IGNORED

Did anyone laugh when Boob said Josh bought the Tico Taco...

lilwriter85

building and car lot?

I cracked up laughing. Yep Boob it is easy to lie to your viewing audience, but the Internet public records search engines don't lie. Some people know you own both lots.

Haha - well, the internet lies quite often, but I'll take the public records at their word in this instance :)

I know they're trying to prop Josh up to be this glorious hunk of self-sufficient godly young manhood (hahahaha... snicker), but come now. And he certainly wouldn't be the first person to have help. Many many people have assistance of some sort when starting their own businesses.

Haha - well, the internet lies quite often, but I'll take the public records at their word in this instance :)

I know they're trying to prop Josh up to be this glorious hunk of self-sufficient godly young manhood (hahahaha... snicker), but come now. And he certainly wouldn't be the first person to have help. Many many people have assistance of some sort when starting their own businesses.

I should have put Internet Public records in my first post.

It irks me that the Duggars prop Josh up like he is a budding entrepreneur who started his business without help. There is nothing wrong with getting help when starting business but I think is douchy of the Duggars to make it seem like Josh owns the lots and the house he lives in. I do think he could be paying rent for the house and lots, but the Duggars probably like getting pleasure from people believing that Smuggar is a great businessman.

they were outright with the fact he rents a house owned my Grandma Duggar, but they totally gloss over the car lot ownership issues on the show. If you do watch closely, though, in the episode when they are showing the lot on the screen at one of the council meetings, it says Jim Bob's name as the owner on the slide.

I remember one Michelle interview in their show shortly after Josh got married. She was asked if they would help their children after they are married and leave the "nest". She said, "no", they are on their own.

JMHO, but it's ok to help your adult kids get on their feet. But it's not ok to lie. :naughty:

I remember one Michelle interview in their show shortly after Josh got married. She was asked if they would help their children after they are married and leave the "nest". She said, "no", they are on their own.

JMHO, but it's ok to help your adult kids get on their feet. But it's not ok to lie. :naughty:

Yes! This is exactly what I think. This is just another case of them trying to be holier-than-thou. They like to pretend that since they're all just sooo faithful, they won't need any help from anyone because God will bless them. If Josh actually got help from his parents the way most young adults do, then they couldn't brag about him being super awesome and self-sufficient.

I suspect Jim Bob and Michelle put up the money to buy the lots and Josh is probably paying them back. Which wouldn't be much different than if Josh went to a bank and borrowed money for it, he would still say he "owns" it. My grandparents were rather well to do and my parents always borrowed money from them for houses rather than through a bank. They had the same contract and always paid a monthly mortgage, just to my grandparents instead of the bank.

But if Jim Bob and Michelle said that, it would blow their debt-free living stuff out of the water, since Josh would technically be in debt to them.

I suspect Jim Bob and Michelle put up the money to buy the lots and Josh is probably paying them back. Which wouldn't be much different than if Josh went to a bank and borrowed money for it, he would still say he "owns" it. My grandparents were rather well to do and my parents always borrowed money from them for houses rather than through a bank. They had the same contract and always paid a monthly mortgage, just to my grandparents instead of the bank.

But if Jim Bob and Michelle said that, it would blow their debt-free living stuff out of the water, since Josh would technically be in debt to them.

I agree Boob and Mullett will never admit it because of the debt free lifestyle that they are always pushing.

"Leave and Cleave"--maybe she doesn't see helping start a business in the same way--perhaps they are being repaid with a % of profits? I'm guessing she means no running to Mom and Dad if you come up short on the bills--no hitting Dad for gas money or stuff like that.

For the record it was Taco Tico I believe--at there [in another state] a lot in the late 70s.....

I agree with you, it would not be a big deal at all for parents to give loans to their kids, but b/c of Mr. Billy G... :-P

This reminds me, I recently watched a GMA appearance where they ask, as always, how they afford the family and they use the usual lines about real-estate. :puke-front: Yes, that support the lifestyle they had when the shows started, when they were buying everything at thrift stores, making their own clothes, etc. Clearly that is NOT what is happening now! It really bothers me that they don't acknowledge money from TLC/books/appearances.

I agree with you, it would not be a big deal at all for parents to give loans to their kids, but b/c of Mr. Billy G... :-P

This reminds me, I recently watched a GMA appearance where they ask, as always, how they afford the family and they use the usual lines about real-estate. :puke-front: Yes, that support the lifestyle they had when the shows started, when they were buying everything at thrift stores, making their own clothes, etc. Clearly that is NOT what is happening now! It really bothers me that they don't acknowledge money from TLC/books/appearances.

Obviously the real estate money wasn't completely meeting their needs even then, especially in a massive recession. I have a feeling that's the only reason they agreed to do the show in the first place. They could "share their life" with the usual yearly specials, plus have much more control over what gets out about their family, but that wasn't bringing in enough $$ :roll:

they were outright with the fact he rents a house owned my Grandma Duggar, but they totally gloss over the car lot ownership issues on the show. If you do watch closely, though, in the episode when they are showing the lot on the screen at one of the council meetings, it says Jim Bob's name as the owner on the slide.

They were TOTALLY ambiguous about the ownership of Smuggar's house. They called it "Josh's house" which "USED to be a rental owned by Grandma Duggar." They never said he bought it, but certainly have implied it and have NEVER said he was renting it from her.

They are quite adept at straddling that line between truth and lies, but Boob is at heart a used car salesman and a politician. Smuggar the Golden Child was raised to be a Mini-Me, so it's not at all surprising that he says nothing to contradict the truth, which at least publicly came out vis-a-vie the Tico Taco when TLC taped the city hall hearing.

Leave and cleave, my ass.

It does bother me that the Duggars expect people to believe that their family is supported entirely by the real estate businesses. The Duggars will never publicly acknowledge the money they get from TLC. They enjoy having people think they are some sort of super family.

They were TOTALLY ambiguous about the ownership of Smuggar's house. They called it "Josh's house" which "USED to be a rental owned by Grandma Duggar." They never said he bought it, but certainly have implied it and have NEVER said he was renting it from her.

They are quite adept at straddling that line between truth and lies, but Boob is at heart a used car salesman and a politician. Smuggar the Golden Child was raised to be a Mini-Me, so it's not at all surprising that he says nothing to contradict the truth, which at least publicly came out vis-a-vie the Tico Taco when TLC taped the city hall hearing.

Leave and cleave, my ass.

[bold added by me]

I wonder if he's not renting it from Grandma at all and she's just letting him live there for free. Then it would be technically true because it wouldn't be a rental property; it would be a moocher property. Again, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to help out a grandchild and let them live there for free if you can afford it, but they should at least be honest and not try to hand-wave and pretend that he owns the place.

Isn't there a way to look the deed up on line to see who really owns the house? Is someone familiar with the area? I'm not. FJ's are *awsome* detectives! :dance:

Isn't there a way to look the deed up on line to see who really owns the house? Is someone familiar with the area? I'm not. FJ's are *awsome* detectives! :dance:

On the old FJ, someone looked up Josh's name through a public property/tax search in the Duggars area. Josh and Anna's names only came up for their vehicles. I think someone did find records stating that the house was Mary's. I also saw somewhere on a topix site in which people who live in the same area as Josh said that the house belonged to Mary.

Josh is totally still one of the J'slaves. He and his wife just had a second child and JB is toting them across the country to spend hours among the throngs. I'm sure they're giving him a place to live and they own a piece of the business.

It may be the reason JD hasnt bought aquired been given a woman by god just yet. They havent found a suitable place for him to "start out" in. This could be an interesting battle. Smuggar "got" a house that he doesnt own, cant really go out an fake buy one in JD's name. So... either Joshie needs to buy a suitable house in his name before JD can do the same, and they need cash to do that.

Josh is totally still one of the J'slaves. He and his wife just had a second child and JB is toting them across the country to spend hours among the throngs. I'm sure they're giving him a place to live and they own a piece of the business.

It may be the reason JD hasnt bought aquired been given a woman by god just yet. They havent found a suitable place for him to "start out" in. This could be an interesting battle. Smuggar "got" a house that he doesnt own, cant really go out an fake buy one in JD's name. So... either Joshie needs to buy a suitable house in his name before JD can do the same, and they need cash to do that.

They have that "cat pee" house they cleaned up on their show a couple of weeks ago. ;) JD can take his bride there. :mrgreen:

Archived