IGNORED

New Josie Pic

Buzzard

Ugh. It is infuriating that they've been traveling so much with Josie. If they really cared about her health they would not be dragging her all over the place.

I find it especially infuriating because they already had a previous baby (I think it was Jordyn) develop pneumonia while they were traveling around with her. You'd think that history would make them extra careful about not exposing their even-more-fragile daughter to the germs involved with travel and meeting strangers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She does look so much better. I think the 'odd' look is simply that she has a big forehead (like Jackson) and small, but puffy eyes. I think when her hair grows out more, it'll hide a bit of the big forehead, maybe they'll give her bangs. I think she'll continue to get cuter as she grows. She's actually fortunate that she didn't get the elongated head that many preemies get from laying flat for so many months.

Although she is at higher risk for developmental delays, there is a decent chance that she won't have any, especially considering she doesn't seem to have had any brain bleeds those first few months (at least they never mentioned any). I babysat for a boy who was born at 25 weeks and also remained on O2 for a long time, he was almost 2 before he stopped needing it at night. He was also on an apnea monitor until he was off the oxygen. Even with that, he was spared some of the more serious complications that preemies can endure (such as IVH, or brain bleeds), and is now a thriving 22 year old who, aside from being a bit on the small side, needing glasses (from ROP) and being prone to pneumonia as a child, is a healthy, brilliant young man. He runs marathons, graduated college last year at 21 years old and is now in graduate school. Being born a micro preemie does not automatically = delays and long term health problems. I hope that turns out to be the case for Josie, since she was not born into a family that would seem to be ideal at handling a child with special needs.

I find it especially infuriating because they already had a previous baby (I think it was Jordyn) develop pneumonia while they were traveling around with her. You'd think that history would make them extra careful about not exposing their even-more-fragile daughter to the germs involved with travel and meeting strangers.

Jordyn was hospitalized from complications of RSV as a newborn. I do think it was irresponsible and reckless of them to take Josie on that trip, but I'm sure they'd argue that she survived it just fine and no one had to miss that opportunity in order to stay at home with her.

. but I type this as I'm watching the lights blink on our tree

Hee. Our tree went up a few days before xmas and is still up, though the lights have been turned off.

Considering that I don't celebrate, I'm sure as heck not taking it down.

Why do I feel like TWOP Howard is about to rush in and censor me for talking about holiday decorations in the wrong thread?

I'm scared for life...

I think Josie's care is sort of like Star Trek, you know, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Josie will adapt or be shoved off a stair case at some point.

Josie does look good in that picture. I like how her hair has grown, don't have to worry about the horrible fake hair head band anymore.

She looks adorable (& happy) in that picture. :)

I hope she is thriving, but seeing as it's the Duggars, who can say...

Jennifer and joy look good too. ;)

& Yes, no more fake pony tails, she must be relieved!

I wonder if J'chelle isnt on the "trail" with the rest of them because there are still some lingering issues from the israel illness.

Archived