IGNORED

Good News From TLC?

graciebeth

There is a new show called "Sorority Girls" that will be shown on Tuesday nights in the Duggars old time slot ( 9 PM?). It looks to be a series. If this series is pre-empting the Duggars, they won't be back on again for a few months, unless TLC changes the time and day of the show. For ratings, it's never good to change the times because people won't always know when to watch. I agree with the others who think that the Duggars might either be done or have a shortened final season this year.

I love that the type show is possibly pre-empting the Duggars. I bet a show about soriority girls will be a bit trashy but at least those girls are living their own lives unlike the J'Slaves.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hold on hold on....s photo of Nathan Bedford Forrest is hanging on the Bates' wall?

Yep. And it suddenly vanished as soon as someone asked them about it. Someone on here has the picture saved, I believe.

If TLC can get one of the J'slaves to become a Sorority Girl, then they should have all their bases covered in regards to ratings.

Yep. And it suddenly vanished as soon as someone asked them about it. Someone on here has the picture saved, I believe.

If the Bateses do get a TV show that pic which was saved by an FJer and other things will come out about the Bateses. If the Bateses do indeed get a TV show, I can see an immediate backlash because of some of the things they family does and doesn't do. A lot of people already know about them not having health insurance and they know about Lawson constantly lending money out. Some people have tolerated the Duggars because Boob at least has insurance and certain resources for the kids. I can TV viewers getting annoyed with Gil and Kelly going off to the free Christian clinic.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think the Bates family is as charismatic or media-savvy as the Duggars to make a TLC show about their family successful. They're like store brand Cheez-Its - similar to the real thing but not quite satisfying enough.

Now an Amish reality show, that I'd watch.

There has been several on Channel 4 in the UK:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/amish-worlds-squarest-teenagers

and

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/living-with-the-amish

They were good and had high production values. First saw the Amish visit different contrasting UK familes and the second saw this reversed.

I can TV viewers getting annoyed with Gil and Kelly going off to the free Christian clinic.

Free Christian clinics are one thing, but Gil was practically giggling when he talked about how emergency rooms have to treat you even if you don't have insurance.

Some people, dearest Gil, particularly those of your political persuasion, tend to look at that sort of behavior as dead beats ripping off the taxpayers.

Can't afford 'em? Don't have 'em.

Free Christian clinics are one thing, but Gil was practically giggling when he talked about how emergency rooms have to treat you even if you don't have insurance.

Some people, dearest Gil, particularly those of your political persuasion, tend to look at that sort of behavior as dead beats ripping off the taxpayers.

Can't afford 'em? Don't have 'em.

I remember the part about the emergency rooms and on ABC's site a lot of people commented on Gil's attitudes towards ER's.

There has been several on Channel 4 in the UK:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/amish-worlds-squarest-teenagers

and

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/living-with-the-amish

They were good and had high production values. First saw the Amish visit different contrasting UK familes and the second saw this reversed.

I'm pretty sure channel 4 is only viewable on-line in the UK.

I could see a Josh and Anna show, done by someone other than TLC, being really watchable. They could play up the "we were raised with extreme beliefs but now we're questioning things" angle. They could show musings on the evils of television, their future plans for Mykynzy, Josh musing on his failed educational and vocational goals, Anna wondering if the family drama is worth it, both wondering about birth control. They could do like the BBC specials and spend time with different families to see how they function. Even if they limited it to devout Christian families it would be very eye opening for them.

That would be real reality - and much better than 19K&C.

I'm pretty sure channel 4 is only viewable on-line in the UK.

I think for copyright reasons it is not, but, there are a couple of whole episodes on Youtube.

I saw World's Squarest Teenagers. It was interesting. It was more interesting observing the native UK teens. The class differences are the same, but the way they are lived out is very different.

new Duggar article on my fb feed,,,Going with the Flow about the Duggars.. people are asking when they are returning to air some coments say Feb 2nd - they are so excited because the Duggars went on a european tour and thats when the first episode airs....Didnt that already air?? Others are sayng they will be back in June?

Archived