IGNORED

Gee thanks, Sarah Maxwell!

skankbiscuit

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap! I think I'm too late! No Tami Frazer or Nathan Maxwell that isn't totally locked down. Sigh.

She got married. You need to use the new last name - to find that, google her maiden name and "huntsville."

ETA: People beat me to it :) I have to admit I'm a Facebook newb (only logged in maybe once just to make a comment on some news site or other) so I'm not sure if there's some link to read tons of a person's posts, or what. I went for what seems to be the "wall" but that's it... I did see some photo albums though.

Ahhhh, score! Yes, Gigi wears pants when she's not around Stevie! And they look they had a great time! Wow, I'm surprised they can let loose like that (Gigi and Grandpa) and still live on the same block as Stevie. Wouldn't they have more fun living near Tami? You've got to wonder what that arrangement is all about.

Steve, if you're here, chime in and explain to us your personal family plan for elderly care!

Ok, I've been wondering. How do you all know Steve reads here? Just because of stuff posted on the blog that makes it seem so or has there been any other clues?

I don't know why because they are so boring really but these people fascinate me far more than any other fundies. I really want some of them (well all) to escape. I'd love to find Teri and offer her a bottle of Pepsi, bottle of Zoloft and a newspaper. Imagine the excitement!

I assume Steve Maxwell (I doubt he gives permission to Sarah to read here) reads this blog - so for him I have this comment.

Please do not pray for me. The thought of spending an eternity with your god fills me with dread. I base my knowledge of your god on the writings/blogs of fundamentalist christians and the bible (KJV).

Your god :

(a) has extreme low self esteem - needs constant praise and worship

(b) cruel and judgemental -eg flooded the world - killing most of the people, has plans to rapture up a few and destroy the rest

© micromanages - more concerned about "modest clothing" and helping football players than poverty, disease, famine and war

(d) hateful to many people in this world e.g. gay/lesbian/transgender/people of other religions

(e) supposedly all knowing and all powerful but doesn't want to share even a small amount of knowledge (look at Eve condemned for eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge)

(f) misogynist - e.g. women are never to lead but must always follow regardless of their particular skills or personality

(g) overbearing - will brook no corner for dissent or questioning

(h) hates all species except certain people - none of the fundies seems to want to take climate change or species extinctions seriously

I could go on and on and on, but you get the message. I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ETERNITY WITH YOU OR YOUR GOD. So don't waste your time praying for me.

Granddad & Gigi looked like they were having so much FUN!! :dance: I wonder if Stevie knows Nath is on the ebil FB...... :pray:

I feel like writing Steve (cause he's the only one allowed to view the comments), that I'm praying for HIS salvation along with all the members of my Catholic prayer group. ;)

It appears that Nathan is making an idol out of fitness.

It appears that Nathan is making an idol out of fitness.

If you read his comments in the article where he was asked about Samaritan Ministries a while back (if you search this website for "Samaritan Ministries" you can surely find it) he really does come off as obsessed with the idea of health and "personal responsibility."

Basically he belongs to a "health care sharing ministry" (Samaritan) which both (1) doesn't guarantee payment AT ALL, and (2) from the outset only covers disastrous type bills, not routine maintenance type things, (3) has a $200K limit when they do cough up (IF they pay, which is, again, not guaranteed since it's individuals giving a family money directly, nothing coordinated AT ALL) and finally (4) EXTREMELY openly judgmental about what they will and won't cover (you have to get your disease "innocently" and not be slacking about your health - if they think YOU caused your own problem, you're completely SOL).

After reading that interview, suddenly a lot more of the Maxwell general obsession with health and fitness makes more sense. Coming from their judgy "personal responsibility" obsessed lifestyle, combined with MINIMAL health coverage if any, and no coverage for day to day small bad health, I can kinda see how Nathan might find himself rather obsessed with the idea of preventing any problems by exercising.

In fact, now that I think about it, I suspect at least some of the whole "crunchy con" thing comes out of a similar place - there's the lure of back to the land Little House living of course, but also, people probably hope that if they just do everything right and perfectly "healthy" that they'll never get sick and heaven forbid run up medical bills they have no way of paying for.

In fact, now that I think about it, I suspect at least some of the whole "crunchy con" thing comes out of a similar place - there's the lure of back to the land Little House living of course, but also, people probably hope that if they just do everything right and perfectly "healthy" that they'll never get sick and heaven forbid run up medical bills they have no way of paying for.

Well, isn't this the fundie way in general? Do everything right and you'll go to heaven with Jesus? The corollary being that if something bad happens -- divorce, illness, "rebellious" children -- it's all your fault.

With a life like that who needs to worry about hell after death?

There are a couple of good pictures of the Maxwells in Tami's Christmas album on facebook. They actually look quite normal/happy, especially the one with Steve and Teri on the couch.

Terri looks wrung out compared to her not-that-much younger sister. Untreated depression and life with The Maxwell, no doubt.

Pic with Joseph and his brother with the male cousin seem to have no relaxed warmth one would expect to see with family - just the same guarded ubiquitous dizzy expressions.

After seeing these pics, I really hate what Steve has done to his family.

I'm not so sure that "Aunt Tami" is so harmless, it looks like she volunteers for the organization that runs this "Pregnancy Test Center" : http://www.huntsvillepregnancytestcenter.org/

She wroto on their wall about volunteering there.

I can't really tell, is it one of those Crisis Pregnancy Centers?

Mods: I'm not sure if this violates and TOU since it's available on her public Facebook page, please remove if it does.

I'm not so sure that "Aunt Tami" is so harmless, it looks like she volunteers for the organization that runs this "Pregnancy Test Center" : http://www.huntsvillepregnancytestcenter.org/

She wroto on their wall about volunteering there.

I can't really tell, is it one of those Crisis Pregnancy Centers?

Mods: I'm not sure if this violates and TOU since it's available on her public Facebook page, please remove if it does.

Why would being a volunteer there make her a bad person?

Steve, if you're here, chime in and explain to us your personal family plan for elderly care!

Well his plan for his own mother is stick her in a nursing home about 3 hours away and visit 1 to 2 times a year.

ETA: I'm stunned Nathan has a FB account, even if there is nothing on his wall. It just seems so worldly.

And he is really, really, really into fitness isn't he?

Gigi is Steve's stepmother?

Gigi & Grandpa are Teri's parents. Steve's Mother is in a home due to her Alzeimers (sp?). Apparently, Steve's Dad left the family (divorce?) when Steve was young.

Guest Anonymous

Tami has added more photos and a beautiful account of a trip away with Grandpa and Gigi last Autumn. It seems that Grandpa has advanced Parks and dementia and they are trying to make his and Gigi's life as colourful as they can, while it lasts.

Oh Steve, shame on you. Especially for this:

What Do You Think Grandad?

Saturday, June 11th, 2011

It couldn’t have been a more beautiful morning in Kansas. Grandad and I had just finished a walk together, and we were sitting in a couple of lawn chairs out in front of their house. In making conversation, I shared how there were a couple of people who reacted to our including the mention of aborted babies in our Memorial Day post. I asked Grandad what he thought about it.

Grandad is a eighty-year-old, decorated, retired Army officer, and he was wounded in Vietnam. I had asked him a few minutes earlier if he would like me to put the U.S. Flag out. He said yes, and that he missed having it out every day. He loves his country and served his country with all he had. With that background, he looked at me, gave me a thumbs up and said, “Great idea! It was good to mention them.â€

While your sister-in-law works to enhance her father's life, you just use and abuse him, like everyone else in your sad little life.

Why would being a volunteer there make her a bad person?

They are generally places that market themselves as helping pregnant women consider their options, but usually have a strong religious affiliation and attempt to bully and scaremonger the woman out of considering abortion. It shouldn't be allowed, in my opinion. It's deception.

Amen to that!

The food in hell will be better: BBQs, of course, but also local cuisines from places in the Middle East, Africa and Asia where Christianity doesn't dominate. The fundies have... what? Susannah got that magic ham from Jebus, and, as far as ham goes, magic ham does sound pretty good. I need more variety, though.

Meh, the pregnancy test place looks like your average right wing 'we may kinda accept abortion is legal now but your fetus is a precious baaaaaaby' sort of thing. Not anything I approve of, but certainly far removed from the Maxwell type of crazy. Aunt Tami is probably run of the mill anti-choice right-wing, but nothing overly nutty.

I don't know if this was addressed previously, but have you noticed that the reply from Steve to the little boy has been changed?

Dear Sarah,

Happy Birthday! I am that boy you met in St. Louis, MO when your family was on tour. We got our picture with you. The Moody series is awesome! I read one every night before I go to bed. Where did you get the ideas for the book? I am working on a story of my own about a red wolf named James. Your very big reader,

Tony

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Tony,

I’m so glad you’ve been enjoying the Moody books! The Lord gives me the

ideas for each book. Often, they are based on my family or things I’ve

observed happening to others. In addition, the Lord gives creativity .

Good job on working on your own story. Practice, practice, and more practice

is important!

Only for Jesus,

Sarah

Also, hello to all! I have been lurking for ages, and now decided to join ;)

I don't know if this was addressed previously, but have you noticed that the reply from Steve to the little boy has been changed?

Also, hello to all! I have been lurking for ages, and now decided to join ;)

Oooo, good find! Of course, poor Tony probably has already been ruined for life from the first curt answer and probably never saw this one.

Guest Anonymous

Welcome and good spot! :D

Well done Steve, for listening to FreeJinger. Listen again: please also stop exploiting your sick FIL to justify your mistakes.

Archived