IGNORED

Bates Special/Bates New Blog Post MERGED

GeoBQn

Gil's gonna have to rescind his video (sold on the IBLP website, natch) about how to support a family without a salary. Not like he was even doing THAT before TLC came along. Without the Duggars, these people would up shit creek without a plunger. Can you imagine now 19 kids in that old POS house (and starving horses that no one would know about since no one would know about them)?

Didn't Kelly used to just go on the internet at the library (surprised she even admitted she used one of those ebil gubmint institutions in the first place)? How times have changed, thanks to the Duggars.

So Gil, what's it like with a salary dude? :mrgreen:

I suspect that by salary they mean 9 to 5 job...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are having to borrow money from Lawson, how the heck are they affording to send some of their kids on this expensive Gothard trip? Gothard stuff is not cheap. Of course, if they were any sort of people, they would have put supporting their family before paying the yearly ATI fees.

Gothard is paying for them to go according to Alyssa.

I suspect that by salary they mean 9 to 5 job...

And something that you get paid X amount in a year. They will be paid by the episode = hourly wage =/= salary = not hypocrites at all! :roll:

Well yeah for being Gothard's special snowflakes. Does he let them join his cult for free too?

Well yeah for being Gothard's special snowflakes. Does he let them join his cult for free too?

On her blog at one time Kelly told one of the writers who asked for advice aboout ATI, that 'scholarships are available and that is how the Batses are able to join.' Now how much of a break can be had, wasn't mentioned.' Kelly advised her how to apply but since I am not interested in joining ATI, nor do I know anyone who is, I didn't pay attention to that part.

I'm wondering if this is a sort of coronation - making them "royalty" and thus acceptable to marry the other awesome ATI families

Interesting that they are now the Duggar's "best friends."

I always wondered how they wake up all the kids. I figured it was one of the older girl's duties, but Kelly has an intercom system.

I'm wondering if this is a sort of coronation - making them "royalty" and thus acceptable to marry the other awesome ATI families

I do have to wonder if getting on tv is why Gothard is paying for them to go on his wretched mission trips. He wants the publicity of having another tv family in his cult. Just like Gill and Kelly, he is using the kids to bring in more people (and therefore money) into ATI.

Watching it now. The palomino horse that looked fine last time we saw it? Ribs showing through a winter coat.

I called it: the horse was new, he looked fine due to his previous owners feeding program. Once the Bates program kicked in, it would look like shit, just as the rest of their horses do!

Point proven. The Bates are horse-starving ASSHOLES!

Yeh the intercom is so 14 kids-duggarville ago..my first brilliant thoughts on this marvelous hour I'm wasting: 1. The frumpers are magically gone! I'm shocked..ha. 2. The description of each kid at the beginning was better than the Duggars crap, but so rehearsed that it was still gagworthy by the 5th kid. 3. These kids have a concept of harmony and music. It's refreshing. 4. Did Alyssa (sp? prob more y's in this name) actually get her own birthday party?!

Posted a minute too quick.. the birthday girl is now being filmed finding out the sex (jender) of the new buddy! and WOW WOWEE they even wrote it on the screen for her!

Gil: At least I'm screwed into the right bulb.

My abs will hurt tomorrow due to TLC laughter. Is that a medically excused day?

Nightline just did a story on the Bates. They mentioned son Lawson did the grocery shopping once a week, didn't mention who was paying.

At the end of the story, Juju Chang mentioned the Bates as the type of conservative Christian that turned a (failed) Pennsylvania senator into a presidential candidate. You know what family wasn't mentioned in the story? That's right, ABC credited the Bates with helping Santorum win, not a word about the Duggars. Tee hee.

Nightline just did a story on the Bates. They mentioned son Lawson did the grocery shopping once a week, didn't mention who was paying.

At the end of the story, Juju Chang mentioned the Bates as the type of conservative Christian that turned a (failed) Pennsylvania senator into a presidential candidate. You know what family wasn't mentioned in the story? That's right, ABC credited the Bates with helping Santorum win, not a word about the Duggars. Tee hee.

As much as I can't stand Santorum, I would have paid serious money to have seen the looks on Josh's, JBob's and Michelle's faces when that little nugget was dropped. Juju is my new hero!!!

As much as I can't stand Santorum, I would have paid serious money to have seen the looks on Josh's, JBob's and Michelle's faces when that little nugget was dropped. Juju is my new hero!!!

I would love to see that sight too. Boob and Mullet are probably ripping their hair right now because the Bateses are getting attention again.

I'm surprised the Bateses buy laundry detergent. I thought Gil and Kelly would have the girls making buckets of laundry detergent.

I'd be surprised if the Duggars or Bateses paid for any of Gothard's activities anymore. Boob/Mullet and Gil are all featured speakers at the conferences. You know how it is once you've "made it" in this case, in ATI; you never pay for anything ever again. Kind of like Hollywood zillionaires who haven't paid for an outfit or dinner out in years.

Watching it now. The palomino horse that looked fine last time we saw it? Ribs showing through a winter coat.

I called it: the horse was new, he looked fine due to his previous owners feeding program. Once the Bates program kicked in, it would look like shit, just as the rest of their horses do!

Point proven. The Bates are horse-starving ASSHOLES!

Oh disgusting! Is there no way that the SPCA might be able to intervene? I could only stomach the first 10mins or so, so I didn't see the startving horse footage, but if the horses are being neglected/malnourished, then there's likely an aminal welfare org that could step in. Where are the Bates' located again? I'd love to write to their local SPCA!!! :D

Oh disgusting! Is there no way that the SPCA might be able to intervene? I could only stomach the first 10mins or so, so I didn't see the startving horse footage, but if the horses are being neglected/malnourished, then there's likely an aminal welfare org that could step in. Where are the Bates' located again? I'd love to write to their local SPCA!!! :D

They're in Lake City, which is near Knoxville.

It can't hurt to shoot an email. Thank you.

I and several others reported them last go-round (some were people from other, horse related forums). Problem is: animal controls hands are pretty much tied in a lot of cases. As long as there's feed of some kind on the property they won't do much.

I'd be surprised if the Duggars or Bateses paid for any of Gothard's activities anymore. Boob/Mullet and Gil are all featured speakers at the conferences. You know how it is once you've "made it" in this case, in ATI; you never pay for anything ever again. Kind of like Hollywood zillionaires who haven't paid for an outfit or dinner out in years.

There have been rumors about the Duggars and Bateses not having to pay fees for Gothard activities.

I've been searching online, but does anyone know of a link to view the special? We don't have cable at home so I wasn't able to view it last night. I'm hopeful that someone will upload it to youtube soon, but if you know of another location I can watch the show I'd appreciate it!

I've been searching online, but does anyone know of a link to view the special? We don't have cable at home so I wasn't able to view it last night. I'm hopeful that someone will upload it to youtube soon, but if you know of another location I can watch the show I'd appreciate it!

I think it might be uploaded to youtube soon. I noticed with 19kac sometimes it is a few days or week after episodes get uploaded. Another possible option is Amazon video on demand which is $1.99 or $2.99 per episode. I'm not sure if Bates special will be on there.

Archived