IGNORED

Gee thanks, Sarah Maxwell!

skankbiscuit

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that and my first reaction was "Sarah's PISSED!". I love how she bolded "eternity in hell".

And I wonder if it isn't directed at us? What do you think? Do you think Stevie has told her about us and he's brainwashed her to think we are evil? I think that's actually pretty likely. She's THIRTY YEARS OLD -- he can't keep her from the truths of the internet forever, can he?

Maybe she's aiming this at her aunt.

There seems to be tension there which we discussed on account of how the aunt's birthday greeting was worded.

It's a smackdown aimed at someone, for sure. Lucky them.

Sarah, honey will catch more flies than vinegar. :shock:

I can only imagine what's been going on in their household since Stevie discovered us. They've been answering pongs to our pings for, what, a couple of months now? Well, thankfully Jesus will guide them to treat this situation appropriately and for now, I guess we are all going to hell. At least we won't die! :)

Guest Anonymous
I read that and my first reaction was "Sarah's PISSED!". I love how she bolded "eternity in hell".

And I wonder if it isn't directed at us? What do you think? Do you think Stevie has told her about us and he's brainwashed her to think we are evil? I think that's actually pretty likely. She's THIRTY YEARS OLD -- he can't keep her from the truths of the internet forever, can he?

Wanna bet?

Guest Anonymous

I really don't think Sarah has any contact with the outside world since the kerfuffle over praying for the waitress's salvation. she was phased out of answering comments then. Hell, she is not allowed to respond directly to comments from her child fans, so I don't think for a minute she knows or cares about FreeJinger.

I reckon it is family that she believes to be hell-bound. She talks about 'several people': I'm thinking the Uncle and family on Steve's side who are sinful believers in Father Christmas.

Hopefully she is lusting after George the Sound Technician and is praying for him too.... :D

Rebekkkkka Kkk!!!ELEVENTY!!!!! Wants to bag herself a maxwell boy.

Oh sarah, there is so much more to life than death sweetie. I just wish you couuld see it.

It would be interesting if they ever acknowledged that for people who don't believe in hell, bolding eternity in hell has no more impact than shoving the bible in front of them.

If you want to believe that, go right ahead. Maxwell beliefs aren't mine so she can shout from the rooftops that I'm going to hell and it would affect me no more than the child I don't know having a tantrum in the store. I see it, I feel for the parent/one dealing with it, and move on.

Whoever she is praying for, she is trying desperately to make herself heard. Poor girl. Most people don't have to try so hard to be heard.

Sarah, we'll pray for you -- you're ALREADY spending eternity in Hell.

Considering they don't deal with anyone outside of family, it must be relatives she's talking about.

Re. Aunt Tammy (? I believe that's her name); I believe she lives in the Southeast (the Carolinas maybe?) They mentioned her on the blog once, years ago, and had a picture of her, when they were traveling near where she lives. She has short hair, leading me to believe she doesn't share at least some of Teri's (she's Teri's sister) beliefs. Also whenever she posts she doesn't quote scripture.

Beyond that I don't know much, but would LOVE to know more about her.

ETA: I imagine the blog post with her picture is still there somewhere. It was several years ago.

Hopefully she is lusting after George the Sound Technician and is praying for him too.... :D

Haha! "When I said I was praying for you, what do you think I meant?" - Jamie from A Walk to Remember (may be slightly paraphrased, but great line for them)

Part of me hopes it was directed at FJ, but I doubt she is allowed to know about us. I would guess family.

There have been a couple comments from Sarah that I've read over the months that have struck me as sort of passive-aggressive/bitchy. She reminds me of a pot about to boil over. Gotta let off some steam every now and then, I guess.

There have been a couple comments from Sarah that I've read over the months that have struck me as sort of passive-aggressive/bitchy. She reminds me of a pot about to boil over. Gotta let off some steam every now and then, I guess.

I agree. Today's post and then there was the one about defending herself why she isn't married seemed edgy. And it seems like there was one other?

It would be interesting if they ever acknowledged that for people who don't believe in hell, bolding eternity in hell has no more impact than shoving the bible in front of them.

If you want to believe that, go right ahead. Maxwell beliefs aren't mine so she can shout from the rooftops that I'm going to hell and it would affect me no more than the child I don't know having a tantrum in the store. I see it, I feel for the parent/one dealing with it, and move on.

Whoever she is praying for, she is trying desperately to make herself heard. Poor girl. Most people don't have to try so hard to be heard.

This is how I view it also - and missionaries don't like it when you just point out that hey, I don't believe in ANY of it, so the threats are meaningless.

Surely they have more success with a more "usual" (for their circles) audience where they probably can assume most people consider themselves Christian of some sort (at least culturally) - those people can be made to feel they're "doing it wrong" and if they believe in damnation to hell for doing it wrong, the threat works. But yeah, I'd love to see someone just stand in front of Steve and say "lolwut? The entire premise is stupid" (his rudeness demands the same back at him!)

Sarah, we'll pray for you -- you're ALREADY spending eternity in Hell.

I wonder how Sarah would feel if someone told her not only that, but "I hope you reincarnate into a better life next time, you've suffered enough in this one, even if you unfortunately had no chance to pursue enlightenment."

As for the bitchy mails I can't help but wondering if that's more Steve speaking for her. We know at least he vets the posts, and he doesn't let her answer comments, so...?

The aunt signs her posts "Aunt Tami" (note the spelling). I have no idea if she's married, unfortunately she probably is and being a woman in the US that means we don't know her last name (heck, even if she's single, do we know Teri's original last name?) for more stalking... :D

I'm fairly new here and mostly a lurker, but I tried to see what I could find on Aunt Tami. I didn't spend long at it as I wasn't getting far. I found Teri's parents names on an old thread here and tried that as her last name but didn't find anything definitive. I wish there was a way to get word to her to and ask her to help free Sarah.

But....it doesn't sound as if Sarah wants freeing. Or if she does, would she dare?

Hmm...what about Steve's brother....anyone know his name?

I replied to her with this:

Sarah,

I believe that the Lord came from God the Father to save us all from our sins. His love and grace are freely given. It’s not for us to judge others as to where they will spend eternity. That is entirely between them and God. We are not privy to the goings on in others hearts. It is possible that at their last days they repent, but it’s not our business. That’s God’s work.

Concern yourself with your salvation and don’t worry about the rest. Live your life as a Christian and be a good example shining your light above your basket.

Remember this passage and let it guide your life:
1 Do not judge others, so that God will not judge you,2 for God will judge you in the same way you judge others, and he will apply to you the same rules you apply to others.3 Why, then, do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the log in your own eye?4 How dare you say to your brother,
Please, let me take that speck out of your eye, when you have a log in your own eye?5 You hypocrite! First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

Living life is so much more pleasant than dwelling on death. You’ll miss so much in the passing. I will pray for you.

Steve will never let her see it, or let it post. Too bad. She might actually think if she could.

Archived