IGNORED

Bates Special/Bates New Blog Post MERGED

GeoBQn

Wasn't there a children's book in the 1950's with a girl named Josie? I can remember the name but not te book series. I think of the name as a girl's name too.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love frumpers too. And my sister, nieces, and daughter never hesitate to tell me I have no style. I don't care.

I think the three of us are women of a certain age. I don't give a hoot what other people think of what I wear, but I do find it somewhat odd for a young woman.

Well. That picture makes it pretty clear that they're gunning for money for having so many kids at this point. Has Daddy Bates ever really had a job? Mooching doesn't count.

Don't they have the "tree business"?

Yes, Gil said he can make more money in less time in tree trimming and removal than his previous job. Personally, I think he needs to step it up and find more work. We just had the power company have its tree trimmers on our property trimming back and removing some small trees for line clearance. He needs that kind of a contract to provide for his enormous family.

I love frumpers too. And my sister, nieces, and daughter never hesitate to tell me I have no style. I don't care.

I think the three of us are women of a certain age. I don't give a hoot what other people think of what I wear, but I do find it somewhat odd for a young woman.

Regarding the name Josie, you all are forgetting the famous "Josie and the Pussycats".

nope because I was the first on Twop to call her Pussycat and the first to call Mack, Mack. Look it and you will find it is true. :whistle:

Frumper Lovers Unite!!

I am only a bit older than Michaela, but I have to admit that I love to wear those frumper jumpers myself. The longer the better!

I know they aren't seen as socially appropriate so I don't wear them to work for that reason, but I love wearing them at home or on vacation where no one knows me!

Yes, she is an adult, and yes she may have her own opinions, but I have never met any one who wears dowdy clothes out of sheer love of them! People wear them to cover up, and she doesn't need to. There are millions of cute, trendy, modest clothes out there. I think that if she tried it, she might like it.

BTW, Baylee, I know that you like to act like Michaela's BFF, but really it is getting old.

This is a snark board, I can snark on someones frumper if I want! You can snark on my jeans and t-shirt if you'd like, but I warn you they actually fit!

Can't snark on jeans and t's since they are my basic wardrobe, as well. But think about how stylish we are. How are jeans and t's all that much more stylish than frumpers? Who knows, I'm old, maybe I'll drop a fashion notch and wear sweats and t's. BTW If you see a good looking ole lady waving at you on the Bates show with her middle finger, then know, this one's for you.

BTW If you see a good looking ole lady waving at you on the Bates show with her middle finger, then know, this one's for you.

Since you are not actually BFFs with the Bates, and since I very much doubt they would recognize you on the street if they saw you, I am not going to hold my breath looking for your walk on role in their life.

Also... Fuck you.

Just because you annoy me so much.

nope because I was the first on Twop to call her Pussycat and the first to call Mack, Mack. Look it and you will find it is true.

I stand corrected ladypuglover. I should have known I wasn't the only person to love that cartoon. :animals-cat:

Can't snark on jeans and t's since they are my basic wardrobe, as well. But think about how stylish we are. How are jeans and t's all that much more stylish than frumpers? Who knows, I'm old, maybe I'll drop a fashion notch and wear sweats and t's. BTW If you see a good looking ole lady waving at you on the Bates show with her middle finger, then know, this one's for you.

Omg, really? Delusional much? :lol: :lol: :liar:

The Bates have a 1 hour special and 8 half hour episodes erring this summer. So, does this mean the Duggars are "done?"

There are a few threads addressing this already, two of which are still on the first page.

Yes, Gil said he can make more money in less time in tree trimming and removal than his previous job. Personally, I think he needs to step it up and find more work. We just had the power company have its tree trimmers on our property trimming back and removing some small trees for line clearance. He needs that kind of a contract to provide for his enormous family.

Yeah he would benefit from having a contract like that, maybe it would lessen the load on Lawson.

Since you are not actually BFFs with the Bates, and since I very much doubt they would recognize you on the street if they saw you, I am not going to hold my breath looking for your walk on role in their life.

Also... Fuck you.

Just because you annoy me so much.

:clap:

The Bates have a 1 hour special and 8 half hour episodes erring this summer. So, does this mean the Duggars are "done?"

Hopewell, was that a typo? Either way, it gave me a chuckle.

If they named him after Jeb Bush, they might not have known JEB are his initials. It stands for John Ellis Bush.

I didn't realize Jackson was a newly popular boys name six years ago when I decided to name our golden retriever Jackson. We always named our dogs but ended up calling most of them Jack. I read dogs respond better if their names have two syllables so we used Jackson.

I never heard the name Josie until the Duggar baby. It's cute but sounds more like a boy than a girl IMO like short for Joseph.

Heh. It would be kind of funny if they actually thought "Jeb" was "Jeb" Bush's first name and did name their child after him. But I think the Bush family isn't holy-roller-ish enough to provide baby name ideas for the Bates' family.

We had a wonderful dog named Jackson as well. I always think of Josie and the Pussycats when I hear the name Josie.

While I don't love frumpers, I do dress on the dowdy end of the style scale. That's because I break Stacy and Clinton's hearts each morning, when I reach for clothes that are comfortable. Yes, elastic waist cotton blend pants (in navy, black or brown), and a loose-fitting top in a pretty print or "autumn" color. Then I slip on my New Balance tennis shoes (because that's the only brand that I've found to be comfortable all day long and prevents my plantar fascitis pain) and some simple jewelry, and I'm off to work. Totally dowdy. Except my hair, which is kick ass.

At least daddy Bates does not insist on being called Master Bates.....

Yeah....from now on I'm referring to him as Master Bates.

Archived