IGNORED

Keller Wedding Live Streamed Today 1:30pm Watch & Talk

theologygeek

YIKES, I think David may have ate Priscilla's face.

Oh, no that was just a fundie kiss.

Ewww.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"So many people marry because they love each other, and that never works out." :shock:

The whole "marriage is an impossibility" thing was a WTF moment for me. It's like "Your marriage may be an impossibility, but I know plenty of marriages that are just a whole lot of work."

There's something very sweet about these husbands that sing to their wives, regardless of how well or how poorly they sing. It's a very sweet gesture.

Nothing sweet about a father selling off his daughters hymen to some fundy asswipe so she can be his brood mare until death.

Canadian Hippie, you're my new favorite! Thank you for filming [sic] those.

I agree, Goatherd sounds like some kind of weird automaton. I hope if 19K&C uses any of his longdrawnout speech to the couple, they pop up with a little info tidbit:

BILL GOTHARD TELLS COUPLES AND FAMILIES HOW TO LIVE

BILL GOTHARD HAS NEVER BEEN MARRIED NOR EVEN ENGAGED

HE LIVED WITH HIS MOMMA 'TIL SHE DIED

HE DYES HIS HAIR

What was the deal with them engaging in handsex after lighting the unity candle for about 5 boring minutes?

Weirdly dull, overlong ceremony. Like many of you, I had the distinct feeling that most eyes in the congregation were attached to brains that were thinking, "Yes, yes, get it over with, get down to the business of populatin' the continent fer Gothard ... I mean, Christ! Right, Bill Christ... I mean, Lord Gothard ... oh, you know!!!"

How long do you think will go by till we hear a pregnancy announcement? Seriously though, the groom looks 12.

As we speak David is probably trying to figure out which hole he puts it into. If he figures it out tonight she's probably impregnated.............................................................................................................................................................now

Yes I agree MamaJunebug. The wedding was a bizarre snoozefest. I can't believe I watched it without alcohol. I couldn't stand Gothard. The man has no charisma at all and I really can't understand how anyone paid any attention to him at all. Anna's dad pinged my gaydar but then again a lot of fundy men do. I just have to remember what an ass he is for controlling/shunning his adult children.

I don't mind David's work ethic. There's a picture on the family website showing him in the kitchen cooking away. Seems he was taught that there is no women's work or men's work--just work. Unlike Anna's hubby who just likes to eat, sleep, and play.

The kiss wasn't the worst I have ever seen. I just feel really sorry that they are going to have a boatload of kids they might not be able to take care of properly.

As we speak David is probably trying to figure out which hole he puts it into. If he figures it out tonight she's probably impregnated.............................................................................................................................................................now

I hope someone remembered to pack the pregnancy tests :lol:

Canadian Hippie, you're my new favorite! Thank you for filming [sic] those.

What was the deal with them engaging in handsex after lighting the unity candle for about 5 boring minutes?

Awe thanks.

As for the handsex... what do you expect after all that heavy petting during the vows?

Some questions:

Can anyone tell me, did Priscilla wear the infamous recycled Hanes T-shirt dress that is so popular with fundies? Why, oh why, aren't embellishments allowed on fundie wedding dresses? Is it considered sinful to have some lace, or nice beading?

Also, did Gothard officiate the wedding ceremony?

Why were Michelle and JimBlob up at the alter along with the Kellers? This is Gothard's Priscilla's big day What fucking purpose did they serve at the wedding, besides being famewhores?

ETA: The Bateses can't really deny anymore that they're QF/ATI can they?

Whoa. That was absolutely...interminable. I watched the YouTube clips, fast-forwarding them as much as I could, and the damn proceedings STILL dragged on. This shebang makes a Catholic nuptial mass seem like a Las Vegas drive-thru chapel wedding by comparison.

Whats with fundies and flats when they wear formal wear? The bridesmaids get all dressed up and come schlepping in wearing some nasty looking flats. Aren't they allowed to wear even a modest heel?

riffle

.. I mean, Christ! Right, Bill Christ... I mean, Lord Gothard ... oh, you know!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: You people are killing me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats with fundies and flats when they wear formal wear? The bridesmaids get all dressed up and come schlepping in wearing some nasty looking flats. Aren't they allowed to wear even a modest heel?

riffle

Heels are for whores.

Say it with me "Heels. Are. For. Whores! That's very good everyone, now who can tell me what a whore is? John David?"

I worked late tonight, so I'm catching up on the videos. Thanks CH for grabbing those!

I can't believe my headship slept through my laughing though. I also can't believe CH didn't laugh and kept her hand steady while our lovely bride walked down the aisle to hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah.

So strange!!

I worked late tonight, so I'm catching up on the videos. Thanks CH for grabbing those!

I can't believe my headship slept through my laughing though. I also can't believe CH didn't laugh and kept her hand steady while our lovely bride walked down the aisle to hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah.

So strange!!

I was too busy rolling my eyes to laugh.

That's a pretty bold move for your first kiss. The sex can't be all that good with a guy like that.

Who cares if the sex is good (for her) as long as he gets a sin-free ejaculation and she gets knocked up....

Why why WHY are the Duggars, the bride's SISTER'S in-laws, so in the middle of things? TLC paying for show material maybe?

So strange!!

Amen, Lutheran-sister-friend! I was amazed, a million years ago, when my pastor ok'ed the idea of me walking down the aisle to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and recessing to "Sheep may safely graze.". When realized my ears weren't deceiving me, and that WAS the Hallejujah Chorus, I gave up ANY hope of these folks ever getting it.

Why, I - and others, possibly - now ask myself. Becausssse...."Jesu, Joy" is in praise of JC, Himself, but "Hallejujah" is .... Gosh, I'm gonna have to think about this! But I will stand by the idea that it's just sacrilege to mKe the chorus the bridal march.

My story & I'm stickin' to it.

(Apologies for the all-caps. iPhone laziness, not shouting.)

Heels are for whores.

Say it with me "Heels. Are. For. Whores! That's very good everyone, now who can tell me what a whore is? John David?"

Can we go over this again?? I missed it because I was practicing per-pen-dick-you-lure.

I watched what l could. It was weird because Gothard sounded totally different than I remember. The halted speaking style was the same but his voice was off. Also he has gained weight.

Archived