IGNORED

Bates Special/Bates New Blog Post MERGED

GeoBQn

I would love to take Micheala shopping! Ther are so many cute clothes out there that would be considered "modest" and would flatter her! She seems to wear that black (or is it navy?) frumper in most pics I see of her nowdays. She needs something that comes in at the waist, I bet that she's got an hourglass under those frumpers!

Erin had better watch out - her place as the "pretty one" in the family is quickly being overtaken by Tori and Carlin (and neither one is as prissy as Erin, either).

Actually, though, the weird thing is that there's a black-and-white photo on their blog of the whole family, I think taken at Christmas - and in black and white it's all the more apparent that ALL the girls (preteen and up, anyway) have practically the same face. Erin is not that much prettier than Michaela. So much of it is the clothes, and the hair, and that Michaela doesn't seem to wear much makeup. It's like she's resigned herself to frumpdom when she doesn't need to.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Nathan to me on the far left. I can also only see 18, but if others are seeing 19 I'm going to assume my netbook screen is cutting the picture off on the right side :)

It looks like Nathan to me on the far left. I can also only see 18, but if others are seeing 19 I'm going to assume my netbook screen is cutting the picture off on the right side :)

Who is the last person that you see? Erin or a guy in a suit? also, Micheala and Kelly are holding little ones.

All he needs is a helmet and a pair of sunglasses and you've got a storm trooper.

I have never seen the camera crew around them in any shots or news clips but I'm almost certain TLC can't film the campain stuff. Shorter season since no baby and now they are on the campain trail. TLC can't be shown to favor one party over the other or one canidate over the other.

Remember when rumors were swirling that Donald Trump was thinking of running? NBC would not allow "The Apprentice" to continue this season if he did run, unless he stepped down from the show. He had to wait until the season ended to even answer if he was running didn't he?

I also think TLC will make the Duggars pull the sign or banner they sometimes use when campaining for him since it does have the TLC logo on the bottom.

DSC076981.jpg

I could've sworn Zach was in the PD, but I read the bio and it just said he works with them as part of his FD duties. Still...this pic frightens me. QF...with a gun. :?

Zach appears to be a bit of a chunk. Maybe that's where all the Bates' food is going. That or Smuggar is his role model.

Zach appears to be a bit of a chunk. Maybe that's where all the Bates' food is going. That or Smuggar is his role model.

If he is an officer he may be required to wear a bullet proof vest. That would explain the extra weight, especially since it seems to be in the torso region.

If the special's rating are bad, do you think we'll get to see those 8 episodes? I pray for bad ratings nightly!

If the ratings are bad we might see end up seeing all 8 episodes. Some cable networks will keep airing episodes of shows even if the ratings are low. Sometimes they do it just to keep filling slots. E! got bad raitings for the show Dirty Soap. They aired all of the filmed episodes even though the ratings were crappy. I think TLC might try to shove the Bateses down viewers' throats in hopes they can keep large fundie families in the spotlight.

If he is an officer he may be required to wear a bullet proof vest.

In the fire department? Of course, I'm not sure why a firefighter needs a gun, either.

I'm trying to find the good in this situation. With some extra money they won't have to go to Lawson this month for groceries!

eta because I am on an IPad and can't type.

I just can't get over the name Jeb. Seriously? Makes me think of some hillbilly sitting in a rocking chair on the porch with a shot gun. Or Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel's brother.

From what I've seen Kelly seems more hands on than Michelle but that's from what little I've seen on youtube.

Sure, but a Golden Retriever would be more hands-on than Michelle.

We're gonna see wedding, after wedding, after wedding.

We'll never stop the Bateses!

Have no fears, we've got stories for years,

Like Gil becomes a robot!

Kelly gets a cell phone!

Has Zach ever owned a bear?

How 'bout a crazy wedding?

Where something happens

Do do do do do do

You'll never stop the Bateses!

Have no fears, we've got stories for years and years and years . . .

/Simpsons reference

In the fire department? Of course, I'm not sure why a firefighter needs a gun, either.

Oops. Okay, I am back to no idea why he needs a gun.

To be fair, they're kind of winning in the game of evolution (passing of their genes to more offspring who will in turn have a far greater opportunity to pass off their genes). Not that they accept evolution or even know what it really is.

Actually, this isn't true. I don't really blame you because evolution has become a four-letter word and most students only get a brief summary, but this is a shallow understanding of the concept. One generation isn't really useful at all. Statistically, most of them will end with up only a few kids or none at all. Having so many kids around will make most of them want to have fewer. Even those that want to have as many kids as possible will likely have reduced fertility due to their impoverished childhoods. Evolution isn't just about quantity; it's also about quality. Having a sustainable rate of 2.5 kids for many generations can be just as successful as having a whole bunch but investing little into them. Their lifestyle is absolutely not sustainable long-term.

I'm trying to find the good in this situation. With some extra money they won't have to go to Lawson this month for groceries!

eta because I am on an IPad and can't type.

No, Lawson will continue to pay for groceries. Any money that TLC gives them will be used for fertility treatments. Making more babies is far more important than taking care of the kids they already have.

I thought Mullet and the Boob were fame whores, but putting the baby in TLC jumps the shark before the show even starts. This family is disgusting from the get-go. At least the clown car waited a few seasons to go over the top.

Actually, this isn't true. I don't really blame you because evolution has become a four-letter word and most students only get a brief summary, but this is a shallow understanding of the concept. One generation isn't really useful at all. Statistically, most of them will end with up only a few kids or none at all. Having so many kids around will make most of them want to have fewer. Even those that want to have as many kids as possible will likely have reduced fertility due to their impoverished childhoods. Evolution isn't just about quantity; it's also about quality. Having a sustainable rate of 2.5 kids for many generations can be just as successful as having a whole bunch but investing little into them. Their lifestyle is absolutely not sustainable long-term.

Also, evolution is based on the idea that many more offspring are created than survive to reproductive age. We are not really in that situation as modern humans in a developed nation. The less suitable Bates can and apparently are outbreeding the typical family, but it has nothing to do with how well-adapted they are to the environment.

Archived