IGNORED

Bates Special/Bates New Blog Post MERGED

GeoBQn

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this! I just saw the article and rushed over to comment. I agree so many lies, so little truth.

"I have not had health issues and have had pretty easy pregnancies," Kelly says. "We try to live healthy and make wise decisions about our health

The hell is this bundle of falsehoods?

I would start with ' "We decided to trust God for children," Gil says. "And I would not trade His choices for mine any day." '

If they were truly leaving it up to God they would wouldn't bother with medical intervention to avoid miscarriage when Kelly gets pregnant.

And they are still touting themselves as "debt-free," even though they admitted on national television that they owe money to Lawson.

ETA: Bananacat, the article just said the Duggars were having their season finale, but who really knows what will happen after that?

And they are still touting themselves as "debt-free," even though they admitted on national television that they owe money to Lawson.

But... but... that doesn't count... He owes them for having him, and raising him, and feeding him! They weren't such wonderful, gracious, God fearing people they would have aborted him like some heathen.

What happened to their not wanting a television show? Who wants to bet that this is a test episode for TLC? If the ratings are high enough, I bet they have a regular show next year.

I hope with the money they receive from the show Lawson gets paid back for all those loans he made to his parents. I am sure they owe him thousands. Who am I kidding, I doubt they have ever paid him back for anything.

Could this be part of the Pastor Wives series?

Either way, it makes sense to have a update on them. Considering the Duggars are getting boring... yet America is still interested in their life style.

I know many people find them more attractive than the Duggars, but I find the Bates family just as repulsive. The fact that they tout the debt-free life while borrowing from their barely adult son to make ends meet, the fact that Kelly had a major, life-threatening condition develop after one of her pregnancies and yet still continues to force her body (hello, perhaps the fact that your body doesn't make enough progesterone to maintain a pregnancy is it's way of telling you it's done!) to reproduce, and their reverence for racism clothed as "history" and "patriotism" just really frosts my cookies...

I see Gil as another slimy, snake-oil salesman type of guy who just doesn't have the head for business or the luck that Jim-Boob has had. And honestly, on a completely superficial note, Kelly's mouth drives me crazy...

edited for typos

I know many people find them more attractive than the Duggars, but I find the Bates family just as repulsive. The fact that they tout the debt-free life while borrowing from their barely adult son to make ends meet, the fact that Kelly had a major, life-threatening condition develop after one of her pregnancies and yet still continues to force her body (hello, perhaps the fact that your body doesn't make enough progesterone to maintain a pregnancy is it's way of telling you it's done!) to reproduce, and their reverence for racism clothed as "history" and "patriotism" just really frosts my cookies...

I see Gil as another slimy, snake-oil salesman type of guy who just doesn't have the head for business or the luck that Jim-Boob had had. And honestly, on a completely superficial note, Kelly's mouth drives me crazy...

THIS. So much this. The racism especially angers me. Why people like this continue to get television shows is beyond me.

I would start with ' "We decided to trust God for children," Gil says. "And I would not trade His choices for mine any day." '

If they were truly leaving it up to God they would wouldn't bother with medical intervention to avoid miscarriage when Kelly gets pregnant.

But...but...but....Kelly can take progesterone because it PRESERVES LIFE!!!!!!!11 Yeah, that was her defense when she was questioned about interventions to subvert God's will.

If I hadn't already seen through their shit, that line of circular logic would have done it.

Wait did i miss something? The duggars are returning the fourteenth but will be off the air by march 27th? That is not even a full season. Someone fill me in please?

:( banned.

From where (this time)? :lol:

I also noticed the shortness of the "season." Only 6 weeks. I wonder if they're going to double up new episodes for the first couple of weeks after the VSE to get them up to 10 new episodes?

But OHOH, they have the space museum and what else of late? Rumor has it they did get some footage on the campaign trail, but I don't think they can endorse Frothy, even with the stickers, can they? They sure as hell can't show the bus. I'm sure it'll be more "Look at the kids, learning government like kids in EBIL PUBLIC SKOOLZ can't!!!!!!1111"

eta: I might have only been 11, but I remember exactly where I was when Nixon resigned. I was cheering (as a 9 year old, I campaigned for McGovern - yes, poor deluded me in my snazzy patriotic bell bottoms - at school...not a hard sell in 1970's Oakland).

From where (this time)? :lol:

I also noticed the shortness of the "season." Only 6 weeks. I wonder if they're going to double up new episodes for the first couple of weeks after the VSE to get them up to 10 new episodes?

But OHOH, they have the space museum and what else of late? Rumor has it they did get some footage on the campaign trail, but I don't think they can endorse Frothy, even with the stickers, can they? They sure as hell can't show the bus. I'm sure it'll be more "Look at the kids, learning government like kids in EBIL PUBLIC SKOOLZ can't!!!!!!1111"

eta: I might have only been 11, but I remember exactly where I was when Nixon resigned. I was cheering (as a 9 year old, I campaigned for McGovern - yes, poor deluded me in my snazzy patriotic bell bottoms - at school...not a hard sell in 1970's Oakland).

People. Gills minister didn't like my comment about the KKK shrine. :oops:

The network will have to tread lightly when it comes to the campaign coverage, even if it is after super tuesday.

I think it is a short season because they had to cut so much film regarding Michelle's pregnancy. I am sure there were a few episodes planned of Michelle's doctor's appointments and, of course, the requisite baby shower and gender episodes. Plus, even Michelle's pregnancy was probably mentioned in some way in so many of the regular scenes. Can't let anyone forget that number 20 was on the way.

The "jender" episode was filmed. That's when Mullet found out she'd lost the pregnancy. So they basically had that in the can, even though it wasn't the outcome anyone was expecting at the time.

It's the cries for PRIVACY, then the PUBLIC funeral which we now know was also filmed by TLC which makes this so heinous.

Gawd I met Dick and Pat after they moved back to San Clemente, it was at this Mexican rest. he used to go to. Our roomie at the time was tight with one of his handlers. So they came right up to us so he could talk to Roxie. I was pretty stoned and shit faced and wanted to spit in his face.

That's a short season for the Duggars. The show is over and the Bates are gonna try to take over. I don't think they're interesting of photogenic enough to last more than an hour. They really must need the money.

I'm sure JB&M are grinding their fake supportive smiles to dust right now. Well, ether that or conceiving #20, to head the bates off...

Guest Anonymous

That space museum is the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL down the street from where I work. I didn't see them...didn't want to either. They then headed to Tuscaloosa to help with the tornado recovery effort there months after the fact, and that was nothing but a publicity stunt IMO!

EDITED TO ADD: I know about the Tuscaloosa thing because a friend of mine there told me.

My aunt, then a teenager, hung a black shroud over the doorway the day after McGovern's loss. My grandfather, stalwart Republican that he was, was not amused. :mrgreen:

The Bates special is just lunacy. Does anyone know if Sean Overbeeke is producing it? Does he not have new show ideas in his head, besides taping Gothardites?

Also, does anyone know if TLC is owned by a bunch of fundies? I mean, we have the Duggars, the Bates, Pastor Wives, and Sister Wives. Ugh, enough with the craziness.

Archived