with it than me and my doctor do? That is patriarchy.

You can wrap your pretty little fundie-liteness up in little bows, but at the end of the day what you are peddling is dangerous and pretty much the same thing.

It's not comparing apples to oranges, geniebelle. It is comparing discrimation based on irrelevant physical characteristics to discriminate based on irrelevant physical characteristics.

I am a little tired of people coming to freejinger asking for pats on the back because they were not assholes today.

I both at you on the back and kiss your cheek...even though I am not a hugged.

Bloody hell. Is it a full moon or something?

:shock: :shock: I was just wondering what you thought about this topic (don't ask me why), so I think it really really must be. :?

:oops: Then I would be in the top 10 go too. :(

Nope, don't worry... automatic exemption for all users who fall somewhere on the spectrum of 'normal' in the majority of their posts... or anyone who is really funny.... or who agrees with me...

Guest Anonymous
@ geniebell: We mock and snark Quiverfull parents because they want to force their values on the rest of the American population by making their values law. I thought that you would have figured it out by now. They claim that they want freedom of speech but when people display their opinions in public, they better expect others to not always agree with them. Unfortunately, sometimes people have to be not so nice and tell them bluntly how oppresive their opinions are because if others try and tell those people (Quiverfull parents) nicely why their opinions can be opressive to others, it'll fly right over their heads. Deal with it.

1) I never stated that I was Quiverfull. Actually I'm single w/no kids & my only headship is of the feline species.

2) I never tried to ram anything down anybody's throat, I'm just stating my opinions like them or not

3) I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'm not getting the same vibe from FJ. The vibe I'm getting is agree with us or STFU. But that ain't gonna happen.

4) I knew this was a snark board when I joined, so I can take it as well as dish it out.

5) I know how oppressive the Quiverfull movement is, and I've never said anything otherwise.

6) I can and will be just as blunt especially when being called something I'm not.

7) Deal with that

Guest Anonymous
I am a big goddamned mother-fucking offensive asshole.

Oh, this is my favorite. I love it when the fundies come in all "I'm a Christian! I looooove people! Unless they're poor and not just like me, of course! I'm totally not a fundie because I think women are almost as good as dudes!" But then the next thing you know they're telling you to kiss their ass and masturbating to how offensive and un-PC they are, and blaspheming the name of the lord. Just like Jesus would do! It's amazing how Christ-like geniebelle is. She's definitely not a hypocrite or anything, because Jesus said "Go ye forth, and be assholes to all people, particularly those who are downtrodden and on welfare."

Fuck you very much, geniebelle.

Yeah, there is some irony to the fact that the immoral heathen atheist has never dropped the g-damned word because it would be disrespectful, but somehow the love-spouting Christians will drop that word whenever they get angry. Really classy move there, genieballs.

@ geniebelle: Why are you defending these patriarchal parents? So it's not ok for us to mock and snark on fundies, but for you to call people asses who are fundie leaders such as Gothard? I think it's human nature to be hypocritical, but calling out on others on what you think is "wrong" of them to do when the patriarchal parents are doing much worse to the people closest to them just makes you look like a patronizing ass.

Archived