IGNORED

Don't forget...Michelle Duggar at CPAC 3:30 EST

marmalade

I didn't watch but I hope Michelle's speaking appearances are put on yt. I loved snarking on her. Also I agree with others, she is starting to look old.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was planning on waiting until I could view and listen to the "Right View" panel before commenting. MG, does Michelle look like crap!

She's had genes going for her for many years, now it looks as if they are taking a back seat to the constant abuse she (and Jim-Bob) have put her body through. And, what IS it with that unsightly mole? I thought I noticed something on her face before, but it seemed so small, I barely remembered it until now...you'd think someone at TLC would move to get some nice elective surgery for that thing!

Aside from the usual blue blouse ensemble, her hair looks hellacious! Those bangs AND the mass of curls look simply frightening.

I can't resist checking out the rest of the panel...too bad Victoria Jackson wasn't there, too! Can you imagine Michelle and Victoria sharing a stage? I'd thought I'd seen Michelle wearing a nice conservative black suit on a few occasions when sharing the stage at one of their film festival events? Doesn't she have a decent suit? If not, why not?

I have some inside dirt of the esteemed Star Parker. I live in her neck of the woods, SoCal, and have attended one of her book signings with a couple of friends whom we all gave Star the business, to which she simply ignored us. We "knew too much", then,

and in the years since, it hasn't gotten any better.

1320764519-michelleduggar.jpg

She's had the mole for a while, as you can see in this pic. Whoever said it looks like she wears extensions is right. Does she buy normal extensions then hideously perm them, or does ATI have a secret wig store?

ETA: Someone needs to make a 'Faces of Pregnancy' lolduggar.

And Mitt won Maine...Santorum was 3rd, I know that's not as good as 4th place to the Duggster. Newt may as well forget about becoming the candidate.

CPAC Straw Poll Results 2012: Mitt Romney Wins Conservative Vote

It'll be interesting to see what sort of spin Joshie can put on this!

I thought I posted that in my last post (with the mole). TMI in one post I guess. :mrgreen:

Yup, Mitt won the UBER-CONSERVATIVE BASE (and apparently some Log Cabin types ;) ) that attend these things 38-31% over the Frothy one.

1320764519-michelleduggar.jpg

She's had the mole for a while, as you can see in this pic. Whoever said it looks like she wears extensions is right. Does she buy normal extensions then hideously perm them, or does ATI have a secret wig store?

ETA: Someone needs to make a 'Faces of Pregnancy' lolduggar.

Is it just me or does this kinda look like a mug shot?

Is it just me or does this kinda look like a mug shot?

It would be, if those laws forcing murder investigations for miscarriages had passed.

1320764519-michelleduggar.jpgPreditor2face.jpg

I was planning on waiting until I could view and listen to the "Right View" panel before commenting. MG, does Michelle look like crap!

She's had genes going for her for many years, now it looks as if they are taking a back seat to the constant abuse she (and Jim-Bob) have put her body through. And, what IS it with that unsightly mole? I thought I noticed something on her face before, but it seemed so small, I barely remembered it until now...you'd think someone at TLC would move to get some nice elective surgery for that thing!

Aside from the usual blue blouse ensemble, her hair looks hellacious! Those bangs AND the mass of curls look simply frightening.

I can't resist checking out the rest of the panel...too bad Victoria Jackson wasn't there, too! Can you imagine Michelle and Victoria sharing a stage? I'd thought I'd seen Michelle wearing a nice conservative black suit on a few occasions when sharing the stage at one of their film festival events? Doesn't she have a decent suit? If not, why not?

I have some inside dirt of the esteemed Star Parker. I live in her neck of the woods, SoCal, and have attended one of her book signings with a couple of friends whom we all gave Star the business, to which she simply ignored us. We "knew too much", then,

and in the years since, it hasn't gotten any better.

I want dirt! I want dirt!

From what I heard good ole Starr used to deal drugs and had four abortions. Now, I'm totally pro-choice, but dayum, condoms are cheaper.

It's just as Dr. Drew said after he learned that Michelle was pregnant. Michelle is acting out her grief (about her losses) instead of allowing herself to experience it. She should be at home where she is needed with her children. Instead, she is acting out everywhere. Just like when Josie was born and she had to go to the protest against the liquor store. She looks like and is a trainwreak.

I didn't write this next part and I don't know the original writer but it fits:

Adults who have shut off awareness of their own needs and feelings lack empathy, compassion, and understanding for themselves and others. This is not only a dangerous state of affairs, but also leads to a sense of detachment, unreality, superficiality/acting, and inauthentic relating with other human beings. We are basically living a lie with Ourselves and others about our suffering and pain.

This will not turn out well. For her, Jim Bob or for the kids who don't get out. And just who is educating the younguns while everybody is out gallavanting around? The State of Arkansas has to have some oversight.

It's just as Dr. Drew said after he learned that Michelle was pregnant. Michelle is acting out her grief (about her losses) instead of allowing herself to experience it. She should be at home where she is needed with her children. Instead, she is acting out everywhere. Just like when Josie was born and she had to go to the protest against the liquor store. She looks like and is a trainwreak.

I didn't write this next part and I don't know the original writer but it fits:

Adults who have shut off awareness of their own needs and feelings lack empathy, compassion, and understanding for themselves and others. This is not only a dangerous state of affairs, but also leads to a sense of detachment, unreality, superficiality/acting, and inauthentic relating with other human beings. We are basically living a lie with Ourselves and others about our suffering and pain.

This will not turn out well. For her, Jim Bob or for the kids who don't get out. And just who is educating the younguns while everybody is out gallavanting around? The State of Arkansas has to have some oversight.

I wonder if this could have been going on ever since the original miscarriage. Michelle has never acted, to me, in a way that shows she loves her children. I think the last time she felt anything genuine was when she had that break down over the laundry and, instead of being forced to maybe re-think whether her lifestyle was more harmful than helpful, she got help with the laundry and found an acceptable (to her social circle) way of making her daughters do all the work and mothering in the family.

Y'all want some dirt? I've got some to share, this will more than illustrate the utter hypocrisy of the Rethuglicans and those who shill for them. I first heard and saw Star Parker on an Oprah show featuring a group I have been involved with for 20 years, Welfare Warriors, from Milwaukee WI, who have been fighting for poor and disenfranchised women and mothers mostly in their area, but now enjoys international coverage of news in a quarterly newspaper, Mother Warriors Voice, which I distribute and write for.

The head of Welfare Warriors, Pat Gowens, and a colleague were to be featured on the Oprah program, and leading up to the broadcast, the blurb on the commercial for the upcoming epi said, "They call themselves 'Welfare Warriors' and refuse to work".

Tuning in, I saw the women I knew, then seated next to them was a stylishly-dressed but extremely hyper black woman who

appeared to be talking non-stop, saying bad things about poor mothers, and not allowing anyone to get a word in.

Having never heard or seen her before, I wondered who she was, and hoped I'd hear something concrete by the show's end.

Nothing, except she managed to steamroll over Oprah and the guests, who were promised their own mike, but were denied

that privilege. Pat's colleague was nearly in tears by the time the show ended due to the mystery guests' rude, boorish behavior.

After some research (this was in the early 90's, no Internet yet), I found out this crazy woman lived somewhat near me, in Orange County, CA which everyone knows is a pretty tony area (my sister lives up there but is far from well-off). She'd just released her book,

called "Pimps, Whores, and Welfare Brats", (nice title, eh?) so I'd checked out a copy from my main library and pored through it, wondering where and how she'd supposedly gotten off welfare and related subjects thereof.

She freely admits she did live a profligate life, but never lived in real poverty, nor suffered to any great extent the typical problems most single poor mothers face, due to her rooming it with several other women in a beachfront apartment in beach town Venice, CA and living it up for the duration. After deciding four abortions were just not cutting it, she decided to keep her last pregnancy, and padded her income thereof. She barely hinted after the birth of her first child that she "could" go back to stay with her family, but

didn't want to leave her lifestyle behind. In her book, she states her baby's father was a fellow student, but no hints whether she ever sought child support or tried to include him in her daughter's life.

Star shares she worked for a group of Christian newspapers, thereby finally hearing from "above", via a minister who admonished her for being on welfare, and to "get off". She brags she went "cold turkey", but shares nothing about how she managed (other than the job she got with the newspaper) leaving one to imagine she just woke up one day and everything was hunky-dory from then on.

Star eventually meets and marries an older, white gent, a Rev. Parker, and has a second daughter, Rachel. By this time, she's now

ensconced in the right-wing, anti-welfare, fundie set, trolling her way around the country sharing her book, and otherwise garnering more publicity in the "right" circles.

One of her stops for book-signing was a local Borders near my area, so two of my friends and I carpooled there and waited around

to see if we could get a word with her and see her other loyal fans. We did, and turned out of my friends had worked with her at the LA Times, and recalled her from her heyday. Even then, according to my friend, she was a big-mouthed busybody who she didn't want to share space with if she could help it. We tried to approach Star, but all she did was give us a generic greeting, but no chance to call her on her behavior, etc. We did notice, however, that she had her husband and younger daughter with her, but that the two of them seemed utterly disconnected with their wife/mother.

Rev. Parker seemed older, all right, older in damned near ready for a retirement home and why isn't someone keeping tabs on him instead of roaming around malls with his wife and grade-school aged daughter? Poor Rachel seemed like she was bored out of her mind and not even near her mother (like the Duggar kids appear, that is).

Here's where the plot thickens: Star's older daughter is Angel Nenninger, an aspiring actress who's been squired around Hollywood in a few blog photos (from the past), and seems to have graced Star with a grandson, according to one of Star's blurbs on one of her YouTube vids. Rachel, unfortunately, met with an untimely and tragic end. According to the Orange County Register, Rachel was seen attending a teen nightclub in their area (San Clemente), and died mysteriously in a car in the club's parking lot. Witnesses said she'd been using drugs, too. Rachel was all of fourteen at the time. Granted, this was indeed a tragic loss, but one can't help but wonder why wasn't Star so on the job when it came to raising her own kid? At that time, she was on a cross-country tour (as usual), so I'm guessing Rachel had more free time on her hands than she should have.

Needless to say, the Parker marriage had already broke up by then, and no news whether Star has acquired another partner/spouse since. Star seems to have toned down her act these days, but I still can't get that first image I'd seen on Oprah, her mouth running a mile a minute, and acting as if she was the only one in the room. She's another one for the books, "I'm going to make you do what I failed to do even if it kills you". Oh, and by the way, last year she ran for Congress and soundly lost. Phew!

That's what Dr. Drew said, that Michelle Duggar has unprocessed pain from the original miscarriage. He predicted that it would end very badly and this was when she was pregnant with number 20. Now it seems as if she is running as fast as she can to escape feeling anything taking up these huge causes as a way not to deal with her mental health. IMHO she can't love her kids because she cannot feel. But she cannot run from her feelings forever. Something's got to give. Too bad she doesn't believe in psychotherapy.

That's what Dr. Drew said, that Michelle Duggar has unprocessed pain from the original miscarriage. He predicted that it would end very badly and this was when she was pregnant with number 20. Now it seems as if she is running as fast as she can to escape feeling anything taking up these huge causes as a way not to deal with her mental health. IMHO she can't love her kids because she cannot feel. But she cannot run from her feelings forever. Something's got to give. Too bad she doesn't believe in psychotherapy.

IMO, if Michelle ever faces her unprocessed pain from the original miscarriage and/or goes into therapy (whether it be with a licensed psychologist/psychiatrist or a church minister), a few things would happen:

1. Michelle would probably see that Jim Bob (and Gothard) are full of shit.

2. Michelle may see that she's been duped into believing that all her self-worth was put into having babies and not mothering them.

3. Michelle may have a breakdown realizing that she had too many babies.

4. Michelle would probably get super depressed knowing she limited her children's educations and futures.

5. Michelle may harm others, both physically and mentally.

I think, what we saw at CPAC, is the tip of the real iceburg, of what Michelle is heading to. She is slowly unhinging. She has aged at least 10 years. Dr. Drew (heck, even Dr. Phil will do) should talk to Michelle as a therapist. I'd tune in for that.

Does anyone have video footage of the blathering that is accessible in Australia? I'd rather like to see this non-edited Michelle.

Y'all want some dirt? I've got some to share, this will more than illustrate the utter hypocrisy of the Rethuglicans and those who shill for them. I first heard and saw Star Parker on an Oprah show featuring a group I have been involved with for 20 years, Welfare Warriors, from Milwaukee WI, who have been fighting for poor and disenfranchised women and mothers mostly in their area, but now enjoys international coverage of news in a quarterly newspaper, Mother Warriors Voice, which I distribute and write for.

The head of Welfare Warriors, Pat Gowens, and a colleague were to be featured on the Oprah program, and leading up to the broadcast, the blurb on the commercial for the upcoming epi said, "They call themselves 'Welfare Warriors' and refuse to work".

Tuning in, I saw the women I knew, then seated next to them was a stylishly-dressed but extremely hyper black woman who

appeared to be talking non-stop, saying bad things about poor mothers, and not allowing anyone to get a word in.

Having never heard or seen her before, I wondered who she was, and hoped I'd hear something concrete by the show's end.

Nothing, except she managed to steamroll over Oprah and the guests, who were promised their own mike, but were denied

that privilege. Pat's colleague was nearly in tears by the time the show ended due to the mystery guests' rude, boorish behavior.

After some research (this was in the early 90's, no Internet yet), I found out this crazy woman lived somewhat near me, in Orange County, CA which everyone knows is a pretty tony area (my sister lives up there but is far from well-off). She'd just released her book,

called "Pimps, Whores, and Welfare Brats", (nice title, eh?) so I'd checked out a copy from my main library and pored through it, wondering where and how she'd supposedly gotten off welfare and related subjects thereof.

She freely admits she did live a profligate life, but never lived in real poverty, nor suffered to any great extent the typical problems most single poor mothers face, due to her rooming it with several other women in a beachfront apartment in beach town Venice, CA and living it up for the duration. After deciding four abortions were just not cutting it, she decided to keep her last pregnancy, and padded her income thereof. She barely hinted after the birth of her first child that she "could" go back to stay with her family, but

didn't want to leave her lifestyle behind. In her book, she states her baby's father was a fellow student, but no hints whether she ever sought child support or tried to include him in her daughter's life.

Star shares she worked for a group of Christian newspapers, thereby finally hearing from "above", via a minister who admonished her for being on welfare, and to "get off". She brags she went "cold turkey", but shares nothing about how she managed (other than the job she got with the newspaper) leaving one to imagine she just woke up one day and everything was hunky-dory from then on.

Star eventually meets and marries an older, white gent, a Rev. Parker, and has a second daughter, Rachel. By this time, she's now

ensconced in the right-wing, anti-welfare, fundie set, trolling her way around the country sharing her book, and otherwise garnering more publicity in the "right" circles.

One of her stops for book-signing was a local Borders near my area, so two of my friends and I carpooled there and waited around

to see if we could get a word with her and see her other loyal fans. We did, and turned out of my friends had worked with her at the LA Times, and recalled her from her heyday. Even then, according to my friend, she was a big-mouthed busybody who she didn't want to share space with if she could help it. We tried to approach Star, but all she did was give us a generic greeting, but no chance to call her on her behavior, etc. We did notice, however, that she had her husband and younger daughter with her, but that the two of them seemed utterly disconnected with their wife/mother.

Rev. Parker seemed older, all right, older in damned near ready for a retirement home and why isn't someone keeping tabs on him instead of roaming around malls with his wife and grade-school aged daughter? Poor Rachel seemed like she was bored out of her mind and not even near her mother (like the Duggar kids appear, that is).

Here's where the plot thickens: Star's older daughter is Angel Nenninger, an aspiring actress who's been squired around Hollywood in a few blog photos (from the past), and seems to have graced Star with a grandson, according to one of Star's blurbs on one of her YouTube vids. Rachel, unfortunately, met with an untimely and tragic end. According to the Orange County Register, Rachel was seen attending a teen nightclub in their area (San Clemente), and died mysteriously in a car in the club's parking lot. Witnesses said she'd been using drugs, too. Rachel was all of fourteen at the time. Granted, this was indeed a tragic loss, but one can't help but wonder why wasn't Star so on the job when it came to raising her own kid? At that time, she was on a cross-country tour (as usual), so I'm guessing Rachel had more free time on her hands than she should have.

Needless to say, the Parker marriage had already broke up by then, and no news whether Star has acquired another partner/spouse since. Star seems to have toned down her act these days, but I still can't get that first image I'd seen on Oprah, her mouth running a mile a minute, and acting as if she was the only one in the room. She's another one for the books, "I'm going to make you do what I failed to do even if it kills you". Oh, and by the way, last year she ran for Congress and soundly lost. Phew!

Wow, you really came up with the dirt. Thanks, koolmom. For some reason I always figured Star never dealt with the same issues that plague a lot of the poor. I get a serious "grifting" vibe from her. She just seems like an insincere user. She's kind of like a black version of Mommy Life's Barbara Curtis. It's sad the Christian right has put her on a pedestal instead of really looking after the poor.

But still, sad about her daughter, Rachel. It's painful to lose a child.

BTW, I'm also from Milwaukee, and I'm aware of Welfare Warriors and the work they do. Thanks for the inside scoop.

Archived