IGNORED

Good News From TLC?

graciebeth

That's interesting actually. Supposing that hell was proven to exist, froze over and Santorum won the primaries, what would TLC do then? The Duggars would then be publicly supporting the man going up against Obama. Surely TLC would have to be non-partisan?

I'm assuming that TLC's lawyers are smart enough to keep them FAR away from covering a campaign while its still active unless they want to give equal time to all candidates.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming that TLC's lawyers are smart enough to keep them FAR away from covering a campaign while its still active unless they want to give equal time to all candidates.

Actually, it's not the covering the campaign that's bad, it's the broadcasting the campaign footage before Santorum drops out. That would prompt Gingrich, Romney and Paul to request equal time.

It's my strong suspicion that this is the holdup. Santorum is still in the race, and until he drops out, it's useless to schedule shows. Once he decides he's wasting his time, then TLC will announce the next season.

TLC is probably waiting for Santorum's presidential run to end. Though it's never been an issue before, it might look improper for TLC to feature the Duggars while they are actively campaigning.

^This is probably true too, I've thought about that. With any luck Santorum will be out very soon and another season will start not long after that.

TLC is launching two new shows, commencing the first Tuesday of Sweeps MONTH, and there is no alteration to Sundays when they air specials, as far as my programmer goes today, which is 2/7.

If they're not slotted in now, the show is on hold. No one launches a show, even an established one, in the middle of the MAJOR month of Sweeps.

If the series comes back at all, it won't be until March. But at this juncture, they can't go out, so I'm betting on a Valentine's Day "Jubilee" VSE to hopefully put us alll out of our misery (and introduce the notion of karma to Smuggar).

Guest Anonymous
My gut feel is that they (TLC & JimBob) have no idea how to handle an unhappy Michelle. Her happy-sappy voice and keeping sweet just doesn't fit with the obvious devastation that she has felt since then. Maybe she really has had a breakdown. She did with the first one - that's what caused all this over-reaction birthing in the first place. Michelle with a mental breakdown does not equal good tv or good PR for Gothardism. Can't keep sweet while you're curled up in a foetal position in your room.

Or when you're trailing around the house in your bathrobe, with a Reborn doll hanging from your Breast Friend.

I realized the only way that Jimboob can support his brood, and their offspring is to become a lobbyist for perhaps the vehement pro life folks or work for a super pac. He could then hire his eldest son to travel with him.

I can see it lasting for another season. Then I suspect they may try a Josh and Anna spin off. That will get cancelled after 1 or 2 weeks,and then we'll be rid of them other than a yearly special or two.

Just the mere fact that the Duggars have not been filmed following Ye Frothy One cross country, might indicate that TLC is losing interest in the Duggars. Think about it-how many trips to the dentist, doctors, random field trips, etc, can they show? Plus, it doesn't help when the random fact bubble that pops up during the show says the same shit we've known since their first special. With this new season that they've filmed, I can't even imagine what the episodes will be about-there's so much about Jubilee that they can talk about before the viewers switch to another show.

I think it's a sign that the gravy train is about to come to a stop. Hopefully :eusa-pray:

The real question is, Are the Duggars campaigning for Santorum because TLC is not filming, or is TLC not filming because the Duggars are campaigning for Santorum?

I tend to believe the first scenario is more believable. I can't see Jim Bob telling TLC they can't film because they'd rather support Santorum. After all this time, he is more than aware of production deadlines, and delaying filming would put the season in jeopardy. And you just know he'd never turn down the money.

As far as Michelle having some sort of breakdown after losing the baby, of course it is possible, but if she is in such a fragile state, I just can't see Jim Bob leaving her alone with only Jana and Joseph helping for such an extended period of time. It just doesn't make sense.

Ye Frothy One

OMG xReems, you're lucky I wasn't drinking anything! :lol:

*We should start a keyboard replacement fund for such instances, seems to happen quite regularly here!

I don't think they can shoot political events...I don't know seems like I heard somewhere that they couldn't influnce the public or something by doing that. I almost bet they went on the campain trail because TLC isn't shooting. Maybe TLC figured out the public wasn't happy about them filming the miscarriage and such that they are kind of undecided? We might have a Very Duggar Special the duggars say goodbye, in where we see a quick hopefully clip of the funeral, maybe a announcment that Anna is pg(the pics make me wonder) and thats it.

The real question is, Are the Duggars campaigning for Santorum because TLC is not filming, or is TLC not filming because the Duggars are campaigning for Santorum?

I tend to believe the first scenario is more believable. I can't see Jim Bob telling TLC they can't film because they'd rather support Santorum. After all this time, he is more than aware of production deadlines, and delaying filming would put the season in jeopardy. And you just know he'd never turn down the money.

As far as Michelle having some sort of breakdown after losing the baby, of course it is possible, but if she is in such a fragile state, I just can't see Jim Bob leaving her alone with only Jana and Joseph helping for such an extended period of time. It just doesn't make sense.

I can see JimBob leaving Michelle for an extended period of time, even if she has had a breakdown of some sort. JimBob needs to find a new way to make money now that TLC isn't filming, and he probably wants to get back into politics. He most likely sees Mr. Frothy as a way to get back into politics. I also think Michelle is doing no more than she usually does, since Jana, Grandma, and Joy are there to run TTH.

I think that the show may not be back until May or June. It could run as a summer replacement series, just as Kate plus 8 did, that show went on 6 month breaks from the time it started. If they do wait til June, TLC won't have to address the miscarriage at all, other than maybe to announce it at the beginning of the first episode but not show the funeral or anything else about it. If Michelle does get pregnant again, the show would probably wait until she is around 6 months along before making an announcement. All I can think of to film these days after the political campaign is over is a trip to see the Bates' new baby (due next month) and Priscilla's wedding, and who knows, possibly a courship for one of the older kids. That's probably why the next season hasn't been announced yet....they haven't finished filming it yet. I wonder if they'll show the Duggars at the Space center in Alabama that took place last summer. The episodes will start to look jumbled and out of order if the filming takes place over an extended period of time.

I imagine that TLC had to dump most of whatever footage they took in anticipation of a successful pregnancy. Even tasteless TLC producers apparently realize that people would not tune in to see Michelle speaking breathlessly about her latest blessing on the way, when we're all in the future and know it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe there's a tug of war going on as to whether to renew the show for one more season. Some execs might think the Duggars could still bring in high numbers of viewers; while others see the show as stale and offering nothing new to jazz it back up. Besides, it really is getting weirder with each passing season to see those young adult women doing nothing with their lives besides raising their siblings. How often can Michelle say that one or the other is "considering" further eduction, while with each passing year, they remain solidly at home?

I can see it lasting for another season. Then I suspect they may try a Josh and Anna spin off. That will get cancelled after 1 or 2 weeks,and then we'll be rid of them other than a yearly special or two.

I wonder if they'll even go the specials route considering the Little People, Big World specials are not doing well.

Wonder if the Duggars want 20 or 21 kids and counting while TLC wants to stick to 19?

When I was a teen in the early 80's, I worked for McDonalds and every few months one of the kids would have to go out and change the number of billions served on the logo. Eventually it must have gotten too confusing so McDonalds just changed it to "Billions and Billions Served".

TLC could take a cue and just change the name to "Tons of Kids and Counting" so as not to create any disharmony between the souls of Caleb, who was never previously counted, and Jubilee, who counts very much.

TLC could take a cue and just change the name to "Tons of Kids and Counting" so as not to create any disharmony between the souls of Caleb, who was never previously counted, and Jubilee, who counts very much.
You've found the solution! They can't make it "20 Kids" and say one miscarriage was a kid and one wasn't, they can't make it "21 Kids" and say both were kids, but they've only bothered to say that so many years after the first one... they CAN, however, make it "21 Kids" and explain that they weren't hypocrites for never counting the first miscarriage before, it's just that Jubilee counted MORE... you know, like, one whole integer more!

"hasnt been finalized" sounds like contractual issues but that its coming back. They may bury it on a saturday night or something like that but I think we're stuck with this tripe for atleast another season UNLESS all this tweeting has violated smuggars contract.

Oh wouldn't it be sweet if the show got one last season, but Josh wasn't allowed to be in it? I would love to see the angry tweets if he was forced to be in the background and have no talking head time.

Wonder if the Duggars want 20 or 21 kids and counting while TLC wants to stick to 19?

I'll bet they do, but all that contradiction of Jubilee/Caleb etc makes it too complicated, especially since it takes the pro-life to a major extreme even for them...

I don't think Jim-Boob will ever divorce her, but it's possible that Michele could end up with one of those realistic looking newborn dolls because of her identity crisis.

This made me laugh so hard. I also think it's funny because it's true.

I wonder if they'll even go the specials route considering the Little People, Big World specials are not doing well.

The LPBW specials haven't done well like you mentioned and I wouldn't be surprised if TLC never revisits the Roloffs again. But I think TLC would try out a couple of 19KAC update specials and I don't see update specials doing that well. The Duggars have lost some fans and I think even some of the remaining fans wouldn't care to watch them again.

The LPBW specials haven't done well like you mentioned and I wouldn't be surprised if TLC never revisits the Roloffs again. But I think TLC would try out a couple of 19KAC update specials and I don't see update specials doing that well. The Duggars have lost some fans and I think even some of the remaining fans wouldn't care to watch them again.

If a courtship or marriage doesn't happen in the coming season, then it'll be covered in a special if the show ends. If one of the J'slaves gets married/betrothed, I think that special will do fairly well.

Or if one ragequits, which I'm kind of hoping for.

If a courtship or marriage doesn't happen in the coming season, then it'll be covered in a special if the show ends. If one of the J'slaves gets married/betrothed, I think that special will do fairly well.

Or if one ragequits, which I'm kind of hoping for.

I also think kind of special might do well. Some people would be curious to see the man that is marrying a Duggar girl.

Guest Anonymous

This made me laugh so hard. I also think it's funny because it's true.

Can't you just see the little feet dangling from her Breast Friend?

Can't you just see the little feet dangling from her Breast Friend?

She'd walk around with the cape/hood thing with the doll stroking it and singing.

Archived