IGNORED

Did the Maxwell's start out ATI/ VF or someother fundie sec?

Justme

They don't seem to be so now, but they have many ideas/ritualas as ATI, etc. The do courtship, homeschooling, dress, etc. Did they start with "something" before Stevie declared himself "God"?

Yes, they started out in the ATI - in the MOTH book there are tons of sample schedules, including the Maxwell's, and they have the children doing Wisdom Booklets during their school day on theirs - based on when the Wisdom Booklets seem to cease on their schedules I would guess they left when Sarah was an early teen but I could be wrong.

HTH.

Interesting! I can just see them attending that ATI camp that the Duggars attend. :lol: Stevie would see the kids having FUN and run run run!!

I wonder if Steve couldn't stand his family looking up to Gothard instead of him.

Interesting! I can just see them attending that ATI camp that the Duggars attend. :lol: Stevie would see the kids having FUN and run run run!!

Or if this is right, and even ATI was too "worldly." Steve doesn't seem as social as some of the top ATI patriarchs.

I bet Steve didn't like his kids socializing with other kids or preaching from some other man's material, because then the family is not following their Godly headship (Steve). The Maxwells are very big on not allowing their kids to join group activities for fear it will encourage behavior they have not ordained. Worse, their children could pick up thinking that isn't Steve-approved! Yeah, the family is pretty creepy....

I bet Steve didn't like his kids socializing with other kids or preaching from some other man's material, because then the family is not following their Godly headship (Steve). The Maxwells are very big on not allowing their kids to join group activities for fear it will encourage behavior they have not ordained. Worse, their children could pick up thinking that isn't Steve-approved! Yeah, the family is pretty creepy....

You know, it's going to be really interesting to see what will happen to that family when Steve eventually, inevitably dies. He's gone beyond simply being a father, or even a patriarch--he's a cult leader, even if the cult is limited to his own family. Who will try to step in and fill that leadership void, if anyone? Who will take off running? Who will side with who? What's going to happen to this group of adults when the person who dictates and controls their lives isn't around to do that anymore?

Archived