IGNORED

New Josie Pic

Buzzard

Guest Anonymous

Most of the Instagram comments are super butt-kissy; it's nauseating. Well, I'm glad Josie is no longer burdened with the pigtail toupee.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She looks adorable, but as valsa said, still a bit "off." It is nice to see her real hair, though, looks like she won't have to worry about the Gothard perm when she gets older!

I think she's looking less "off" as she grows. So, hopefully her looking "off" is just because she was born so early and not a sign that she has more issues. She does look cute in the pic and now that she's got some more hair I hope the new episodes are fake pigtail free!

She's a pretty little girl. Very striking with the dark eyes and blonde hair. I wonder if it will darken as she gets older.

I can snark on the Duggars on a lot of things, but I will say for the most part the kids are cute, and the older ones have grown into fairly attractive young people (Smuggar exception, as he has just plain "grown").

She's adorable but I think she still looks a little "off" (can't pin point exactly what it is though)

I see it. It's the eyes and the flatness to the bridge of her nose and forehead area.

shes looking great..her forehead is a bit wide and eyes far apart but thats typical with a premmie or delayed baby, its much better then it used to be. The off look will be gone soon. So glad to see the fake pig tails are gone! I'm thinking the pics are from over the holidays that shes just now loading.. but I type this as I'm watching the lights blink on our tree :whistle:

Josie looks really good in that pic. I hope she's doing as well developmentally as she appears to be doing physically. I see Josie has graduated from fake pig tails to giant flower thingys on her head. Joy looks a lot like Jill in that picture, and very pretty and grown up. Though Joy never really looks happy.

Nah, it doesn't reach the eyes. Poor kid.

She still looks really nice though. :) And Josie is such a little cutie!

They did when Josie was born. Remember, the girls had to go back with some boys because the latter weren't capable of taking down a few decorations. Since the J'Slaves are on the campaign trail this year (and even when Michelle's home, she doesn't do shit), I don't expect that stuff to come down until they come home. I doubt they're going out west, so they should be home by this Wednesday after Frothy gets his ass handed to him in Florida.

I'm guessing the Florida Duggar contingent might not be home until after Priscilla's wedding on Feb 4th.

I guess this is as good a thread as any to ask this question. OK, so when I started lurking here after the miscarriage, I was trying to read up on the Duggars' kids. It looks like Josie Duggar was born at 25 weeks or so. That's seriously early. Have the Duggars ever confirmed any health problems associated with her? If not - is there any general consensus on this board about health problems associated with her?

Sax - She had a perforated bowel and lactose-intolerance (which their amazing doctor didn't figure out till she was about 4 or 5 months old...???). A lot of us think she has developmental delays. Even with adjusting her age to her original due date she seems to behave like a young infant rather than a toddler.

I think the reason she looks "off" is because she's looking at someone off camera and in a different direction than Amy. Certainly looks a lot healthier than previous pictures/shows.

Sax - She had a perforated bowel and lactose-intolerance (which their amazing doctor didn't figure out till she was about 4 or 5 months old...???). A lot of us think she has developmental delays. Even with adjusting her age to her original due date she seems to behave like a young infant rather than a toddler.

Ah ok, thanks for answering my question. I'm not going to read up on perforated bowels, but that sounds pretty serious. Yeah, seems like you'd find out pretty early if a baby is lactose intolerant.

And yeah, micro-preemie - that's what prompted my question. I mean, ~25 weeks? Not so long ago, I bet most babies born at that time would die quite soon...

Yeah, my neighbors across the street still have their Christmas lights (and light-up reindeer) up. Definitely not out of the question that they're still up.

Its ok to have lights up if they dont turn them on. My friend in Utah leaves his up until late spring. He also puts them up in late october. They are only lit for the month of December. Its all about safety for him. Taking down lights when its cold and there is snow on the ground/ roof is not safe.

Its ok to have lights up if they dont turn them on. My friend in Utah leaves his up until late spring. He also puts them up in late october. They are only lit for the month of December. Its all about safety for him. Taking down lights when its cold and there is snow on the ground/ roof is not safe.

Meh. It's in the high 40s here and we've had exactly one day of snow/ice this winter, several weeks ago. There's been plenty of opportunity to take them down. And the reindeer are out on his lawn.

Not that I care; it's their house, hence none of my business. Even if it was, it's not really a pet peeve of mine.

Ok I'm gonna walk across the street and throw myself on the molded plastic horns of my neighbors rudolph for my faux pas re the xmas decorations. :oops:

I have a string of LED lights around my front window inside. It's so dark in this living room that we need the extra light. We have one large window then 7 feet of grey granite fireplace. Makes it gloomy. LIght helps. And the spousal unit gets SAD as well. I still have my tiny Christmas tree nightlite plugged in though.

Josie looks better compared to before but because she was a few months premature, they have to make sure she's growing intellectually for her age. She does look incredibly cute!

As for Joy, is it just me, or is she wearing some eyeliner? Cos if so, she's looking really pretty. I just hope she hasn't started drinking the kool aid more.

I guess this is as good a thread as any to ask this question. OK, so when I started lurking here after the miscarriage, I was trying to read up on the Duggars' kids. It looks like Josie Duggar was born at 25 weeks or so. That's seriously early. Have the Duggars ever confirmed any health problems associated with her? If not - is there any general consensus on this board about health problems associated with her?

Jessica's posted already about the perforated bowel and the lactose intolerance, but chances are pretty good (or bad) that Josie will have some ongoing medical issues as she grows. A few years ago, a study found that of the 24-26 weekers that survive, 25% will have significant medical problems or developmental delays as they grow up. All most all of the other surviving very early premies will have some developmental problems or medical issues although they can outgrow them with the proper intervention. The sicker and more delayed premies also need early intervention to reach their potential.

Josie was on some supplemental oxygen until fairly recently and it's quite possible that still have an O2 tank at home just in case she needs it. Josie developed a respiratory problem (cold? pneumonia?) when the Duggars were in Israel last year that not only did J'chelle and one of the J'slaves stay over in Israel for an extra week or so, but an Israeli pediatrician had to fly back to the states with them when Josie was stable enough to travel.

wow, Josie has gotten cute and filled-out.

Kind of has that Duggar woman look on her face already... the... "I'm supposed to be smiling right now" face. Poor kid.

Another problem with micropremies is an increased risk for bleeding in the brain. Some of the effects of this aren't really known until the child is a toddler. Hopefully JB's two braincells rub together and he realizes that Josie needs to see occupational and physical therapists.

Josie looks like Jedediah and Joy look sa lot like Jill but I also see Jessa in her too. You'd think after 19 kids that more than just 2 girls would have had natural curly hair!

Josie developed a respiratory problem (cold? pneumonia?) when the Duggars were in Israel last year that not only did J'chelle and one of the J'slaves stay over in Israel for an extra week or so, but an Israeli pediatrician had to fly back to the states with them when Josie was stable enough to travel.

Ugh. It is infuriating that they've been traveling so much with Josie. If they really cared about her health they would not be dragging her all over the place.

Archived