IGNORED

Keller Wedding Live Streamed Today 1:30pm Watch & Talk

theologygeek

Missed the whole thing, so thanks for the youtube link. Did anyone else notice how far away the bride was leaning from the groom in the last few prekiss moments? He practically had to lasso her and reel her in. And what is with the groom grasping her neck so she can't get away from his magic lip lock? We first saw that golden moment with Mr and Mrs Smugs. Is that something they're taught to do during the lego discssion? "Hold her down so she can't get away, boy! It's what theLard wants you to do!"

That whole kiss scene was pretty squicky, and only gets more so with further reflection. The whole buildup from the pastor (FINALLY!), the audience laughing...just sounded like a bunch of smug voyeurs. Then the grab-attack style of face sucking...ick :puke-front:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the videographer has to post it to the channel from which we watched it live. I imagine the bride and groom have to consent (and TLC might have something to say about when it's released as well), so it may be a while. I missed Gothard for crying out loud. I want to see that sumbitch in action.

I thought the sound guy up front looked a whole lot like Jim...

My wireless dies a tragic death just before Priscilla walked down the isle. I was pissed. But now I think it was a good thing. I can watch it on my time with my ability to skip and fast forward. I don't think I could stomach an official transfer of authority; it's better for me that I don't witness the BS.

Hopefully, things will be better tomorrow with my access and I can watch it all and regale you all with my thoughts then.

I wish we could have seen Priscilla and David a little more clearly. Priscilla's dress was pretty, and I liked the bridesmaid's dresses too..nice color. The Duggars didn't impress me either with their singing or their violin playing. I noticed apparently neither Jenny nor Jordyn learned violin yet, but back in the day Jackson was playing violin before he was 4. Guess the Duggars have been too busy traveling to teach the little girls, any more than they've spent time teaching them how to talk. Is it true Esther wasn't there? Do you all think she'll be at Suzanna's wedding - is there a definite date for that yet?

Jackson admitted that he couldn't play in one of last season's episodes. He said he felt stupid "just pretending". I guess they have given up with Hannie and Jennifer.

all i have to say is i'm a little jealous... they seem to really like each other... and tonight well something's going to happen *winkwinknudgenudge* (that comes from a single female who's studying biology tonight...on a saturday night...yeah my lif eis boring)

all i have to say is i'm a little jealous... they seem to really like each other... and tonight well something's going to happen *winkwinknudgenudge* (that comes from a single female who's studying biology tonight...on a saturday night...yeah my lif eis boring)

:shock: I just had the grossest thought. You know Josh is going to try to one up the newly married couple tonight by making Anna do the nasty. If Anna wasn't pg by now, she will be after tonight and you know Josh will be crowing when and where he got her knocke up. :shock:

That rose explosion thing when they kissed looked like someone got shot in the head and the happy couple got in the way.

:shock: I just had the grossest thought. You know Josh is going to try to one up the newly married couple tonight by making Anna do the nasty. If Anna wasn't pg by now, she will be after tonight and you know Josh will be crowing when and where he got her knocke up. :shock:

I think its a Gothard mandate that all married couples attending the wedding must participate in the horizontal bop tonight. Jcheele and Anna will both get knocked up.

That rose explosion thing when they kissed looked like someone got shot in the head and the happy couple got in the way.

I saw it as the prom scene in Carrie!

Missed the whole thing, so thanks for the youtube link. Did anyone else notice how far away the bride was leaning from the groom in the last few prekiss moments? He practically had to lasso her and reel her in. And what is with the groom grasping her neck so she can't get away from his magic lip lock? We first saw that golden moment with Mr and Mrs Smugs. Is that something they're taught to do during the lego discssion? "Hold her down so she can't get away, boy! It's what theLard wants you to do!"

He rightfully owns her now and he can do whatever he wants to her. And he has to prove it to her and everyone watching. At least, that's the vibe that I always get from these displays by fundie boys. It can't be a mutual kiss; it has to be her submitting to his advances.

So they're both abhorrent, but is it just me or do ATI weddings seem to have more sexual repression/desperate fumbling? And VF weddings seem more about MANLY STANCE/glorifying the male?

EDIT: Guess you could say they're just a metaphor for Gothard and Dougie.

Did anyone else think that Gothard's voice sounded a lot like the voice modulator used to disguise voices in TruTV or America's Most Wanted. Because that's what I think.

I thought the sound guy up front looked a whole lot like Jim...

Scott Enlow was definitely the camera guy. He didn't film Gothard for TLC, damitol. I would have LOVED to see how the sheeple would have reacted to that schlock.

Good on Priscilla for not having "obey" anywhere in the vows, although it's certainly implied in the helpmeet crap and the guilt trip Gothard lays on the wife; if he fucks up, it's all on her. It's a horrible paradoxical circle in which the wife can't win.

thanks, I missed the live feed so this was nice

In the first one you see Michelle holding Josies for about 15 seconds then JB takes her away and holds her. Michelle doesn't even acknowledge the kid is there. Too busy mugging during the stupid song. Really, watch it. I have never handed off a baby/toddler without looking to make sure they were ok.

In the first one you see Michelle holding Josies for about 15 seconds then JB takes her away and holds her. Michelle doesn't even acknowledge the kid is there. Too busy mugging during the stupid song. Really, watch it. I have never handed off a baby/toddler without looking to make sure they were ok.

Michelle doesn't look too healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if she found it too difficult to hold Josie. And to give Josie a look to make sure she was ok? I'd say Michelle is too mentally drained for that, too.

Kendalyn is wearing a wedding dress that looks exactly like my mothers!!! So exact, it's scary!

Wedding-Pic-2.jpg

(not my mom)

That was 1978.....

This is 2012....

I'm the same age now when my mom got married....christ!!

...(I'll let that sink in...)

at least my parents had some years of good loving couple freedom before they started a modest family of three children

Thank you for that :puke-front:

Poor Anna. I hope he takes the sunglasses off at least.

1. For some reason after the first song the Duggars sang I now have the song from South Park when Cartman thinks he died in my head "gotta make, make it riiight, cause Jesus wants me to have a clean slate!" :lol:

2. I thought the idea of family singing groups was you picked out the best two or three (like the bateses did) why is everyone INCLUDING JB and the baby maker up there singing?

3. If you have to sing at your wedding, I doubt JD Duggar will ever get married, he doesn't seem like they type to show pony by himself in front of a crowd.

There's something very sweet about these husbands that sing to their wives, regardless of how well or how poorly they sing. It's a very sweet gesture.

Archived