IGNORED

Good News From TLC?

graciebeth

The duggar fan blog just posted this statement from TLC:

Here's the latest: TLC has informed us that the "19 Kids and Counting" TV schedule has not been finalized. More information will be available in the coming weeks.

Could "has not been finalized" be code for cancelled?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They'll find their way to get attention. Once a famewhore, always a famewhore!

Right.

But I wonder what would happen when Michele can't have babies anymore? is Jim-boob gonna divorce her and get married to a much younger woman?

Will Michele have an identity crisis since all she knew was baby-making?

Jim Bob will never, ever leave Michelle. I love to snark on them but one thing is certain, that man loves, no, adores his wife. I'd even say that JB loves more M than she loves him.

But were he to be widowed at a fairly "young" age (say under 60) I'd see him re-marry a 30 yr-old ATI fundie woman and "getting more arrows from her quiver". After an appropriate grieving period, of course... ;)

And I'd hope from TLC at least one last season, for the snark.

Jim Bob will never, ever leave Michelle. I love to snark on them but one thing is certain, that man loves, no, adores his wife. I'd even say that JB loves more M than she loves him.

But were he to be widowed at a fairly "young" age (say under 60) I'd see him re-marry a 30 yr-old ATI fundie woman and "getting more arrows from her quiver". After an appropriate grieving period, of course... ;)

And I'd hope from TLC at least one last season, for the snark.

I can see that too, it would certainly be interesting if Boob were to just marry someone else WITH Michelle.

I can see that too, it would certainly be interesting if Boob were to just marry someone else WITH Michelle.

Like Sister Wives meets 19K&C?

Right.

But I wonder what would happen when Michele can't have babies anymore? is Jim-boob gonna divorce her and get married to a much younger woman?

Will Michele have an identity crisis since all she knew was baby-making?

I don't think Jim-Boob will ever divorce her, but it's possible that Michele could end up with one of those realistic looking newborn dolls because of her identity crisis.

If TLC does cancel the show soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we see update documentaries on the family this year or next year. Boob would likely do what Matt Roloff did and negotiate for update specials.

#1 Jboob has never given any indication that he doesn't love his wife; his kids, however, are another story (they are there to entertain him and to play with, not raise to be independent, productive members of society). #2, divorce would go against everything they stand for. I'm not sure why anyone would even think divorce would be an option for the Duggars.

Realistically, I think if the show were to be canceled, it would be the impetus to marry off the older children, in an effort to minimize household costs. I also think they would go back to their used shoe and clothes buying ways, at least for their growing children. Hopefully, they have invested their earnings, so they won't be destitute, and I think Jboob is shrewd enough to have financially secured the future of all family members living under the Tinker Toy House roof.

ETA: "Shrewd" and "shrewed" are two totally different words.

#1 Jboob has never given any indication that he doesn't love his wife; his kids, however, are another story (they are there to entertain him and to play with, not raise to be independent, productive members of society). #2, divorce would go against everything they stand for. I'm not sure why anyone would even think divorce would be an option for the Duggars.

Realistically, I think if the show were to be canceled, it would be the impetus to marry off the older children, in an effort to minimize household costs. I also think they would go back to their used shoe and clothes buying ways, at least for their growing children. Hopefully, they have invested their earnings, so they won't be destitute, and I think Jboob is shrewed enough to have financially secured the future of all family members living under the Tinker Toy House roof.

I think Boob has probably been socking away some money. I agree the cancellation of the show could lead to a few courtships and marriages like you said to minimize household costs. I can also see them going back to buying used clothes and if they do, I bet problems with the younger kids would happen. The younger kids have probably gotten used to have clothes from the mall and I can't see them trying to be happy with stuff from Goodwill or Savers.

Realistically, I think if the show were to be canceled, it would be the impetus to marry off the older children, in an effort to minimize household costs. I also think they would go back to their used shoe and clothes buying ways, at least for their growing children. Hopefully, they have invested their earnings, so they won't be destitute, and I think Jboob is shrewed enough to have financially secured the future of all family members living under the Tinker Toy House roof.

Agree. Don't think money is too much of an issue. At least for JB. Josh? Maybe a bit of a rude awakening is in store for him.

However, I must admit I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, the show is pretty much done, I think we can all agree on that. But I do worry about the younger kids losing access to their friends in the crew, and just an all-round less sheltered existence.

And I will miss the snark.

Like Sister Wives meets 19K&C?

It should be a little person who is aiming to be the next great baker and owns a tattoo shop.

I'm thinking they may do what they did for Kate Plus 8 and just air an extremely condensed season and let the sheeple say goodbye, use up the last bits of footage, and address the jubilee fiasco. But of course I could be wrong...

I suspect TLC will renew the show for at least one more season. They will probably exploit the recent miscarriage and go on more stupid trips. But, if Michelle has another miscarriage or two I think TLC will cancel it because nobody wants to watch that. A courtship and marriage could also prolong it, but this seems somewhat unlikely since the older girls are needed around the house and John-David is so camera shy that even if he did get married I doubt he would allow as much of the process to be filmed as Smuggar did.

My gut feel is that they (TLC & JimBob) have no idea how to handle an unhappy Michelle. Her happy-sappy voice and keeping sweet just doesn't fit with the obvious devastation that she has felt since then. Maybe she really has had a breakdown. She did with the first one - that's what caused all this over-reaction birthing in the first place. Michelle with a mental breakdown does not equal good tv or good PR for Gothardism. Can't keep sweet while you're curled up in a foetal position in your room.

They told the family (Well, Amy) the show was coming back in January, then in February, and now it's not finalized. That's certainly not a good sign. 'Jubilee's Wonderful Death' would have to air during sweeps week to get enough ratings to keep the show afloat. Even TLC realizes how tacky an episode that would be. If it Ain't back by March, the show is over.

I'm not sure what combination of Google searches led me to this forum, but I came here seeking more information about the Duggars in the wake of the miscarriage - more than just the standard "Clown car, it's not a vagina" jokes that get trotted out whenever Michelle is pregnant. Over the past month or so, I've come to the conclusion, based on reading the various threads on this forum, that I arrived close to the end of the show. I can't prove it, but all the threads I've read in aggregate suggest that the show will probably be cancelled soon. Maybe there will be another season, but the Duggars won't be on TLC much longer. Like I said, I can't prove that - but I really think that's true.

I'm not sure what combination of Google searches led me to this forum, but I came here seeking more information about the Duggars in the wake of the miscarriage - more than just the standard "Clown car, it's not a vagina" jokes that get trotted out whenever Michelle is pregnant. Over the past month or so, I've come to the conclusion, based on reading the various threads on this forum, that I arrived close to the end of the show. I can't prove it, but all the threads I've read in aggregate suggest that the show will probably be cancelled soon. Maybe there will be another season, but the Duggars won't be on TLC much longer. Like I said, I can't prove that - but I really think that's true.

I know, I arrived late to the party as well, just before this last season. I think there will be a sort of "goodbye Duggars" final season, and I don't think TLC would just throw them under the bus. But there's not much left to film unless Michelle has another baby, or one of the kids gets married/courts, or there's some serious drama, like Jinger leaving and telling the rest to ESAD.

TLC is probably waiting for Santorum's presidential run to end. Though it's never been an issue before, it might look improper for TLC to feature the Duggars while they are actively campaigning.

"hasnt been finalized" sounds like contractual issues but that its coming back. They may bury it on a saturday night or something like that but I think we're stuck with this tripe for atleast another season UNLESS all this tweeting has violated smuggars contract.

TLC is probably waiting for Santorum's presidential run to end. Though it's never been an issue before, it might look improper for TLC to feature the Duggars while they are actively campaigning.

That's interesting actually. Supposing that hell was proven to exist, froze over and Santorum won the primaries, what would TLC do then? The Duggars would then be publicly supporting the man going up against Obama. Surely TLC would have to be non-partisan?

Archived