IGNORED

Gee thanks, Sarah Maxwell!

skankbiscuit

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'll pray for Sarah - that a Christian man will fall from the sky on their front porch, since that's probably the only way she'll ever meet a future husband, so she can get married, fill her quiver and stop being a bitter bitch about people who don't share her beliefs.

Sarah needs to get laid. I cannot imagine being 30 years old and never been touched in any way shape or form by a man. I don't really blame her for being bitchy.

Sarah needs to get laid. I cannot imagine being 30 years old and never been touched in any way shape or form by a man. I don't really blame her for being bitchy.

No kidding! And sadly, she doesn't even know why she's being bitchy!

No kidding! And sadly, she doesn't even know why she's being bitchy!

That and not having any control over her own life and beign so repressed in every way-I've be a bitch too. I really don't know how she stands it. The girl doesn't even have anyone her age to talk to, to just be friends with. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to watch her brothers get married off and to constantly be ignored and told to "keep sweet". I don't blame her for being bitter-I would be too. Steve's an ass, but that is obvious.

Guest Anonymous

It does seem though that she must know that there is life outside the family compound, given what we now know about Aunt Tami and the grandparents. I don't doubt that she has been emotionally abused all her life, and change would not be easy, but she certainly has a large family that would welcome her with open arms if she were to take the first step.

Any young cousins in the Aunt Tami branch of the family? I wonder if Sarah could start by finagling some sort of nanny gig with them. Dip her toes in the water, sort of.

Welcome, green!

I am the mean lady who went to the Maxwells' blog and called Steve out, reminding him that kids like James literally pay his bills, so I'm glad this made an impression.

I also complimented Steve on the way he responded to all the blog comments on Sarah's behalf, protecting her from all those sketchy types posting questions about cooking and sewing.

I read all of her entries to the guest log and thought they were lovely. What a wonderful thing to treat her parents at such a beautiful place. I can only hope my own children will do the same for me when I am near the end of my life.

And Aunt Tami seems to have a genuine smile. She looks like she enjoys life. Caring for her parents for 6 weeks could not have been easy, but she doesn't have that strained smile Teri wears or the cover-up smiles that the Maxwell children wear in every. single. photo.

I didn't realize Granddad had Parkinson's. I don't think I've ever see Steve write about it.

Guest Anonymous

I didn't realize Granddad had Parkinson's. I don't think I've ever see Steve write about it.

Nope, he instead claimed that this man with advanced dementia totally supported his using Memorial Day to call out for prayer for aborted babies...

After looking at Terri's sister's FB page, I couldn't help but wonder if there is more to them then meets the eye... Maybe they do happy things that they don't blog about (one hopes).

After looking at Terri's sister's FB page, I couldn't help but wonder if there is more to them then meets the eye... Maybe they do happy things that they don't blog about (one hopes).

As much as I hope so too, I believe what you see is pretty much what you get with the Maxwells. Just following their blog since it's inception, and reading the Corners going back to the mid 90's, tells me they are who we see on the blog (or doing a real good impression of boring, holier-than-thou, fundy to the nth degree, people)

Re. Tami's pictures. I agree with whomever stated Tami is likely conservative, right-wing, but not nutty, Maxwell-like fundy.

I noticed in the letter she wrote, she mentioned God just once, and Jesus only at the end. No quoting scripture throughout like Steve the Man would. I like that she wears pants and styles her hair. And yes, she looks far less strained than Teri.

I hadn't been reading the Maxwell's blog very long so I wasn't quite sure who all the players were. I was shocked and appalled to find the one that I thought was the prettiest and had the most husband potential was Sarah. It's too bad she is 30. In the real world she would have a husband and probably two kids by now...so sad. She is gorgeous.

It does seem though that she must know that there is life outside the family compound, given what we now know about Aunt Tami and the grandparents. I don't doubt that she has been emotionally abused all her life, and change would not be easy, but she certainly has a large family that would welcome her with open arms if she were to take the first step.

Sarah doesnt even know ses been emotionally abused though. Steve has done a fine job of isolating and brainwashing her. I doubt she would ever leave.

Sarah doesnt even know ses been emotionally abused though. Steve has done a fine job of isolating and brainwashing her. I doubt she would ever leave.

I agree completely. I think when she writes about how grateful she is that her parents protect her she really means it. I wonder what she thinks would happen to her if she left? Spiritually I mean?

I thought Teri's sister's family looked pretty darn normal. I wonder if they invited Steve and Teri to go on the cruise and how much prayer time was devoted to it, before saying NO! How wonderful to be able to create memories like that and not feel guilty.

It's times like this, after reading about Tami and her family, that I wish i had one of those red thingies that Tommy Lee Jones used on the people in Men in Black.Do it to Steve's family and tell them to get out and enjoy life, meet people, and have some fun. What a prig he is.

YES STEVE YOU ARE A MEAN SELFISH PRIG WHO HAS STIFLED ANY HOPE OF FREEDOM FOR YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

posted under the influence of cold medicine, i have the mother of all head colds

I agree completely. I think when she writes about how grateful she is that her parents protect her she really means it. I wonder what she thinks would happen to her if she left? Spiritually I mean?

I think Sarah needs someone she is close to and trusts to tell her that her parents aren't "protecting" her, but controlling her and that's abuse. She's an adult and doesn't need that control. I think Sarah would need a lot of support to leave and I wouldn't be surprised if Mom and Daddy tell her that Aunt Tami and Uncle Bob are hell-bound. I have no misgivings that Sarah believes if she leaves, she will end up in hell. Girl will probably need lots of therapy.

I think Sarah needs someone she is close to and trusts to tell her that her parents aren't "protecting" her, but controlling her and that's abuse. She's an adult and doesn't need that control. I think Sarah would need a lot of support to leave and I wouldn't be surprised if Mom and Daddy tell her that Aunt Tami and Uncle Bob are hell-bound. I have no misgivings that Sarah believes if she leaves, she will end up in hell. Girl will probably need lots of therapy.

George could do that.

I'm posting to this thread since it's comments on the post this thread was started about, but... check these out. Elizabeth asks exactly what I would have, namely "how do you know YOU'RE saved, then??" and gets an answer, right after Johnna is told she should still pray for others...

The question is whether they were truly saved. Many have made a profession of faith or attend a church but would seem to have no real evidence of being regenerated. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity†(Matthew 7:21-23). Notice Jesus said “I never knew you.†That person was religious, had works, but no personal relationship with Jesus. This passage along with James 2:19-20 are important. “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead†(James 2:19-20)? Scripture is clear that there will be evidence in a person’s life if they are saved. That isn’t judging anyone, to condemn them is to judge them, but to pray for them is a loving thing to do for them.

We do believe Scripture teaches once saved always saved. John 10:28-30, “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one†(John 10:28-30). When in doubt, pray for the person.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Compare to:

The answer to Johnna’s comment will help you too. Certainly, all are sinners before God. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God†(Romans 3:23). Yet, we are told there is salvation available to us. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation†(Romans 10:9-10). We are told that we can receive it and those who do will confess Jesus with their mouths.

1 John 5:13 makes it very clear that we can know we have eternal life. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.†For those who have clearly made a profession of faith, as Sarah and our family, each individually have made, this verse says that we can KNOW, we have eternal life. Not hope, or wonder, but know. That assurance is not on anyone’s “goodness†but Jesus and Jesus alone!! Many cling to a religion as their savior, but no religion died on the cross for their sins. The person trusting in their religion will stand condemned. It is Jesus and only Jesus that saves! “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me†(John 14:6). If we add anything to Jesus, it isn’t salvation.

Elizabeth, I hope that helps clarify your misunderstanding. There is such peace available.

Steve

So I guess they assume their behavior is just what Jesus wants. Because Steve-O would surely KNOW exactly what the proper behavior that shows you're saved should look like.

How is that not Pride?

I'm posting to this thread since it's comments on the post this thread was started about, but... check these out. Elizabeth asks exactly what I would have, namely "how do you know YOU'RE saved, then??" and gets an answer, right after Johnna is told she should still pray for others...

So I guess they assume their behavior is just what Jesus wants. Because Steve-O would surely KNOW exactly what the proper behavior that shows you're saved should look like.

How is that not Pride?

Sure sounds like Pride to me. If they have services at the "Old Folks Home" are they not providing their version of "religion" to the "elderly"? I'm sure lots of churches would like to hear that the Maxwells think they will be condemned for holding their beliefs within a "religion" They are going to lose a great deal of their support if the churches hear about that.

I wonder if Steve opens personal mail that is sent to the house that's addressed to a specific person? Like if someone wrote or sent Sarah a gift, would he open it and supervise it? That could be a federal offense, opening someone else's mail. Hmmmm.

Archived